As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Street Fighter: Demon Armageddon, coolest ultra.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, those vids were pretty crazy just like MvC2. Deadpool was awesome!

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Nick TNick T Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I can ranbat tonight chaos. woo.

Nick T on
    PSN: ConvicNic
  • StokedUpStokedUp Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Ill probly be up for ranbats hat.

Oh and that mvc3 footy/? niiice

StokedUp on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gamertag(SSF4/MW2)StokedAidzzzSC2 ID Stoked.655
    Uploaded SC2 Replays
  • CaenemCaenem Sarasota, FLRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    MvC3 looks pretty, but I dunno how the hell anyone can follow wtf is going on. Shit is so fast I'd be more jumping and flailing around then being able to time anything.

Caenem on
    But you, pig, are a lucky one. Tell us what we wish to know, and you may yet keep your bacon.
    Nemlock for online gaming
  • FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Caenem wrote: »
    MvC3 looks pretty, but I dunno how the hell anyone can follow wtf is going on. Shit is so fast I'd be more jumping and flailing around then being able to time anything.

That's pretty much what MvC2 is.

FuriousJodo on
    FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    It's not that hard to follow.

Then again I'm pretty used to crazy shit in fighting games.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • BarrabasBarrabas Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Just joined an 8 person tournament lobby because I totally forgot that I was going to have to watch every match.

Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
    edited June 2010
    Is there any point to this tournament thing?

Antihippy on
  • BarrabasBarrabas Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    not really

Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Oh god Gief's new costume is pure awesome.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    mvc3 looks fucking hilarious.

Evil Multifarious on
  • CaenemCaenem Sarasota, FLRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I haven't had a chance to play the tournament mode, but there is supreme sadness growing in my heart when I read what you guys are saying
    If this is so bad why didn't they leave the vanilla tournament mode in? At least that had a point. :(

Caenem on
    But you, pig, are a lucky one. Tell us what we wish to know, and you may yet keep your bacon.
    Nemlock for online gaming
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm assuming they didn't want everyone to abandon ranked again, since they were so similar and tournament mode was better.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Why couldn't they just copy HD Remix's tournament mode?! Or Vanilla SFIV? There's almost more waiting involved than an 8-player Endless room. :(

wonderpug on
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Tournament mode is fucking atrocious

Is anybody else noticing ridiculous amounts of dropped inputs or just plain wrong moves coming out?

Fucking unacceptable

joshofalltrades on
    edited June 2010
    wonderpug wrote: »
    Why couldn't they just copy HD Remix's tournament mode?! Or Vanilla SFIV? There's almost more waiting involved than an 8-player Endless room. :(

HD remix tournament mode was pretty bad, though that may have just been because it wasn't possible to connect to half the players online.

TheStig on
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    There's not that much waiting involved. It's only single-elimination. And it helps to see what the other players are like to know what you're up against next should you win.

SabreMau on
  • aBlankaBlank Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I dunno, seems to fail in the same way as team battle does (with strangers)... who wants to play/watch randoms, especially when they're probably going to be bad :[

aBlank on
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    tournament mode is exactly what i thought it would be, i dont know what you guys are mad about here

i do like how after the new patch it shows you what people on your friends list are doing in game

Ah_Pook on
    edited June 2010
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    tournament mode is exactly what i thought it would be, i dont know what you guys are mad about here

i do like how after the new patch it shows you what people on your friends list are doing in game

yeah, seeing what people are doing is the best.

TheStig on
    edited June 2010
    It just sounds like endless with more waiting and little control on the settings. And random only.

Pass.

Antihippy on
    edited June 2010
    I'd be happy if they'd at least let the qualifying round be simul-played.

wonderpug on
    edited June 2010

it did that pre-patch.

GG's convic and dino... my 360 randomly decided I have played enough today and disconnected me.

aBlank on
  • Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Matches going on at the same time would mean more and more lag.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    aBlank wrote: »

it did that pre-patch.

not on the ps3, i dont know about your foreign 360 ways though. on the ps3 now it says

Ah_Pook
    Super Street Fighter 4 [Endless Battle]

on the friends list. or whatever else, training mode or what have you. it definitely did not do this before the update.

Ah_Pook on
    edited June 2010
    Page- wrote: »

Are you picturing one 360 running every game? Or someone spectating every game at once? I don't get where the extra lag would come from.

wonderpug on
  • Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    wonderpug wrote: »
    Page- wrote: »

Are you picturing one 360 running every game? Or someone spectating every game at once? I don't get where the extra lag would come from.

It would come from overuse of whatever server mechanism they've got set up. Obviously the online code isn't meant for multiple games in the same instance, and they already have to delay the spectators for the new mode.

This is just conjecture based on experience with other, more transparent online environments, and DOA4.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Here is everyone who is ranbat registered right now. PM me or hop on IRC if you want to join.
    1. ChaosHat
    2. Kinderparty
    3. TheUnsane1
    4. Nick T
    5. StokedUp
    6. DarkMecha
    7. SkutSkut
    8. Chadwalk
    9. Skye
    10. SabreMau

ChaosHat on
  • GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Not that I'm interested in messaging the guy or becoming his friend, but what is Chris Hu's xbox live gamertag?

Grove on
    Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    so am i the only person who can't join a single god damn tournament match?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited June 2010
    GROVE HAS AN ECRUSH ON CHRIS HU LOL

ChaosHat on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    YOU DON'T SCARE I DON'T SCARE

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited June 2010
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    GROVE HAS AN ECRUSH ON CHRIS HU LOL

I wish....I only ask because I think I beat him today with my Vega.

Grove on
    edited June 2010
    Grove and Chris, sitting in a tree, F-A-D-C-I-N-G.

ChaosHat on
  • AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So this new patch....did it mess with the netcode?

Because my first match was kinda...off.

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • solsovlysolsovly Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Aumni wrote: »
    So this new patch....did it mess with the netcode?

Because my first match was kinda...off.

Seems ok to me

solsovly on
  • T-boltT-bolt Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

it did that pre-patch.

not on the ps3, i dont know about your foreign 360 ways though. on the ps3 now it says

Ah_Pook

on the friends list. or whatever else, training mode or what have you. it definitely did not do this before the update.
    OK that's pretty awesome and worth the download, because tournament mode blows and I've never encountered the gameplay issues the patch fixed.

T-bolt on
    edited June 2010
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    Grove and Chris, sitting in a tree, F-A-D-C-I-N-G.

You are now eternal sir, for you are sig'd. Also, what's up you gooseholes, it's been a long time.

Grove on
    edited June 2010
    T-bolt wrote: »

it did that pre-patch.

Ah_Pook

OK that's pretty awesome and worth the download, because tournament mode blows and I've never encountered the gameplay issues the patch fixed.

I lost a match to a mediocre Chun li because Ibuki's back kicks special whiff the 2nd hit on her. She mashed out EX legs as a punish and then ultra'd me for the win.

aBlank on
    edited June 2010
    GROVE DO YOU HAVE THIS GAME FOR YOUR XBOX? YOU COULD RANBAT WITH US THEN.

ChaosHat on