As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I need a new headset

Sir Headless VIISir Headless VII Registered User regular
edited July 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
I am looking for a new headset after noticing the mic on mine is broken. I would be using it to talk in games so it doesnt need to be super fancy but i am willing to spend around $100 if that is what a good one costs. I wear glasses and the old one got uncomfortable really fast so I would like one that works well with someone who is wearing glasses. Other than that I have no particular needs out of it. If you have any suggestions I would be glad to hear them.

Steam - Backpack - Bnet: SirHeadless #1154
7KEFduI.jpg
Sir Headless VII on

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I've had this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104096

for quite a while now, and it has served me very well. Good sound quality, nice mike, and the volume/mute controls are on the right earphone, not hanging from the cord weighing it down.

I'd buy another one today if it went out.

Neurotika on
  • Options
    seabassseabass Doctor MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I have this one. The headphones let sound out and in, so you can hold a conversation while still wearing them. They're pretty comfortable, but a bit hot. If I were looking for something very nice, they aren't what I'd get, but in the sub $50 range, they're quite nice.

seabass on
    Run you pigeons, it's Robert Frost!
  • Options
    finalflight89finalflight89 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    seabass wrote: »
    I have this one. The headphones let sound out and in, so you can hold a conversation while still wearing them. They're pretty comfortable, but a bit hot. If I were looking for something very nice, they aren't what I'd get, but in the sub $50 range, they're quite nice.

The ones you linked are the closed-ear ones, that don't let outside noise in. :P I have the open-ear ones, which do let sound in, and they work beautifully. And if you don't want to use the mic, it retracts into the headband, which is quite convenient.

finalflight89 on