As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Modern Warfare 2: Fuel Spill

1565758596062»

• 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    edit: nevermind, off of MW2 for the morning.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Jaunty wrote: »
    Willeth wrote: »
    C4 isn't really meant to be used like a grenade. It's to mark objectives and screw people who are trying to take them. And the second scenario is why I always detonate it with the reload button double-tap.

this doesn't seem to work on the PC

Indeed it does not.

Also Jaunt... you up for some man-shooting either tonight or tomorrow?

DietarySupplement on
  • Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Yea I think i'm gonna offically stop playing full matches, if I run into tuber no-skill/scrubs/shoulda-been-abortions pubs because the game just isnt fun at all. Sorry for screaming in that match so loud but good god I was getting pissed off.

Would be nice if they nerfed tubes but then they will all flock to RPGs/AT-H4/Thumper rockets and continue being a douche. I mean 1887 to Javalin Glitch to FAMAS/M16 to Noobfest, is the pattern I have seen since I played this game.

Tridus1x on
  • iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I laughed a little last night when Scatman was like "I'm gonna go get some breakfast."

<Scatman left the game>

Then Sanguine almost the exact time "<tubeztubez,olol> ARRRGGGH, WHAT THE FUUUCK!?!"

<SanguineHibisc left the game>

The two notices were right next to each other in the bottom left of the screen. teehee

iTunesIsEvil on
  • mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Tridus1x wrote: »
    Yea I think i'm gonna offically stop playing full matches, if I run into tuber no-skill/scrubs/shoulda-been-abortions pubs because the game just isnt fun at all. Sorry for screaming in that match so loud but good god I was getting pissed off.

Would be nice if they nerfed tubes but then they will all flock to RPGs/AT-H4/Thumper rockets and continue being a douche. I mean 1887 to Javalin Glitch to FAMAS/M16 to Noobfest, is the pattern I have seen since I played this game.

The Thumper/AT-4 aren't as abusive as the M203, since they have that ADS delay (in other words, they generally can't run around a corner and fire it faster than I can shoot them). I'd prefer if they didn't get filled with Scav/OMA, but honestly it'd be fine if they did.

I just hope they don't fix it before I finish out my Danger Close VI challenge.

Oh, wait, they're never going to fix it, so I shouldn't worry. Two $15 map packs, or half a game worth of revenue, later and they still haven't bothered to fix the silencers. Which is why I didn't buy this map pack, and won't buy any others, until at least some of these glitches and balance issues get addressed.

mcdermott on
  • MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I just think there's some bizarre, arcane logic to the tweaks they make. I know they make them occasionally, like the stealth nerf of lightweight, switching OMA times and the like, but it's like they're chosen at random.

Also, goddamn do they need to fix the FAL.

Mechanical on
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    mcdermott wrote: »

The Thumper/AT-4 aren't as abusive as the M203, since they have that ADS delay (in other words, they generally can't run around a corner and fire it faster than I can shoot them). I'd prefer if they didn't get filled with Scav/OMA, but honestly it'd be fine if they did.

Oh, wait, they're never going to fix it, so I shouldn't worry. Two $15 map packs, or half a game worth of revenue, later and they still haven't bothered to fix the silencers. Which is why I didn't buy this map pack, and won't buy any others, until at least some of these glitches and balance issues get addressed.

You can't OMA with a thumper/at4/rpg/any secondary weapon since you don't get a secondary weapon.

Burtletoy on
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Have they put a date on the PS3 Resurgence pack yet?

Lucascraft on
    edited June 2010
    Mechanical wrote: »

WAT?

Burtletoy on
  • iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'd kind of like to see a "fix" for modded controllers, where if the game determines you're firing the weapon "too quickly" then it causes the weapon to overheat or something so you can't fire it for a few. Of course, this could fuck with legitimate players, but I doubt that it'd hurt much if IW did it correctly.

Or, since it's not that much of a problem I'll just deal with the occasional guy with an MC.

iTunesIsEvil on
    edited June 2010
    Burtletoy wrote: »

WAT?

I don't like carrying around a FAL with an underslung "Grenade Laucher".

Mechanical on
  • MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I have this weird thing where I 'discover' a class and own with it for a few sessions. Then I come back to it expecting the regular returns and it fails me. So I leave it for a while. Then when I realise a whole class slot is just sitting there doing nothing, I retool it into something vastly different and own again. And the cycle repeats.

Who else has this?

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Musicool wrote: »
    I have this weird thing where I 'discover' a class and own with it for a few sessions. Then I come back to it expecting the regular returns and it fails me. So I leave it for a while. Then when I realise a whole class slot is just sitting there doing nothing, I retool it into something vastly different and own again. And the cycle repeats.

Who else has this?

I had a really solid Scar-H build that I used for quite a long time. I was about 3/4 of the way through my mastery of the weapon. Took a break, played some other games, came back, and I hated it. Couldn't kill for shit with that build anymore, so I made a new one.

Lucascraft on
  • twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    The ad on Facebook for the new Medal of Honor game started out with, "Tired of noob tube kills?"

This is the first ad I have ever clicked on Facebook.

This is what MW2 has done to me. Thanks, IW!!

twmjr on
  • DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    twmjr wrote: »
    The ad on Facebook for the new Medal of Honor game started out with, "Tired of noob tube kills?"

This is the first ad I have ever clicked on Facebook.

This is what MW2 has done to me. Thanks, IW!!

Gotta tell you, I'd have to click that ad too.

DietarySupplement on
  • Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    mcdermott wrote: »

Yea I probably worded it wrong or something but what I was getting at was that it's still easy to greif with a RPG-7 as well. I seen plenty of marathon/DC/RPG-7 guys keep going full charge at me and killing me, my teammates and himself. Mostly it's funny watching him die but if you are playing a gamemode like demolition one guy with a RPG can hurt your defense.

Tridus1x on
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I love the RPG, it's hilarious, and usually worth it if I died to one. I've never been pissed at an at4 or an rpg death, even if RPGs are being overused.

I hate thermals and noobtubes, because both interfere with my style of play. I don't want to creep around or hide/camp.

Anyways, I still like this piece of shit game. Maybe me and the wife will be on later.

belligerent on
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Had two pretty cool kills yesterday. First, I came across a claymore and shot it just as the guy who had planted it came running back around the corner blowing him up with his own claymore. Then I was on Afghan running on the low slung catwalk with a guy just out of shooting range up ahead of me. He started up the stairs towards the area with all the short walls, and I tossed a flash over the rocks up to the top of the stairs hoping to slow him down. Apparently it landed close enough to the barrels up there to blow them up and give me a kill. I can only imagine the rage if he watched that kill cam, I know I would have been pissed.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

WAT?

I don't like carrying around a FAL with an underslung "Grenade Laucher".
    Is it that big of a problem? You see that for like a second when you change weapons if you actually look down there.

That is the last thing that needs fixing. UMP and tubes could still use an overhaul. As it is, the UMP is still more powerful at range than the M240, MG4, M4, ACR, and F2000. Make the M203 force aiming like the Thumper and that will greatly reduce its abuse I believe.

e: Musicool, that phenomenon is constant with me. Right now I am having fun with a silenced Vector. It's like the Skorpion from CoD4 with more ammo. I love it.

SirToasty on
  • DrDreidelDrDreidel Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Musicool wrote: »

Who else has this?

I'm nothing if not a consistent .85 K/D player. But for two glorious days, I was running a Scar class that turned me into a deathmotron. I was consistently finishing with my kills in the 20s and deaths in single digits. Haven't been able to duplicate a run like that since. So to answer your question, yes.

DrDreidel on
    edited June 2010
    SirToasty wrote: »
    Is it that big of a problem? You see that for like a second when you change weapons if you actually look down there.

That is the last thing that needs fixing. UMP and tubes could still use an overhaul. As it is, the UMP is still more powerful at range than the M240, MG4, M4, ACR, and F2000. Make the M203 force aiming like the Thumper and that will greatly reduce its abuse I believe.

e: Musicool, that phenomenon is constant with me. Right now I am having fun with a silenced Vector. It's like the Skorpion from CoD4 with more ammo. I love it.

No, but it's more likely to happen than having my M240 and MG4 fixed, so I'll take what I can.

Mechanical on
    edited June 2010
    I love the new Next gen tactics video series they have going on right now:

The Hated.

Where they use all the weapons and perks everyone else hates. What's funny is that Guns4hire sucks at being a newb.

We should do this some time.

1 whole match with nothing but tubes, then nothing but UMPS, then nothing but Commando.

edit: also, scat, I don't want to own a real gun. I get my kicks by killing people in my minds eye and on the TV. ;)

belligerent on
    edited June 2010
    1 whole match with nothing but tubes, then nothing but UMPS, then nothing but Commando.

So, basically, TDM on Scrapyard? Because that seems to be the go-to build for that map/game mode.

DietarySupplement on
  • ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    That "Sentry guns inside the support pillar" on Underpass bug might be fixed, I was testing it with a friend and we couldn't get the guns to deploy inside the things. So, yay!

Arrath on
    edited June 2010
    oh man I'm so fing bored at work.

belligerent on
  • TheSecretSeventhTheSecretSeventh GARegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    i have become everything i once hated. im in love with the AA-12. it will never replace the SPAS in my heart, but i prestiged again and i wanted to try something new since i already have 1300+ SPAS kills. i dont get the people that completely empty the clip (magazine) into one person as soon as they fire. I can get three seperate burts consistently, and ive gotten several triple kills with it already, and i have ~50 kills with it.

edit: new thread?

TheSecretSeventh on
    PSN: DW_Drummer22
    XBL: MightyManotaur
    PA: TheSecretSeventh
    wait....
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Most people empty the magazine of the AA-12 because they just start spraying as soon as they enter a room.

I kid you not, they don't even look at what they're shooting.

Dragkonias on
  • milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Apparently I've known Sandy Ravage for years under a different username; been on my friends list since CoD4, lol.

milk ducks on
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So I just pulled off a nuke with the F2000. This is the F2000 with crazy recoil on the PS3, mind you, not your fancy-pants apparently buffed 360 version. I feel like I've achieved something now. (this was also my first nuke not using a sniper rifle.)

SLyM on
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • glithertglithert Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    The F2000 used to be worse? I don't think I've ever managed to kill someone with that thing unless they were right in front of me.

glithert on
    edited June 2010
    glithert wrote: »
    The F2000 used to be worse? I don't think I've ever managed to kill someone with that thing unless they were right in front of me.

I haven't used it since after this supposed buff happened to it, so I can't comment on that, but the gun really isn't that bad.

Just worse than every other primary (except the M240 which is a piece of trash)

Burtletoy on
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    milk ducks wrote: »
    Apparently I've known Sandy Ravage for years under a different username; been on my friends list since CoD4, lol.

Well, now we need to get him and Scatman in a game together.

Also, someone do the new thread.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
    edited June 2010
    glithert wrote: »

If you're playing on the 360 version, it's always been the same.

Mechanical on
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Give me a moment, I'll make the new thread.

PaperLuigi44 on
This discussion has been closed.