As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MSPA: Hivebent - Vriska Killed Dumbledore

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Though actually, looking at it, despite the frog tower being in exactly the same position, the lower picture only has 5 while the upper is obviously 6.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I think probably everyone else who tried playing the game didn't figure it out and they all died in meteor showers.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Umaro wrote: »
    I'm thinking it doesn't matter how many host/client chains there ultimately are

each planet gets one and only one version of skaia

Isn't it implied that there are more players from earth than just our four?

Dunno. The kids might just be under the impression that they are playing a game that was released to a large number of people.

This has long since to turned out to be a lot more than a game, so I'm doubting everything is as the kids originally suspected.

IIRC Rose found useless FAQs from other players right?

Zek on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Though actually, looking at it, despite the frog tower being in exactly the perspective, the lower picture only has 5 while the upper is obviously 6.

Are all of the trolls accounted for in the veil? Have we seen all of them? One troll probably doesn't successfully enter the Medium.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Sal wrote: »

I don't think that's right

There's a bunch of other people playing on Earth and presumably at least some of them managed to enter the medium before the meteors hit

Wait what? There are?

There should be, unless all of the fanfare associated with the beta of SBURB is restricted solely to the kids. There was an issue of that gaming magazine that covered it, right? Rose thought other people were playing it because she wrote the FAQ for it.

Other kids were playing it and writing FAQs, but none of the FAQ writers at least ever got past making the item that would transfer them to the Medium.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Though actually, looking at it, despite the frog tower being in exactly the same position, the lower picture only has 5 while the upper is obviously 6.

the temples are in the same perspective, but the towers have rotated

I'm thinking there's still six, just one is behind the temple

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

the temples are in the same perspective, but the towers have rotated

I'm thinking there's still six, just one is behind the temple

yeah that was what I thought originally, but why would the towers be in a different position at all? though maybe I'm thinking about it too hard. theres as much reason for them to be in a different position as not.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    TheExAmTheExAm Gerrymandered your districts Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Sal wrote: »

I don't think that's right

There's a bunch of other people playing on Earth and presumably at least some of them managed to enter the medium before the meteors hit

Wait what? There are?

There should be, unless all of the fanfare associated with the beta of SBURB is restricted solely to the kids. There was an issue of that gaming magazine that covered it, right? Rose thought other people were playing it because she wrote the FAQ for it.
    She also read incomplete FAQs by other players, so there are definitely others playing.

EDIT: Dammit!

TheExAm on
    6Jx6HOg.png
    Battlemans: DiscoCabbage | Elite: Dangerous: Aleksandr Khabaj
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Did we see Vriska in the veil with the others.

Maybe she dies.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Well, regardless, the clear correlation between the incipisphere and the frog ruins at least indicates two separate sessions. I could still be wrong, but just sayin'.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    two seperate sessions

or just two seperate host/client loops

it favors neither

which is what I am getting at

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

Maybe she dies.

You see her horn sticking into the frame at one point

unless CA or CC has one that matches hers

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=003615

01715.gif

SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Damnit.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    two seperate sessions

it favors neither

Fair enough, fair enough.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Maybe one of the sea dwelling trolls die.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Also, this page is once again relevant to the discussion:

00874.gif

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Walrus PeteWalrus Pete Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Okay I don't have the best memory, but wasn't it made pretty clear during some of the future-past-present hopping with the trolls that the two teams were going to be two sessions, but circumstances curcumstanced in such a way as to require them to turn the two closed connection loops into more of a figure-eight? I think it was that Karkat had to bring Sollux into the medium, despite them being on opposing teams.

Walrus Pete on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    There could be another four player chain going on but we haven't seen them at all and I don't even think there's room for them on Prospit and Derse.

Bleh, maybe there are two separate instances that get merged at a later time?

Also maybe each meteor impact is a player except most of them failed so they're dead.

Though meteors are falling on Alternia right? And I thought that the game they're playing was developed by Sollux and it's likely a secret so that's likely wrong.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Looks like the Boston-New York area got busted up pretty bad

Sal on
    xet8c.gif

• Options
    edited July 2010
    Yeah I mentioned that earlier too. An 8 player session. If we look at the troll merging idea and apply it to the kids, could there be another 4 player session out there? It seems unlikely to introduce so many characters cold at once this far in though. Even the trolls had a big presence before act 5.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    damn it

post the link to the actual page

I want to reread it

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    TDOT you can't even read don't play games with us.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    who do i fanart

Projeck on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
  • Options
    VoproSTEINVoproSTEIN howdyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Been a while since we posted fanart.

Atyourservice.png

VoproSTEIN on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Also keep in mind that sessions are used differently in the story than how we are using it. We should refer to what we mean as 'instances'.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    You know I don't get why any of this is happening. This is the most convoluted plan to summon a demon ever.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    You know I don't get why any of this is happening. This is the most convoluted plan to summon a demon ever.

if it's even a plan to summon a demon to begin with! for all we know the Medium could have been designed to STOP the summoning, and just has failed every time thanks to the machinations of Lord English and his posse!

even more convoluted!

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    VoproSTEINVoproSTEIN howdyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Whatever happened to pentagrams and blood? Rose would not approve.

VoproSTEIN on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

if it's even a plan to summon a demon to begin with! for all we know the Medium could have been designed to STOP the summoning, and just has failed every time thanks to the machinations of Lord English and his posse!

even more convoluted!

The fact that DD went out of his way to create Bec strongly suggests that SBURB is a tool of Lord English

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I mean why you gotta go around destroying planets with meteors and Skaian defense portals. That's just a dick move.

I guess it sets up a cycle where a planet can become re-used over and over again, where if civilization wasn't destroyed they would remember how fucked up this game was and nobody would ever play it again. There are probably countless games going on all throughout the universe and the planets are being used and re-used with great efficiency.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    two seperate sessions

it favors neither

two separate sessions would make less sense to me because there is only one alternia

but the interactions between the client planet and the medium itself is so convoluted, I can't even imagine how multiple connections instanced to the same planet would work out

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    edited July 2010

even more convoluted!

The fact that DD went out of his way to create Bec strongly suggests that SBURB is a tool of Lord English

Just because Doc Scratch is serving Lord English doesn't necessarily mean all First Guardians do, though.

Walrus Pete on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

even more convoluted!

That's only true if we assume that all of the first guardians are made to support Lord English. Doc Scratch, as suggested earlier, could be an outsider.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

even more convoluted!

But if black is supposed to win wouldn't Lord English arrive by now? If black is working for Lord English then their win should start The Great Undoing. Or maybe all of this shit that happens in SBURB is incidental and something else has to happen.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Tarranon wrote: »
    two seperate sessions

it favors neither

two separate sessions would make less sense to me because there is only one alternia

but the interactions between the client planet and the medium itself is so convoluted, I can't even imagine how multiple connections instanced to the same planet would work out

'swhat I'm sayin'

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    two seperate sessions

it favors neither

'swhat I'm sayin'

Hussie has done a lot of stuff we haven't been able to imagine before though. Why would one session have two skaias, as the frog ruins would seem to indicate?

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    two seperate sessions

it favors neither

'swhat I'm sayin'

The problem there is that we'd have to assume that out of the great many people playing SBURB on Earth, only the 4 kids we know ever made it into the medium. That seems unlikely.

Walrus Pete on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

even more convoluted!

That's only true if we assume that all of the first guardians are made to support Lord English. Doc Scratch, as suggested earlier, could be an outsider.

I won't deny that that's possible

but it is a bit of a leap given what we currently know

Speed Racer on
This discussion has been closed.