As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Close Encounters with the Death Kind

12345679»

• Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    AMP'd wrote: »
    Am I winning yet?

lmao you think this

Sorry mate! :)

George Fornby Grill on
  • Options
    AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    im gay+instituting homofascist sharia

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    AMP'd wrote: »
    im gay+instituting homofascist sharia

u mad

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    very

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    everyone here is doing a Bad Thing and really needs to stop it thanks :)

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    George Fornby Grill on
  • Options
    FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

reminder that you are three double whoppers and a week of not shaving from this being you lmao

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    the faynor side

we aren't very good with names, sorry

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    *makes a post*

*hth*

*is literally teefs*

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    shorttiminshorttimin regular Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I've done a few mediterannean deployments in the military. I had a few close calls on my first deployment. I worked on helicopters, and I was night crew while crossing the Atlantic. The reason night crew is scary when working on the flight deck, is if you fall off the ship, you die. The odds of someone noticing you fall, finding someone to tell in time to actually turn the ship around (which can take about 30 minutes), and you staying conscious and turning on your strobe light after you hit the water three stories down are not very good.

First time, someone decided not to tie down a spare CH-53 rotor blade correctly. It was sitting on the empty spot in the back of the flight deck and I was bringing a tool box up to work on one of my helicopters. A CH-53 is coming in for a night landing, completely dark. I stop and set the tool box down because the rotor wash from one of the things will roll you right off the flight deck if you're not prepared. I'm looking away because I got pelted in the face by a little piece of something and hear the guy next to me yell. I turn around and the container that is holding the spare rotor blade is hovering at head height about 10 feet away from me. It is this point that it decides it no longer wants to be on the boat with the rest of us and flies towards my face. I have just enought time to drop and hope it doesn't knock me off the boat. I laid there until the other guy came and got me.

The second time I actually trusted the railing that went along the walkway outside the skin of the ship. Of course I had the good luck to rest my weight on the one bar that had rusted through, and I nearly fell over. I wasn't even wearing the float coat we're supposed to wear on the flight deck. I walked all the way back to my shop hugging the wall.

An example of why I was scared about falling off the ship. We would have man overboard drills during the day (of course) while I was sleeping. However, at night, when someone noticed a chem light floating in the water, what did we do? Call a man overboard? Nope! They didn't want to wake up the captain! So they just called the various shops that were working nights and asked if anyone was missing. Really inspired confidence in us.

shorttimin on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Really? She's gone? Without so much as a

L
    A
    T
    E
    R
    S

? That's wierd.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Campion wrote: »
    I was born with an umbilical cord wrapped around my neck, so I came out blue faced. Now I'm king of the Necromongers!

Green on
  • Options
    TethTeth __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Teth wrote: »
    Oh drowning. I was caught in an undertow as a child - forgot about that. Absolutely horrifying. I survived because a surfer plucked me out of the water. I've been an avid surfer ever since. And the vision of that glistening Puerto Rican woman in a white swim suit has pretty much ruined me for all non-Puerto Rican women.

Oh yeah right I've been caught in undertow twice

The second time the lifeguards thought I was a lost cause so my mom rescued me

Teth, please explain that story with greater detail and adjectives so we can report it for awesome. Because I think the forums are so jaded that a glistening Puerto Rican surfer woman in a white swim suit plucking you from death does not inspire awesome, it should, but it doesn't.

Unfortunately, I can't elaborate much. I just remember the taste of warm salt water, an inability to swim in what seemed like any direction, absolute panic, and then the next thing I remember is I'm holding on to the tip of a surfboard with some beautiful brown woman that smelled like suntan lotion and surfwax. She asked me if I knew how to swim in a very strong Latin accent, I remember that, before she let me go and went back about her business (of being hot and surfing).

Teth on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Oh drowning. I was caught in an undertow as a child - forgot about that. Absolutely horrifying. I survived because a surfer plucked me out of the water. I've been an avid surfer ever since. And the vision of that glistening Puerto Rican woman in a white swim suit has pretty much ruined me for all non-Puerto Rican women.

Oh yeah right I've been caught in undertow twice

The second time the lifeguards thought I was a lost cause so my mom rescued me

Teth, please explain that story with greater detail and adjectives so we can report it for awesome. Because I think the forums are so jaded that a glistening Puerto Rican surfer woman in a white swim suit plucking you from death does not inspire awesome, it should, but it doesn't.

Unfortunately, I can't elaborate much. I just remember the taste of warm salt water, an inability to swim in what seemed like any direction, absolute panic, and then the next thing I remember is I'm holding on to the tip of a surfboard with some beautiful brown woman that smelled like suntan lotion and surfwax. She asked me if I knew how to swim in a very strong Latin accent, I remember that, before she let me go and went back about her business (of being hot and surfing).
    how old was she, and, did you bang her

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    CogliostroCogliostro Marginal Opinions Spring, TXRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    one time when I was six, I got bacterial meningitis and was sick for like, a month and a half and almost died

Jesus D: That sucks dude.

While responding to a domestic violence victim we were told he had left the scene and were cleared in. While we were there treating the patient he came back with a rather large knife and told us that if we didn't leave he'd kill us both.

Needless to say we picked up our shit, apologized to the lady and left the scene. We called police in after we got to our truck (we parked a block down the road to wait) and they tazered the shit out of him.

Cogliostro on