As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] [Chat]tlenet 2.0

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I always find it kind of mind boggling that they can't find someone who writes english fluently to do these emails

They probably figure that since the vast majority of WoW's player base wriets liek dis d00d ololol findign sum1 how can wright flunt engilsh isnt forth teh efort roflz

reVerse on
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    That hurt my brain to read Reverse.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    McDudersteinMcDuderstein Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    reVerse wrote: »
    I always find it kind of mind boggling that they can't find someone who writes english fluently to do these emails

They probably figure that since the vast majority of WoW's player base wriets liek dis d00d ololol findign sum1 how can wright flunt engilsh isnt forth teh efort roflz

My brain just shat itself.

McDuderstein on
  • Options
    BloodshedBloodshed I smoke my friends Down to the FilterRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Damn I was hoping you'd slip "lose" spelled "loose" in there.

Bloodshed on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    no1 is prefect d00d chillzorz lol

reVerse on
  • Options
    BloodshedBloodshed I smoke my friends Down to the FilterRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Haha, I lol'd. Thanks for that.

u mad bro? lolz

Bloodshed on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    i.e. hey chinese jerkhackers: I can write fluent english and will do your phishing emails for a pittance! please hire me

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    i.e. hey chinese jerkhackers: I can write fluent english and will do your phishing emails for a pittance! please hire me

Actually, I'd probably do it for like 5 or 10k gold, because a) no one I know, or care about, is stupid enough to actually fall for one, and b) I'll never, ever, actually farm 5k gold for myself (which is why none of my 80's have an epic flier).

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Noisymunk wrote: »
    Found this in my spam folder today and had a good laugh.
    Greetings!

Recently, the problem of account invasion is getting worse and worse which cause enormous player¡¯s equipments and virtual
    currency stolen. This severely damages the benefits of mass players, also causes our company lose a lot of customers.

Our company has to adopt some measures to safeguard our common benefits in order to strengthen the safety of mass
    players'accounts, and firmly resist the account to be stolen again.Through our company's research and investigation to xxx
    customers,we will make the following decisions: we launch a package of updated code strengthen system and dynamic code
    protection card which can effectively prevent the accounts invaded. We will send this package of code protection system to
    players free of charge.

Please open this connection: (Obvious haxxor link removed...they spelled it "batt1e dot net")

If your account passes the check successfully, we will send this package of dynamic code protection card to you in the form
    of e-mail.

In 3 days after you receiving the e-mail, if you don't submit your information, we have right to freeze your account, every
    player is obligated to protect the safety of the account. You must work together with us to be determined to crack down all
    the behaviors of destroying games.

If you had already authenticator your account, please disregard this automatic notification.

Regards,

The World of Warcraft Support Team
    Blizzard Entertainment

My favorite part is the "You must work together with us to be determined to crack down all the behaviors of destroying games."
    My favorite part is this: "If you had already authenticator your account, please disregard this automatic notification."

Uh, if you have an authenticator, don't bother giving us your account and password at our phishing site since we won't be able to do anything with it.

forty on
  • Options
    AsumaAsuma Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    McAllen wrote: »
    Is Azeroth going to be tuned for 1-60 again or some are 1-60 and revamped zones are 80-85?

EIther way I'm going to be nusting buts as a Goblin name Jawa. I have the name just for this occasion.

Some are 1-60 and the new zones will be 80-85. The 1-60s will have completely redone quests, rewards, and flow. They've also promised to greatly reduce cross-continent quest ping pong i.e. it will be possible to level entirely on one continent through quest chains if you so desire.

Asuma on
    "Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right, you meet the same idiots coming around from the left." -- Clint Eastwood ***
  • Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    McAllen wrote: »
    Mutilate wrote: »
    All gear is throw away in this game. End game gear simply lasts longer before it's replaced. Since the argument is being made that raiding for gear is the reason people raid then I have to ask... if gear is really whats important to you why the hate when new better gear is offered? Is it really because the color of the text is different?

1): It is highly irritating that the gear I (effectively) work a non-paying part-time job to earn will be immediately voided.
    2): The new, revamped Azeroth makes leveling alts now stupid.
    3): I've already got Kingslayer, so really the only thing to do now is grind for rep, mounts, achievements, or titles.
    4): In conclusion, I just paid for six months of an account that offers little compelling reason to log in.

Is Azeroth going to be tuned for 1-60 again or some are 1-60 and revamped zones are 80-85?

EIther way I'm going to be nusting buts as a Goblin name Jawa. I have the name just for this occasion.

My understanding is that the whole "revamped" world is 1-60. Some zones are changing quite a bit and the "right" levels for those zones are changing accordingly (like the lower half of the Barrens). The only new zones that are part of the 1-60 process are the ones being introduced for the new races. All other new zones will be part of the 78-85 leveling process.

I believe I also read somewhere that the leveling curve will be such that you can go 1-60 on either Kalimdor or Eastern Kingdoms without having to go back and forth when a zone runs out of quests.

Vincent Grayson on
  • Options
    AsumaAsuma Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Or one could click the catalcysm linky from WoW Wiki.

Asuma on
    "Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right, you meet the same idiots coming around from the left." -- Clint Eastwood ***
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Well, remember, a lot of zones are being split up as well. Stranglethorn for instance. And the split won't be right along leveling lines. It's quite possible the north part of STV could stay 30'ish, but the bottom part could become a 50+ zone. There was actually a diagram of this somewhere, I think from BlizzConn? Where they show the new leveling progression for each continent.

e: There it is, Asuma just posted it. On that page it shows the new level progression diagrams.

GnomeTank on
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    When the old world quest exp was doubled it basically fixed the southern barrens weird level difference and actually made it not the worst place in the world to level.

My most recent horde leveling basically went durotar, rfc,deadmines,arathi basin, SM, SM, SM, SM, SM, maybe some RFC and RFD thrown in.

I went from 20 to 40 this week in about 12 hours.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    When I was leveling my Horde priest this week, I discovered that The Hinterlands is Quest City USA for Horde. It's a shit zone with like four quests for Alliance, despite Alliance having a much, much bigger hub there.

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    While true, the positioning of the Horde hub there is fucking awful. Many of the quests have you running across the entire goddamn zone.

Vincent Grayson on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    While true, the positioning of the Horde hub there is fucking awful. Many of the quests have you running across the entire goddamn zone.

Yah, but it's not so bad now that you can get your epic mount at 40. Also, only about 30% of the quests send you across the zone. The rest are pretty near the horde area, dealing with the trolls mostly.

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Right now as the game stands I think 45-55 is the worst leveling period. The only really good zone at all around then is un'goro, and that place can get old especially considering I've leveled what, 10 alliance and horde characters through there?

I probably will go and pvp from 45 to 50 and 5 man heal 50-58 or so. Depends on what pvp weekends are on when I finish that off.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Hinterlands also have some hilariously high number of kills and items needed for some of those quests. I remember going through there with a refer a friend buddy and gaining three levels doing two kill/item quests.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Right now as the game stands I think 45-55 is the worst leveling period. The only really good zone at all around then is un'goro, and that place can get old especially considering I've leveled what, 10 alliance and horde characters through there?

I probably will go and pvp from 45 to 50 and 5 man heal 50-58 or so. Depends on what pvp weekends are on when I finish that off.

Felwood? The Hinterlands? Tanaris? Feralas? Burning Steppe? EPL/WPL? Those are all high 40, low 50, zones. I'm nearly 52 on my Priest and haven't stepped foot in Un'goro (because I hate the place, for the same reason you do).

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    The Hinterlands was fucking horrendous back when Jinth'Alor or whatever was basically an outdoor instance full of elite mobs. There was a pretty nice trinket from one of the quests for Horde, though.

reVerse on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    If you play a physically attacking horde class, that trinket from the one of the quests at the troll city is amazing.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    God yah, I remember when the Keeper and Priestess and the whole area was elite. That area is still a total pita to navigate through, even now that it's normal. Too many mobs, too many forced paths. I was able to clear all my quests from the area in about 30 minutes though, so that wasn't so bad.

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    GnomeTank wrote: »

Felwood? The Hinterlands? Tanaris? Feralas? Burning Steppe? EPL/WPL? Those are all high 40, low 50, zones. I'm nearly 52 on my Priest and haven't stepped foot in Un'goro (because I hate the place, for the same reason you do).

Maybe I should have said 45-50 as tanaris is best at high 30's low 40's, epl is best at 55+. Felwood is just boring.

I don't like the WPL quests very much. Never tried BS.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Feralas has so little to do.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Maybe I should have said 45-50 as tanaris is best at high 30's low 40's, epl is best at 55+. Felwood is just boring.

I don't like the WPL quests very much. Never tried BS.

Tanaris is actually mostly mid 40's, it does start to get thin at the late 40's, I'll agree.

I think the issue with the 45-55 segment is not so much that there aren't zones for it, it's that Blizzard's leveling philosophy when they designed these zones was "Making you bounce between zones that are 15 minute flights from each other is FUN. Aren't we having fun everyone?".

Probably why so many of us over-used (and now despise) Un'goro. It at least let you settle in to a nice pace and grind some XP without having to take 45 minutes in flights and a ships to turn in and/or get new quests.

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Arikado wrote: »

Not for Horde, at least not now. I gained probably three levels in Feralas from the Horde quest lines. Bouncing between Feralas and Tanaris anyway. One of the least obnoxious zone bounces Blizzard used to make us do.

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Not for Horde, at least not now. I gained probably three levels in Feralas from the Horde quest lines. Bouncing between Feralas and Tanaris anyway. One of the least obnoxious zone bounces Blizzard used to make us do.

Yeah, Feralas has a lot of quests. Unfortunately quite a few of them make you travel all around the fucking place, and it is quite a big zone. I especially "enjoyed" those fucking harpy quests all the way in the north.

reVerse on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    shosar wrote: »
    soooo, did someone ask for the goblin voices?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spC9Vtn03ow
    Are all the female goblins jewish or is that just me?

Or are or jewish women goblins? So confused.

815165 on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, I haven't done normal leveling in a very long time.

2008-2009 did two refer a friend stints. 2 manning with a healer both times. Remembering what is and isn't appropriate levels for that is hard.

This most recent round of leveling? Heirlooms and the associated benefits of leveling up all the crafting tradeskills to 300 and 450 points worth of enchanting scrolls. You can do some silly, silly stuff at low level with enchanted equipment and heirlooms.

That and I've now done two healers in a row through pvp and lfg. Quests? You mean those things I sometimes get huge xp dumps from killing out of the way instance bosses?

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    reVerse wrote: »

Yeah, Feralas has a lot of quests. Unfortunately quite a few of them make you travel all around the fucking place, and it is quite a big zone. I especially "enjoyed" those fucking harpy quests all the way in the north.

Agreed. The only thing that makes it bearable is the epic mount at level 40. Doing that on a pokey mount, or with no mount at all, would make me quit the game again.

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    How are they handling the beta? Sending out emails? Does it just show up on battle.net for d/l?

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Oh god that made me flashback to running from arathi to badlands at 39 because i had no other arathi quests and badlands was the only breadcrumb quest i had... This was when you got your normal mount at 40 and before i even knew about the south end of EK. That took forever and then i could never find the connecting tunnels in the dwarf areas. I appreciate being able to be lazy and just dungeon/pvp level at the moment

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, it'll show up on your Battle.net account page. So, if you get e-mails about being accepted into the beta, don't click the links, just go check from Battle.net.

reVerse on
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Thank you, sir.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Also
    deadwign roflstoms azerott lol

reVerse on
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Spoilers regarding Sylvanas and her new "friends" if it hasn't been posted yet:
    Lady Sylvanas Windrunner: Where is that Orge headed buffoon?
    Lady Sylvanas Windrunner Ah, speak of the devil...
    *Portals from Ogrimmar arrive with Hellscream, Hellscream's elite, and High Warlord Cromush*
    *Hellscream jumps from the portal down to Sylvanas*
    Garrosh Hellscream: This better be important, Sylvanas. You know how I detest this place and its foul stench. Why have you called for me?
    Garrosh Hellscream: And more importantly, what are those Scourge fiends doing here? *Garrosh makes a gesture @ the Val'kyr*
    Lady Sylvanas Windrunner: Warchief, so glad you could make it.
    Lady Sylvanas Windrunner: With the death of the Lich King, many of the more intelligent Scourge became...unemployed. Those 'firneds,' as you so delicately put it, are called val'kyr. They are under my command now...
    Lady Sylvanas Windrunner: ...and they are part of the reason that I asked to see you.
    Garrosh Hellscream: Get on with it Sylvanas.
    Lady Sylvanas Windrunner: Very well, Warchief. I have solved the plight of the Forsaken!
    Lady Sylvanas Windrunner: As a race, we Forsaken are unable to procreate.
    Lady Sylvanas Windrunner: With the aid of the val'kyr, we are now able to take the corpses of the fallen and create new Forsaken.
    Lady Sylvanas Windrunner: Agatha, show the Warchief!
    *The Val'kyr Agatha proceeds to resurrect fallen corpses as Undead*
    High Warlord Cromush: ABBERATION!
    Garrosh Hellscream: What you have done here, Sylvanas....it goes against the laws of nature. Disgusting is the only word I have to describe it.
    Lady Sylvanas Windrunner: Warchief, without these new Forsaken my people would die out... Our hold upon Gilneas and northern Lordaeron would crumble.
    Garrosh Hellscream: Have you given any thought to what this means, Sylvanas.
    Garrosh Hellscream: What difference is there between you and the Lich King now?
    Lady Sylvanas Windrunner: Isn't it obvious, Warchief? I serve the Horde.
    Garrosh Hellscream: Watch your clever mouth, *@*!*.
    Garrosh Hellscream: Cromush, you stay behind and make sure the Banshee Queen is well "guarded." I will be expecting a full report when next we meet.
    High Warlord Cromush: As you command, Warchief!
    Garrosh Hellscream: Remember, Sylvanas, eventually we all have to stand before our maker and face judgment. Your day may come sooner than others..."

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Garrosh seems like he'll be
    less of a d-bag next expansion.

His new model sucks though.

815165 on
  • Options
    Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2010
    815165 wrote: »
    shosar wrote: »
    soooo, did someone ask for the goblin voices?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spC9Vtn03ow
    Are all the female goblins jewish or is that just me?

Or are or jewish women goblins? So confused.

It's a brooklyn accent.

Munkus Beaver on
    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    That means nothing to me. :(

815165 on
This discussion has been closed.