As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PA The Series : Episode 26 - The Show

124»

• agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I think what we're supposed to derive from the search for a new production company and the rest of the footage throughout the episode is that Mike and Jerry are going to film it themselves. Check out Mike-Cocking with Mike 'Cocks' Krahulic Wednesday nights on ABC.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm gonna miss 2PP, they've done such a fantastic job and I've enjoyed PATV immensely.

HeadCreeps on
    vEaRQgH.png
  • B.C.B.C. is a bee! remember me?Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I laughed so hard when Mike walks into OtherMike's office with the mic and OtherMike goes "Oh no, this can't be good."

This has been a fantastic series.

B.C. on
    Friend code for Pokemon fiends everywhere: Arch 0447-6824-1112
  • FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    very enjoyable series, well done fellas

FAQ on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Goose! wrote: »
    I only got to see the first half of the episode because I had to leave for work. Next season, can you guys include a mobile compatible version of the videos? That would be awesome.

I've been able to watch pretty much all the episodes on my droid

How? Maybe its the browser I'm using, do you use Dolphin, the default, or a different 3rd party browser?

Goose! on
  • Bacon-BuTTyBacon-BuTTy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The parts where Tycho assures us that he doesn't care about hair were golden.

He's as self concious about it as the rest of us folk with hair migration problems.

Bacon-BuTTy on
    Automasig.jpg
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    In one of the podcasts he mentions how he thinks of hair on men as "an extravagance".

KalTorak on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited July 2010
    I only got to see the first half of the episode because I had to leave for work. Next season, can you guys include a mobile compatible version of the videos? That would be awesome.

I've been able to watch pretty much all the episodes on my droid

How? Maybe its the browser I'm using, do you use Dolphin, the default, or a different 3rd party browser?

I use the default. If you "click" the video screen, it should pull it up in the droid's video player.

DJ Eebs on
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Just finished watching this episode. I really enjoyed all the episodes and look forward to any more you guys have planned for the future. It's all just plain awesome and unique and random and perfect.

Really good stuff. :)

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • TheOtherHorsemanTheOtherHorseman Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    When this started, I said to myself, "A TV show based on a webcomic. I'm so sure this will be great. How could it ever be terrible? There is absolutely nothing that could be potentially wrong with this concept." After a complete blood transfusion and stomach pumping to combat my dangerously high sarcasm levels, I was completely amazed by how consistently great PATV has been.

TheOtherHorseman on
  • SupraluminalSupraluminal Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Did all of you who thought the show would be crap never listen to the podcast? I figured if nothing else they could do what's become the 4th Panel eps - basically video versions of the podcasts - and it would turn out well.

Supraluminal on
  • TheOtherHorsemanTheOtherHorseman Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Did all of you who thought the show would be crap never listen to the podcast? I figured if nothing else they could do what's become the 4th Panel eps - basically video versions of the podcasts - and it would turn out well.

"A webcomic podcast? How interesting could THAT be?"

My terrible ideas and I were really on a roll.

TheOtherHorseman on
  • JPSDogsJPSDogs Registered User new member
    edited July 2010
    Maybe in addition to America's Next Top Webcomic, you could do something like America's Next Top Game Journalist. Or have one of the specifications of entering the Webcomic contest be that there has to be two people, a writer and an artist like Jerry and Mike are. I would be interested in watching something like that.

JPSDogs on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    You know I think you could do a PAX episode every season. But I certainly agree it may be pretty hard to do a childsplay episode or a ping pong episode every year may be a bit of a stretch.

The main strength of these though, is their brevity. I mean a regular tv show is 22 minutes or whatever. This isn't, it tells a story and it is as long as it needs to be.

Blake T on
  • HazukiSanHazukiSan Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Frankly surprised that there'll be a second series. I loved it but as Robert said it was very event driven and as such felt like just a one season thing.

More in the way of inane office life sounds delicious though.

HazukiSan on
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I love the show and will continue to watch, but I really really miss the podcast. An hour of raw conversation/strip creation is my cup o' tea, and I wish they would resurface as a regular feature.

Ceno on
  • BoomShakeBoomShake The Engineer Columbia, MDRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Blake T wrote: »
    You know I think you could do a PAX episode every season. But I certainly agree it may be pretty hard to do a childsplay episode or a ping pong episode every year may be a bit of a stretch.

The main strength of these though, is their brevity. I mean a regular tv show is 22 minutes or whatever. This isn't, it tells a story and it is as long as it needs to be.

You could definitely do a PAX Highlights every season. If they can do it after every sports match ever, I think a biannual 3-Day convention spanning a vast array of items, genres, and emotions can yield a 10-15 minute recap. Similar things can be done with ping pong, whether it's from a particularly good company match or from the "season" as a whole. Hell, I'd watch full coverage of a pingpong showdown (e.g. full Khoo vs Jonty match, maybe brief highlights of the rest).

And let's be serious. If they just filmed Mike and Jerry making comics and had 4th Panel every week, I'd still be the happiest of campers.

BoomShake on
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Thanks, 2PP! You guys are incredible.
    Please please please don't go!
    Pretty please?

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    OK, really,
    why exactly is 2 player leaving?

Seriously, is it a secret? I mean, if they've got other projects, I'd be interested in watching them. Someone with knowledge, share it!

They're shooting the live action CAD movie

Javen on
  • TraeiaTraeia Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Javen wrote: »
    OK, really,
    why exactly is 2 player leaving?

Seriously, is it a secret? I mean, if they've got other projects, I'd be interested in watching them. Someone with knowledge, share it!

They're shooting the live action CAD movie

VIDEOGAMES!

Traeia on
  • JintorJintor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Sadfayse! Love the show, so bad.

Jintor on
  • Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    DekuStick wrote: »

I'm sorry, but thanks to that link here, I correctly saw the punchline to this comic.

Sandroids. Brilliant!

Lucky Cynic on
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So according to Das Khoo there'll be one more episode this Friday: http://twitter.com/rkhoo/statuses/19695946605

ASimPerson on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I think we also have one more Blamimation

Speed Racer on
  • Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited July 2010
    Actually, Blamimation Season 1 doesn't end for a while... in fact.. QUITE THE OPPOSITE.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Khoo works Kris and Kurtz into the ground.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Oh boy!

Speed Racer on
  • Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited July 2010
    DO YOU GUYS KNOW WHAT I AM SAYING HERE

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    ALL CAPS MEANS YOU'RE YELLING

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2010
    I choose to interpret what you're saying as meaning every PATV from now until the next season is nothing but Blamimation.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Burning OrganBurning Organ Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Khoo, I don't understand English.

Explain it to me in a way I will understand.

Burning Organ on
    edited July 2010
    To me it sounds like Khoo is saying Blamimations are planned to run indefinitely. Which would be awesome!

Supraluminal on
  • Bacon-BuTTyBacon-BuTTy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    YELL AT US MORE PLEASE

I have a feeling Blaminations will be going for a long time.

Bacon-BuTTy on
    Automasig.jpg
  • IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Blammin' erryday

Ivar on
  • SwissLionSwissLion We are beside ourselves! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Man. I'm working my way through the old podcasts. They really are the best things.

Mike and Jerry mispronouncing chupa chups and Jerry's butt problems make for some awkwardly stifled bus-laughs

SwissLion on
    ImWcN1I.png?3
  • TraeiaTraeia Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I do miss the podcasts quite a bit. I'm hoping maybe they'll bring them back for awhile between seasons.

Please?

Otherwise my only recourse will be to rewatch the 4th panels again over and over...which isn't so bad, I suppose. :)

Traeia on
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, I'd love to see the podcasts come back. They're good in a different way from the show - I like to put them on while I'm working and sort of drift in and out of paying attention. It's my way of simulating working in an office with funny people, when I actually work at home by myself. :P

Supraluminal on
  • machosasquatchomachosasquatcho Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Some PATV brainstorming here:

I'd love to see an episode on some of the Penny Arcade products, like the card game, or behind the scenes on the precipice of darkness game... They already did a D&D episode, but they could still do a Pokemon episode where we get to see some awesome awkward moments as Mike enters a tournament populated by 8-year-olds.

Maybe they could also do a "fifth panel" which is basically just a fly on the wall type episode where they play and give their opinions on the videogame dejour.

Definitely can do future PAX episodes and Ping Pong, even child's play (as a topic) can continue to be explored in video form, by showing what new fundraising stunts people are doing for it and cool items being donated.... or maybe do a Jerry Lewis-esque telethon and use the episode ITSELF to raise money.

machosasquatcho on
  • John MatrixJohn Matrix Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Waiting patiently for the new episode is getting quite difficult now. Reading Khoo's twitter feed didn't help either.

John Matrix on
  • SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I will purchase the dvd immediately

Squall on
This discussion has been closed.