As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

So NA finally has a Club Nintendo: register crap to get free crap

• Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So I decided to jump on and do all my post play surveys that I've been ignoring. It brought me up to 610 coins for this year...so yea, I'm at platinum already! :D

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Rumor is that we're getting the printed fans. Which would be cool because that'd definitely be going on my wall.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
    edited July 2010
    I saw that a couple of days ago, the rumor goes to say that it seems several of the Japan only items should be on their way here, which I really hope is true.

I want the Blooper fan mounted on my wall, it is just so awesome looking.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Wait, why would America want those fans?

RockinX on
    edited July 2010
    Because they are pretty neat. :P

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
    edited July 2010
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

Yeah, but, chances are not many Americans are interested in them... Which would actually make sense considering they may not want to spend money adding stuff that people can trade for their coins and they have an excuse to say "but we do add stuff once in a while".

RockinX on
  • InvisibleInkInvisibleInk Po,OrRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Actually, decorative fans aren't so uncommon.
    In my house at least, my Mom has usually had one or two. Don't ask me why, in fact don't ask her why either. They just look nice?

Also, I bought another one of the Wii Remote holders. The black one, of course. The one that's still sold out and I had to wait like 2 or 3 weeks to get because it was back ordered!

I still have 660 coins :?

Wait, 670. I have another Post Play Survey.

InvisibleInk on
    3DS-3995-6602-5217
    NNID-InvisibleInk
  • VeganVegan Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    RockinX wrote: »
    Wait, why would America want those fans?

Because they're fucking classy and they beat the hell out of Mario-branded school supplies as prizes.

Vegan on
    steam_sig.png
    edited July 2010
    I admit I was wrong.

Though I initially thought the only people who'd own fans were of Spanish descent or Japanese.

RockinX on
  • DeathPrawnDeathPrawn Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Yeah, but, chances are not many Americans are interested in them... Which would actually make sense considering they may not want to spend money adding stuff that people can trade for their coins and they have an excuse to say "but we do add stuff once in a while".

Yes. Nintendo should focus on producing rewards that Americans are interested in. Like hanafuda cards.

DeathPrawn on
    Signature not found.
  • Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Games Dealer Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    you guys trade codes in here? I've got a ton of Wario Ware Smooth Moves codes and a couple of Fire Emblems: Radiant Dawns.

Strangely enough I also have a spare square-enix club code for FF13 (360)

Dr Mario Kart on
  • SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm not sure about trading, but a few of us have given away codes.

SirUltimos on
    edited July 2010
    you guys trade codes in here? I've got a ton of Wario Ware Smooth Moves codes and a couple of Fire Emblems: Radiant Dawns.

I'd much rather actually get my hands on Smooth Moves, to be honest.

Shit's like the equivalent of the ark of the covenant for the wii.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    My in-laws have Wii Fit, I could see if they still have the code and trade it for some others. I already registered my wii fit so it wouldn't give me any coins.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
    edited July 2010

That's not far from the truth.

RockinX on
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

That's not far from the truth.

Pfft. You can snag it used from Amazon for $20.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    If you want a real challenge, try One Piece: Unlimited Adventure.

Shady3011 on
    edited August 2010
    Update guys:

Metroid: Other M is up for intend to buy.

Do the survey for an extra ten coins at purchase!

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Shady3011 wrote: »

Please, I see those boxes at my gamestop used. Now if you want a REAL challenge, get a game that wasn't released stateside.

One day......Ulimited Cruise will be MINE!

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Riokenn wrote: »

Please, I see those boxes at my gamestop used. Now if you want a REAL challenge, get a game that wasn't released stateside.

You must have the one Gamestop that has more than one copy of that game. Still, good luck finding it new.

As for Unlimited Cruise, if you got HBC you might as well import both of them from Europe.

Shady3011 on
    edited August 2010

You must have the one Gamestop that has more than one copy of that game. Still, good luck finding it new.

As for Unlimited Cruise, if you got HBC you might as well import both of them from Europe.

Oh I know. But I have given it thought that maybe....one day...Bandai will bring em here. :(

Riokenn on
  • GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So I know this is for US people, but I really have no idea where to post this and this is the closest I can get. I imported Disaster: Day of Crisis from the UK and it arrived today, and it comes with a Club Nintendo code. Oviously I can't use it so if any UK peeps are reading this then let me know and I'll give it to you. It's just going to sit in the case if I don't give it to somebody.

Also Riokenn I have all 3 One Piece games. The second Cruise game has you fight Mihawk and Shanks at the same time. 8-)

Gilder on
    edited August 2010
    It looks like the Mario Posters are back in stock for those who were waiting for them.

Just a quick heads up.:^:

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
    edited August 2010
    Gilder wrote: »
    So I know this is for US people, but I really have no idea where to post this and this is the closest I can get. I imported Disaster: Day of Crisis from the UK and it arrived today, and it comes with a Club Nintendo code. Oviously I can't use it so if any UK peeps are reading this then let me know and I'll give it to you. It's just going to sit in the case if I don't give it to somebody.

Also Riokenn I have all 3 One Piece games. The second Cruise game has you fight Mihawk and Shanks at the same time. 8-)

You get em from Amazon UK? Im waiting for Cruise 1 to be in stock. :/

Riokenn on
    edited August 2010
    It looks like the Mario Posters are back in stock for those who were waiting for them.

Just a quick heads up.:^:

Woot!

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Ordered my posters the instant I saw they were back, then made a post about it.

And that's my first Club Nintendo purchase.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Gilder wrote: »

You get em from Amazon UK? Im waiting for Cruise 1 to be in stock. :/

Yeah I did, and they should still be avai.....la....ble.... damn. Well now that's odd, they had plenty of copies back in May. Apparently the first game is really hard to find so maybe I just got lucky. If it helps the first game isn't very good, it's somehow even more grindy than Adventure. Cruise 2 is far superior, but this isn't the thread for that.

Sweet, I wanted those Mario posters. I think I'm going to go ahead and order them. I just love that picture with all the characters. It reminds me of the NES Mario days, when he had that art style they used in the instruction manuals.

Gilder on
    edited August 2010
    What's most surprising about the Mario posters is how goddamn BRIGHT they are...

They look like blacklight posters without needing a blacklight.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    edited August 2010
    Just got shipping confirmation on my Mario posters. I'm assuming it's my Mario posters but maybe it's the Platinum prize? Either one is ok with me. :D

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    When are we supposed to get the 2011 calendar? I ordered mine almost a month ago.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
    edited August 2010
    "By December 2010" is what I saw for the Gold and Platinum prizes. I think they started showing up in November of last year, and some as late as Christmas.

I checked my order shipment confirmation and it's for the Mario posters, not the plat prize. Had anyone ever looked at the declared value on their prizes?! The Mario posters are set for $350! Kinda interesting they set it so high. Club stuff on eBay have ridiculous prices on them. At least the ones with Buy It Now do. Hanafuda cards for $75? Galaxy soundtrack for $100?

And this is just plain awesome...

goldm2.jpg
    This gold mario figure was given out at the touch DS roadshow that was held last year. The only way to get into the roadshow was to have a platinum ticket, these were sent out to every club nintendo member who had a platinum ranking. To get the mario figure you had to take part in various events & fill in the form at the back of the show program. If you sucessfully completed it you were given this figure as a memento of the show.

gold%20mario.JPG

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I've seen the hanafuda cards go for as low as $20, and those were club nintendo ones.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Been wanting the Mario and Luigi trophy/statues since forever... or at least, since I found out they existed.

At least I have the Animal Crossing versions...

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
    edited August 2010
    Here's a heads up for you fellow Laytonites out there:

Professor Layton and the Unwound Future is up for intend to buy. Do the survey for an extra ten coins!

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
    edited August 2010
    When is that even coming out? This is the first I've even heard of it.

Vegan on
    steam_sig.png
  • The Littlest IonThe Littlest Ion Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    According to Wikipedia, it comes out September 12 for us in North America and October 22 for Europe.

The Littlest Ion on
    IonJr.gif
    edited August 2010
    Less than a month away and I never heard a peep. Marketing fail, Nintendo.

Vegan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Games Dealer Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Its possible that Nintendo's research indicates that advertising Layton is either not effective or maybe not necessary at launch because its sales are not heavily frontloaded. In the latter case they may do a Lisa Kudrow style thing for Christmas.

Dr Mario Kart on
    edited August 2010
    Heads up guys, Samurai Warriors 3 is up for intend to buy for those who have been interested in it.

Do it for 10 extra coins.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
    edited August 2010
    Its possible that Nintendo's research indicates that advertising Layton is either not effective or maybe not necessary at launch because its sales are not heavily frontloaded. In the latter case they may do a Lisa Kudrow style thing for Christmas.

I know that Lisa Kudrow was Phoebe in Friends, but I'm not sure what the expression "Lisa Kudrow style" means (My native language is Spanish, not English, bear in mind). Can you please elaborate?

RockinX on
This discussion has been closed.