As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MOBA DOBA] League of Yordles! Come play, it's FREE!

• Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    this isn't a game for modding

considering the server system and everything

if you are looking for a moddable game, sc2 comes out soon

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    MattakuevanMattakuevan Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    New Kayle is super awesome. I just went with her recommended items and got 7/3/12 my first game today.

I kept having to bail Kennen out of various shenanigans but it was fun.

Just do any build that somehow involved Rageblade and Nashors and watch people fall.

Mattakuevan on
  • Options
    Erin6641Erin6641 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Back to ashe!

If you look at the stats on lolbase.net

-Ashe is the most played character
    -Ashe is #10 For W/L ratio
    -Ashe is #11 For Assists
    -Ashe is not even in the top 20 for K/D Ratio
    -Ashe is not even in the top 20 for Overall Kills

Now, this could be because so many people play her, she is often played badly, but I dont think that would skew the results this much.

As Dave said, most other good carries have an escape mechanisms and abilities that massively add to their damage. Ashe has neither. And going to what Nisi is saying, if the other team is good, the Ashe should never be alive. Cleanse Flash is simply not enough to save her from any good players.

Dave and Nisi are pretty dead on in their analysis.

Erin6641 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Snorrrrrrrrre

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    New Kayle is super awesome. I just went with her recommended items and got 7/3/12 my first game today.

I kept having to bail Kennen out of various shenanigans but it was fun.

Just do any build that somehow involved Rageblade and Nashors and watch people fall.

And the Gunblade

Double Reckoning!

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    Butterfly BoyButterfly Boy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Tristana is the best ranged carry.
    fuck that corki guy hes a douche

Butterfly Boy on
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    TyrantCow wrote: »
    rayofash wrote: »
    Could somebody fix up the OP? Maybe add a link to the main website in there and a few screenshots, maybe even a video of gameplay.

Edit: Is this game as moddable as WC3 is or are we stuck with whatever they give us?

of screenshots:
    1) I don't think a zoomed out pic looks good static
    B) The zoomed in screenshots to not actually give an adequate impression on what the game is about

video may not be a bad idea

if i linked the main page, then who would use my referral code?
    (also, thought it was linked in the title image)

5th) how dare you disparage the yordle

and, i see absolutely no modding in the future. they got their plate full with making the game as is work.

we should've taken video of that all-healers game

god that push down mid at level 12

was so weenie

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Now why is Tristana a yordle but Annie isn't, in her respective wallpaper.

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    she is a different subspecies of yordle

like how tristana is a megling and teemo is just a normal yordle

Butterfly Boy on
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    she is a different subspecies of yordle

like how tristana is a megling and teemo is just a normal yordle

Like that one MMO where the males were talking raccoons and the females were lolis .

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Erin6641 wrote: »
    Back to ashe!

-Ashe is #11 For Assists

Now, this could be because so many people play her, she is often played badly, but I dont think that would skew the results this much.

As Dave said, most other good carries have an escape mechanisms and abilities that massively add to their damage. Ashe has neither. And going to what Nisi is saying, if the other team is good, the Ashe should never be alive. Cleanse Flash is simply not enough to save her from any good players.

Dave and Nisi are pretty dead on in their analysis.

Being most played and tied for the cheapest definitely would have a negative effect on K/D. I'd actually agree she isn't the best carry in terms of damage at all, but her ult is just magnificent. Global ults are disproportionately good, and a full length stun that doesn't get merc treaded / cleansed is enough time for the side lane people to take someone from 100 to 0.

Her hawk shot is going to be amazing, because depending on the specifics, it could counter junglers hard.

programjunkie on
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Olaf is fucking ridic, holy shit. 340 true damage on a 4 second cooldown = lulz

Zek on
  • Options
    GalielmusGalielmus Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So, our intrepid Shaco (with the new Mad Hatter skin, no less) dies to the lizard trying to get the buff. He then becomes my laning partner and proceeds to hug the tower, occasionally dropping a jester box in front of it.

Our mid, Malzahar, gets killed at level 8 and leaves the game.

Just another day in the League of mother-goosing Legends.

8-)

Galielmus on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Go on vent and play with the other 36 people I see on my friends list you fucking baby

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Galielmus wrote: »
    Just another day in the League of mother-goosing Legends.

8-)

i lol'd

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    CognisseurCognisseur Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Okay, so I love Tristana late game. And even midgame. Pretty much any-game after I get my BF sword. But until then, it's not so fun and easy. How can I fix this? I'm trying to get lots of last hits but like, last game, I was alone in mid and the guy with the turrets was against me. So he'd just set up turrets right in front of my tower so that my creeps died to his turrets and a second later his creeps showed up. So I was stuck competing with my own tower all match, and I couldn't score many kills against it, despite folks in Vent saying it's so easy :P

Cognisseur on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Go on vent and play with the other 36 people I see on my friends list you fucking baby

This needs to be quoted everytime someone complains about their pug teammates. The number of players playing nowadays has grown hugely. You'd have to be playing at 9am Britisher time to not find someone, and even then you'll probably find some 'mericans staying up until 3am to play with. Then we can complain about our terrible PA teammates.

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Cognisseur wrote: »
    Okay, so I love Tristana late game. And even midgame. Pretty much any-game after I get my BF sword. But until then, it's not so fun and easy. How can I fix this? I'm trying to get lots of last hits but like, last game, I was alone in mid and the guy with the turrets was against me. So he'd just set up turrets right in front of my tower so that my creeps died to his turrets and a second later his creeps showed up. So I was stuck competing with my own tower all match, and I couldn't score many kills against it, despite folks in Vent saying it's so easy :P

Rushing BF sword is sooooo old school. Now Youmuu's Ghostblade, that is one classy item. 8-) I recommend it to all Ashe or Tristana users.

Peas on
  • Options
    GalielmusGalielmus Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Reckon I'll have to get on with you guys sometimes soon. But the pug thing really is a love-hate relationship, I just find it hilarious sometimes.

Galielmus on
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Cognisseur wrote: »

The tower does about 45% damage to a melee creep and maybe 70% to a ranged creep. You have to have a good understanding of that damage along with your own damage, and time it so that the tower will leave the creep near death so you can finish it off in one hit. For example sometimes a melee creep has just over half health, so you have to hit it one time, let the tower hit it once, and then finish it off. You also have to take into account the damage of your own creeps. Don't try to kill a creep from full to empty, odds are the tower will switch to it and take the kill from you.

Zek on
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Heh, 11-2-6 in a losing effort because our jax left at lvl 4.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    okay for kennen

doran's shield + hp pot
    boots
    start building gunblade

works amazingly well

i lurve it

undeinPirat on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Olaf is good

nisi is horribly inept with Olaf though

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Back to ashe!

-Ashe is #11 For Assists

Wow, really. Your flawed argument is bugging me a lot.

1) You assume that this is lolbase is an accurate source of information. Which it might or might not be, I'll play along with you on this one.

2) Ashe is #10 for W/L ratio. Actually, #11. You forget to mention that out the 10 champions ahead of her, only 2 are physical carries (Shaco and Warwick) and there are no ranged carries to be found unless you count Janna, Soraka or Heimerdinger. Making her the 3rd best carry to pick to win a game.

3) Ashe is #11 for assists. Again, Ashe is top carry in this respect.

4) Ashe is not even top 20 for K/D ratio. Because K/D ratio is a measure of a good carry champion, rite?

5) Ashe is not even top 20 for Overall Kills. Again, there are some characters that get kills easier than others. Clearly this shows that she isn't that good in this respect. Yeah Ashe sucks because she can't get kills and only a ton of assists and if she can't get kills she can't win games rite? Oh wait...
    As Dave said, most other good carries have an escape mechanisms and abilities that massively add to their damage. Ashe has neither.

How about your god arrow and slow? Do you remember when ECA stunned for 5 seconds and Ashe was in every game? Even now, a 3.5s stun equates to a whole bunch of damage that you can do to your opponent while your target is stunned. That is the massive damage. Kiting with slow is massive damage.

Forget that, lets look at a similar ranged carry that has both an escape mechanism and abilities that massively add to their damage: Tristana

-Tristana is the #23 most played character
    -Tristana is #51 For W/L ratio
    -Tristana is #50 For Assists
    -Tristana is not even in the top 20 for K/D Ratio
    -Tristana is not even in the top 20 for Overall Kills

Apparently TF doesn't do any better either.
    As for damage, she cant compare to Kat, Akali, Trist, Ezreal, TF, Jax, Sion...

Ashe is #6 on average overall damage dealt, and none of the champions you listed are top 5. Top 5 in order are: Heimerdinger, Sivir, Mordekaizer, Karthus, Master Yi. 4 have more than 1 AoE ability.

Ashe is not the best carry? Fine. She is not bad and is actually pretty goddamn good. Please stop twisting numbers to fit your arguments. Also, stop trolling me =[

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Yi is the best carry

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Carryi

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    carryen

with kennen

undeinPirat on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Cahr-Yi

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm pretty sure Gragas is the best carry. I have data to back this up.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Your data is flawed and you are a flawed person.

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    lane hyper aggression 2010 2: electric boogaloo and stuns

never forget

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So, new Kayle is badass. Drek just went 8/1/6 with her, and carried our team.

programjunkie on
  • Options
    NisiNisi Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Oblig
    duty_calls.png

Nisi on
  • Options
    MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    My desk looks exactly like that.

Just add a guitar sitting next to my computer and it's pretty much my living room.

Melkster on
  • Options
    Erin6641Erin6641 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    2) Ashe is #10 for W/L ratio. Actually, #11. You forget to mention that out the 10 champions ahead of her, only 2 are physical carries (Shaco and Warwick) and there are no ranged carries to be found unless you count Janna, Soraka or Heimerdinger. Making her the 3rd best carry to pick to win a game.

4) Ashe is not even top 20 for K/D ratio. Because K/D ratio is a measure of a good carry champion, rite?

5) Ashe is not even top 20 for Overall Kills. Again, there are some characters that get kills easier than others. Clearly this shows that she isn't that good in this respect. Yeah Ashe sucks because she can't get kills and only a ton of assists and if she can't get kills she can't win games rite? Oh wait...

This is the entire crux of my point. A carry hero is one that does get kills, that gets fed by others until they are so big and beefy that noone can stand up to them. Think morphling and viper in dota. Where at the end of a decent game, if the support carry does their job right, they will be so powerful, they can solo the other team. A carry is not a person that gets assists, a carry is not a person that has alot of deaths. The support carry and support should do their job to keep these people alive and get them in position to wreck the other team. Ashe is simply not a carry, at all, period. On our team, that is annie, and she does it incredably well. Furthermore our team comp is doing incredably well.

And for a million reasons, her slow is the worst escape mechanism in the game, it will not help you aginst more than 1 hero, and if they have any form of stun, slow, its negated, and point blank arrow lasts about 1 second. Valkeryie, Rocketjump, TF's stun, Jax's leap and dodge shield, yi's highlander, all help avoid multiple disables and can get you out of a 2 v 1 situation. Very rarely are two persurers stupid enough to get hit by the same volley and come from the same angle on ashe with no disables.

You yourself arent even debating the same arugment, noone is saying ashe isnt good as a support, that her arrow and slow arent benefical. What I am saying, and nisi, and dave, is that her damage output, due to the fact that its a) single target b) not enhanced by her abilities, and c) packed on a very veunerable character, make her not a solid carry. When you want to put a carry on a team, its not ashe, its someoen that actually gets a ton of kills and can most likely do aoe damage, and has alot of survivability. Ashe wins games, but that doesnt make her a carry and shes certainly not OP carry like everyone claims.
    Ashe is not the best carry? Fine. She is not bad and is actually pretty goddamn good. Please stop twisting numbers to fit your arguments. Also, stop trolling me =

The ironic thing is, im not twisting any numbers at all, they state exactly what I am sayiyng, she is not a top tier carry. Period. You are twisting my words into saying that shes a bad hero in general. I never said anything of the sort. If you look back at my posts I never said anything bad about arrow and volley, I know their uses and benefits to a team. If I thought she was bad I wouldnt have 95% of the 500ish games ive played with her. I am quite aware of her capeability to SUPPORT a team. Over 300 in beta and approaching 200 now.

Erin6641 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    way to many god damn words.

Butterfly Boy on
  • Options
    MouschiMouschi Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    guys

can we all agree

that ashe is better than evelynn, as a carry

as a tank, though, ashe is worse than evelynn. I have data to back this up.

Mouschi on
    1848717-1.png
    Gamertag: Cunning Hekate // League of Legends: FeroxPA
  • Options
    4rch3nemy4rch3nemy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Sounds like you're nitpicking over his use of the word "carry" rather than her ability to do so. The line begins to blur when you use the label "support carry" and also mention a DotA champion rather than a champion that can actually solo the other team in League of Legends. There are no champions, by my knowledge, in a balanced match that can do so.

I've once soloed the enemy team as a fed Malphite in very low elo games... but I digress..

Pick Ashe if you need ranged physical DPS.
    Pick Ashe if you want support.
    Pick Ashe if you want a global stun, a dependable slow, and oodles of gank opportunities.

All of these things are true. All of these things are things she can do well even if she is item dependent and even if she isn't absolutely the top tier damage dealer or top tier escape artist.

4rch3nemy on
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

This is the entire crux of my point. A carry hero is one that does get kills, that gets fed by others until they are so big and beefy that noone can stand up to them. Think morphling and viper in dota. Where at the end of a decent game, if the support carry does their job right, they will be so powerful, they can solo the other team. A carry is not a person that gets assists, a carry is not a person that has alot of deaths. The support carry and support should do their job to keep these people alive and get them in position to wreck the other team. Ashe is simply not a carry, at all, period. On our team, that is annie, and she does it incredably well. Furthermore our team comp is doing incredably well.

And for a million reasons, her slow is the worst escape mechanism in the game, it will not help you aginst more than 1 hero, and if they have any form of stun, slow, its negated, and point blank arrow lasts about 1 second. Valkeryie, Rocketjump, TF's stun, Jax's leap and dodge shield, yi's highlander, all help avoid multiple disables and can get you out of a 2 v 1 situation. Very rarely are two persurers stupid enough to get hit by the same volley and come from the same angle on ashe with no disables.

You yourself arent even debating the same arugment, noone is saying ashe isnt good as a support, that her arrow and slow arent benefical. What I am saying, and nisi, and dave, is that her damage output, due to the fact that its a) single target b) not enhanced by her abilities, and c) packed on a very veunerable character, make her not a solid carry. When you want to put a carry on a team, its not ashe, its someoen that actually gets a ton of kills and can most likely do aoe damage, and has alot of survivability. Ashe wins games, but that doesnt make her a carry and shes certainly not OP carry like everyone claims.
    Ashe is not the best carry? Fine. She is not bad and is actually pretty goddamn good. Please stop twisting numbers to fit your arguments. Also, stop trolling me =

The ironic thing is, im not twisting any numbers at all, they state exactly what I am sayiyng, she is not a top tier carry. Period. You are twisting my words into saying that shes a bad hero in general. I never said anything of the sort. If you look back at my posts I never said anything bad about arrow and volley, I know their uses and benefits to a team. If I thought she was bad I wouldnt have 95% of the 500ish games ive played with her. I am quite aware of her capeability to SUPPORT a team. Over 300 in beta and approaching 200 now.

Not trying to be a silly goose but Ashe can be a carry or support depending on your play style. Also I think FightTest played like a few thousand games from beta til now.

Peas on