As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Quarterfinal #3: Nogs vs Raneados

• NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    YESSSSSSS

SLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    OH FUCK

Squall on
    edited June 2010
    sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

thegreengoblin28spiderm.jpg

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    edited June 2010
    NOGS MY EYES AHHHH

Squall on
  • nateknatek unh unh Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    raneados is a winner this year

A WINNER

natek on
  • KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Wow, Rane, that was a shitton of effort put into that and I think I managed to watch all of it. But my vote is going to Nogs because it was super quality stuffed! I mean holycrap greenscreen

Kochikens on
    edited June 2010
    i would just like everyone to know

that rane is using the tablet that I gave him.

so even in defeat, I have won.

And now he shall go and use my sword to vanquish the likes of Ten and Chico(possibly Marcus)

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    it looks so small up there

don't worry forum battle

it'll be over soon

shhh shh just let it happen
    just let it happen

Raneados on
    edited June 2010
    also

I must advise rane to get a life
    raneados you are a buddy, you are pending an unhealthy amount of time making battles
    once battles are over, take a vacation

natek on
    edited June 2010
    yes. i know it is too early to say who won or not

but ive been up for over 43 hours so I CHOSE THE GO CRAZY APE SHIT OPTION

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    natek wrote: »
    also

I must advise rane to get a life
    raneados you are a buddy, you are pending an unhealthy amount of time making battles
    once battles are over, take a vacation

while winning it all would be the sweetest peach

getting out is its own reward

like that guy who jumps of a cliff screaming I'M FREEEE FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Raneados on
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I am in love with Raneados' Spider-Man.

ChicoBlue on
    edited June 2010
    I am giggling uncontrollably at rane's now

Squall on
    edited June 2010
    i am that guy rane.

i shall finally sleep well tonight

seriously, like the past 3 weeks ive been dreaming of forum battles

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    edited June 2010
    so...rane's just keeps going

really rane, I almost want to vote against you so that you can have some freedom now

what the hell?

natek on
    edited June 2010
    natek, he has 1 week and its over even if he goes all the way, hell be fine.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Nogs, you have some dance potential. Give me a week and I'll transform you into something decadent.

Let me transform you Nogs.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    edited June 2010
    I must push him off the roof to prove to everyone that I am not crazy.

Squall on
    edited June 2010
    ok
    I will assume he is not a blubbering baby

this time

natek on
    edited June 2010
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Nogs, you have some dance potential. Give me a week and I'll transform you into something decadent.

zonugal

if this was 3 years ago, i could maybe compete with you. not anymore though.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    NOGS GO TO BED

Kochikens on
    edited June 2010
    Kochikens wrote: »
    NOGS GO TO BED

would you believe me if i said im not tired?

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    edited June 2010
    NOGS GO TO BED

Raneados on
    edited June 2010
    ahaha holy fuck that cameo

Squall on
  • QorzmQorzm Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I loved yours, Nogs! I wish I could do any of the special effects that you pulled off. I especially really enjoyed the gunshot at the end. I replayed that part a few times.

Rane, I really loved yours! The choose your own adventure aspect works especially well with your style. It was really funny and it's my favorite of yours this year

Not much happened in Nogs' entry, but Raneados' entry was really funny and had tons of content, so I voted for Rane

Qorzm on
    edited June 2010
    squall

you and dubh's thing in TV is probably my favorite cameo i have ever given

i just love it so much

Raneados on
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Nogs wrote: »

zonugal

Why not? Did something happen three years ago? Were you emotional wounded in a dance competition and swore off dancing forever?

It's time to set yourself free.

Zonugal on
  • WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    this is the age old battle of length vs girth

Wimble on
    4SMZq.jpg
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Emperor Zombie/Teefs reference out of nowhere.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
    edited June 2010
    Nogs wrote: »

zonugal

Why not? Did something happen three years ago? Were you emotional wounded in a dance competition and swore off dancing forever?

It's time to set yourself free.

3 years ago i was in shape, taking martial arts and gymnastics and 30 pounds lighter.

i could do backflips.

now it hurts to do a somersault

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    edited June 2010
    Raneados wrote: »
    squall

i just love it so much

I am still laughing hysterically

what is the audio from because it actually sounds like my name is being called

Squall on
    edited June 2010
    Qorzm wrote: »
    I loved yours, Nogs! I wish I could do any of the special effects that you pulled off. I especially really enjoyed the gunshot at the end. I replayed that part a few times.

Rane, I really loved yours! The choose your own adventure aspect works especially well with your style. It was really funny and it's my favorite of yours this year

Not much happened in Nogs' entry, but Raneados' entry was really funny and had tons of content, so I voted for Rane

i agree 100%

i got waaaay to caught up in the special effects and wanting to do after effects, and any semblance of a story or plot got thrown out.

it was a risky thing to do, seeing as all my other videos were very dialogue heavy with some action at the end.

this was me being Michael Bay and saying to hell with the script i want flashy things.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    edited June 2010
    Nogs,

"From the oldest of times, people danced for a number of reasons. They danced in prayer... or so that their crops would be plentiful... or so their hunt would be good. And they danced to stay physically fit... and show their community spirit. And they danced to celebrate." And that is the dancing we're talking about. Aren't we told in Psalm 149 'Praise ye the Lord. Sing unto the Lord a new song. Let them praise His name in the dance'? And it was King David - King David, who we read about in Samuel - and what did David do? What did David do? 'David danced before the Lord with all his might... leaping and dancing before the Lord.' Leaping and *dancing. Ecclesiastes assures us... that there is a time for every purpose under heaven. A time to laugh... and a time to weep. A time to mourn... and there is a time to dance. And there was a time for this law, but not anymore. See, this is our time to dance. It is our way of celebrating life. It's the way it was in the beginning. It's the way it's always been. It's the way it should be now."

bacon_Footloose7305.jpg

Let me teach you.

Zonugal on
    edited June 2010

thought up while driving a bus

and i started giggling so hard i very nearly crashed

Raneados on
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Rane, I lost it when during the channel surfing bit you actually referenced yourself.

Nogs, that was pretty cool but I was wondering if you'd considered wrapping Rane's arms in some green cloth?

ASimPerson on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm almost done with Rane's. I think! It's a never ending avalanche of awesome.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

thought up while driving a bus

and i started giggling so hard i very nearly crashed

I think that was the first TFS reference of this tournament. In years past that would be almost unthinkable at this point.

ASimPerson on
    edited June 2010
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    Rane, I lost it when during the channel surfing bit you actually referenced yourself.

Nogs, that was pretty cool but I was wondering if you'd considered wrapping Rane's arms in some green cloth?

i did consider it

it was my first thought, in fact

i was gonna have green cloth n the arms and legs

BUUUUUUUT

if I ever crossed my arms over my chest or anything like that, my chest would be see through.

i could fix it with some masks in after effects, but it would take me the better part of 2 or 3 days to do it right in editing.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    edited June 2010
    Squall wrote: »
    squall

i just love it so much

I am still laughing hysterically

what is the audio from because it actually sounds like my name is being called

Cannibal! The Musical

He's actually saying "Swan"

I actually tried recording a hard "K" sound and an "L" sound but i really couldn't get it to sound anything but terrible

Raneados on
    edited June 2010
    holy fuck

deja vu

ive read that post before rane.

i fucking know ive seen that exact post

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg