Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Startling personal realisations

1246

Posts

  • GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    I recently realized how terrified I am of death

    mostly the inescapable oblivion part

    I was thinking of going with the presto-changeo deathbed conversion.

    Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • jaziekjaziek Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Gafoto wrote: »
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    I recently realized how terrified I am of death

    mostly the inescapable oblivion part

    I was thinking of going with the presto-changeo deathbed repentance.

    Wow, thats a good angle.

    jaziek on
    Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Uh, b-but it's not GOD'S angle!

    Grey Ghost on
    QRK7dOP.gif
    PSN: GrahamCR | NNID: ProjectGR | 3DS Friend Code: 4399-2068-5090 | Twitter
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    the startling realization that you are a bit of a cunt is so bittersweet

    Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    mully wrote: »
    Liiya if you want to come to canada, ever, you can stay with us for a bit to cut back on hotel cost, if you want :D ... well, that's if you come to Vancouver, Canada, anyway.

    Berk is due to come back here soon too.. Beeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrk

    meissnerd why are you never on msn anymore

    Oooh I should love to visit Canada, I've heard its beautiful!

    I'm hopefully going to London for a few days with my sister this September, but I don't want to spend much because I'm saving to buy a car.

    Liiya on
  • FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I am an adult. 27 years-old and I am an adult. A person with his own house, and bills and keys. I am most likely going to marry the woman I love within the next three years. I am an adult.

    FortyTwo on
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    and i bet you still laugh at wiener jokes.

    in fact i'm pretty much 100% sure you do.

    Metzger Meister on
  • FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Everyone laughs at a good wiener joke.

    FortyTwo on
  • GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Liiya wrote: »

    Oooh I should love to visit Canada, I've heard its beautiful!

    Yeah, but it's full of Canadians.

    Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Gafoto wrote: »
    Liiya wrote: »

    Oooh I should love to visit Canada, I've heard its beautiful!

    Yeah, but it's full of Canadians.

    I met a Canadian once, he was lovely. Thus, all Canadians are lovely.

    Liiya on
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    The realisation that you're closer to 30 than 20 and that you're married and have a stable, well-paying job and that you're the same age your parents were when they had you/seemed very grown-up in your eyes is rather startling!

    Also, my sister is gorgeous, and there is a looovely photo of her on facebook. A little envious!

    Janson on
    sig.jpg
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Every day when I wake up I realize that if I didn't wake up the world wouldn't change a bit.

    Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Klyka wrote: »
    Every day when I wake up I realize that if I didn't wake up the world wouldn't change a bit.

    no! I've m-made a difference! I...

    jennaisold.gif

    Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I no-longer really give a shit about video games. I like them, I have fun playing them but I no-longer wait in anticipation for them to be released.

    FortyTwo on
  • DeciusDecius Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Janson wrote: »
    The realisation that you're closer to 30 than 20 and that you're married and have a stable, well-paying job and that you're the same age your parents were when they had you/seemed very grown-up in your eyes is rather startling!

    Also, my sister is gorgeous, and there is a looovely photo of her on facebook. A little envious!

    I think it's more starting when you are two years older then your mom and two years younger then your dad when they had kids, and you haven't been in a whole lot of relationships, let alone even thought about kids. Stable well paying job sure, but nothing else.

    That's when it time to start making some plans or changes or something.

    Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Klyka wrote: »
    Every day when I wake up I realize that if I didn't wake up the world wouldn't change a bit.

    Time to buy a gun Klyka and take out some criminals Klyka! Or write a novel!

    I had a nilist stage for a while when I was younger, currently I'm just finding the universe hilarious.


    I am startled to think people look up to me, either young relatives or people under me in work. I just smile and try to seem like I know what I'm going at any given moment.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Decius wrote: »
    Janson wrote: »
    The realisation that you're closer to 30 than 20 and that you're married and have a stable, well-paying job and that you're the same age your parents were when they had you/seemed very grown-up in your eyes is rather startling!

    Also, my sister is gorgeous, and there is a looovely photo of her on facebook. A little envious!

    I think it's more starting when you are two years older then your mom and two years younger then your dad when they had kids, and you haven't been in a whole lot of relationships, let alone even thought about kids. Stable well paying job sure, but nothing else.

    That's when it time to start making some plans or changes or something.

    Yes, and no, in many ways it was easier for our parents' generation to have children at an earlier age. Certainly in the UK my parents graduated with zero student debt as they received grants (scrapped in the 80s) and house prices were a far more realistic 3 x the average salary.

    EDIT: Also, again, this is just personal experience, but my parents were actually pretty immature (by their own admission) when they were married, and perhaps rushed into it a little. Sometimes a little more experience is a good thing :)

    Janson on
    sig.jpg
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I realized that I guess I hit my elbow on my wall in my sleep last night and now it is bruised pretty badly :(.

    STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • unintentionalunintentional Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Faynor wrote: »
    Klyka wrote: »
    Every day when I wake up I realize that if I didn't wake up the world wouldn't change a bit.

    no! I've m-made a difference! I...

    jennaisold.gif

    you're getting a lot of mileage out of this GIF :P

    unintentional on
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Liiya wrote: »
    mully wrote: »
    Liiya if you want to come to canada, ever, you can stay with us for a bit to cut back on hotel cost, if you want :D ... well, that's if you come to Vancouver, Canada, anyway.

    Berk is due to come back here soon too.. Beeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrk

    meissnerd why are you never on msn anymore

    Oooh I should love to visit Canada, I've heard its beautiful!

    I'm hopefully going to London for a few days with my sister this September, but I don't want to spend much because I'm saving to buy a car.
    nationalmall.jpg

    NotASenator on
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So pretty!

    Liiya on
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Liiya wrote: »
    So pretty!

    Just photoshop a picture of lostwords in there and you have a great example of what a visit here would be like.

    NotASenator on
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Liiya wrote: »
    So pretty!

    Just photoshop a picture of lostwords in there and you have a great example of what a visit here would be like.

    Haha the perfect trip!

    Liiya on
  • MaceraMacera Registered User
    edited June 2010
    I've been to Canada once

    Drumheller

    Royal Tyrrell Museum was awesome

    Macera on
    xet8c.gif
  • FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I was in a canadian airport for 3 hours

    I remember getting excited that they had different types of crisps

    FAQ on
  • Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I've flown over Canada. Seemed nice.

    Bad-Beat on
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'll probably go to Canada one day.

    Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Faynor wrote: »
    I'll probably go to Canada one day.

    I hope it's not the same day I go. Don't want to run into each other. It'll ruin my holiday.

    Bad-Beat on
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Bad-Beat wrote: »
    Faynor wrote: »
    I'll probably go to Canada one day.

    I hope it's not the same day I go. Don't want to run into each other. It'll ruin my holiday.

    Oh bloody hell, you barmy codger!

    Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Bad-Beat wrote: »
    Faynor wrote: »
    I'll probably go to Canada one day.

    I hope it's not the same day I go. Don't want to run into each other. It'll ruin my holiday.

    What? You'd have great fun!

    Liiya on
  • Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Liiya wrote: »
    Bad-Beat wrote: »
    Faynor wrote: »
    I'll probably go to Canada one day.

    I hope it's not the same day I go. Don't want to run into each other. It'll ruin my holiday.

    What? You'd have great fun!

    You've never had a conversation with faynor, have you?

    Bad-Beat on
  • GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    FAQ wrote: »
    I was in a canadian airport for 3 hours

    I remember getting excited that they had different types of crisps

    All-Dressed are the shit and I want some right now.

    Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Bad-Beat wrote: »
    Liiya wrote: »
    Bad-Beat wrote: »
    Faynor wrote: »
    I'll probably go to Canada one day.

    I hope it's not the same day I go. Don't want to run into each other. It'll ruin my holiday.

    What? You'd have great fun!

    You've never had a conversation with faynor, have you?

    She has, she's just not being a daft nutter, unlike some British people I know.

    Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Bad-Beat wrote: »
    Liiya wrote: »
    Bad-Beat wrote: »
    Faynor wrote: »
    I'll probably go to Canada one day.

    I hope it's not the same day I go. Don't want to run into each other. It'll ruin my holiday.

    What? You'd have great fun!

    You've never had a conversation with faynor, have you?

    Not properly, but he's a panda, what could be more fun than a holiday with a panda!

    Liiya on
  • Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Faynor wrote: »
    Bad-Beat wrote: »
    Liiya wrote: »
    Bad-Beat wrote: »
    Faynor wrote: »
    I'll probably go to Canada one day.

    I hope it's not the same day I go. Don't want to run into each other. It'll ruin my holiday.

    What? You'd have great fun!

    You've never had a conversation with faynor, have you?

    She has, she's just not being a daft nutter, unlike some British people I know.

    stop trying to be British. It is never going to happen.

    Liiya, don't trust him. He's all fur coat, no knickers.

    Bad-Beat on
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    No knickers? Have some dignity Faynor, please.

    Liiya on
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    let's go put our knickers in the loo and listen to some beatles records!

    Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    oh, that's a new one that you haven't said on steam a 100 times already.

    Bad-Beat on
  • crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    faynor stop you're embarrassing yourself!

    crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I like the Beatles though.

    Liiya on
Sign In or Register to comment.