Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Chaos] CitOW game 20 - Slaanesh Victory at the last moment!

DarianDarian Registered User regular
edited September 2010 in Critical Failures
pic490400.jpg

Welcome to Chaos in the Old World, Fantasy Flight Games' boardgame take at Games Workshop's famous fantasy IP. In this game, players take the role of one of the four Ruinous Powers of the universe. Speaking of which, I believe this calls for some introductions.

The Bashar as Khorne
Khorne loves long walks on the battlefield and nights alone with the recently deceased. He enjoys handywork, and has even so constructed a throne for himself from nothing but the skulls of the living. He's always on the lookout for new blood - in the most literal sense possible - earning him the title of "The Blood God." If Khorne were a flavor of ice cream, he would be Berserk Banana.

jakobagger as Nurgle
The other white meat! Or in this case, possibly white pus. Nurgle, now with 300% more pestilence! This is Great Unclean One with the new Nurgle Treatment, and you won't believe it! Have you ever been traveling around, and all of a sudden you wish you had brought your horrific ailments with you? But how are you going to fit it all in your bags? Well that's easy with the new Nurgle (or as we should say, the Old Nurgle)! Watch as it spreads the epidemic over the entire countryside as you pass. And if you order now, we'll throw in this free plaguebearer. Call now!

Nought as Tzeentch
Spoiler:

Capfalcon as Slaanesh
"Working for Khorne? It's ok, I guess, but I worry about my future prospects. You know how I'm probably going to die? Not enough blood left in my neck. You know how those Slaanesh dudes over there are probably going to die? Too many orgasms.
You can see my consternation." - Khorne Thrall

As the Prince of Pain and Pleasure, some might say that Slaanesh 'goes both ways.' His followers don't quite have a 'lust for battle,' but enjoy the 'corruption' of the aristocracy. He finds subtle usurping 'invigorating,' and sometimes even so much that he just has to release his 'keeper of secrets.'

----

This will be a Play-By-Post game of Chaos in the Old World.

Sign ups are being taken from the discussion/general sign up thread. Spots will be offered to the top three players on the main list there, along with the top host.

[RULES]
[FAQ]

OP stolen shamelessly from Rend; board graphics courtesy of MrBlarney

Previous games, aka recommended reading before playing, are linked from the CF Boardgame Index

General discussion thread for Chaos in the Old World is available here

Darian on

• DarianDarian Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    From Rend: A QUICK TUTORIAL ON CHAOS IN THE OLD WORLD
    Spoiler:

Useful information:
    Spoiler:

• jakobaggerjakobagger KøbenhavnRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Still in.

Tzeentch>Khorne>Nurgle>Slaanesh

• Bobkins FlymoBobkins Flymo The Positive Perspective Registered User, Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited July 2010
    Reserve Up!

Darian is some kind of PbP machine.

GOr07uA.gif
    edited July 2010
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Reserve Up!

Darian is some kind of PbP machine.

It's quite impressive. Mordenthral gives him some serious competition though.

• CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm here!

Khorne> Nurgle >Tzeentch>Slaanesh

• NoughtNought Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm on.

Tzeentch>Khorne>Nurgle>Slaanesh

Island. Being on fire.
  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    This has always seemed to me to be one of those boardgames that I'll never figure out unless I can physically see everything in front of me while having people explain at the same time.

farangu.png

Come join my Let's Play of Total War: Rome II! Boss around some Gauls!
  • 3clipse3clipse Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Farangu wrote: »
    This has always seemed to me to be one of those boardgames that I'll never figure out unless I can physically see everything in front of me while having people explain at the same time.

I thought so too until I actually played in a game here. Once you play it starts to make sense instantly.

C2hmw6F.png
    edited July 2010
    Waiting to hear from The Bashar - hasn't been on the forums in a while; I'll give him until Monday evening to check in, before grabbing the next name on the list.

edited July 2010
    It's evening now! In the one true time zone.

edited July 2010
    Still afternoon for me.
    Also, sorry about the World Cup loss; I was rooting for you!

edited July 2010
    Darian wrote: »
    Still afternoon for me.
    Also, sorry about the World Cup loss; I was rooting for you!

Yeah I knew, or figured, that you were in America.

Regarding the World Cup: I'm Danish, not Dutch, which many Americans seem to confuse. We were knocked out long ago. I did root for the netherlands at first in the final, but god damn they played terribly. Boring and violent. It was a Good Thing for non- boring football that Spain won, even though they didn't play as well as they could have.

But thanks though! I don't really follow football, but I like it when we win.

• The BasharThe Bashar Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hey everyone,

Sorry just got back from vacation.

Khorne>Slaneesh>Tzeetch>Nurgle

edited July 2010
    And the order for selection is: Nought, The Bashar, jakobagger, Capfalcon

Giving us:
    The Bashar - Khorne
    jakobagger - Nurgle
    Nought - Tzeentch
    Capfalcon - Slaanesh

I need Khorne to PM me an email address for the googledoc, then I can get everything started.

edited July 2010
    Round 1, Old World phase

The Emporer sounds a warning to the people, and throughout the land they begin to flee for safety...

Franz's Decree
    Discard this card and immediately draw another Old World card.

Mass Exodus
    Place one Peasant token in every region except Norsca, Kislev, and the Badlands.
    Discard this card instead of adding it to the Old World track.

citowg20r10.gif

Tzeentch may discard a card (three in hand) before drawing to five, then Khorne is active for the round one Summoning phase.

edited July 2010
    Peasants everywhere?

Khorne'll be happy.

C2hmw6F.png
    edited July 2010
    Khorne looks upon the old world and sees that time is short! The world must be bathed in blood!! Time to spread the word of Khorne!

Summon Cultist to Bretonnia 6/7 PP

Edit: Sorry about jumping the gun, got excited.

edited July 2010
    No discards. Happy with what I have atm.

Island. Being on fire.
    edited July 2010
    Leper to Kislev

5/6 PP

edited July 2010
    Lets make Khornes decisions a bit more clearcut.

The Meddling of Skaven to Bretonnia.

The Meddling of Skaven - 1 - When you play this card, choose an opponent with figures in this region. That player must discard two Chaos cards from their hand.

5/6 PP

Island. Being on fire.
    edited July 2010
    Can't really figure out whether I should be aggravated or happy about Franz' Decree first turn. But damn I hope there won't be a peasant uprising next turn.

edited July 2010
    Khorne is angry!

Discards:
    Reborn In Blood - 2 - During the battle phase, conduct an additional battle in this region.
    Reborn In Blood - 2 - During the battle phase, conduct an additional battle in this region.

edited July 2010
    There. Do you see how I have helped you in your difficult times my dear staticminded brother.

Island. Being on fire.
    edited July 2010
    Slaanesh is active

By the way, I'm finding I like limegreen for Nurgle and regular Orchid for Slaanesh, for improved readability.

• CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I think I'm going to summon a cultist to Estalia. Best to stick to the basics for now.

5/6 PP

edited July 2010
    Brother do not tell Khorne what to do! Blood for the Blood God!!
    But first a word from your local cultist.

Summon Cultist to the Empire 5/7 pp

edited July 2010
    jakobagger wrote: »
    Can't really figure out whether I should be aggravated or happy about Franz' Decree first turn. But damn I hope there won't be a peasant uprising next turn.

What exactly does it do, aside from end the game quicker?

edited July 2010
    Capfalcon wrote: »

It makes it harder to beat the Old World, since you get 2 spots on the Track taken up in 1 turn.

C2hmw6F.png
    edited July 2010
    Influenza - 1 - This region's Resistance is reduced by two

In Kislev

4/6 PP

• Bobkins FlymoBobkins Flymo The Positive Perspective Registered User, Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited July 2010
    Capfalcon wrote: »
    Even Slaanesh is going to have to double tick to win now. It definitely makes a dial victory a bit harder.

GOr07uA.gif
    edited July 2010
    Darian wrote: »

By the way, I'm finding I like limegreen for Nurgle and regular Orchid for Slaanesh, for improved readability.

Already on it 8-)

edited July 2010
    Round 1, Old World phase

citowg20r11.gif

Khorne (6/7) begins by deploying a bloodsworn to Bretonnia
    Nurgle (5/6) coughs up a leper in Kislev
    Tzeentch (5/6) stirs up the Meddling of Skaven in Bretonnia to disturb Khorne (discard 2 cards)
    Slaanesh (5/6) sends a seductress to Estalia

Khorne (5/7) marches a bloodsworn into the Empire
    Nurgle (4/6) releases a strain of Influenza into Kislev (resistance lowered by 2)

edited July 2010
    I cast Dazzle to Tilea.

(M) Dazzle - 2 - During the corruption phase, one Cultist in this region belonging to each of your opponents does not count for corruption token placement.

3/6 PP

Island. Being on fire.
    edited July 2010
    edited July 2010
    I beleive the noble in Estelia may require further "attention" from my cultist.

PP: 4/6

edited July 2010
    Looks like things are about to get sticky in Kislev...with blood of course
    Play Field of Carnage in Kislev

Field of Carnage - 1 - No figures other than yours may be summoned away from this region while this card remains here

4/7 pp

edited July 2010
    Blood, you say? That's such an excellent transmitter. Here, have some infections.

Leper to Kislev

3/6 PP

edited July 2010
    Acolyte to Tilea.

2/6 PP

Island. Being on fire.
    edited July 2010
    edited July 2010
    Thank you for more targets! MORE SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE...even if they are kind of ichy
    Summon Bloodletter to Kislev
    2/7 pp