As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MOBA DOBA] League of Yordles! Come play, it's FREE!

• Options
    MattakuevanMattakuevan Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Damn, do you people complaining even play Ez? He will still be a wreaking ball of a carry/dps/whatever the hell you want with these changes and will still be able to heal and stuff, just not as much.

Plus they made his most damaging normal move even more damaging (wtf why).

Mattakuevan on
  • Options
    EndomaticEndomatic Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Probably to entice more AD builds.

Endomatic on
  • Options
    BeckBeck Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    idk, maybe because you can potentially heal all your teammates while being able to nuke your enemies a couple of seconds later?

He's cool to lane with and against, though. I don't disagree that his heals needed a nerf, but his damage has been changed in such a way that he can't really push a tower anymore. That's...Really rough. His passive nerfs are excessive.

Beck on
    Lucas's Franklin Badge reflected the lightning back!
  • Options
    SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Ezreal's passive was untouched.

Which is good because it's fine just the way it is.

His damage wasn't changed that much either, in fact for pushing purposes it's basically the same since I would hope you're not using his ult just for pushing.

Slicer on
  • Options
    CognisseurCognisseur Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Ugh, I'm terrible. I knew the learning curve on this game would be harsh, but it's just so disappointing to be last in kills, assists, minions, destructions, etc.

Cognisseur on
  • Options
    DkarrdeDkarrde Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Cognisseur wrote: »
    Ugh, I'm terrible. I knew the learning curve on this game would be harsh, but it's just so disappointing to be last in kills, assists, minions, destructions, etc.

Stats can be deceptive. I'll go over the ways each one can be flawed.

Kills -- A kill is an assist where you dealt the last point of damage. Nothing more.

Assists -- This can be a very important stat, certainly much more important than kills. That said, not all champions are particularly great at killing the shit out of people, or healing/buffing the people doing that. For example, Heimerdinger wrecks minions and towers -- and towers are the point of the game. Not kills.

Minions -- Some champions are just terrible at killing minions. Rammus generally will have godawful minion kills -- that doesn't make him a bad champion. You should focus on last-hitting when you can, but this as a stat mostly fluctuates with champion, and less so with what role you end up taking in the team makeup.

Destructions -- This is kills but with towers. Since there is no such thing as a tower assist, this is an even more deceptive stat. It's just who dealt the last point of damage to a tower.

One of the most retarded things pubbies do is judge someone's worth based entirely on their stats. There are so many interconnected variables in this game that it's impossible to levy a statistic that truly denotes 'skill'. Sometimes you just get fucked and your score is horrible through little fault of your own. Frankly, only an examination of the actual gameplay can reveal whether someone actually did poorly or not.

Dkarrde on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SuperRuperSuperRuper Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    ^This^

The stats in this game are really deceptive. I play a lot of Morgana, and although I usually get a lot of kills early, I have much more assists. I've gone 7/3/27 before and been much more proud of that than my 29/2/5 games with her. And with some good BS's I've kept pushes alive well past they're expiration date. There's a lot of champion killers, but I prefer the kill enablers.

Does anyone else have a problem with Tris? I'm fine with literally every other hero, although certain ones are extremely annoying (Jax, Twitch), but tris is just ridic.

And yet they continue to buff her...

Edit: SuperRuper is my in game name too, if you wanna get a game goin.

SuperRuper on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN: ChemENGR
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Kind words, folks, but they don't apply to me. I really am as bad as the stats indicate. I've only been playing for 2 days and I never played DOTA. I'm absolute garbage-- I'm terrible at last-hitting, I get jumped all the time, and I can't finish anyone off. I don't consider these to be permanent problems, but for now I am just tterrrrrriiibbbbbllee and it makes for not the most fun playing experience.

Cognisseur on
  • Options
    MouschiMouschi Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Dear Kayle from the last game I played:

I was aggravated by the way you chased enemy team members into the jungle and then died in ambushes, repeatedly. I was also aggravated by the way you ulted yourself and not me (Ryze) or Jax, who were doing most of the damage in team fights, and were getting focused every team fight for that reason.

I wanted to write you this note to tell you that you hurt my feelings by doing these things, and ask you to avoid doing them again.

Sincerely,
    Ferox, who has had a bad day already, thanks so much

Mouschi on
    1848717-1.png
    Gamertag: Cunning Hekate // League of Legends: FeroxPA
  • Options
    MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Mouschi wrote: »
    Dear Kayle from the last game I played:

I was aggravated by the way you chased enemy team members into the jungle and then died in ambushes, repeatedly. I was also aggravated by the way you ulted yourself and not me (Ryze) or Jax, who were doing most of the damage in team fights, and were getting focused every team fight for that reason.

I wanted to write you this note to tell you that you hurt my feelings by doing these things, and ask you to avoid doing them again.

Sincerely,
    Ferox, who has had a bad day already, thanks so much

Ferox dont be sad :(

Melkster on
  • Options
    DrijenDrijen Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    One final word on stats, coming fresh off a game where we 'lost' as far as every statistic goes: the only important stat in the game is who got the nexus kill. If its your team congratulations; you made it! If its the other team; perhaps you got distracted from the point of the game and did some really silly shit in the name of those other stats.

Take it from Mr.Tower-Push Mundo; if you get a chance to kill an enemy or two and don't immediately use that breathing room to destroy a building if you can you are losing the game one silly 'I gotta b to heal' at a time.

Drijen on
  • Options
    cwapfobrainscwapfobrains Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Kind words, folks, but they don't apply to me. I really am as bad as the stats indicate. I've only been playing for 2 days and I never played DOTA. I'm absolute garbage-- I'm terrible at last-hitting, I get jumped all the time, and I can't finish anyone off. I don't consider these to be permanent problems, but for now I am just tterrrrrriiibbbbbllee and it makes for not the most fun playing experience.

Nobody could be expected to learn this game in 2 days. It's just not that kind of game. If you want to try to get better, watch videos/livestreams (Phreak's spotlights are decent and he always talks about more than just "I used this skill to kill that guy", and read guides for whoever you're playing. Also try new champions, even if just in a practice game. Knowing how the other champions work and what skills they have to kill you with helps a TON when you face them.

cwapfobrains on
    camo_sig.png
    LoL Summoner: infobrains | XBL: cwap4brains | PSN: infobrains
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Beck wrote: »
    dudes they nerfed ezreal

why

why are all the boring as shit heroes the best. I'm tired of sivir/nidalee/ashe

I am so goddamn tired of sivir/nidalee/ashe

i understand sivir and ashe

but nidalee? far from boring

having 6 skills alone makes her not that boring

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    SuperRuperSuperRuper Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Things that make Amumu a sad mummy:

Hiding behind a wall and barely missing a bandage toss to initiate, then having to walk around in order to fight.

Also: Not being picked

SuperRuper on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN: ChemENGR
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Damn, do you people complaining even play Ez? He will still be a wreaking ball of a carry/dps/whatever the hell you want with these changes and will still be able to heal and stuff, just not as much.

his mystic shot was already really good without being 120% of your damage, i feel like this could push AD ez over the edge

sheen would make him stupid, trinity force doubly so (130%ly so?)

not to mention the fact that he must be a first blooding machine now

mystic shot with long sword as your first item takes CHUNKS out of level 1 champions

120% must make it take a chunk and a half

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    nealcm wrote: »

his mystic shot was already really good without being 120% of your damage, i feel like this could push AD ez over the edge

mystic shot with long sword as your first item takes CHUNKS out of level 1 champions

Sheen and Trinity Force both work from base damage, not adjusted damage. Not that the extra boost is bad, it just won't be THAT huge.

Dkarrde on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Dkarrde wrote: »

Sheen and Trinity Force both work from base damage, not adjusted damage. Not that the extra boost is bad, it just won't be THAT huge.

but his mystic shot still works with sheen and triforce, right? even if the math is a bit different than i thought?

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    BeckBeck Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Slicer wrote: »
    Ezreal's passive was untouched.

Which is good because it's fine just the way it is.

His damage wasn't changed that much either, in fact for pushing purposes it's basically the same since I would hope you're not using his ult just for pushing.

Yeah I totally misread what was going on (well, had it relayed to me incorrectly, but that's pretty much the same thing). Note to self: Read the patch notes for yourself before you comment, people in ventrilo are dumb and cannot read.

I guess this mostly changes how he'll push towers with the team. I can see that. I still think the Ult nerf is really, really lame.

I would play Ashe but she's just so goddamn boring.

Beck on
    Lucas's Franklin Badge reflected the lightning back!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    but his mystic shot still works with sheen and triforce, right? even if the math is a bit different than i thought?

I don't remember if they ever changed it, but the way it worked with Gangplank is he casts Parrley -> Sheen procs -> Parrley impacts, taking Sheen's damage bonus and applying it to the shot, so it basically boosts Parrley straight up without needing a melee swing. I expect it would be the same for Ezreal -- you simply get the base damage boost listed applied to Mystic Shot.

There's the cooldown on Sheen, of course, so if it's still cooling it won't apply to your Mystic Shot (if you fired another spell first).

Dkarrde on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    yeah, but then there are cool interactions like phage/frozen mallet and you become the ultimate chaser, with a huge slowing skillshot every 2 or 3 seconds. just stack all sorts of on hit effects on dat mystic shot.

i had a good time when ez first came out and was free doing attack damage, SOTO and triforce etc. i was pretty OP, mystic shotting for 30%+ of the enemy's health while teleporting/ghosted chasing them down across the map

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    CrewMember169CrewMember169 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    My "Choose game mode" screen is empty (ie I can't choose 5vs5 or 3vs3). Anyone else had that problem?

CrewMember169 on
  • Options
    POndashPOndash Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    My "Choose game mode" screen is empty (ie I can't choose 5vs5 or 3vs3). Anyone else had that problem?

They disable matchmaking an hour before maintenance starts (maintenance starts at 4AM EST).

POndash on
    Xbox Live/Steam/PSN/Raptr: POndash

• Options
    hadokenhadoken Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

Hon/dota/lol are the hardest games ive ever played when it comes to learning curve. It takes aaaaaages bro. Just dont worry about, listen to what other people say (take insults as constructive criticisms) and look up guides in the blogosphere.

hadoken on
  • Options
    AydrAydr Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Ez's ult is good. Very good. Not "needs to be knocked down by .3 AP ratio" good. It's not like this is Karthus, it can be dodged (incidentally this puts it at doing only 100 more damage than Karthus' at equal AP levels, which hits everyone everywhere and doesn't lose damage from hitting other targets... true that's kind of karthus' thing but still). And I really don't see why his attack speed buff/debuff needed to be lowered by a full 15%, I thought that was an interesting ability and now it's just such a weak effect that I just don't think I'll even be worrying about it. He's all skillshots already, he should get better abilities to compensate for the fact that he's got to aim everything.

Well, at least now I have a reason to switch it up and give an AD build a shot.

Aydr on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010

DO NOT FRET SIR

PLAY AP CORKI AND DIE EVERY GAME LIKE ME 8D

Look on the bright side; at least you aren't new and using gimmick builds every game like me!

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    NisiNisi Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    The nerf to Ez's ult seems unnecessary to me. The W change however is going to hurt Ez players a lot I think.

Nisi on
  • Options
    SnareSnare Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Argh I get so angry when I watch our tank run the WHOLE of mid lane, chasing an ashe just because she has low life, and the twitch who stays stealthed the whole game, not to gank, just to watch what's going on. FFS.

Snare on
  • Options
    Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    I hate when the servers are down for my entire afternoon.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Olaf is 3150 IP, and the usual overpriced mess for RP purchases.

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    Butterfly BoyButterfly Boy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I will probably still buy him.
    for the love of god somebody do an intervention or something

Butterfly Boy on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I'm thinking about making my own, better, Champion Spotlight for Garen.

HMMMM.

Melkster on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Haha.

So I open up Yahoo and read the first news title:

Fickle oil slick scatters its threats across Gulf

Except I read it:

Fiddle sticks scatters its threats across Gulf.

Melkster on
  • Options
    Evil WeevilEvil Weevil Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Melkster wrote: »
    Haha.

So I open up Yahoo and read the first news title:

Fickle oil slick scatters its threats across Gulf

Except I read it:

Fiddle sticks scatters its threats across Gulf.

"I'll show you true terror!"

Evil Weevil on
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    sounds dirty when you say it like that.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Okay so someone explain to me how to go about playing a melee. Playing a ranged character feels intuitive: stand far back, hit shit, and anytime shit comes within 2 feet, RUN.

But that doesn't work for a melee character. I don't know which items to go for (like how much lifesteal emphasis), nor do I know when is a good time to attack creeps, or when to attack champs, or when/how to run away from champs if I'm likely using my CC ability just to get within range of hitting them.

Cognisseur on
  • Options
    NisiNisi Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    One thing that is important with most melee champions, especially against aggressive/ranged opponents, stay back from the minions as much as you can, moving forward or using skills to finish low health minions, moving into range only when necessary.

Nisi on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Ooh, new free champs. I'm going to try Tristana. She better kick ass.

Cognisseur on
  • Options
    EndomaticEndomatic Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

It will probably take 100 or so games played before you really start to get the hang of everything and start participating in the meta game aspect of it.

Try and be patient with it.

Endomatic on
  • Options
    Evil WeevilEvil Weevil Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

Who're the free champs this week?

Evil Weevil on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

she's the god damn best, maggot

tyrannus on