Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Futurama - Bender's back, baby!

• antheremantherem Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Awesome.
    Spoiler:

Spectre-x wrote: »
    You are objectively wrong in this case. You are the silliest goose in the history of everything ever, everywhere, including all possible and impossible alternate realities, timelines, parallel universes, pocket universes and theoretical dream-worlds. You are a nexus of super-wrong, radiating your silly gooseness out over the internet with the force of a trillion supernovas of hyper-incorrectness.
  • AthenorAthenor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    antherem wrote: »
    Awesome.
    Spoiler:

It's also a huge callback to the Cryonic Woman.

fCew0YJ.jpg
    Steam & NNID - Athenor // 3DS: 3883-5283-0471
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm probably a sympathetic sap in that I don't like episodes...
    Spoiler:

And you can never go home. But nonetheless.

"Oooh...the vast emptiness!" *shakes hand with empty beer*

That was brilliant.

Orca wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote:
    Isn't "Your sarcasm makes me wet," the highest compliment an Abh can pay a human?

Only if said Abh is a member of the nobility.
  • ZetxZetx Fixer, Lurker Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    For a comedy, they really do those emotional scenes real well. Or maybe we/I just love the characters too much.

steam_sig.png
  • Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Loved that episode. I love all time travel episodes, but really loved this one.

"Whoops, better bring her round again."

3DS code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • NotYouNotYou Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    This episode has the best time travel logic of anything that has ever been on television. pure love

• NappuccinoNappuccino Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Synthesis wrote: »
    I'm probably a sympathetic sap in that I don't like episodes...
    Spoiler:

And you can never go home. But nonetheless.

"Oooh...the vast emptiness!" *shakes hand with empty bear*

That was brilliant.

Fixed your spoiler a bit. You can feel even more sap like now :P

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Spoiler:
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer I'm Speed Racer and I drive real fast. I drive real fast, I'm gonna last.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I like how they don't even bother trying to go back to the time of hot women who have backwards time travel

speedsig2_zps388d2098.jpg
    edited July 2010
    Man... why'd you have to point that out?

Though Fry not cheating on leela for once (for whatever the reason) is kind of refreshing.

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Spoiler:
    edited July 2010
    Nappuccino wrote: »

Though Fry not cheating on leela for once (for whatever the reason) is kind of refreshing.

It'd be pretty damned hard to hit that time again.

fCew0YJ.jpg
  • NotYouNotYou Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I like how they don't even bother trying to go back to the time of hot women who have backwards time travel

holy shit you blew my mind! Blew it!

edited July 2010
    Athenor wrote: »

It'd be pretty damned hard not to hit that.

I agree.

Spoiler:
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer I'm Speed Racer and I drive real fast. I drive real fast, I'm gonna last.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

It'd be pretty damned hard to hit that time again.

Any harder than hitting the exact moment before they traveled into the future?

speedsig2_zps388d2098.jpg
  • GimGim jelly bean carny Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    My favorite lyric
    Spoiler:

HmHmoKf.jpg
  • RanadielRanadiel Registered User
    edited July 2010
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

It'd be pretty damned hard not to hit that.

I agree.

Hell I'd go there once a Week.

Best line though?
    Spoiler:

• BehemothBehemoth Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    This was definitely on par with the best of the original series.

Not quite as good as The Devil's Hands, but close.

iQbUbQsZXyt8I.png
  • ToxTox I kill threads Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Honestly, I think all the new episodes are just as good as the classic ones. My general qualifier for a show being overall great is one simple question: How often will I, while channel surfing, notice this show is on, and keep surfing?

With Futurama, the answer is never, and that makes it a great show. I do not know of a single episode I would skip past, unless I'd already seen it at least a dozen times...recently.

Even the movie episodes. I've never seen any of the movies (except maybe BwaBB) all the way through, but I'll watch the second half of it, and enjoy it.

Old episodes? Great. New episodes? Great. Futurama? Greaaaaaaaaat!

Grey Ghost wrote: »
    James Dean was the actor, Jimmy Dean was in the sausage business.

James Deen is both an actor AND in the sausage business.
    Secret Satans! Post | Gaming Wishlist | General Wishlist
    Dilige, et quod vis fac
    edited July 2010
    I will say that the first 3 episodes felt tonally more like the movies and all of the episodes since have felt more like classic futurama.

Which is great, because classic futurama is the reason why i love futurama. The movies were good but seeing such a wonderful return to form is amazing.

Spoiler:
  • TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Overall, a really good episode.
    I felt like some of the earlier time travel stuff could have been better, but overall, the episode was well done, and quite funny.
    Spoiler:

I was a bit irked by
    Spoiler:

• GimGim jelly bean carny Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I was a bit irked by
    Spoiler:

It's a bit like the American Dad episode about
    Spoiler:
    , only less ambiguous.

HmHmoKf.jpg
  • BehemothBehemoth Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hmm, after seeing it a second time
    Spoiler:

iQbUbQsZXyt8I.png
  • PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Behemoth wrote: »
    Hmm, after seeing it a second time
    Spoiler:

It explains the paradox perfectly!
    Spoiler:

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Warning: Donkey Kong is not a real doctor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I feel like the lack of writers was showing in this episode again. It was a fantastic premise and it was pretty well executed but the little stuff was still off. They had a great opportunity for throwaway jokes in the few minutes where they were traveling forward but mostly it was filled with nonsense. Which was ok, I guess, but a room of seasoned writers would have punched it up into something really stellar.

They're putting their more limited resources into where it counts, so I can't possibly fault them for it.

easy_tetris_sig.gifbubbulon3_sig.png
  • yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Something else I noticed:
    Spoiler:

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Late to the party and only partially in, but had to pause the dvr to say, woooo @ the 'in the year 2525' parody song, oh man! ( and was also sad that a friend on msn didn't know it was a song before now rofl)

edit: hot damn that felt like full on classic futurama, woo! Paradox resolved!

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    yalborap wrote: »
    Something else I noticed:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

• NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Marvelous episode. It pulled off the sentimentality far better than the last one, IMO. Really felt like old Futurama.

My PA, PSN, XBL, Origin, and Steam names are the same. 3DS Friend Code: 1607-1682-2948
    steam_sig-400.png
    Stack Exchange | http://www.mpdevblog.blogspot.com
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Pow! We took care of the time travel paradox!

edit: Also, the best line was definitely:

"Oooooh the vast emptiness!"
    "Yeah yeah I can take a hint"

edited July 2010
    Heh. Yeevo tried to do the nasty with the universe 3 times...

Theoretically infinite times, to be exact. >.<

fCew0YJ.jpg
  • Captain VashCaptain Vash Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I liked the view of a planet express company that was actually financially successful.

twitterforweb.Stuckens.1,1,500,f4f4f4,0,c4c4c4,000000.png
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Fuck. I missed this. Is there any legal way to view it now or soonish?

• antheremantherem Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Couscous wrote: »

They reshow it a few times throughout the week.

Spectre-x wrote: »
    You are objectively wrong in this case. You are the silliest goose in the history of everything ever, everywhere, including all possible and impossible alternate realities, timelines, parallel universes, pocket universes and theoretical dream-worlds. You are a nexus of super-wrong, radiating your silly gooseness out over the internet with the force of a trillion supernovas of hyper-incorrectness.
  • Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

I think it gets replayed on Sunday. They replay them ad nauseum. I've seen the Animatronio episode like 5 times now.

3DS code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I liked the view of a planet express company that was actually financially successful.
    Me too! Also Hermes on a pogo stick was brilliant.

The last few episodes have been as good as old Futurama, it's the only show I look forward to every week now (until Survivor is back on, at least).

• ScalfinScalfin __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010

You'll just have to come around again.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
  • OctoparrotOctoparrot Registered User
    edited July 2010
    Yeah this definitely fit in with the classic episodes.

Bender through the entire episode was great, especially regarding the Terminator future.

"Hey, this isn't so bad. We could live over there on that pile of skulls!"

the GOP shouldn't give a rats ass about them since they won't vote for them. If someone won't vote for you they might as well not exist.
  • Captain VashCaptain Vash Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I love when Bender pouts, the entire time he was acting like a dick because they left behind the robot death future was awesome.

twitterforweb.Stuckens.1,1,500,f4f4f4,0,c4c4c4,000000.png
  • OctoparrotOctoparrot Registered User
    edited July 2010
    y'know, John DiMaggio doesn't seem to give Bender that swaggering tone as much anymore...

Doesn't bother me too much, but just realized it. Everyone else's voices seem back.

the GOP shouldn't give a rats ass about them since they won't vote for them. If someone won't vote for you they might as well not exist.
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    I feel like the lack of writers was showing in this episode again. It was a fantastic premise and it was pretty well executed but the little stuff was still off. They had a great opportunity for throwaway jokes in the few minutes where they were traveling forward but mostly it was filled with nonsense. Which was ok, I guess, but a room of seasoned writers would have punched it up into something really stellar.

They're putting their more limited resources into where it counts, so I can't possibly fault them for it.

I have to side with DK here. I didn't really like this episode. It wasn't terrible, it was just...bland. For an episode with such potential, I was mostly just bored.