Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

DON'T BE A DICK UPDATE: PLEASE READ

2»

• RendRend Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    That would be the case except that people mock and ridicule the reporter if they dislike the post.

Like, mercilessly.

Do you even spend time in this forum? I see you around, brah. You gotta know. It's right there.

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    i don't see why anybody would post "this isn't awesome" in a thread here.

the best way to get rid of the post and not waste anybody's time is to give it a low rating and not post in it so that it drops off the front page.

Inquisitor wrote: »
    I fucking hate you Canadians.
  • PataPata Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    well the problem is that everything only gets a positive vote. I still contend that the scale should extend to negative stars, and if the average for a post you've reported drops below zero, then your account is banned until the average goes back up above zero. Its not perfect, but the entire problem is that the quality of posts here have gotten steadly worse since the mods have started cracking down on people who flame for shitty or stupid posts.

This idea is terrible in so many ways.

Not the least would be the extreme ease at which it could be exploited.

Also it would make it so that nobody would ever want to report a post for awesome for fear of getting banned.

Spoiler:
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

the best way to get rid of the post and not waste anybody's time is to give it a low rating and not post in it so that it drops off the front page.

But then people wouldn't get to see the rapier wit of the awesome post forum. Like:

"You should lose your report options"

Or

"God *blank* forum shouldn't be allowed to post for awesome."

Truely this new rule destroys the creative outlet of this generations hemmingways in training.

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

I don't think posts are sorted by the last post in awesome posts

I think posts are sorted when they were first posted

edit: I have confirmed this by clicking on the awesome posts forum link that the bottom of the page here

Per3th.jpg
  • RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Rend wrote: »
    That would be the case except that people mock and ridicule the reporter if they dislike the post.

Like, mercilessly.

Do you even spend time in this forum? I see you around, brah. You gotta know. It's right there.

Maybe it's just because I'm an awesome reporter 8-)

But seriously knowing I'm going to get mocked if I report something not awesome has kept my average on reporting high. I mean this two-star report I just got is my first in a while. A long while

Edit: And even if I mess up, I learn from it and go on. My main issue is the subforum rivalry bullshit and the lack of intelligence in criticism, but not criticism in general, which is the issue here

• TubeTube Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited June 2010
    Henroid wrote: »
    jeepguy wrote: »
    This critics circle nonsense is not what the forum is meant for. The rating system is there to help forumers sort quickly through these posts and more readily find things that will amuse them. And that's really it.

So then shut off the ability to reply to any threads here.

Henroid I would like to go for 24 hours this week without you being a bitch about something. I think you can do it. You're a trooper. You have hidden reserves.

To the guy who suggested that we ban people for reporting posts that aren't deemed awesome enough by The Hive; you are hereby banned from making suggestions ever again.

To everyone else; Will is right, Will is just, Will is doing exactly what I would most like Will to be doing at this time. Since I'm the only person who is in a position to reverse this rule and I wholeheartedly agree with it, I suggest you all go and find a less futile way of spending your time.

If you'd like an anime thread, please PM me to discuss it. Include pics/video of your favorites.
2»
This discussion has been closed.