As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tell me about old-ass Playstation 1 games!

14567810»

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Thanks to this thread, I just uploaded all my save files to my PS3 so I can start playing Legend of Dragoon again.

How did you do that, pray tell? A BC PS3?

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    More and more people coming out of the woodwork regarding LoD.

It's one of the worst RPGs ever made.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    All PS3s can play PS1 games, and you can get your saves transferred from memory card to hard drive using the memory transfer kit.

edit: one of these things
    http://www.buy.com/prod/memory-card-adapter-for-sony-ps2-to-ps3-by-eforcity/q/listingid/21231489/loc/111/207655859.html

don't buy that one specifically, they can be had off ebay for like $4 shipped and it doesn't really matter which you get -- you'll only use it like once per memory card anyways

edit: and LoD is 100% awful.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

As usual, if on cue, XoB's opinions is essentially the opposite of what is true.

MegaMan001 on
    I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

If loving LoD is wrong I don't want to be right.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Syphon Filter

I enjoyed the Syphon Filter series more than I enjoyed the Splinter Cell series.

There.

I said it.

Can you set someone on fire from over tasering them in Splinter Cell? No? Case closed.

Do you know there's a secret objective to complete the opening sniper mission in SF3 (I think) using the tazer rather than the sniper rifle? Madness.

Oh god, I'd forgotten about the tazer. That was incredible.

What I found remarkable was the sheer number of times you're put up against a theoretically invincible boss only to find a way around them. Poison gas, having an ally disarm a deadman switch, land mines, shooting a napalm tank, shotgunning a dude into a helicopter tail rotor, shooting down through the roof of a moving subway car... the man could improvise.

Stolls on
    kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm with XoB on this one

And where did all these lovers come from?

I thought it was just decided years ago that Legend of Dragoon was shit, and everyone moved on

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    No, somehow, the game is very divisive.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I mean, am I to expect a huge surge of praise for Drakengard or something in like five years?

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Drakengard's going down in history for having the most effed up series of endings in any game ever, you can bet on that.

Still a horrible game, but the endings are just pure O_o.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    There are people who love Drakengard.

But you have to understand that there are people who love Creed and even Nickelback.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Despite never having played it, I can't hate Drakengard simply because of its plot and endings.

Couscous on
  • Options
    BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Couscous wrote: »
    Despite never having played it, I can't hate Drakengard simply because of its plot and endings.

Despite having played it, this. How can you hate a game where each ending you unlock is progressively more batshit insane, with the final one being a gigantic "fuck you" from the developers?

"An aerial combat final boss? Oh, no no no. An aerial combat rhythm action final boss where getting one button press wrong is an almost guaranteed death? Hell fucking yes."

BlitzAce1981 on
    PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
  • Options
    GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I can hate it. The terrible soundtrack, boring/repetitive gameplay, graphics that don't quite qualify as PS2 quality, and archers make it quite easy to do that actually. Also the crazy plot got censored for America, so you can hate it for that too. The only thing that made the game worthwhile is that it made for a damn good backstory in Nier.

Gilder on