As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MSPA: Hivebent - Vriska Killed Dumbledore

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    GA is reasonable.

'cuz she's a Virgo 8-)

Sarksus on
  • VoproSTEINVoproSTEIN howdyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    SabreMau wrote: »
    the thing with the medium is
    you cant overthink it
    just roll with it and see what happens

iT's A mIrAcLe.

MIRACLES ARE LIKE POOP STAINS ON GOD'S UNDERWEAR.

VoproSTEIN on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    They're so close that I have to believe it's just a mistake that will be corrected soon

Speed Racer on
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    VoproSTEIN wrote: »
    Looks like he settled the "first" vs the kid's guardian thing.

Maybe not. Maybe the other guardians aren't working for English, but the fact that all guardians cannot be controlled would still extend to them.

Yes, that is exactly what the update just said.

What is exactly what the update said?

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So going through some of Karkat's actions I came across something I didn't notice before.
    This code, when executed, immediately causes the user's computer to explode, and places a curse on the user forever, along with everyone he knows, and everyone he'll ever meet.

So everybody Karkat knows is now cursed? Including, later on, the kids?

and this curse kills guardians

TheySlashThem on
  • TheExAmTheExAm Gerrymandered your districts Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Whipped this up to compare

NtOh2.png

Hussie's too careful for this to be accidental. Gif compression wouldn't ruin Terezi's font color.

TheExAm on
    6Jx6HOg.png
    Battlemans: DiscoCabbage | Elite: Dangerous: Aleksandr Khabaj
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    agreein w/ speed here

Cilla Black on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

Maybe not. Maybe the other guardians aren't working for English, but the fact that all guardians cannot be controlled would still extend to them.

You literally paraphrased a line from the update in the second half of your sentence.

Speed Racer on
    edited July 2010
    TheExAm wrote: »
    Whipped this up to compare

NtOh2.png

Hussie's too careful for this to be accidental. Gif compression wouldn't ruin Terezi's font color.

He makes little mistakes like this often enough. Once he forgot to draw somebody's horns.

Sarksus on
    edited July 2010
    hussie's made mistakes before, the man isn't perfect.

Cilla Black on
    edited July 2010

You literally paraphrased a line from the update in the second half of your sentence.

He means Hussie said nothing about whether or not the Guardians are working for English, just that they can't be controlled.

Sarksus on
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

I... know. I thought you meant that it implied that the other guardians also worked for English, and I didn't think that was necessarily so, that they might just be other Guardians. Maybe you weren't saying that and I was wrong? If so sorry.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
    edited July 2010
    that's my theory and I'm sticking with it!

TheExAm on
    6Jx6HOg.png
    edited July 2010
    Just yesterday he slipped an 8 into a line of text from Doc Scratch

Speed Racer on
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    you cant overthink it

iT's A mIrAcLe.

i dont really know what to tell you other than its not going to be what you think it is
    and most importantly you will have your questions answered, but they will be the ones you havent thought to ask yet!
    just be patient and be brave youll see
    it will be fun!!!!!!

SabreMau on
  • LilliLilli Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    We'll probably get another update tonight to see if your theory is right! :D

Lilli on
  • SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Or...

Equius has built a set of trollbots

Each filled to the brim with blue blood

Sal on
    xet8c.gif

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    hussie's made mistakes before, the man isn't perfect.
    GET OUT!

Bedlam on
  • EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    All I can think after this update is go Vriska! Fight the power!

EidolonOrpheus on
    edited July 2010
    Gif compression wouldn't ruin Terezi's font color.
    Gif compression did ruin Nepeta's horn colors, though. It wasn't that he forgot to draw them, it was that he didn't save it with enough colors and parts of the horn didn't get their own colors, but approximate colors from elsewhere in the image. Close enough to be imperceptible unless you were looking closely, but still noticeable.

Then he went back and resaved it with different settings and they showed fine.

SabreMau on
  • VoproSTEINVoproSTEIN howdyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    you cant overthink it

iT's A mIrAcLe.

i dont really know what to tell you other than its not going to be what you think it is
    and most importantly you will have your questions answered, but they will be the ones you havent thought to ask yet!
    it will be fun!!!!!!

oh ok
    so the dumbest and most far fetched explanation imaginable ok got it

VoproSTEIN on
  • BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm confused

who's contacting this guy

can't be terezi, since whoever this is doesn't have an screenname

or am I terribly mistaken

BugBoy on
    edited July 2010
    No he's saying that Doc Scratch doesn't have an account name

Speed Racer on
  • Sir Red of the MantiSir Red of the Manti Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    you cant overthink it

iT's A mIrAcLe.

The rules for fizzbin were intended to be complex, so that Kirk could lull his audience into lowering their defenses long enough to be overwhelmed.
    • The game can be played with a standard Earth deck of cards, despite the slightly differing deck on Beta Antares IV.
    • Each player gets six cards, except for the player on the dealer's right, who gets seven.
    • The second card is turned up, except on Tuesdays.
    • Two jacks are a "half-fizzbin".
    • If you have a half-fizzbin:
      • a third jack is a "shralk" and results in disqualification
      • one wants a king and a deuce, except at night, when one wants a queen and a four
      • if a king had been dealt, the player would get another card, except when it is dark, in which case he'd have to give it back.
    • The top hand is a "royal fizzbin", but the odds against getting one are said to be "astronomical".

Sir Red of the Manti on
    edited July 2010
    Gif compression did ruin Nepeta's horn colors, though. It wasn't that he forgot to draw them, it was that he didn't save it with enough colors and parts of the horn didn't get their own colors, but approximate colors from elsewhere in the image. Close enough to be imperceptible unless you were looking closely, but still noticeable.

No he forgot to draw somebody's horns one other time, I don't remember when.
    BugBoy wrote: »
    I'm confused

He, as in Doc Scratch, doesn't have a screen name. When you see him talk to someone there is no screen name.

Sarksus on
    edited July 2010

Then he went back and resaved it with different settings and they showed fine.

Alright, maybe. Still, the difference is significant enough to be noticeable, and that's got me going on this.

TheExAm on
    6Jx6HOg.png
  • BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    BugBoy wrote: »
    I'm confused

He, as in Doc Scratch, doesn't have a screen name. When you see him talk to someone there is no screen name.

oh

the narration sometimes gets confusing

BugBoy on
  • Darth AardvarkDarth Aardvark Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Sal wrote: »
    Looks like the Boston-New York area got busted up pretty bad
    That's the great lake area

Rose's house is full of those tiny meteros

Darth Aardvark on
    edited July 2010
    I saw that Asmodeus.

Sarksus on
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    terezi can smell him from space

Furu on
    edited July 2010
    I saw that Asmodeus.

Why, whatever do you mean? ;-)

Lord_Asmodeus on
    edited July 2010
    Furu wrote: »
    terezi can smell him from space

smelloscope4963200rk4.png

Speed Racer on
    edited July 2010

Yeah, that happened too.

Anyway, with the GIF, I found where that color was taken from. First frame is the original image, second frame is #166EA0 isolated against a black background.

foundrs.gif

With the room having lots and lots of shades (by using a photograph as a base), the GIF compression, saving at 64 colors, was rather selective, thought Terezi's symbol wouldn't lose too much by being shoehorned into that particular color, and shipped it out the door like that.

SabreMau on
  • SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Sal wrote: »
    Looks like the Boston-New York area got busted up pretty bad
    That's the great lake area

Rose's house is full of those tiny meteros

Look at the coast duder

There's a bunch of red there

Sal on
    xet8c.gif

edited July 2010
    I just had a friendship aneurysm I mean a seizure.

Sarksus on
    edited July 2010
    Hmm. Wonder if being part of the Medium's game give the players a measure of power over the First Guardian. Thus why Vriska can be almost beating him and why Terezi can contact him despite his communication via typewriter. (this is a ridiculous stretch but what he hell)

Cilla Black on
  • ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    i was just about to do that, sabre

just not as fancy

Projeck on
    edited July 2010

Yeah, that happened too.

Anyway, with the GIF, I found where that color was taken from. First frame is the original image, second frame is #166EA0 isolated against a black background.
    foundrs.gif

With the room having lots and lots of shades (by using a photograph as a base), the GIF compression, saving at 64 colors, was rather selective, thought Terezi's symbol wouldn't lose too much by being shoehorned into that particular color, and shipped it out the door like that.
    Andrew is well aware of how much his fans can obsess over text color; I don't think he willingly let this one slide, if it is a mistake. More likely he didn't notice anything. If he had, he would surely have fixed it before upload.

TheExAm on
    6Jx6HOg.png
    edited July 2010
    Just because Hussie knows about his fans doesn't mean he molds his actions to accommodate them. Him not doing that is probably the entire reason we still have MSPA and why it's good. He does it because it is fun for him.

It will be really neat if it is intentional, but it probably is a mistake.

Cilla Black on
    edited July 2010
    you cant overthink it

iT's A mIrAcLe.

it will be fun!!!!!!

oh ok
    so the dumbest and most far fetched explanation imaginable ok got it

I guess one could use those words to describe it.
    If armed with a predilection for the inapt.

SabreMau on
This discussion has been closed.