As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pax Arcadia: An Alliance PVE Guild on Draenor (US)

• Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I should be back pretty soon. I went on an insane bout of house cleaning, and have yet to reassemble my desktop, or my desk for that matter. I'm dying for the chance to get some use out of the t10 I had for a whole 12 hours before my sub went up.

SightTDW on
    Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    AlethiometerAlethiometer Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'd been thinking about coming back to the WoW scene but hadn't really maintained any contacts with old guild mates. Would you guys want a feral druid, geared around 251-264 on average? I've got a set for tanking and another for DPS, both are at about that level.

Alethiometer on
  • Options
    LeftOnRedLeftOnRed Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Strangely enough, DPS is actually our primary need and a well geared feral druid would do the trick.

LeftOnRed on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Okay, I'll see about getting the account back up and pestering some officers. Thanks!

Alethiometer on
  • Options
    AfroJAfroJ Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hopefully our server comes back up so we can punch shit in the dick tonight.

AfroJ on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    notmetalenoughnotmetalenough Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Me and a buddy are thinking of transferring over. We're looking for a place where people can talk shit at each other and not get all butthurt about it, talk about dicks and butts, and possibly tackle some challenging endgame content without a lot of pressure or drama.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Silvermoon&cn=Grumbercules is me.

I'd love to raid with you guys, but really we're mainly looking for a new home, since we'll probably level up some wolfmans in Cataclysm.

notmetalenough on
    Samael the Radiant Faced-- Official Naming, Going Nuclear, Click on the Quest, Make She Run and Guild Measurements Officer - Clawshrimp & Co, Draenor-US
  • Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Yeah man, come on over. /join PA or holler at a clawshrimp member and we'll get you an invite. There will be a bunch of us on tonight, if you wanna roll up a level 1 and hang out in mumble with us.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    FUCK...
    BALLS.

Kreutz on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    You need to hook me up with a large version of that banner for the OP.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Noisymunk wrote: »
    You need to hook me up with a large version of that banner for the OP.

Oh, I've got a large version for you, don't worry...

Kreutz on
  • Options
    MarsMars Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Glad to see you guys are still kicking(swimming?). This here's Toirin, btw. Sorry I just sort of disappeared last December, life got really bad for a while so I stopped playing, and by the time it started getting better I realized I just didn't enjoy the game anymore. I should have at least let you guys know. I don't expect I'll ever be back, but it's still nice to see the old gang's still stompin' through Northrend.

Mars on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Goddamn. One shot Blood Queen on our first attempt tonight, then we downed Dreamwalker on the third attempt, and then Putricide on the second try. All we got left is Sindragosa and Arthas. For the claw!

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Mars wrote: »
    Glad to see you guys are still kicking(swimming?). This here's Toirin, btw. Sorry I just sort of disappeared last December, life got really bad for a while so I stopped playing, and by the time it started getting better I realized I just didn't enjoy the game anymore. I should have at least let you guys know. I don't expect I'll ever be back, but it's still nice to see the old gang's still stompin' through Northrend.

Glad to hear your alright, Toirin. If Cataclysm draws you back, you'll still have a place with us.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Truth is, we could have downed Arthas months ago. We just wanted to take 10 or so victory laps around the first two wings before we finished the job.

Kreutz on
  • Options
    Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Glad to hear you guys are still kicking ass. Be sure to post some pics when you kill Arthas!

Saint Justice on
    Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
  • Options
    Simon MoonSimon Moon Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So, I've been feeling the itch to play again. I've got no particular attachment to old characters or servers, and was thinking I might start afresh. If you folk would have me, is there any particular class you all lack? As I tend to suffer from altitis Foraris, I'm likely to wind up with one of each eventually, so which one I level first doesn't matter much to me.

Simon Moon on
    Steam: simon moon
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Well, at the moment we could make use of another ranged DPS of some kind, as well as a non-shaman healer. These needs are somewhat fluid though so roll whatever you like playing the most.

LeftOnRed on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    This just in:

Sindragosa can suck it!

Also I may be drunk.

New banner on the OP, and I'm working on getting us some better web-hosting through Cornwallus so we don't have ads on our homepage.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Come on man. That was an awesome price for gold they were advertising!

LeftOnRed on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    It seems to me (and I am not any sort of authority, mind) that what we are missing most is paladins, followed by mages.

Oh and lots of new Cataclysm news today apparently. I don't think I could be any less enthused about the announced raid, though. Sounds like Blackfathom Deeps Two: Old God Boogaloo with a relatively obscure lore character as the arch-villain. 10 to 1 odds that the horrifying secret at the end is another Old God. Needs more Karazhan.

Alethiometer on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I do like that they're choosing to open with a more manageable 5 boss raid, rather than a massive >10 boss marathon like Naxx or Karazhan. That's going to make it much easier for us to complete with our schedule.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, Naxx+Sarth+Maly was a pretty ridiculous raid load at the start of Wrath. I'm not sure if 5 bosses is a great thing though, since the only other 5 boss raid that's coming to mind is ToC and I would hate to see that arena style as the intro raid to the new expansion. Surely they wouldn't be so-

When you defeat Cho'Gall on heroic mode, the floor collapses to reveal a horrifying secret.

Oh. Well, there's always the next raid.

Alethiometer on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    It seems to me (and I am not any sort of authority, mind) that what we are missing most is paladins, followed by mages.

Oh and lots of new Cataclysm news today apparently. I don't think I could be any less enthused about the announced raid, though. Sounds like Blackfathom Deeps Two: Old God Boogaloo with a relatively obscure lore character as the arch-villain. 10 to 1 odds that the horrifying secret at the end is another Old God. Needs more Karazhan.

Yeah, I think a paladin healer and a Mage for ranged dps would be the best bet but we'll take whatever.

As far as more old god stuff, I'm ok with it as long as they keep making really good encounters out of them.

Also, where are you seeing this info? Is it not on mmo champ or did I just completely miss it?

And while we're at it, I'm guessing that the horrifying secret will be some other boss that we've killed before will be back. I cite ToC as precedence.

LeftOnRed on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    LeftOnRed wrote: »

Yeah, I think a paladin healer and a Mage for ranged dps would be the best bet but we'll take whatever.

As far as more old god stuff, I'm ok with it as long as they keep making really good encounters out of them.

Also, where are you seeing this info? Is it not on mmo champ or did I just completely miss it?

And while we're at it, I'm guessing that the horrifying secret will be some other boss that we've killed before will be back. I cite ToC as precedence.

http://www.wowhead.com/blog=159674
    The Bastion of Twilight

This will be a raid offshoot of Grim Batol, run by the Twilight's Hammer.
    This is the "Naxxramas" of Cataclysm—entry level raiding.
    5 boss fights, plus a sixth Algalon-style optional, ultra-hard boss.
    Will include a "council" fight of Twilight Ascendants, cultist ascended into elementals
    Final (non-optional) boss: Cho'gall!

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Elwynn Forest was merely a setback.

Kreutz on
  • Options
    skorchskorch Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Kreutz wrote: »

Elwynn Forest was merely a setback.

Don't forget the "adds" in phase 2.

skorch on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I'd love to see them get a little more courageous with their raids. Maybe not for the entry level, but isn't "tomb filled with evil bosses" getting kind of old?

Why not have, I dunno, a castle defense raid. Divide up into 5 squads of 5 and man the battlements! Bosses occasionally come in, the walls could take damage as time went on, you could have NPC allies for fun.

Or a stealth raid! Infiltrate the enemy city. Fight guards, silence their runners! Send your scouts ahead to lower the bridge. Final boss is a gauntlet as you escape with the mcguffin with the whole enemy force on your heels.

Convoy defense raid? Convoy ambush raid. Extended airship battle raid with controllable planes. Naval ship-to-ship combat. A random once-daily world boss who showed up at one of 7 locations on a semi-random timer with a big ass pile of trash mobs. Raid where the mobs are actually controlled by players, who are getting honor for killing you while you get loot for killing them.

Or just change the setting up a bit. Have the raid fighting along the outside of a tremendous airship, or in the middle of a war (full of non-targetable fighters) working their way towards the enemy generals.

All of these are at least technically feasible, they've done them all before in one way or another. I'd really like to see some innovation for raiders beyond gear mechanics. Most of these have tremendous balance issues but at least they're not another loot locker.

Alethiometer on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    This should be quoted, but that's what I get for posting from a phone.

Castle defense could be fine as long as it doesn't turn into Hyjal 2.

World spawn bosses I can live without. They usually lead to lots of griefing and they never havve very good loot because you can't put good stuff on a boss that only one group can kill per day.

They've specifially said in the past that player controlled bosses are a no-go. It makes sense too. They'd target healers which would mean the only healers you'd want to bring would be paladins and shamans since they're generally the hardest to kill.

Persoannly, I'd like to see more stuff like Chromag where the fight changes a little every week and you don't know for sure what you're getting until you start. Drop the sand and tranq shot bullshit though.

LeftOnRed on
  • Options
    FFFF Once Upon a Time In OaklandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Paladins eh?

I just joined last night (Torque). Once I get it together I'm going to see about transferring my 71 Paladin and maybe my Rogue as well.

FF on
    Huh...
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    It is looking like Sunday is going to be a break from the usual raiding due to holiday shenanigans, so I'm setting up an Ulduar run at the normal time (2pm server).

If anyone would like to go, please post something here or whisper Caboodle in game and I'll get you on the list. As far as requirements go, I'd ask only that you be familiar with the fights and geared enough to do 10 man hard-modes without hassle, so around 226-232 minimum.

Alethiometer on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Will put an open invite on the guild calendar for this when I log in tonight if it hasn't been done already.

LeftOnRed on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Thank you, I had done an invite but it was just for the usual raiding team and I'd like everyone to see it.

Alethiometer on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, that's always the best way to attack anything that isn't progression. We won't have the full progression team on anyway, but 6 or 7 of us can ensure that things die.

LeftOnRed on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Alright, no more putting this shit off. I'll be back tonight y'all.

SightTDW on
    Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    ZOMG mana strudel!

Welcome back. You owe us four months worth of dick jokes.

LeftOnRed on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Dammit and I was on the cusp of taking the guild Portal Bitch job from you.

Kreutz on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Well I was all set to resub, but managed to get my authenticator locked while attempting to log in. So, I don't see Blizzard getting back to me tonight, and their phone line is apparently impossible to get through to.

Edit - Spent an hour on hold, but I got it taken care of.

SightTDW on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Nice.

How did Ulduar go tonight? I wanted to go, but I decided to be a sort of good person and spend the afternoon with my dad.

LeftOnRed on
  • Options
    AfroJAfroJ Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    We downed Hodir and got 5 of the achievements for the drake.

AfroJ on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Went really well, mostly one-shots for all of the hard modes excluding stupid Flame Leviathan. I'm not sure whether to extend the lockout or let it reset, since we killed Hodir the normal mode way and we'll have to do him on hard for the drake.

P.S. For Hodir hard we're going to need: 1 tank, 1-2 healers, and 7-8 dps. Do any of our healers have DPS offspecs?

Alethiometer on