As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PA The Series: Season Finale

TenTen Registered User regular
edited August 2010 in Social Entropy++

• TenTen Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    What a wonderful end to the series, and I loved the quick highlights at the end, a great reminder of how awesome this show ended up being. Bring on the DVD!

Ten on
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Bah, almost had it. Took extra time trying to cap and crop a still image to use for the post.

pats128splash.jpg

SabreMau on
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    It's crazy how different Jerry looked when he got married. He looks like Kropotkin from the forums, which is really jarring.

I'm glad this was the one they chose to close on. Some real heartwarming stuff in there and it's amazing how open they're being about their lives. For one, the way Elliot can articulate both in general conversation but also emotionally is incredible - I know that even as an adult I have trouble conveying that kind of thing.

The problem with this show is that it's shown every one of these guys to be wonderful people and it makes me want to be best friends with them, but I know it'll never happen, and that is sad.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
    edited July 2010
    I was surprised it wasn't up yet, considering I had time to watch the whole thing. That's a great image though, choosing to make the season finale about their families was the best idea ever.

Also the apple juice story reminded me of the story Scott told on one of their Morning After podcasts, they discussed how much Gabe and Elliot are like Mike and Jerry then too, which is adorable.

Ten on
    edited July 2010
    Ten wrote: »
    I was surprised it wasn't up yet, considering I had time to watch the whole thing. That's a great image though, choosing to make the season finale about their families was the best idea ever.

Also the apple juice story reminded me of the story Scott told on one of their Morning After podcasts, they discussed how much Gabe and Elliot are like Mike and Jerry then too, which is adorable.

The fact that The Morning After exists makes a break for PATV all the more bearable.

Willeth on
  • BoomShakeBoomShake The Engineer Columbia, MDRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Fantastic episode. Fantastic series. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for giving us a glimpse into Penny-Arcade and your lives.

The DVD cannot come out fast enough.

Willeth wrote: »
    The problem with this show is that it's shown every one of these guys to be wonderful people and it makes me want to be best friends with them, but I know it'll never happen, and that is sad.

BoomShake on
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Wow.

Thats..thats pretty much all I can muster to say right now. Just..Wow.

Buttcleft on
  • FedoraFedora Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    "Why?"

"That's a great question, son"

Hilarious.

Fedora on
    edited July 2010

The fact that The Morning After exists makes a break for PATV all the more bearable.

I hope it still exists, there hasn't been one in two weeks :(

Elliot seems like a really smart kid, the way he immediately picked up on the unknown words in a sentence and asked what they meant was great.

Well, maybe all kids do that, I don't know, but I bet he never asks what they mean again.

Ten on
  • christowangchristowang Registered User new member
    edited July 2010
    Is the song that starts around 9:10 in the episode Umbreon - Maledil-Drone?

Anyone know where to find it, because the link doesn't have any info?

christowang on
    edited July 2010

I hope it still exists, there hasn't been one in two weeks :(

Elliot seems like a really smart kid, the way he immediately picked up on the unknown words in a sentence and asked what they meant was great.

Well, maybe all kids do that, I don't know, but I bet he never asks what they mean again.

Tycho's awesome stories about what Elliot does are always great. I'm sure he's only saying the good stuff and not 'well, I came home one day and Brenna was watching TV and he'd poured a gallon of cooking oil onto the kitchen floor', but when he's calling a fan an oscillating sculpture it's hard not to think of him as a wunderkind.

Willeth on
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Oh, that story with Jerry's kid and Mike made me laugh.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hah, WoW treadmill.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • The InfraThe Infra Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So many Gabe/Elliot (or babies in general) cutesy moments. Also I loved how this episode is more "reality-tv" than the others, since they have a thematic or event in them, like PAX, Child's play, Kurtz, the strip, etc. This one is more, "hey, this is my house, this is my family and this is how we live our lives"

The difference between this reality show and others is that the people in it are actually interesting and real, as opposed to the exact opposite in every other reality show.

As for moments, I really loved the bit when Kurtz was making faces to Noah.

The Infra on
  • AvrahamAvraham Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    "They just squeeze the zebras." "Well let's look at the nutritional information." I don't think I've laughed out loud at PATV until today.

Avraham on
    :bz: :bz: :bzz:
  • John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Fantastic episode.

I was shocked when I saw Jerry with hair. Not that I imagined him never having any. It was just weird to see him with some.

John Zoidberg on
    Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • rockmonkeyrockmonkey Little RockRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I about died when I saw the WoW treadmill. I completely understood where he was coming from because I too have been on a treadmill before and have thought that it would be nice to be able to be online and kill two birds with just the one stone. Also as an ex-wow player.

Also Gabe needs to sell me a painting! I'd love for a Twisp & Catsby painting for above my fireplace in a landscape orientation. I'm willing to pay pretty well.

rockmonkey on
    NEWrockzomb80.jpg
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    rockmonkey wrote: »
    Also Gabe needs to sell me a painting! I'd love for a Twisp & Catsby painting for above my fireplace in a landscape orientation. I'm willing to pay pretty well.

Well, if you attend a certain dinner and make a certain large donation to a certain charity...

*wink wink*

(Edit: I'd assume one of his painting's would be the sort of thing that would end up at the Child's Play dinner auction.)

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Excellent episode.

It makes me want children.

I think I'll go visit a park.

ChicoBlue on
  • ragnarhedinragnarhedin Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    This episode was so special.

I'm wrecked and tear streaked and destroyed and grateful.

Thank you.
    Thank you.
    Thank you.

I now go out into the world bolstered.

ragnarhedin on
  • ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    having a family is kinda nice more people should try it

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • LesconradsLesconrads Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Thank you for this series.
    It is indeed one of the best things, you might have done with penny-arcade! If we can get it to Europe (Germany, you know...) for any reasonable price, I WILL buy a DVD. And it will be the first merchandise product, I have bought.
    The kids were just sweet. I love, how you guys shape your children.
    I wish you all the very, very best :)

ps: please, for the love of god... think about a possibility for us europeans... $15 in shipping is madness :\

Lesconrads on
    edited July 2010
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Excellent episode.

It makes me want children.

I think I'll go visit a park.

STRANGER DANGER

The Infra on
  • ThreeCubedThreeCubed Grandma Winky's fat ankles Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm a girl so I cried at the end.

ThreeCubed on
    EyQGd.jpg
  • ShoverRobotShoverRobot Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

http://8bc.org/music/failotron/Tristan/

ShoverRobot on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1091-8453-0280
  • bubblegumnexbubblegumnex Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    A+

I liked how Elliot owned Mike. That was an awesome story.

I would also like to give them props by featuring awesome music.

bubblegumnex on
    <@zerzhul&gt; bubblegumnex: you were so very fucked up
    <@zerzhul&gt; you win at twdt
  • Grandaddy DeliciousGrandaddy Delicious Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I suspect someone is cutting onions.

Grandaddy Delicious on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    That episode was the most adorable thing in the whole goddamn world.

KalTorak on
    edited July 2010
    I can't wait until the DVD comes out, because then I'm putting in a giant order for it and a shirt and a Halls Below book.

Willeth on
  • SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Avraham wrote: »
    "They just squeeze the zebras." "Well let's look at the nutritional information." I don't think I've laughed out loud at PATV until today.

yes this

Squall on
  • LagnarLagnar Halifax, Nova scotiaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Holy shit that was fantastic, well done 2PP!

Lagnar on
  • christowangchristowang Registered User new member
    edited July 2010

ShoverRobot: You are my hero!

christowang on
  • vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    That was awesome!

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm torn on the WoW treadmill

On the one hand, it's great because you're getting exercise

On the other hand, you're still playing WoW

A quandary!

Also the apple juice story is the most hilarious thing. Truly, Jerry has raised his son to the best of his ability

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • DVGDVG No. 1 Honor Student Nether Institute, Evil AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

ShoverRobot: You are my hero!

I really wish there was a way to easily get all the music in the series.

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    This was an incredibly well done series overall. The production guys knocked it out of the park and every other cliche for making something awesome and doing a great job.

I love that they looked beyond just the office antics and brought in the families. Also, Brenna is pretty damn smoking. Good job, Jerry.

DrZiplock on
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm also really surprised at how personal they're getting with this

I figured the family would be off limits for this sort of thing, but I guess they're all comfortable enough with it now

Man, there better be a season two, Robert

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
    edited July 2010
    Yeah I'm buying the DVD no mater what

The Infra on
  • SeanDLSeanDL Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Fucking incredible. I can only imagine how much of a joy it must have been to work on this project, considering how wonderful it was to watch. I'm going to have to purchase a few copies of the DVD release, if only to give copies to colleagues to remind them what great editing can do for a project.

2 Player Productions, you've completely outdone yourselves. PA team, you've spoiled us with this.

</endsloppylovefest>

SeanDL on
  • DarricDarric Santa MonicaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    That ending.

Darric on
This discussion has been closed.