As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Civic Holiday Visit to NE USA Recommendations

BoGsBoGs Registered User regular
edited July 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
Hello my fiance and I are planning to visit the US to enjoy some stores (outlet stores) and we live in Ontario close to the border around Niagara Falls.

We are looking for a 6- 8 hour drive max with a stop or two. Would anyone have any recommendations of nice / neat places to visit?

We were looking at Hershey, to visit the Hershey factory but the prices were ridiculous for the weekend and don't know what else we would do.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated we would be up for almost anything Historic tours, hiking and so on. We need a hotel though not up for camping.

Thanks

"It is the mark of an educated man to teach without a thought." - Aristotle

"Thoughts are a persons imagination going rampid…" - ME :)
BoGs on

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Which weekend? This weekend?

I live in New York. Don't know too much about PA though.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    You don't want to stay in Hershey, stay in Manheim or Harrisburg (this one is cheaper) and drive in. It's a short ride and will cost half if not less than staying in Hershey.

VisionOfClarity on
  • VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Or if you want historic just come to Boston and if you can stay outside the city do it and save some major cash. On weekends you can park really cheap in the city.

VisionOfClarity on
  • BoGsBoGs Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Civic holiday weekend in Canada is the first weekend in august.

BoGs on
    "It is the mark of an educated man to teach without a thought." - Aristotle

"Thoughts are a persons imagination going rampid…" - ME :)
  • HypatiaHypatia Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    If you're planning any time in Upstate New York:

Howe Caverns should be on the way from where you are to wherever you're going, it's a pretty fun place to visit, especially if you've never been in one of those types of caverns before.

If you're passing through Buffalo or Rochester, stop at the Dinosaur BBQ for some good eats.

Some people really like visiting Lake Placid or Lake George, it depends on if you're into the activities that they have there.

Sadly, I don't think there's anything particularly worthwhile in terms of sights to see in Rochester, Syracuse, Albany, etc.

Hypatia on