As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

World [chat]

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Because hoarders are broken. Completely broken. You can't fix broken.

Ludious on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    That is still 21 seconds too many of Monopoly.

Inquisitor on
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hoarders is horrifying. Some of those houses should be bulldozed.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited June 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Monopoly, like Diplomacy, is best played by talking about how you hate playing it.

Echo on
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Echo wrote: »

Monopoly, like Diplomacy, is best played by talking about how you hate playing it.

I want to play Diplomacy. I own it, but haven't played it yet.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

as opposed to risk, where you talk about how much you hate the people with whom you are playing it.

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
    edited June 2010

as opposed to risk, where you talk about how much you hate the people with whom you are playing it.

No, no. Risk is a terrible, awful game that was designed by a mewling infant.

Inquisitor on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Ludious wrote: »
    Because hoarders are broken. Completely broken. You can't fix broken.

Sad but true, the one who had changed was still young, the rest are all fairly old, set in their ways. They'd rather wallow in filth. Its a perspective I just can't connet with.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

The lady who slept strapped to a portable toilet in a bathroom filled with used adult diapers?

fucking nightmare

they bought in a biohazard team to clean it

nexuscrawler on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    South Park knocks at least 2 episodes out of the park a mini season. That's good enough for me. But then, I know D&D has a hate-on for SP because they take it as some Libertarian bible or something.

wh...what?

i have never heard that

i hate on it because it is mostly garbage

Arch on
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I have said this before, I know

but my personal driving philosophy is, if your car is faster than mine you may cut me off at will

but heaven help you if your car is slower and you obstruct your better

D&D Car club all up in here.

We should make jackets. With badass badges. Even though we don't need no stinking badges.

driving scarfs embroidered with 1/4 mile times for ease in determining who outranks who!

Oh sure, says the guy in the convertible. Grow some long ass hair to go with it. It'll flutter in the wind.

firewaterword on
    edited June 2010

The lady who slept strapped to a portable toilet in a bathroom filled with used adult diapers?

fucking nightmare

they bought in a biohazard team to clean it

I don't

what

how can

my brain

call 911

Echo on
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

but my personal driving philosophy is, if your car is faster than mine you may cut me off at will

We should make jackets. With badass badges. Even though we don't need no stinking badges.

driving scarfs embroidered with 1/4 mile times for ease in determining who outranks who!

Oh sure, says the guy in the convertible. Grow some long ass hair to go with it. It'll flutter in the wind.

fuck yes

and perhaps a driving cap with goggles and fingerless gloves

skippydumptruck on
    edited June 2010
    Yeah I think I can safely say my life would've been better had I not known about that nexus.

firewaterword on
    edited June 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    South Park knocks at least 2 episodes out of the park a mini season. That's good enough for me. But then, I know D&D has a hate-on for SP because they take it as some Libertarian bible or something.

wh...what?

i have never heard that

And because you have bad taste in things. Like food.

South Park is pretty good from time to time. Butter's Bottom Bitch was a great episode.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I love South Park

Elendil on
  • GalahadGalahad Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    *sigh*

Whelp, I just typed up a nice long summary of the alt-science career seminars I went to yesterday. And then the thread lock ate it because I am slow and it really did turn out to be stupid long.

So... um... I'll re-type it again later, and this time I'll employ a few braincells and type it up in word so I don't have to cry when the internet gnashes its toothy maw.

Super executive summary Arch:
    Writers/educators: Seemed happy.
    MASSIVE HORDE OF LAWYERS: Happy and smug.
    Venture Capital: Only if you are a hyperactive risk junky.
    Industry: A spectrum that runs from "satisfied" to "put this person on suicide watch now!"

Galahad on
    edited June 2010
    Skippy what is your opinion on fast motorcycles driving on the line between two lanes to pass?

Inquisitor on
    edited June 2010
    I have fingerless driving gloves! They're sweet. My hands were getting all sweaty when I was being a hoon on the corners. Not anymore!

firewaterword on
  • HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Ryadic wrote: »

I love diplomacy, but i only get to play it once every 6 months or so, because most people get so goddamn butthurt when the lose and they need to have that long a break to cry it out.

HerrCron on
    sig.gif
  • thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

fuck yes

and perhaps a driving cap with goggles and fingerless gloves

124616_512x288_generated.jpg

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Skippy what is your opinion on fast motorcycles driving on the line between two lanes to pass?

dangerous

I thought about getting a motorcycle

it would be perfect for my commute to work (~4 mi)

but I am pretty sure I would get myself killed

skippydumptruck on
    edited June 2010
    HerrCron wrote: »
    I love diplomacy, but i only get to play it once every 6 months or so, because most people get so goddamn butthurt when the loose and they need to have that long a break to cry it out.

Last time I played it, one other player drove me there.

He took ruthless advantage of this.

Echo on
    edited June 2010

I love diplomacy, but i only get to play it once every 6 months or so, because most people get so goddamn butthurt when the lose and they need to have that long a break to cry it out.

I'm not a big fan of playing a game that is as long as diplomacy and has player elimination in person, personally.

Inquisitor on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Yeah I think I can safely say my life would've been better had I not known about that nexus.

there was also the ep where the lady had like 35 dead cats buried in her garbage

nexuscrawler on
    edited June 2010

wh...what?

i have never heard that

And because you have bad taste in things. Like food.

South Park is pretty good from time to time. Butter's Bottom Bitch was a great episode.

hey i definitely said "mostly garbage"

also galahad- hmmm interesting

Arch on
    edited June 2010

dangerous

I thought about getting a motorcycle

it would be perfect for my commute to work (~4 mi)

but I am pretty sure I would get myself killed

Skippyyyyy let's get motorcycles together!

Or scooters!

Or mopeds.

Or...or....TRICYCLES!

Inquisitor on
    edited June 2010

I'm not a big fan of playing a game that is as long as diplomacy and has player elimination in person, personally.

Just hope that someone else gets eliminated, then play RftG.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
    edited June 2010

There was someone who lost a pet to her garbage trapping the animal and killing it. By the time they showed up to clean it had been about a year since the animal died.

For comparison billy the exterminator was called in to take care of a dead cat under a house that had been dead for a weak and the smell was causing people to have headaches AFTER A WEEK!

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    edited June 2010
    Just hope that someone else gets eliminated, then play Space Hulk

Fixed that for you buddy. :D

Inquisitor on
    edited June 2010
    Just hope that someone else gets eliminated, then play RftG.

I downloaded that RFTG AI, but I should really play a real game first to learn it. Ye gods, all those symbols.

Echo on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010

wh...what?

i have never heard that

I don't think we have a "hate-on" for it.

I just prefer it when it skewers entertainment celebrities and pop culture, not when it deals with politics.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    edited June 2010

People who want to die in the dumbest way possible.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Is Billy the Exterminator the same wacko that managed to get on 2 episodes of Dirty Jobs?

Ludious on
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, my brother told me about the dead cats episode. So gross. I don't even...

firewaterword on
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Wait, Perez Hilton posted Miley Cyrus' vagina on his twitter? The hell? So many questions.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
    edited June 2010
    Is Billy the Exterminator the same wacko that managed to get on 2 episodes of Dirty Jobs?

Probably? I dunno he dresses like a goth rocker, but he's a no kill exterminator and fairly informative. Seems decent at his job.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited June 2010
    Kagera wrote: »
    Wait, Perez Hilton posted Miley Cyrus' vagina on his twitter? The hell? So many questions.

miley cyrus' vagina is allowed on the internet?

i didn't think it was old enough

Arch on
    edited June 2010
    are they pressing charges against Perez Hilton? I hope so. If it were someone he disliked, he'd be screaming like a banshee for their head, that sloppy, egotistical queen

Ludious on
This discussion has been closed.