As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Sorry, Venkman, I'm terrified beyond the capacity for rational [chat]

LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
edited June 2010 in Debate and/or Discourse

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    10 pounds of fail in a 5 pound bag

nexuscrawler on
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Dude, Ludious. That's awful.

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    When someone asks you, if you are a God, you say YES!

saint2e on
    banner_160x60_01.gif
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    That said, using a book as a code is a fun idea for a D&D puzzle.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    ghostbusters is never awful

NEVER

Ludious on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    my fiancee has never seen ghostbusters

i work this into as many conversations as possible

Arch on
    edited June 2010
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    That said, using a book as a code is a fun idea for a D&D puzzle.

what a typical book cipher?

nexuscrawler on
  • Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I was expecting [chat]spergers.

Aroused Bull on
  • SmurphSmurph Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I probably watched ghostbusters 50 times as a kid.

Smurph on
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote:
    Pony wrote:
    one of the reasons i don't get along well with neckbeardy mega-nerds is despite our shared hobbies, i don't have the same social problems they do

so, they see a guy who is sociable, charismatic, attractive, and popular

who still plays dungeons & dragons and collects Transformers

and in their heads they're like "huff puff this is not fair i gave up being cool when i decided to be a nerd US GAMERS HAVE AN IDENTITY"
    I have never met a person who has said that.

Oh I sure have. We tend to chase them away from PA because they like to create introductory threads, as if their joining was some kind of homecoming. And when a post starts with "as a gamer", the blood is in the water.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Arch wrote: »

"...which is why I've accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior."

"You know, speaking of people who don't die when they're supposed to, you know my fiancee has never seen Ghostbusters?"

"That's not....I mean...."

"I KNOW IT'S CRAZY RIGHT??"

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

That whole segment is comedy gold.
    Chanus wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    In my day it was the bubonic plague. All the kids claimed to have it, and used it as an excuse to get out of P.E.

An excuse to get out of P.E.? Man that was often the part of the day I looked forward to.

I made a deal with my Sophomore-year Gym teacher that if I aced Health, I didn't need to participate in P.E.

I think it was more I would look for any excuse to get out of doing anything.

And that I'm a giant fucking nerd.

For me it was that I hit my growth spurt early. So while I was a nerd, I was a 6ft nerd in the 6th grade. So it meant that for a lot of sports we played, I had either a height or size advantage. Admittedly sometimes it caused me to be a dumb ass, like the time I body checked my gym teacher while playing floor hockey.

Thomamelas on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    This better than spoiler [chat].

Nerdgasmic on
    edited June 2010

"...which is why I've accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior."

"You know, speaking of people who don't die when they're supposed to, you know my fiancee has never seen Ghostbusters?"

"That's not....I mean...."

"I KNOW IT'S CRAZY RIGHT??"

that is stunningly accurate

Arch on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Ghostbusters taught me everything I know about life

Ludious on
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote:
    Pony wrote:
    one of the reasons i don't get along well with neckbeardy mega-nerds is despite our shared hobbies, i don't have the same social problems they do

and in their heads they're like "huff puff this is not fair i gave up being cool when i decided to be a nerd US GAMERS HAVE AN IDENTITY"

Oh I sure have. We tend to chase them away from PA because they like to create introductory threads, as if their joining was some kind of homecoming. And when a post starts with "as a gamer", the blood is in the water.

one of the reasons I like the PA community is that, outside of G&T, it doesn't pull the "US GAMERS" bullshit so much

Pony on
    edited June 2010
    Ludious wrote: »

specifically, that there is no dana

Arch on
    edited June 2010

Everything in life canbe solved by a portable nuclear reactor that shoots lasers?

nexuscrawler on
    edited June 2010
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    these are some bad chats

2vkaxrc.jpg

skippydumptruck on
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Bogart wrote: »
    In my day it was the bubonic plague. All the kids claimed to have it, and used it as an excuse to get out of P.E.

An excuse to get out of P.E.? Man that was often the part of the day I looked forward to.

I made a deal with my Sophomore-year Gym teacher that if I aced Health, I didn't need to participate in P.E.

I think it was more I would look for any excuse to get out of doing anything.

And that I'm a giant fucking nerd.

For me it was that I hit my growth spurt early. So while I was a nerd, I was a 6ft nerd in the 6th grade. So it meant that for a lot of sports we played, I had either a height or size advantage. Admittedly sometimes it caused me to be a dumb ass, like the time I body checked my gym teacher while playing floor hockey.

Yeah, I hit my growth spurt around 11 or 12, so I was 6'3" in Seventh Grade... but I also still only weighed 130lbs... so competitive outdoor activities and I stopped getting along. I suppose I could have been a runner or played volleyball, but I didn't enjoy either of those activities.

Chanus on
    edited June 2010
    skippy i am so jealous of that child

one of my dreams is to use a hound as my noble steed, not unlike tolkien's goblins and orcs

Arch on
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Pony wrote: »
    Dunadan019 wrote:
    Pony wrote:

one of the reasons I like the PA community is that, outside of G&T, it doesn't pull the "US GAMERS" bullshit so much

maybe these people only exist at conventions.

Dunadan019 on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    these are some bad chats

2vkaxrc.jpg

Skippy

you were online?????

you could have stopped this before it even began

Nerdgasmic on
  • ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010

Everything in life canbe solved by a portable nuclear reactor that shoots lasers?

Yes. And always remember: Don't cross the streams.

Unless it's time to cross the streams.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • SmurphSmurph Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    "There is no <insert noun>, only Zuul."

This works in any conversation.

Smurph on
    edited June 2010

one of my dreams is to use a hound as my noble steed, not unlike tolkien's goblins and orcs

the puppy is clearly pleased

pug: *beams*

skippydumptruck on
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    a few friends of my friends were organizing a dungeons & dragons campaign and needed another player

so one of my friends who was in that group was like "Hey let's invite Matt" (that's me!)

two of the guys in the group didn't like the idea, and the reason given for it is "he's a jock and he doesn't really get it, you know?"

i was told about this and was like

welp

Pony on
    edited June 2010
    I can't believe you don't like my chat

Ludious on
    edited June 2010

Well, you're the right size for it.

HEYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Chanus on
    edited June 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Skippy

you were online?????

you could have stopped this before it even began

I cannot be responsible for creating amazing chats all the time!

especially early in the morning

skippydumptruck on
  • ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    a few friends of my friends were organizing a dungeons & dragons campaign and needed another player

so one of my friends who was in that group was like "Hey let's invite Matt" (that's me!)

two of the guys in the group didn't like the idea, and the reason given for it is "he's a jock and he doesn't really get it, you know?"

welp

Hahahaha people still say jock in a serious manner.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
    edited June 2010
    Zampanov wrote: »

welp

Hahahaha people still say jock in a serious manner.

He's in Canada.

Chanus on
    edited June 2010
    Smurph wrote: »
    "There is no <insert noun>, only Zuul."

This works in any conversation.

so basically with my fiancee it goes like this

her: "oh hey there was no <noun> at the store"

me: "but did they have zuul?"

her: *blank stare*

me: WHY ARE WE EVEN ENGAGED I MEAN GODDAM

Arch on
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010

welp

Because it's not about playing a tabletop RPG, it's about an insular culture in which like-minded awkward people can resent society!

TL DR on
    edited June 2010

HEYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

that is the point exactly

Arch on
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote:
    Pony wrote:

US GAMERS are so much better than CANADIAN GAMERS. There I said it.

Deebaser on
    edited June 2010

HEYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

that is the point exactly

It's no fun when you just acknowledge these things. :(

Chanus on
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I've never met someone that you guys are describing

maybe I'm just too old for this shit.

worked for danny glover

Dunadan019 on