As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Is the [Chat] Black Enough?

• PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    yeah I don't get it either

a section like that would be awesome for expats

you don't really know how attached you are to the subtle things like that before you're elsewhere

I have never missed Hershey's or marshmallows or Campbell's soup or any of those salad dressings.

I don't think I've ever even had marshmallow fluff.

Passerbye on
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I actually like the WoW gameplay. It is just the community that makes me hate the game.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Hey there are people in [chat] right now who seem like they would know the answer to this question

If I have never played a Persona game before, should I get the PSP version of Persona 3 coming out in a few days?

totally

Senjutsu on
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    there are freemason anti-vaxxers handing out leaflets in town

I feel like I need to go yell at them for being scum

Tav on
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    :O

The upcoming WoW expansion is in Beta now.

I hope I get in.

Despite how much I keep telling myself that I will not buy Cataclysm

I will probably buy Cataclysm

Nah. Cataclysm is not for buying.

_J_ on
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    You're welcome, Passerbye.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I actually like the WoW gameplay. It is just the community that makes me hate the game.

Yeah. I kind of agree. Whenever the missus and I play we pretty much turn it into a 2 player game. Turn off all chat channels etc... And we've never had a max level char.

We're on LOTRO at the moment and while the gameplay is so much better I do miss the art and music from WoW.

edit: What always makes us unsubscribe from WoW is either 1) getting near max level, when the horror that is the WoW end game starts to make itself felt or 2) when we start needed to group with the general population of jackasses and can't ignore them anymore.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    this steam sale is making me feel guilty even though i have not spent even the cost of an entire single xbox 360 game yet

Evil Multifarious on
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Passerbye wrote: »

you don't really know how attached you are to the subtle things like that before you're elsewhere

I have never missed Hershey's or marshmallows or Campbell's soup or any of those salad dressings.

still why is it depressing

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2010
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    oh, i just saw the explanation

who cares if it's processed

meh

oh, you homps i guess

processed food tends to have the nutritional value of a slab of cardboard

most popular foods do

Organichu on
    edited June 2010
    WoW depends way too much on repetition to keep my interest

Senjutsu on
    edited June 2010

meh

oh, you homps i guess

most popular foods do

that is what is depressing, you see

Senjutsu on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Passerbye wrote: »

still why is it depressing

I don't think the video is particularly depressing, I just think it's hilarious.

Passerbye on
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hey there are people in [chat] right now who seem like they would know the answer to this question

If I have never played a Persona game before, should I get the PSP version of Persona 3 coming out in a few days?

It would be fine, but it's arguable how much of an improvement it is over FES (the standard PS2 version). Especially for a first playthrough, where its alternate female storyline probably won't have any impact on your experience.

PSP version cuts out animated cutscenes (which I thought were kind of ugly anyway) and the graphics are way worse in general, and they pretty much completely eliminated walking around outside of dungeons, which brings its mechanics much closer to an actual dating sim game (completely menu-based travel/selections/everything), which may or may not be a problem for different people.

But there's a slight gameplay improvement since you can control your entire party (but I think people complain way too much about this anyway). But I'm pretty sure your main character can't use a spear any more so that pretty much cancels everything out.

FES is like $15 or something right now though, so I'd say just get that if it's an option.

Frosteey on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010

meh

oh, you homps i guess

most popular foods do

:(

Nerdgasmic on
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    My attempt to start an impromptu musical scene in the men's room has ended in humiliation.

Silas Brown on
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I enjoy playing WoW when I can play it with people that are cool.

Since I assume there will be a lot of rerolling with the new Xpac we should try to get a bunch of the people here on the same server.

Nocturne on
    edited June 2010
    I think I've just cared for too long with no results. Oh, what, Americans are seen as junkfood shoveling behemoths? Well, ok then. Can't argue, so I might as well laugh.

Passerbye on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    how are you mofos still playing WoW?

I mean.

i don't even

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I fucking hate WoW expansions.

It turns the chat thread into WoW chat for a few months. It's fucking obnoxious. Not to mention that it's a super-shitty "game" ("game" meaning "job that you don't get paid for with chat client attached").

Thanatos on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

I mean.

i don't even
    Self-loathing?

Thanatos on
    edited June 2010

I mean.

i don't even

WoW is somewhat difficult to quit if one is part of a raiding guild which runs weekly raids. It starts to become part of one's schedule.

Once that is interrupted, for one reason or another, it's much easier to quit. After not raiding for a few months, trying to go back was impossible.

_J_ on
  • ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    My attempt to start an impromptu musical scene in the men's room has ended in humiliation.

Bam

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
    edited June 2010
    i own 62 games on steam

i have enjoyed most of them, and finished probably fewer than half

Evil Multifarious on
  • LindenLinden Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hello again, [chat]. I see we are being less interesting at the moment?

Linden on
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I enjoy playing WoW when I can play it with people that are cool.

Since I assume there will be a lot of rerolling with the new Xpac we should try to get a bunch of the people here on the same server.

That would be ideal.

This would be an idea situation.

Winky on
    edited June 2010
    i like american candy

new england clam chowder

americanized chinese food

stromboli

certain turkey preparations

mac and cheese

mmm

Organichu on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    WoW depends way too much on repetition to keep my interest

Their habit to set up daily quests for rep sinks post BC killed the game for me.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    I just enjoy WoW at the moment.

Nerdgasmic on
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Frosteey wrote: »

It would be fine, but it's arguable how much of an improvement it is over FES (the standard PS2 version). Especially for a first playthrough, where its alternate female storyline probably won't have any impact on your experience.

PSP version cuts out animated cutscenes (which I thought were kind of ugly anyway) and the graphics are way worse in general, and they pretty much completely eliminated walking around outside of dungeons, which brings its mechanics much closer to an actual dating sim game (completely menu-based travel/selections/everything), which may or may not be a problem for different people.

But there's a slight gameplay improvement since you can control your entire party (but I think people complain way too much about this anyway). But I'm pretty sure your main character can't use a spear any more so that pretty much cancels everything out.

FES is like $15 or something right now though, so I'd say just get that if it's an option.

EVERYONE ELSE JUST SAID YES WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE SO COMPLICATED

Actually those are good points. I will read more into what the changes are, although it sounds like the things they took out probably wouldn't bother me. Also some games I just think are suited better for handhelds than the console, and the PS2 is currently in my brother's room, but I will take what you said into consideration.

Nocturne on
    edited June 2010
    Thanatos wrote: »

It turns the chat thread into WoW chat for a few months. It's fucking obnoxious. Not to mention that it's a super-shitty "game" ("game" meaning "job that you don't get paid for with chat client attached").

I don't think it is fair to make a distinction between "WoW" and other "games" with regard to the "job" sort of thing. Any game will require some time and a schedule.

I'm probably going to pick up Puzzle Quest 2 once it is out for DS, and that'll have some job-esque aspects insofar as i'll be playing it a lot.

It's just that i won't have to be online at specific times to help a bunch of jackasses wipe for 3 - 4 hours a night.

_J_ on
    edited June 2010
    Tim are you still around?

Passerbye on
    edited June 2010
    Linden wrote: »

We could add some ducks.

Ducks always spice things up.

_J_ on
    edited June 2010

meh

oh, you homps i guess

most popular foods do

oh

i guess i misunderstood you

Organichu on
    edited June 2010
    _J_ wrote: »

I don't think it is fair to make a distinction between "WoW" and other "games" with regard to the "job" sort of thing. Any game will require some time and a schedule.

I'm probably going to pick up Puzzle Quest 2 once it is out for DS, and that'll have some job-esque aspects insofar as i'll be playing it a lot.

It's just that i won't have to be online at specific times to help a bunch of jackasses wipe for 3 - 4 hours a night.

except that other games that require time usually let you spend that time doing something that is, in itself, entertaining or at least interesting

Evil Multifarious on
  • LindenLinden Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

We could add some ducks.

Ducks always spice things up.

Ducks as ducks, or ducks as foods? I would prefer the former.

Linden on
  • IsidoreIsidore Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

I mean.

i don't even

WoW is somewhat difficult to quit if one is part of a raiding guild which runs weekly raids. It starts to become part of one's schedule.

Once that is interrupted, for one reason or another, it's much easier to quit. After not raiding for a few months, trying to go back was impossible.

I did the exact same thing. Plus my grades shot up after I quit, to the point where I'm thinking of actually doing a masters degree once I've finished my undergraduate one.

Isidore on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

seriously.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Not being able to use lances is a huge problem Nocturne : (

Frosteey on
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

Just back up a couple pages and reply to my posts about books on the Bronze Age in the ancient near east. Or about that computer program for translating Ugaritic.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
This discussion has been closed.