As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Where to order some business cards online

RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
edited July 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
I need some very simple personal business cards (ie: ones not associated with my current employer).

Any recomendations for where to order these online? There are a lot of places that do this (according to Google) but a lot of them seem rather skeevy.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
RiemannLives on

• FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Don't you have a print store near you? If you're in Canada, you can just walk into Staples or use their online service.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • WezoinWezoin Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I've heard good things about PrintPelican (though I've never used them.)

Alternately you could just use your local staples (they have online submission) or any other local printshops.

EDIT: Should clarify, I by no means recommend using Staples to ANYONE. Their print services are terrible and often make you wait over a week for what should be very simple 10 - 15 minute job. Most people who use them only use them because they don't know about anywhere else, you should really find a local print shop to use instead as they will almost definately be infinitely better.

Wezoin on
  • MushiwulfMushiwulf Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I've used overnightprints.com and never had any issues.

Mushiwulf on
  • HerkimerHerkimer Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Kinko's did me right

Not sure if you can order online, though.

Herkimer on
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I think I'm going to give overnightprints.com a try.

Thanks everyone!

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • ihmmyihmmy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    we used vista print recently for some business cards... they were a good price but only soso quality (not centered properly when they were cut or something)

ihmmy on
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Wezoin wrote: »
    EDIT: Should clarify, I by no means recommend using Staples to ANYONE. Their print services are terrible and often make you wait over a week for what should be very simple 10 - 15 minute job. Most people who use them only use them because they don't know about anywhere else, you should really find a local print shop to use instead as they will almost definately be infinitely better.

I guess your mileage will vary with Staples, as I've never had a print job take longer than a couple of hours.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • VestyVesty Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Herkimer wrote: »
    Kinko's did me right

Not sure if you can order online, though.

Let me tote the company line for a bit.

First off Kinkos is now called FedEx Office, but they/we still do the same things.

http://www.fedex.com/us/office/

You can order business cards (and a ton of other stuff) there. They have some templates you can use as a starting point or you can upload your own design. The templates can be edited some through the online tools. You can get one sided full color cards for pretty cheap. If you need it double sided it is an extra $20. All the cards are full bleed. They only do flat printing though, no raised ink. Minimum order is 250 for business cards. They will take 5-7 business days and can be shipped to either your house or your local FedEx Office for pick up. You can rush order them for an additional $20-30 (I forget how much off the top of my head) and they will be at your location of choice in 3 business days. There is some fine print to that like the order has to be in by a certain time for the day of the order to count towards those 3 days. If you decide to go this direction and have any questions feel free to hit me up in a PM.

-e- That being said the last time I ordered business cards I ordered from Vista Print (a year or so ago) and they turned out really nice.

Vesty on
  • adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Seconded on vistaprint.com

Great quality, inexpensive prices

adytum on