As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pre-PAX Magical Mystery Tour: Prime 2010!

• Options
    OptimalOptimal Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    /signed up

gonna be fun!

Optimal on
    Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
    Optimal_NZL.png
  • Options
    Steel FireSteel Fire Gunboat Diplomat PAI MarketingRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    /signed up

Definitely looking forward to this!

Steel Fire on
  • Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Thursday looks awesome. I'm glad to see that the EMP is Wednesday this year.

I'd love for us to do something after meeting up with the CCST, but we will want to plan that. Everyone from the CCST goes to their respective hotels leaving the MMT people. We should all stay together and do something cool.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    MasterHeliosMasterHelios Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    /Signed...since I'm the guide and all :winky:

Good times, good times.

MasterHelios on
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    お前はもう
    死んでいる
  • Options
    MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Decius wrote: »
    Yay! Two questions though.

(1) I don't have a cell number per say. I have a work provided BB that will not be travelling with me since it's Canadian only. I'll be picking up an AT&T Go Phone when I get into Seattle. Can I add my cell# to my sign-up later?

(2)
    Decius wrote: »
    Do we greet the CST as well as the CCST? Want to know if I should prepare to welcome my fellow Edmontonians after their long drive.

No worries about the cell phone, you can PM it to me or MasterHelios when you get it, otherwise as long as you make it to the morning meetup you'll be fine!

I thought someone answered the CST question already, but I must have been thinking of somthing else. Where do they stop and when? Unless it's at or near the WSCTC or close by, and around the same time, we probably won't have time. It'll be up to all of you!

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    mostlyharmlessmostlyharmless Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    us guides don't have to do the sign-up, do we?

mostlyharmless on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    us guides don't have to do the sign-up, do we?

Yes! You have to sign up even MORE!

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    mostlyharmlessmostlyharmless Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    gah, that means I actually have to put effort into something today. I was hoping to avoid that . . .

mostlyharmless on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    gah, that means I actually have to put effort into something today. I was hoping to avoid that . . .

That doesn't sound like an MMT leader attitude!

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

That doesn't sound like an MMT leader attitude!

[Patton-slaps mostlyharmless]

MasterHelios on
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    お前はもう
    死んでいる
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    How's everyone feeling? Is everyone psyched for the MMT? It's going to be a blast, everyone reading this thread needs to sign up like NOW! I mean it, you will not regret it!

Nomad's signup form, do it NOW!

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    GamingGoddessGamingGoddess Profesh Nerd Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Any one have any idea about how much this all would cost? I would love to do this!

GamingGoddess on
    Time off[x] Fri-Mon Badges[x] Hotel[x] Plane tickets[x] Pre-Pax plans[TBA] Cosplay[in progress]
    "Pictochat? No. Dicktochat!"
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Alright so I'm going to go ahead and say that my boyfriend and I are going to this! Hopefully we can make it Wednesday!

GamingGoddess on
    Time off[x] Fri-Mon Badges[x] Hotel[x] Plane tickets[x] Pre-Pax plans[TBA] Cosplay[in progress]
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    You won't regret it, it's a real blast! =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    You won't regret it, it's a real blast! =)

Yeah I probably won't make it Wednesday :/ I won't fly in til after noon!

GamingGoddess on
  • Options
    BrennaCeDriaBrennaCeDria Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Crap, we won't be there early enough on Wednesday to meet up with you guys for the Underground Tour, and Brian and I did all the Thursday stuff last time we were there. :(

If anyone else is going to miss that or other Wednesday stops, let me know, maybe Brian and I can meet up with you Thursday after the rest of the MMT is more or less done.

BrennaCeDria on
  • Options
    basicallygeekbasicallygeek Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Signed up for my first MMT, can't wait.

basicallygeek on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    VT, you're giving me nerves hyping it so much xD

Nah, you're right, it'll be awesome.
    Because we're awesome.

MasterHelios on
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    お前はもう
    死んでいる
  • Options
    beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    You should definitely add the Pre-PAX Dinner! ;)

I may be coming to this, actually! It'll depend on a whole lot of things. I'm pretty excited for the prospect, though.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    beta_angel wrote: »
    You should definitely add the Pre-PAX Dinner! ;)

I may be coming to this, actually! It'll depend on a whole lot of things. I'm pretty excited for the prospect, though.

I was planning on it, just had to wait for details! Also you should do vice-versa!

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Here are the new changes, as seen in the OP:

After 2 PM: Break time, split off into smaller groups to hit the places we missed or that you want to see, take a shower, get all glammed up for:

5:00 PM - 8:00 PM: PRE-PAX DINNER! Thread and Registration here: Pre-PAX Dinner!
    8:00 PM - DRUNK O'CLOCK: Triwizard Drinking Toohnament! Thread HERE (if you're not already signed up, it might be too late!

____

MMTers traditionally also tend to sign up for the Pre-PAX Dinner, which I highly, HIGHLY suggest! It's a great way to wind down the day and get some food, and meeting even MORE people before PAX!!!

The Triwizard Drinking Tournament... well... it speaks for itself, really..... ;)

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    KatherineKatherine Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    How much does the aquarium cost? I may be able to make it for the Thursday events after all! (not sure yet)

Katherine on
    Max sig size: 500x80 px or 4 lines of text
    signature-1.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Any one have any idea about how much this all would cost? I would love to do this!

Apologies for the sparse info... this year we're keeping it suuper simple, while keeping extra costs down. The only cost will be entrance fees into the locations we are visiting (that charge entrance fees).

The costs broken down are:

Attractions/Entry fees:
    -Seattle Aquarium
    Adult $16 (Group rates pending)
    -Underground Tour:
    Adults: $15, Students $12
    -Experience Music Project and the Sci-Fi Museum
    Adult $15, Students $12
    (TOTAL: $40 - $46)

Transportation Fees:

- Approximately $10 (extra just in case) for bus and Monorail

Food/Souvenirs/Snacks/etc:

- Completely depends on what you want to spend

SO, essentially the base rate for the tour itself is around $60, per person (totally worth it!) And then more for food, etc.

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    KatherineKatherine Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Is it okay to just say I hope to come along? I mean, i want to be there but it depends on what flight I actually catch out there. :D
    Can I just show up if I am in town on time on Thursday?

Katherine on
    Max sig size: 500x80 px or 4 lines of text
    signature-1.png
  • Options
    SageheartSageheart Tampa, FLRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Aw, this looks like so much fun but my flight doesn't get in until 2P on Thur. D:

Sageheart on
    Tickets + Flight + Hotel = SEE YOU AT PAX 2012!
    Pre-PAX Dinner | Tri-Wizard Drinking Tournament | Post-PAX Party
    2012 Prime Buttoneer (Main | Bonus)
    Ravenclaw Death Eaters, Head Boy - Ravenclaw DE is on Twitter and Facebook!
  • Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Thank you again for sticking the aquarium on Thursday! I'm excited to go to this, though I'm starting to wonder when I'm going to sleep...

cabsy on
  • Options
    Steel FireSteel Fire Gunboat Diplomat PAI MarketingRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Sleep is irrelevant, it's PAX. :)

Steel Fire on
  • Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Steel Fire wrote: »
    Sleep is irrelevant, it's PAX. :)

Exactly. Bawls and PAX are a combination made in heaven. A combination that must be taken with care, but always in excess.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Alright! So we're arriving too late on Wednesday, but I just signed Calli and I up for Thursday so we'll be there! Woot! =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Alright! So we're arriving too late on Wednesday, but I just signed Calli and I up for Thursday so we'll be there! Woot! =)

I just saw! WOOHOO!!!!

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I'm psyched, it'll be good to see you guys again! This year I didn't go early because I thought I'd still be in my corporate-esque job... now that I'm working with my friends (which admittedly, has its own share of drama =) ), the schedule should be flexible enough that I can make it for the whole thing next year... as long as that business doesn't go under too. =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    psychopezpsychopez Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Forum lurker here. Was at PAX Prime last year, my first.

Just sent my sign up in yesterday for the MMT. Go easy on me, the MMT isn't like Rocky Horror where you have to do something to the virgins, is it?

psychopez on
    “Myth is the hidden part of every story, the buried part, the region that is still unexplored because there are as yet no words to enable us to get there."

-Italo Calvino
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    psychopez wrote: »
    Forum lurker here. Was at PAX Prime last year, my first.

Just sent my sign up in yesterday for the MMT. Go easy on me, the MMT isn't like Rocky Horror where you have to do something to the virgins, is it?

Well, NOW it is! :P

Welcome! You'll have a great time! And also your signature is awesome! :D

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    RisiaRisia Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Signed myself and my +1 up for Thursday. We went on the MMT 2 years ago and loved it- so we're coming back again this year with our buddy PsychoPez! (who is much less psycho than advertised).

Risia on
  • Options
    RadicalIsotopeRadicalIsotope Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Just signed myself up for both days. I went on the MMT at PAX East this year and it was great to go sight seeing with other folks instead of trying to wing it completely by myself. On a side note, is anyone arriving early in the week (I'm arriving Monday afternoon) interested in meeting up to do/see anything not currently listed on the MMT?

RadicalIsotope on
  • Options
    beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Just signed myself up for both days. I went on the MMT at PAX East this year and it was great to go sight seeing with other folks instead of trying to wing it completely by myself. On a side note, is anyone arriving early in the week (I'm arriving Monday afternoon) interested in meeting up to do/see anything not currently listed on the MMT?

There are quite a few locals around who are totally willing to hang out (If I can, I'm usually around) and show the city off.

Also, if you're coming to the MMT, don't forget to sign up for the Pre-PAX Dinner! It's a great cap to the day. :D

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Okay, I'm signed up for the dinner! That's another loose end.

MasterHelios on
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    お前はもう
    死んでいる
  • Options
    LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Me, my dad, and sister are trying to decide whether or not to do this. We wont be getting into Seattle until Wednesday morning, so we will probably have to join you at the underground tour if we did...

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    LTAcosta wrote: »
    Me, my dad, and sister are trying to decide whether or not to do this. We wont be getting into Seattle until Wednesday morning, so we will probably have to join you at the underground tour if we did...

You can join up at any point. This is especially true since we'll be relying solely on public transportation this year, so an accurate count and/or payment won't be as crucial as it was in years past.

Be sure to sign up and include your email address and phone number so we can have your contact info!!!

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I just started up a brand new MMT TWITTER! It's @PAX_MMT start following today!!! I'll have updates and reminders until the tour, and then I'm hoping someone can take over and tweet the tour route and locations as we go along.

MetaverseNomad on
This discussion has been closed.