As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Prime 2010 BYOC Info/FAQ - REG CLOSED

• Options
    AlphonsisAlphonsis Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Just checking in, wanted to confirm that group reg (for 8+) hasn't started yet.

Alphonsis on
    vhkbviT.png
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Nope, not yet :( Still waiting on final room layout.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    okies dokies. Thanks BR. ^_^

Alphonsis on
    vhkbviT.png
  • Options
    SykoraSykora Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    When and where will the pony raffle take place and from what pool are the raffle-eligible persons chosen from? and how would said raffle-eligible person get herself in the raffle? >_>

Sykora on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited July 2010
    The Pony thing is a BYOC-only event. Only people involved in the bring your own computer lan will be eligible for the My Little Pwnies contest.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited July 2010
    Hot damn.

Sykora on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited July 2010
    ...and I just realized this WAS the BYOC FAQ, not the general FAQ.

But yeah, if you're in BYOC, you get entered into the drawing for the contest. Only BigRed knows how many Pwnies there are, but I'm sure he'll reveal the final number before PAX.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited July 2010
    So it's automatic? Byoc ticket --> Raffle entry.

Sykora on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    It is not automatic. I will be handing out raffle tickets to anybody whos intrested ni the BYOC lineup on friday before pax opening. There will also be a couple of in-room announcements. The drawing for the ponies will be around 2pm on friday.

Must be present to enter and to win entry in the contest.
    That said I will twitter the winning numbers to the PAX_BYOC twitter account and give people about 10-15min or so before I move on.

BigRed on
  • Options
    GeeCeeGeeCee Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Woo 50%!!

GeeCee on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Thanks, BigRed!

Sykora on
  • Options
    CasaiCasai Los Angeles, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Last year our group lost a lot of gaming time leaving the convention center for food or standing in massive lines at the various eateries in the convention center. I'm tempted to stock up on food at a grocery store, maybe storing perishables in a cooler, so that we can skip at least a couple food runs.

A couple questions for people familiar with PAX and/or downtown Seattle:

1. Is there a microwave we can use anywhere in the convention center (ideally near BYOC)? What about sources of boiling water (coffee makers, boiling water faucets)?

2. What's a good grocery store or supermarket in the area that would have low-prep food? I'm thinking cup o' noodles, EZ mac, maybe even frozen TV dinners and Hot Pockets. Google Maps indicates Clay's Market, Benson's Grocery, and M Street Grocery are nearby, but doesn't tell me much about what they stock.

3. What's the feasibility of getting food delivered to PAX, or even to BYOC? I'm guessing BYOC is not an option since the delivery person will need a badge to get in. What if we met them downstairs in the lobby before badge check?

Casai on
  • Options
    fizzywixfizzywix Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So I am making my first trip to PAX this year, and am very excited.

I would really like to register for the BYOC, but have some concerns about whether I will have the time for it. If this is my first PAX and I am interested in everything there is to do, panels, expo hall, concerts, etc, will I even be able to find time to play at the LAN?

Also, I'm assuming TF2 is pretty popular to play, since that is what I would mainly look to be playing.

Thanks.

fizzywix on
  • Options
    HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    @Casai: Most delivery places have no issue delivering to various curbsides, but there's no way they'd be allowed inside, as most convention centers have an exclusive food contract with a different company.

There's a few safeways on Capital Hill, and a whole foods nearby as well. Not really any typical grocery stores downtown, I believe.

Heleor on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Casai wrote: »
    Last year our group lost a lot of gaming time leaving the convention center for food or standing in massive lines at the various eateries in the convention center. I'm tempted to stock up on food at a grocery store, maybe storing perishables in a cooler, so that we can skip at least a couple food runs.

A couple questions for people familiar with PAX and/or downtown Seattle:

1. Is there a microwave we can use anywhere in the convention center (ideally near BYOC)? What about sources of boiling water (coffee makers, boiling water faucets)?

2. What's a good grocery store or supermarket in the area that would have low-prep food? I'm thinking cup o' noodles, EZ mac, maybe even frozen TV dinners and Hot Pockets. Google Maps indicates Clay's Market, Benson's Grocery, and M Street Grocery are nearby, but doesn't tell me much about what they stock.

3. What's the feasibility of getting food delivered to PAX, or even to BYOC? I'm guessing BYOC is not an option since the delivery person will need a badge to get in. What if we met them downstairs in the lobby before badge check?

1) Closest microwave would be if your hotel happens to have one (doubtful). Could ask for hot water at the tullys coffe place in the WSCTC.

2) theres a QFC up on capital hill a few blocks from the WSCTC

3) They cant get into PAX without a badge, and sadly most delivery places wont deliver to the WSCTC. you would have to have it delivered to your hotel room (Most places will do this).
    fizzywix wrote: »
    So I am making my first trip to PAX this year, and am very excited.

I would really like to register for the BYOC, but have some concerns about whether I will have the time for it. If this is my first PAX and I am interested in everything there is to do, panels, expo hall, concerts, etc, will I even be able to find time to play at the LAN?

Also, I'm assuming TF2 is pretty popular to play, since that is what I would mainly look to be playing.

Thanks.

You will have the time as long as you follow the rule of PAX, Dont try and do everything.

To enjoy PAX to the fullest most people have found to pick 2 or 3 "must haves" that you will wait in lines for to do then just wander around (or BYOC if you want to get some gaming in) and go with the flow. You have to pick and choose your priorities.

Yes TF2 is very popular :)

BigRed on
  • Options
    CasaiCasai Los Angeles, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Thanks for the reply BigRed! Sigh, guess I'll just have to overclock my video card until it's hot enough to boil water on. :P

Casai on
  • Options
    AGlassOfMilkAGlassOfMilk Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    BigRed wrote: »
    Yes TF2 is very popular :)

Especially if we have both sides of the room connected (it is usually installed on the Free Play side).

AGlassOfMilk on
  • Options
    BinnyBinny Whidbey Island, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    This is my first PAX and BYOC. I'm looking forward to it as I have wanted to go to PAX since 2004. Does anyone know how easy it is to get around PAX and the BYOC room if you're in a wheelchair?

Binny on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I'm not sure about the rest of pax, but the aisles between the tables seemed quite wide, definitely enough for a wheelchair. I'm also pretty sure there was one person using a wheelchair in BYOC last year as well. The tables are just your normal folding tables, so I'm assuming there'd be enough clearance, but I guess it would depend on your chair.

BigRed should be the person to talk to, since he has all the information on the actual layout of the room this year, as opposed to my recollections of the layout from last year.

^_^

Alphonsis on
    vhkbviT.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    If you will be in a wheelchair you will have a medical badge and therefore qualify for reserved seating, we can save you a corner seat that will be easy to get to.

speaking of reserved seating... im still waiting on that layout :( Im going to pester the guy thats working on it now.

BigRed on
  • Options
    BinnyBinny Whidbey Island, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Excellent! Thanks for the info!

Binny on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Im going to pester the guy thats working on it now.
    yay!

Alphonsis on
    vhkbviT.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I got the layout but I am absolutely flooded at work so I have to work on work stuff and not pax stuff. I should be able to get this up tonight.

BigRed on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    WOO! ITS STILL TONIGHT! IM NOT A LAIR!

FYI Group seating is live.

BigRed on
  • Options
    tektek meh... WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    IRC Group has been started, Per the Blood Giant, people who want into the IRC group with us need to contact me.. So just shoot me a PM.

#PAForums_PAX

tek on
  • Options
    contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    #paforums_pax IRC people, if you want in on the IRC group, contact tek, he is organizing the group so we can then talk to BR. Do not talk directly to BR.

edit: Damnit tek.. beat me to it.

contrefait on
    PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
  • Options
    ValanderValander Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So, for the group seating, do I need to join the IRC group or just shoot info to Big Red?

Valander on
    D.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Valander wrote: »
    So, for the group seating, do I need to join the IRC group or just shoot info to Big Red?

Uhhh you can create your own group, the irc group is just one of them.

BigRed on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Oh, duh. ;)

Is there something on the Intel site for the groups, then? I checked, but didn't see anything obvious...

Valander on
    D.
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Oh, duh. ;)

Is there something on the Intel site for the groups, then? I checked, but didn't see anything obvious...

See the OP... its done via the forums here.

BigRed on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

See the OP... its done via the forums here.

Doh! Didn't think to go back to page 1. Thanks. Gathering everyone's handle, and will PM you.

Valander on
    D.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    WOO! ITS STILL TONIGHT! IM NOT A LAIR!

FYI Group seating is live.

woo hoo!! winnar! Too bad I got confused by the IRC group talk and sent a request to tek instead of BR. hahahahahaah :?

Alphonsis on
    vhkbviT.png
  • Options
    tektek meh... WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The IRC Group spreads.... muhahahahah :mrgreen:

tek on
  • Options
    parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Pax and byoc is extremely accessible. I'd even be okay without an aisle seat to be honest. But it's nice to have. Nice to know I won't be the only wheelchair there. :)

parabola on
  • Options
    pedal2000pedal2000 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So if I have 3 1 day passes, am I able to get into BYOC?

pedal2000 on
  • Options
    mspencermspencer PAX [ENFORCER] Council Bluffs, IARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Yes, you can access the BYOC room every day that you have both a valid PAX pass for that day and a BYOC pass. It doesn't matter if the PAX pass is 1-day or 3-day.

mspencer on
    MEMBER OF THE PARANOIA GM GUILD
    XBL Michael Spencer || Wii 6007 6812 1605 7315 || PSN MichaelSpencerJr || Steam Michael_Spencer || Ham NOØK
    QRZ || My last known GPS coordinates: FindU or APRS.fi (Car antenna feed line busted -- no ham radio for me X__X )
  • Options
    spydeyspydey Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Registered. :)

spydey on
    cp468kw5.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    If anybody sent me a BYOC group seat request since saturday, im going to plan on updating that tonight :)

(I got busy with moving + work)

BigRed on
  • Options
    AtomicGaryBuseyAtomicGaryBusey I put on my robe and wizard hat. Beautiful Lynnhood, Wash.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Even though the thread has been uber-comprehensive so far, I still have a few questions. This is my fourth year at PAX, but first year with BYOC. Anyway, on to the questions:
    • What day/time does badge pick-up for BYOC open?
    • Where is BYOC badge pick-up? Is it the 2nd floor hotel location that general registration is at?
    • If BYOC is a separate line from the main queue line or the Benaroya line, will we be missing out on a chance to get concert wristbands?
    • On that same note, will BYOCers automatically be counted out of attending the keynote if the lines are formed at the same time?
    • My brother mentioned BYOC setup happening Thursday night. Is this true/false?

Thanks!

AtomicGaryBusey on
    fss_overall.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Even though the thread has been uber-comprehensive so far, I still have a few questions. This is my fourth year at PAX, but first year with BYOC. Anyway, on to the questions:
    • What day/time does badge pick-up for BYOC open?
    • Where is BYOC badge pick-up? Is it the 2nd floor hotel location that general registration is at?
    • If BYOC is a separate line from the main queue line or the Benaroya line, will we be missing out on a chance to get concert wristbands?
    • On that same note, will BYOCers automatically be counted out of attending the keynote if the lines are formed at the same time?
    • My brother mentioned BYOC setup happening Thursday night. Is this true/false?

Thanks!
    1. 2 hours before pax opens on the first day (Friday).
    2. Last year it was outside of the BYOC room.
    3. BYOC attendees get a concert wristband.
    4. no idea. I've yet to attend a keynote, oddly enough.
    5. The enforcers may be setting up the room Thursday night, but we don't go start to go in until two hours before pax opens.

Alphonsis on
    vhkbviT.png
This discussion has been closed.