As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[mini Phalla] Green Day

REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface RageingtonThe Exploding ManRegistered User regular
edited July 2010 in Critical Failures
green%20day%20logo.jpg

What's a Phalla?

See all the standard phalla rules? They apply here.

The theme for this game centers around the Green Day albums American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown. The wiki for these may be helpful to you.

This phalla is for 30 players. Signups will be open until we get that many and I will do my best to throw out PMs before the end of any days. This will be an aggressive Phalla, but is fairly vanilla. Vote close will happen at 4pm PST. Be aware that I am on my way home an hour before that from work and can't answer your terrible questions until I get home...often after vote close.

Here is the sample Villager PM:
You are…

…a Green Day fan. You’ve listened to these guys for years. Insomniac. Nimrod. Warning. These were solid albums, but nothing compares to these soon to be legendary rock operas.

Your victory condition is to eliminate all of the mafia aligned players.

You must make 2 posts per day minimum including one Red Vote post. Failure to meet activity requirements will result in a warning. A second warning results in you being replaced. No they don't have to be consecutive.

Beware that this is my first Phalla I've ever run. If it is horridly imbalanced or I fail at running it, too bad. :P

Please sign up in bolded lime.

1. The Anonymous
2. romanqwerty
3. Kias
4. samurai6966
5. Dunadan019
6. daniant
7. Sir Fabulous
8. jdarksun
9. Toxic Toys
10. Teucrian
11. The_Reflection
12. Alegis
13. Dogbone33
14. Phyphor
15. abotkin
16. 3clipse

Reserves
Ringo

REG Rysk on

• The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I hope I get to be the SK again.

The Anonymous on
  • romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm just stoned

romanqwerty on
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    AHA! TAKE THAT OFFICIAL LINK IN THE STICKY! I HAVE BEAT YOU FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER!

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • KiasKias Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Sign me up!

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

• samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I am the son of a bitch and Edgar Allen Poe
    It's comedy and tragedy
    It's St. Jimmy
    And that's my nameeeeeee... and don't wear it out!

samurai6966 on
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    RESERVE UP

Like, really, add me to the reserves not the active playerlist

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    edited July 2010
    AHA! TAKE THAT OFFICIAL LINK IN THE STICKY! I HAVE BEAT YOU FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER!
    I beat you by 10 minutes. As in, within 60 seconds of this thread being posted.

The Anonymous on
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Dammit TA! Will you never let me have my moment in the sun?

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
    edited July 2010

Dammit TA! Will you never let me have my moment in the sun?
    Well, let's see. It's Wednesday, so never.

The Anonymous on
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    why am I signing up for this?

well, because

Dunadan019 on
  • daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Oh thank God that other Phalla is done. Now I can sign up for Green Day! Yay!

daniant on
    edited July 2010
    daniant wrote: »
    Oh thank God that other Phalla is done. Now I can sign up for Green Day! Yay!

You might want to lime a sign up post in the future.

samurai6966 on
    edited July 2010
    Forgot. Thanks Samurai. Sign up.

daniant on
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I sign up

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    My untimely death in the main means time to signup.

Teucrian on
    edited July 2010
    When masturbation's lost it's fun you're fuckin' breakin'.

Classiest line ever.

daniant on
    edited July 2010
    jdarksun wrote: »
    daniant wrote: »
    When masturbation's lost it's fun you're fuckin' breakin'.

Classiest line ever.

It would be if those were the lyrics. (fucking lazy)

So every site I've looked at has different lyrics right there. I just chose one randomly. When I sing the song, I usually sing fuckin' lazy because that's awesome.

Sidenote: I play bass and the first song I learned to play was Longview. Great bass line. I still use it to warm up every time I play.

Edit: I might have been right the first time. http://www.amiright.com/misheard/song/longview.shtml

daniant on
    edited July 2010
    Next you'll be telling me that Scott Weiland from Stone Temple Pilots isn't "feeling like a ham and mustard shake" in Interstate Love Song.

Scott Weiland's lyrics go, "And I'm feeeeelin'...lubaduba moshoshoso," as far as I can tell.

daniant on
  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Signing up to hopefully be able to destroy Green Day

The_Reflection on
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Oh dear, skater rock. Well I'll manage unless we're forced to listen to it in order to find clues.

Alegis on
    edited July 2010
    What if we're forced to listen to it in order to find what REG Rysk likes about it?

The Anonymous on
  • Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

Dogbone33 on
    Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    It's not that kind of game. It's just a theme.

REG Rysk on
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I shall phalla

Phyphor on
  • ShushnikShushnik regular
    edited July 2010
    What if we're forced to listen to it in order to find what REG Rysk likes about it?
    I was ...13?... when I first heard Dookie, so I think that explains it for me.

Dookie was awesome. Lately Green Day makes me sad, like Metallica does with every album since [STRIKE]1995[/STRIKE]1991. I can't play a phalla themed with Green Day, it will depress me too much.

Edit: Year updated when I looked up the horrid black album's release date. Damn I feel old.

Shushnik on
    edited July 2010
    Shushnik wrote: »

Dookie was awesome. Lately Green Day makes me sad, like Metallica does with every album since [STRIKE]1995[/STRIKE]1991. I can't play a phalla themed with Green Day, it will depress me too much.

Edit: Year updated when I looked up the horrid black album's release date. Damn I feel old.

Limed for truth. Green Day now sucks. Early Green Day on the other hand...was not skater rock. It was punk. And punk is awesome.

daniant on
  • abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    If I'm getting back into phalla, it might as well be a full re-immersion. Sign up.

abotkin on
    steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
    edited July 2010

American Idiot was a great CD. It told a story about a guy (Jesus of Suburba) who wanted to see the life out of the small town. He travels to the city, a place he's seen from his window and always wanted to go but didn't. There he meets St. Jimmy and Whatshername. St. Jimmy is a drug dealer/ rebel without a cause who believes in the freedom of life without laws. He calls for riots and to take down governments like any good anarchist. Whatshername is one of the druggies that follows St. Jimmy for the drugs but is more of a kinder soul. She doesn't believe in his social war and becomes something of an rival to St. Jimmy. Jesus of Suburba falls in love with Whatshername and for a while she loves him but soon real life and the responsibilities that come with it cause pressure between them. St. Jimmy soon figures his war and life are a waste and kills himself, Whatshername chooses something (drugs most likely) over Jesus of Suburba and soon Jesus wants to return home where life was simple. After doing so, Jesus thinks back to his adventure in the city, his heart broken and his love still pulling him to Whatshername.

I love this CD as it came out as I was at that point in my life where I was graduating high school, scared of the future, but longing to see the world. There are times when I listen to Homecoming whenever I'm home sick. It's a song about growing up and marks the point where Green Day when from childish punk band to grown band for adults. I haven't listen to 21th Century Breakdown yet but it sounds like maybe Jesus returned to Whatshername in a bad time in both their lives.

samurai6966 on
  • ShushnikShushnik regular
    edited July 2010
    Hey now, easy with classifying punk as "childish". My comments were just that their style change makes me sad, because I believe they were better before. Keep the judgments to a minimum. Kthxbi.

Shushnik on
    edited July 2010
    Samurai, I'm older than you (Nimrod was out my graduating year), and childish punk is where it's at. No, seriously, punk should make you feel young and restless.

Hilariously, Time of Your Life was my graduation year class song.

daniant on
    edited July 2010
    Hey now, easy with classifying punk as "childish". My comments were just that their style change makes me sad, because I believe they were better before. Keep the judgments to a minimum. Kthxbi.

I meant childish as in it was targeted to preteens and high schoolers. The American Idiot and 21th Century Breakdown is for the older group (well, it's more for the preteens and high schoolers who have now grown up) now facing college and independence as a person.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, my favorite Green Day song is Welcome to Paradise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR7R9Kuw2fY

samurai6966 on
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hrm. Never really liked Green Day all that much, but I like Phalla, so why not.

3cl1ps3 on
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Not enough interest to get this going when I need. Nothing to see here, move along.

REG Rysk on
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    We could turn this into a micro phalla

Alegis on
    edited July 2010
    This game can't really be balanced for under twenty people.

REG Rysk on
    edited July 2010
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

samurai6966 on
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Damn you, REG.

Damn you to hell.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I can sign up again if that will help? I have enough voices in my head to play two roles.

Dogbone33 on
    Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
    edited July 2010
    It's a timing issue folks, my fault for trying to keep it so tight. My Dragon Age mini will run shortly after my vacation at the start of August. Please be on the lookout for that.

REG Rysk on
    edited July 2010
    This was my initial reaction to this being cancelled.

After that: I hate you. I hate you so much. I wish I could hate you to death.

The Anonymous on