As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Conversion On!] Traveller -> Mass Effect

delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
edited July 2010 in Critical Failures
Okay, so I love Mass Effect, yet am disappointed with the lack of a PnP version of it. Looking at Traveller, by Mongoose Publishing (now), I feel its ruleset has great potential in being converted for Mass Effect.

The purpose of this thread is first to gauge interest in such a project (as it is WAY too much work for me to finish on my own), and second to start work towards a full conversion of Traveller to Mass Effect.

My idea for format is that we will select one topic each week to develop, each of us debating possible rules for that topic before coming to a consensus. For example, the topic one week might be the Asari, on which we as a community develop the rules and stat blocks for creating an Asari character, and whether the race should be available for PC's or solely NPC's.

Anyone interested?

EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
"Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
delroland on

• Options
    The EverymanThe Everyman Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    A good idea to start would to be to marry the reloading mechanics of ME2 with the overheating mechanics of ME1. Never understood that when you were low on heatsinks you couldn't just cool them down as in the first game. Not sure how Mongoose Traveller handles anything like that.

The Everyman on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    It doesn't, but that doesn't mean it can't.

delroland on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I'll bump this once to give it one more chance.

delroland on