As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat] Champion!

• TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Every couple of months I consume massive amounts of anime and manga, and then I do other stuff for the remaining nine months. My hobby cycles are pretty weird. It's like anime->foruming(where most of my politicking goes on)->reading->gaming with a bunch of misc in between.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    So I just discovered these taco trucks? These things are off the hook! They just travel around, givin' people taco food! The one I go to is sponsored by "Tostada Magazine" (the magazine for Tostadas). I had one today that had bologna in it. I don't know about that. I felt like a I was one of them kids from orphanages with the Mexi-nuns, where they can't afford real taco meat so they buy up all the Oscar Meyer stuff! I had to drown it in ketchup just to choke it down! (Once Ray Q. Smuckles buys food he always eats it. Always.)
    Oh hey, Kusu.
    Pretty hard to post twice at the same exact time. It's cool though, your mind is just going because not only are you old, you're mentally unstable.

Kusuguttai on
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    The only anime I've seen is Ghost in a Shell and I loved that (only the first movie, at that).

James on
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Full Metal Alchemist was pretty "meh." Kind of emo for my tastes.

Yeah, but in comparison to some of the absolute shit that gets sent over here 'meh' is fairly good. I didn't love it, but the story was interesting and kept you into it. I need to see some more Read or Die, because the couple episodes I had caught seemed cool, but clearly had backstory I was missing.

moniker on
    edited April 2007
    Tarranon wrote: »
    Every couple of months I consume massive amounts of anime and manga, and then I do other stuff for the remaining nine months. My hobby cycles are pretty weird. It's like anime->foruming(where most of my politicking goes on)->reading->gaming with a bunch of misc in between.

I have about 500 dollars worth of manga that I just don't read anymore.
    Except for Yotsuba!

Kusuguttai on
  • stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I have no idea if the stuff I listen to is on the radio, and am utterly disinterested in finding out.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    moniker wrote: »
    Kusuguttai wrote: »
    one of the only anime series that made me cry

also bebop, Waltz for Venus

so sad :(
    Watch Grave of the Fireflys. Then, after the end, watch the opening again.
    I think the amount of sadness you felt at that movie was inversely proportional to how obnoxious you found the main characters.

Thanatos on
    edited April 2007
    Full Metal Alchemist was pretty "meh." Kind of emo for my tastes.

Yeah, but in comparison to some of the absolute shit that gets sent over here 'meh' is fairly good. I didn't love it, but the story was interesting and kept you into it. I need to see some more Read or Die, because the couple episodes I had caught seemed cool, but clearly had backstory I was missing.

Watch the R.O.D. movie.
    Also I liked FMA because it had only one episode of filler. That's pretty fucking good.

Kusuguttai on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2007
    So I just discovered these taco trucks? These things are off the hook! They just travel around, givin' people taco food! The one I go to is sponsored by "Tostada Magazine" (the magazine for Tostadas). I had one today that had bologna in it. I don't know about that. I felt like a I was one of them kids from orphanages with the Mexi-nuns, where they can't afford real taco meat so they buy up all the Oscar Meyer stuff! I had to drown it in ketchup just to choke it down! (Once Ray Q. Smuckles buys food he always eats it. Always.)
    Oh hey, Kusu.
    Pretty hard to post twice at the same exact time. It's cool though, your mind is just going because not only are you old, you're mentally unstable.
    It seemed as about a clever as an alt as good ol' McCarthy, so you know, I made the easiest assumption.

Dynagrip on
    edited April 2007
    Oh hey, Kusu.
    It seemed as about a clever as an alt as good ol' McCarthy, so you know, I made the easiest assumption.
    I like how you think I made the alt to post on the forums, when that is not the case at all. What's it like having only partial use of your brain? Is it fun? I think it would be pretty mind-crushingly depressing if I was as damaged as you are.

Kusuguttai on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Samurai Champloo was really good

nexuscrawler on
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    one of the only anime series that made me cry

also bebop, Waltz for Venus

so sad :(
    Watch Grave of the Fireflys. Then, after the end, watch the opening again.
    I think the amount of sadness you felt at that movie was inversely proportional to how obnoxious you found the main characters.

My cousins (well, just 2 of them) have kids. One's 4, the other 3, and twins are on the way. I'm pretty sure that didn't help matters, because I was left gasping from the tears. It wasn't the respectable Italian Indian getting garbage thrown at his feet tear. No sir.

moniker on
    edited April 2007

it really was, except the ending
    what a shitty ending.

Kusuguttai on
    edited April 2007
    So... Flying Stove? Haven't been there in a while.

James on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2007
    Oh hey, Kusu.
    I like how you think I made the alt to post on the forums, when that is not the case at all. What's it like having only partial use of your brain? Is it fun? I think it would be pretty mind-crushingly depressing if I was as damaged as you are.
    What are you talking about exactly? Are you rattling on about a months old event as if it was an ongoing thing?

Dynagrip on
    edited April 2007
    Oh hey, Kusu.
    What are you talking about exactly? Are you rattling on about a months old event as if it was an ongoing thing?
    No, I'm pretty sure you're still as crazy and insignificant as ever.

Kusuguttai on
    edited April 2007
    It's about my favorite of the sort of recent stuff. I might like Ghost in the Shell better.

Dynagrip on
    edited April 2007
    Oh hey, Kusu.
    No, I'm pretty sure you're still as crazy and insignificant as ever.
    Well shit, better go get myself checked into a mental institution.

Dynagrip on
    edited April 2007
    Guys fucking knock it off.

James on
    edited April 2007
    Jameserson wrote: »
    Although not usually the case, I totally wasn't the aggressor in this one. I'm as shocked as anybody.

Dynagrip on
  • gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007

Word.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    It's kinda nice to see somebody else going back and forth with Kusu.

Me Too! on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2007
    So I've caught like 40 pokeymans and only two gym badges. There's really a lot of sidetracky stuff in the game, so it kind of drags out my progress. I'm mostly using a big water weasel, flame monkey and electro-lion. Are these terrible choices?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2007
    Man Kusu's got a case of the means today it seems like.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Oh! What a performance!

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
    edited April 2007
    Irond Will wrote: »
    So I've caught like 40 pokeymans and only two gym badges. There's really a lot of sidetracky stuff in the game, so it kind of drags out my progress. I'm mostly using a big water weasel, flame monkey and electro-lion. Are these terrible choices?
    Dude, I've put in over 25 hours already and only have 3 badges. I use my main penguin, a ponyta, graveler, and this electric lion looking guy.

There is all kinds of shit that takes up your time in these games (berries especially)

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
    edited April 2007

Sounds good, but you'll need a flying pokemon in there eventually. I think the water weasel guy evolves into water and psychic? I'm not sure.

James on
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    My recommendations for anime include: FMA, Trigun, fullmetal panic and samurai champloo.

Bleach was good up to the soul society arc.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
    edited April 2007
    Sounds good, but you'll need a flying pokemon in there eventually. I think the water weasel guy evolves into water and psychic? I'm not sure.
    I picked up a murkrow (sp?) for that and one of those big beaver guys because he can learn any move absolutely whatsoever it seems.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
    edited April 2007
    Saburbia wrote: »
    My recommendations for anime include: FMA, Trigun, fullmetal panic and samurai champloo.

If you're going to watch Trigun, make sure you stop it 5 minutes before the end of the last episode, so the whole series isn't ruined for you.

Thanatos on
    edited April 2007

I just had him evolve into a bigger water weasel. I think he's called Floatzel or something. I named him Pauly, though. Because Pauly Shore was the weasel. And also sucked, but still.

I have a bird I got up to L18 or so. I guess I could use him as my flyer. The only psychic one I found was this yellow fox-person thing that seemed to have no abilities, and maybe Headache Duck, who also had basically no abilities.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

Do you reckon he's overcompensating for something?

Johannen on
    edited April 2007
    gundam470 wrote: »
    I picked up a murkrow (sp?) for that and one of those big beaver guys because he can learn any move absolutely whatsoever it seems.
    I started training up the beaver, but he was just "normal" class, so I figured he wasn't worth much. Plus, he looks kind of goofy and it was bugging me.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Johannen wrote: »

Being a teenager?

VishNub on
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    that's sorta the thing about psychic pokemon

they usually start with some bullshit like teleport or growl

but if you put in the time, they will ruin everything.

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
    edited April 2007
    Johannen wrote: »
    Are you saying "Finally Legal" is just going to be "F.L.?" :P

Thanatos on
    edited April 2007
    I started training up the beaver, but he was just "normal" class, so I figured he wasn't worth much. Plus, he looks kind of goofy and it was bugging me.
    Yeah, i don't put that goofy bastard in battle, but he is the guy who does cut, rock smash, and strength for me.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • ShintoShinto __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Will - we should do something this weekend. We have some little souvenirs for you and Frankie.

Shinto on
    edited April 2007
    Marx wrote: »
    that's sorta the thing about psychic pokemon

they usually start with some bullshit like teleport or growl

but if you put in the time, they will ruin everything.
    So if I level up that fox thing it'll eventually get some decent powers? Because I ground him up to around L11 and nothing at all so far. Do I need to feed him or tickle him or something?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Saburbia wrote: »

If you're going to watch Trigun, make sure you stop it 5 minutes before the end of the last episode, so the whole series isn't ruined for you.

Cowboy Bebop (+Knocking on heavens door), Gungrave, Berserk, Vision Of Escaflowne (although the girls in it can be mind bogglingly annoying at times), the two Rurouni Kenshin movies (Trust and Betrayal), Hajime No Ippo, and GTO can be ok if you don't mind the same humour repeated quite a lot.

Johannen on
This discussion has been closed.