As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NY/NJ] forumer hangouts and temporary Bogart marriage thread

tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush RangerSocial Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
edited October 2010 in Debate and/or Discourse
So this is a thread for coordinating some upcoming get togethers in the NYC and New Jersey area.

this is sort of a little more specific way to relay messages via chat and hope everyone gets them, so post ideas or info about plans and what have you, and we'll add em here.

(but really who doesn't want to hang out with this guy
3314497375_97928b91de_m.jpg
you know you do!
and there will be other considerably less scary individuals as well! Maybe!)

We have a small contingent of forumers, primarily from the D&D section, who get together on a fairly regular basis and new folks or visitors from strange and foreign lands (like Philadelphia or the G&T forum, or wherever) are always welcome to join us. We love to eat new-- er meet new people! Yes, yes. Meet.

Going to be in the NY/NJ area and want to hang out with people you may have met on the forums? Yes? Jolly good then.

additional pertinent information will be added to the header as specific events are planned, which will include who to PM for their address info or phone number in the event that you don't already have it, when the time comes.

Upcoming Stuff:
  • visiting the secret lair of YamiNoSenshi and his lady IrishRodent, here are the deets as per Mr. NoSenshi, emphasis mine:
    Ok, here we go.

I said I would have a party for D&D and I meant it. So, Saturday August 7th at my place in Belleville, NJ. I live here, in unit A12. There are plenty of buses and trains and light rail around. There's also a decent amount of guest parking facing the hedge. If you need a ride from a local transit station, let me know and we'll work something out.

I plan to be ready for guests as early as 6pm, and I plan on running until everyone leaves or passes out. We've got a pull out couch, a futon, and plenty of floor space for people who want to crash. For anyone who arrives on the earlier side, I'll probably do some kind of dinner if people want to be fed. Let me know if you have any allergies or other dietary restrictions. There will be snacks and booze, mostly beer unless I get other requests.

As for activities, expect the normal geek fare. Rock Band, Smash Bros, New Mario Wii, etc. People are welcome to bring anything they want. I have all the major consoles and there's room for whatever. I do request that a few people bring Xbox or Wii controllers, since I only have 2 of each. The only caveat is that we need to keep the noise to a reasonable level after about midnight. I do live on the third floor and plan to be here for several more years, so I'd like to stay amiable with my downstairs neighbor. Other than that, anything goes. And if Sarksus makes it, anything will go.

Shoot me a PM or email (YamiNoSenshi @ gmail.com) if you'd like to attend.

So far the RSVPs for Yami (that I know of! and that don't appear to be a joke):

yaminosenshi & irishrodent (if they weren't here itd be real awkward yknow)
    Zek
    nexus & tape
    Variable
    spawnbroker & alyceinwonderland
    JustinSane07
    Dunadan019

Maybes...?

No-Quarter?
    Irond Will?!
    (I heard a rumor)

Please PLEASE please RSVP to YaminoSenshi! Yams needs a headcount; as soon as you know you are going to be there, tell him!
    Other things re: the 7th:
    So, we're at less than a week out...:

If you have any kind of food allergy or other restriction (vegetarian, no dairy, etc) let me know. I'm probably going to do a few prepared dishes in addition to chips and stuff. And if anyone wants dinner I can do that as well. I love cooking, so it's not a problem.

What kind of beer and alcohol would people prefer? I'll probably go to the nice liquor store this week. There's one nearby for 'emergencies', but I'd like to get as much as possible from the nicer, cheaper one.

If people are driving, park facing the hedge. There should be plenty of space. If you're coming via public transportation, let me know if you need to be picked up somewhere. Also, if you want my phone number for any reason, PM me. We're unit 12 on the third floor. Our buzzer is on the door facing the main road.

• there are whisperings of making Random Movie Nights at nexuscrawler's place a more regular thing, which could be cool. We also do Chaos in the Old World when No-Quarter turns up, which is pretty boss.

• Also there is some talk from Drez and Deebaser about beergardening in Astoria. (hey whatever you wanna do with beer is cool with me man)-- anyone got a date and a location?
  • More loose talk, this time from Bogart about some weddin' or somethin'. In the words of Mr.Tom Waits, "I don't mind goin' to weddings, long as they aren't my own, I'll show up...." More info when there's more info to be had...

Previous events:
  • Saturday, July 17th! Mikeman's goodbye party at nexuscrawler's house.
    pictures here!

As plans get put together the OP will be edited accordingly... Keep us posted!

tapeslinger on

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2010
    my penis will be a fixture at these gatherings; i, therefore, recommend bifocals as necessary equipment

Organichu on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    wednesdays seem to be a regular thing

definitely should do a weekend thing before mike goes but obviously that's up to him as far as when.

love the picture

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm in the area now!

I'm here!

I'm queer!

Casual Eddy on
    edited July 2010
    AND I'M NOT GOING ANYWHERE

Organichu on
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Mike and I are tentatively planning a hangout this saturday by the way, check your calenders

Casual Eddy on
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Saturday, August 7th. Details later.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm in the area now!

I'm here!

I'm queer!

Eddy, I've caught my girlfriend recently lamenting over her current shortage of gay friends, have any need for an experienced "fag hag"? As a side benefit you'll probably get to trash talk me on a semi-regular basis.

RedTide on
    RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm down. Beer Gardens?

Deebaser on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I've never been to the Beer Garden. Do you mean the one in Astoria?

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Yes. The one with the $15 pitchers, not the one with the $18 pitchers (and sangria on tap).

Deebaser on
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ok, here we go.

I said I would have a party for D&D and I meant it. So, Saturday August 7th at my place in Belleville, NJ. I live here, in unit A12. There are plenty of buses and trains and light rail around. There's also a decent amount of guest parking facing the hedge. If you need a ride from a local transit station, let me know and we'll work something out.

I plan to be ready for guests as early as 6pm, and I plan on running until everyone leaves or passes out. We've got a pull out couch, a futon, and plenty of floor space for people who want to crash. For anyone who arrives on the earlier side, I'll probably do some kind of dinner if people want to be fed. Let me know if you have any allergies or other dietary restrictions. There will be snacks and booze, mostly beer unless I get other requests.

As for activities, expect the normal geek fare. Rock Band, Smash Bros, New Mario Wii, etc. People are welcome to bring anything they want. I have all the major consoles and there's room for whatever. I do request that a few people bring Xbox or Wii controllers, since I only have 2 of each. The only caveat is that we need to keep the noise to a reasonable level after about midnight. I do live on the third floor and plan to be here for several more years, so I'd like to stay amiable with my downstairs neighbor. Other than that, anything goes. And if Sarksus makes it, anything will go.

Shoot me a PM or email (YamiNoSenshi @ gmail.com) if you'd like to attend.

Edit: Acquired a third Wiimote, so we only need one more and only if people are going to play New Mario Wii.

YamiNoSenshi on
    edited July 2010
    i ain't stepping foot in that place, with that address

i might be walking into some kind of spectral bride situation

Organichu on
  • IrishRodentIrishRodent Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    i ain't stepping foot in that place, with that address

If it makes you feel any better, the street actually labels it as 668.

IrishRodent on
    edited July 2010
    Damn it, Yami, our plan didn't work. We'll have to figure out another way to lure Organ's organ into my harem.

Drez on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I approve of you guys having a party to celebrate my birthday. It's kind of a big fucking deal.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    edited July 2010
    due to an outstanding warrant in the state of new jersey.... yeah

Deebaser on
  • tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Deebaser wrote: »
    due to an outstanding warrant in the state of new jersey.... yeah

priceless

OK cool so we have a Yami-date! I will add said pertinent info to said header when I can get to my proper computer.

nex has been trying to get something together for this weekend, since we are coming back to the not-pennsylvania sometime tomorrow evening and we will both still be on-vacation until Monday (Tuesday, for me :D)

any takers?

tapeslinger on
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited July 2010
    so whats this about a new york hanging out day?

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
    edited July 2010
    You should change the thread title to read "the threat of of hanging out with other forumers in the [NY/NJ] metro area".

Drez on
  • retrovmretrovm Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    i'm in nj/ny. how exciting!

retrovm on
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    fucker

Sure, have a party while I can't come

:x

:x :x :x

AFTER EVERYTHING I DID FOR YOU YAMI

THE BODIES I DISPOSED FOR YOU

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Thread is updated! Synchronize your timexes and gussy yourselves up folks!

syndalis wrote: »

we're totally trying to put some together

retrovm wrote: »

yes!! we need more chicks srsly, right now it's just me, hakks, and the irishrodent trying to fend em all off with sticks I tell ya! sticks!

Hakkekage wrote: »
    fucker

Sure, have a party while I can't come

:x

:x :x :x

AFTER EVERYTHING I DID FOR YOU YAMI

THE BODIES I DISPOSED FOR YOU

we will have a party after I kidnap you back again hakks
    promise
    <3

tapeslinger on
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    i can do this

i can make it happen

Zek on
    edited July 2010
    Zek wrote: »
    i can do this

i can make it happen

o rly

tapeslinger on
  • retrovmretrovm Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

yes!! we need more chicks srsly, right now it's just me, hakks, and the irishrodent trying to fend em all off with sticks I tell ya! sticks!

right on!

retrovm on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    that guy in the OP is sexy as hell man

nexuscrawler on
    edited July 2010

this would explain why you keep opening up my flickr page
    and masturbating

tapeslinger on
    edited July 2010

maybe you should do him

Hakkekage on
    edited July 2010

and masturbating

its the cat pictures i swear!

nexuscrawler on
    edited July 2010

and masturbating

its the cat pictures i swear!

at least it's not the knitting

tapeslinger on
    edited July 2010

right on!

let us know if/when you will be dropping by and PM the appropriate host/ess for relevant info :D

tapeslinger on
    edited July 2010
    Hangout my place Sat night(or earlier)

to bid Mikeman Adeiu!

nexuscrawler on
    edited July 2010
    Thread is updated with relevant info

everyone planning to molest mike before he leaves us all forever, know this
    there will be a line

tapeslinger on
    edited July 2010
    :(

Call me during this party

I want to join in the goodbye orgy

Hakkekage on
    edited July 2010
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    :(

Call me during this party

I want to join in the goodbye orgy

Am I reading this right cause it looks to me like you are propositioning us for phone sex

tapeslinger on
    edited July 2010
    Skype call and uStream webcast. Make it happen.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    saturday is the 17th.

I'm not free this weekend but I'm eyeing the 7th.

probably won't know till the end of the month.

Dunadan019 on
    edited July 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    saturday is the 17th.

I'm not free this weekend but I'm eyeing the 7th.

probably won't know till the end of the month.

you are way better at reading calendars than I am
    I looked at mine 3 times and kept right on trucking with 18th when I made that edit at like 3 AM

It is fixed and I credit your good name with the restoration of order amid the din, Mr Duna!

Hope you can make it on the 7th, we were wondering if we'd ever coax you out to a hangout one of these days.

tapeslinger on
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    what time saturday you poopies

and can i sleep there

right now i am homeless

for real

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
    edited July 2010
    what time saturday you poopies

and can i sleep there

right now i am homeless

for real

shaz!
    there is always room for you here, bud

probably 7-8ish on Saturday, and for the folks who stay over there is a good chance that we will be staggering down to the Brownstone for some serious mother goosing pancakes

tapeslinger on