As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Adventure [Chat]

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Galahad wrote: »
    Space Raptor was having a terrible day. Having put itself its physical shell in to hibernation so that its mind could explore higher dimensions, it suddenly woke to discover itself infested with a tiny filthy race of primitive beings calling themselves KAALDARITH.

The name had to be shouted apparently. Everything they said had to be shouted. His biometallic arteries echoed with their shouts. Space Raptor was getting a headache.

The little idiots had caused him to crash in to a planet. They'd pulled apart his nervous system, hacked his ganglia, he was trapped, helpless in his own body.

And now warning bells were screaming at him, some sort of flood of radiation. If only he could get his external sensors back on line.

At least they seemed to be killing each other off now. Maybe the problem would sort itself out if he was just patient for a few short decades. In the meantime, he would see if he couldn't get the gene-factories back on line. A well designed virus or two, and Space Raptor would have silence again, and time to repair its physical shell.

THIS. IS. GRIMFAR.

This document will be what my entire GRIMFAR universe is based upon! Fabulous!

Sarksus on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Sheep wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »
    Man. Not Jason Lee too.

Him and his fat stupid side kick.

No you are thinking of Jason Mewes. Jason Lee played the sarcastic friend sleeping with women he'd never get in a kind fair universe.

Nope. He has a fat sidekick too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethan_Suplee

Sheep on
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Oh wait, wait.
    Elldren wrote: »
    One would hope a science fiction religion would at least be based on better science fiction :(

There is, it's called Singularitarianism.

Oh snaaap.

Oh yeah! That's a good one :D

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Sheep wrote: »
    To be honest, I don't think he really believes that. Or much of it.

It's pretty much "Join and promote our cult and we'll finance everything and make you fucking rich."

Right sure sheep, and I like to believe in genies too.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I want to start a religion which worships horned animals and how their fecal matter is what energises the planet through the circle of life. And call it "Bullshit".

Johannen on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Pilot Inspektor Passer. He named one of his Children PILOT INSPEKTOR! THIS IS NOT A JOKE THAT IS A REAL CHILDS NAME!

Think really hard on this.

Think about who you're talking to.

You're not going to find me agreeing with you on this any time soon.

:o Are you Moon Unit?

Actually she's Ahmet.

Sheep on
    edited June 2010
    Johannen wrote: »
    I want to start a religion which worships horned animals and how their fecal matter is what energises the planet through the circle of life. And call it "Bullshit".

Ok Mr. Gillette calm down think of your blood pressure.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Elendil wrote: »
    Than you up for borderlands anytime soon
    Maybe this weekend. Gonna try to stay in, spent way too much money last weekend.

Thanatos on
    edited June 2010
    The guards series are pretty much the greatest books ever written.

Night Watch, Guards! Guards!, Going Postal, Equal Rites, and Monstrous Regiment are my top favorites. I rather like Lords and Ladies and Thief of Time as well.

Never read Equal Rites, Lords and Ladies, or Monstrous Regiment, the other four are incredible though, as is Making Money and The Truth. Vetinari taking nobby and colon off in Jingo is pretty great, and Thud! and the Fifth Elephant have some of the most epic endings of any book ever.
    Reading to his son whlst in a cave and Firework fetch ftw

He does not make Carrot epic enough any more though, he's made him kind of weaker through each book, which I dislike as I always thought he was the superhuman hero parody.

How [strike]have I[/strike] has the good captain deteriorated? If anything, he's grown wiser in the ways of Ankh-Morpork.

I love the way he has been made more intricate and intelligent definitely, the really subtle hints of how he seems to be playing everyone else as idiots with a great act covering his real strength really makes him an interesting character. But having
    Anguas brother whoop him so easily was just a little annoying, seeing as he once kicked the crap out a of a whole bar and knocked a troll out with one punch, and it was even made out in the books as though someone like Detritus could take a werewolf. I know he lost a little because he was following those stupid Lawrence de Fantallier rules of fair fighting, but I just thought he could have put up a better fight judging by his past experiences of fighting.
    Interesting point, but
    Carrot is very smart and very strong. Up until now, it's been rare that he's run into anyone with either characteristic, let alone both. Wolf took him because he knew how to handle Carrot better than Carrot knew how to handle him.

I don't know, it felt like
    they just made wolf and werewolves out to be ridicu-strong, even though Vimes was bashing their heads in with sticks and his boot out in the wild, Carrot got his ass handed to him a litle too easily for my taste
    It's just the general feel I got from it, and the fact that he is being sidelined more and more now just makes me sad to see this happen to such a fantastic character.

Johannen on
  • poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Weird names are fine. You lot are weirdly conservative about some things.

Ugly names are less good, and Pilot Inspektor is pretty ugly, I'd say.

Weird names are memorable. If your name is Steve or Dave or Sarah or Emma I have a hard time remembering who you are.

poshniallo on
    I figure I could take a bear.
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Pilot Inspektor Passer. He named one of his Children PILOT INSPEKTOR! THIS IS NOT A JOKE THAT IS A REAL CHILDS NAME!

Think really hard on this.

Think about who you're talking to.

You're not going to find me agreeing with you on this any time soon.

You have a name! Your name does not become a joke when combined with your last name!

My name is completely made up.

Ishboo. Isla Bonita. Yashla. Yishla. Yizzla. I could go on. They couldn't even make rhymes to mock me in elementary school.

I had a substitute teacher who wouldn't believe me when I told her my name really was Yhsla. She thought it was a typo and insistent on calling me Ashly, then sent me to the principal's office when I wouldn't respond to Ashly.

At least Pilot is reasonable for a boy's name. Unusual, but at least it's a real word, even with the Inspektor surname it's not that unusual. :P

Passerbye on
    edited June 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Sarks, I am willing to guide you through dwarf fortress.

Come- take my hand.
    Sarks, why don't you have a seat over here.

Thanatos on
    edited June 2010

FIVE BLADES BITCHES!

Johannen on
    edited June 2010
    poshniallo wrote: »

Weird names are memorable. If your name is Steve or Dave or Sarah or Emma I have a hard time remembering who you are.

Hey!

Emma is a nice name! :x

Besides you named your daughter after soda

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    Personally I feel that naming kids stuff like Pilot Inspektor is malicious behaviour that I'm really happy is not allowed here.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    If I were a band and discovered someone had named their kid something stupid because of my lyrics I would personally send a letter of apology to the affected child when they're old enough to realize how awful it is

Elendil on
    edited June 2010

FIVE BLADES BITCHES!

They have those now, I mean when I got out of the razor game I had a mach 3. Eventually it will be like 20 blades.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

Hey!

Mr. Pibb?

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
    edited June 2010
    I'm sorry Passer :(

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited June 2010
    Personally I feel that naming kids stuff like Pilot Inspektor is malicious behaviour that I'm really happy is not allowed here.

Alright Fjordi Jordi Bjordi Fjordi Jordi.

Johannen on
    edited June 2010

Hey!

Emma is a nice name. Nice and dull.

I'm not 'murican. I'm not sure I've ever drunk Mountain Dew. I saw some once, it looked like it was for cleaning drains.

My daughter is named after the real and proper Dew.
    Whiskey. Tullamore Dew.

poshniallo on
    edited June 2010

FIVE BLADES BITCHES!

They have those now, I mean when I got out of the razor game I had a mach 3. Eventually it will be like 20 blades.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/fuck-everything-were-doing-five-blades,11056/

Johannen on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010

The whole name-regulation nonsense is, well, nonsense, IMO.

Passerbye on
    edited June 2010

Bork Borkssonborkmanstein.

Honk on
    edited June 2010
    Nicknames are fair game, they can be anything. A proper cognomen can be whatever.

But given names should be real names damnit. All of them.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Maybe this weekend. Gonna try to stay in, spent way too much money last weekend.
    ah okay

I started playthrough 2 with my hunter to see how it is at this level

I'm progressing briskly and while the enemy experience is predictably terrible the quest rewards are not insubstantial, which is better than I expected

Elendil on
    edited June 2010
    Oh my gaga you named your kid after Mountain Dew.

What the fuck is wrong with you?
    I'm kidding.

Kagera on
    edited June 2010

We have different opinions but can still be the best of internet friends. :D

Honk on
    edited June 2010
    I'm sorry Passer :(

It actually doesn't bother me now. I wouldn't be who I am if I hadn't learned to deal with idiots early on.

Passerbye on
    edited June 2010
    Thanatos wrote: »
    ah okay

I started playthrough 2 with my hunter to see how it is at this level

I'm progressing briskly and while the enemy experience is predictably terrible the quest rewards are not insubstantial, which is better than I expected
    I was going to suggest we do it multiplayer, and until we run into something that presents a challenge, split up and run two missions at a time.

Thanatos on
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

If I ever have kids, they are getting serial number names.

Cinders on
    edited June 2010
    Nicknames are fair game, they can be anything. A proper cognomen can be whatever.

But given names should be real names damnit. All of them.

But then how would names ever be created if they had been regulated to 'real names'?

We'd be stuck with Ugg and Grog.

Kagera on
    edited June 2010
    Cinders wrote: »

Well good thing that will never happen.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

Bork Borkssonborkmanstein.

swedish_chef.png

Lawndart on
    edited June 2010

I have a serial number, but they're complimentary to names and not replacements.

Honk on
    edited June 2010

We have different opinions but can still be the best of internet friends. :D

As long as you never have children I'm ok with this. :^:

Passerbye on
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    For some reason that moose puppet is really freaking me out.

Silas Brown on
    edited June 2010
    My kid's half-Japanese, half-Irish, half-English.

Her name and the maths are going to confuse someone regardless.

poshniallo on
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

Well good thing that will never happen.

That's what clones are for.

Cinders on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    You can only pick from the list of the most popular names when naming your child.

Sarksus on
This discussion has been closed.