As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PA The Series: Season Finale

• ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    yall some kinda pussies

another great episode though <3

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • ColonBlowColonBlow Registered User new member
    edited July 2010
    New poster here.

This was an awesome end to and awesome series. I have been a long time PA fan and getting a glimpse into all the penny arcade staff's lives was as fascinating as it was heartwarming. I feel like these people are somehow friends, although different in many ways, we share a common culture. The series had an amazing mix of humor and honesty that really spoke about everyone on the show.

One of my favorite episodes was the one about Scott Kurtz moving to Seattle, it was a really touching show. You could really tell how much Kris Straub (?) really know Scott and cares about him.

Great job 2 player on the series, every aspect of the show was top notch. As good as anything I have seen on network television. I only wished the episodes were longer!

To everyone at Penny - Arcade: I hope to meet all of you one day at a PAX! That would kick ass.

ColonBlow on
  • FirstxavengerFirstxavenger Registered User new member
    edited July 2010
    This episode was amazing, thanks to 2pp and to Mike and Jerry for opening up their lives for us all to see. Its been an awesome experience to get inside the heads of the people that write my favorite webcomic.

Firstxavenger on
  • WaveLineWaveLine Registered User new member
    edited July 2010
    Those last few lines from Jerry...that was the heart and soul of this entire series.

It's crazy, but damn if it didn't happen.

WaveLine on
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Mr. G wrote: »
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    3 nitpicks:

webpage refers to it as episode 24
    end of video refers to it as episode 16
    opinion: the blur in with the credits hurt my eyes

haha yeah blueray would be nice, i really enjoyed the quality of the episodes resolution-wise

2-parters count as 1 episode in the count in the videos

I assumed it was because the Series doesn't count 4th panel and Blamimations in the episode count.

HappylilElf on
  • Frosty the Snow PlowFrosty the Snow Plow Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    My eyes got a little watery.

I'll just add another hit to the lovefest and wish 2PP the best of luck and thank both them and PA innumerably. Not to discredit the comic, what with being the base of this entire site, but these shows and the podcasts (both classic and D&D variety) have always been the biggest reason why I love Penny Arcade. Even as I've gone much more casual with videogames themselves Penny Arcade still is the first result on my Google chrome tab page, and that's definitely helped by the fact that it's something wider now.

Just, seriously, thanks.

EDIT: Oh, and the music! Hope the new film crew has a taste for that.

Frosty the Snow Plow on
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    3 nitpicks:

haha yeah blueray would be nice, i really enjoyed the quality of the episodes resolution-wise

I assumed it was because the Series doesn't count 4th panel and Blamimations in the episode count.
    in regards to the web page episode labeled 24, previous episode "the show" is labeled episode 26 and episode before that, a 4th panel, is labeled ep 25.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    3 nitpicks:

in regards to the web page episode labeled 24, previous episode "the show" is labeled episode 26 and episode before that, a 4th panel, is labeled ep 25.

Fixed!

That was just a simple typo, thanks for letting me know.

Älphämönkëy on
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Willeth wrote: »
    The problem with this show is that it's shown every one of these guys to be wonderful people and it makes me want to be best friends with them, but I know it'll never happen, and that is sad.
    Gabriel wrote: »
    I just wanted to pop in and say thanks for supporting the first season of the show. It's really nice to come in here and see how much you all like the show. It's a bummer to lose 2Player but I'm confident we can still make an awesome second Season. Thanks again guys.
    No, thank you! 8-)

I cracked up at the whole Apple juice/Zebras thing, it's great that Mini-Tycho is already calling you out on your 'disingenuous assertions' (reminds me of my relationship with my nephew, he's always asking questions, and has an amazing dictionary-like vocabulary for his age). :)

I was told/thought Asbestos was a living thing until I was twelve (among other untruths), so I always like to be 99.9% honest with him at all times. :P

♫ "And if you told me I was perfect I'd assume you'd had too much too drink..."♫

Zilla360 on
    |Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
  • reiko516reiko516 Registered User new member
    edited July 2010
    I registered in the forums just so I could make this post, btw.

Other people have said this already, but watching this episode actually made me want to have a family of my own. I've never really liked children; and I have cousins and friends with children, so I know what it's like to be around them. Seeing this episode, though, really hit it home for me that you shape what your children are like. I know that seems like common sense, but there you have it; I only believe it now after seeing the amazing kids that Mike & Kara and Jerry & Brenna have raised.

Can't wait for more PATV. Every episode is genuinely inspiring, hilarious, thought-provoking, and amazing to watch. Everyone involved in making it is completely awesome, and it totally makes me tear up every other episode. You guys are so generous to allow us this look into your lives. Thank you!

reiko516 on
  • rednightmarerednightmare Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    And yet another one who just registered to comment.

I came into penny arcade very late, through the D&D podcasts as I was exploring 4th. they were hilarious and made me want to see what else you guys made.
    that lead me to both Wil Wheaton's blog and your comic. I love Jerry's critical view of the gaming world and of course the beautiful art by Mike.
    Then I saw a little link that was title PATV. I clicked it and found out is was a reality tv series. I pressed back quickly. :P

But I came back, just for gags and found something amazing. This wasn't about showing how awsome you guys were. this was about you guys showing who you were. that you guys really were awsome was just a bonus.
    This was a great ending to the season and made it clear to me that growing up isn't as bad as i thought.

So I want to thank you guys. between you guys and Wil's blog, I've really gotten comfortabel with being a geek and nerd and that really means alot to me.

One question though? Wil Wheaton is mentioned as featuring. I couldn't spot him in the video though. Or was that for his birthday :P

Keep it up and get those DVD's to Europe proper please :)

rednightmare on
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I was feeling really stressed till I saw this episode. It mellowed me way out and tear up, and I feel okay. I don't even want to smoke anymore.

Thank you guys, so very very much. I'll miss you, 2PP, you all did wonderful, wonderful jobs on this.

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • InnocentAliceInnocentAlice Registered User new member
    edited July 2010
    Another person here, just posting to say thank you to 2PP, Penny Arcade, and everyone else involved in making the series.

Thank you for putting something so positive, uplifting, funny, encouraging, and thought-provoking into the world. Thank you for trusting us as an audience enough to let us into your homes and offices and lives. And thank you for creating something that can be shown to non-gamer, non-nerd family and friends to help explain why we do what we do, and what we aspire to be.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. <3 Can't wait for next season.

InnocentAlice on
  • GalacticGalactic Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    When I first heard of "PA: the Series" my initial reaction was "Oh god, STFU and just keep making comics you two assclowns!" I thought there was no way in hell they could make a reality show about some guys making a webcomic that didn't suck.

I completely ignored the series until one fateful, boring day at the office I clicked on the link just to kill some time. The episode I happened to view was the "Drugs" ep. Needless to say when I got home I watched the entire series in one sitting. These episodes have been amazing to watch, and a heartfelt thanks to Khoo and 2PP for coming up with the series, thanks to Mike, Jerry and the rest of the PA staff for sharing so much of yourselves with us. Thank you for your honesty, your openness, your humor, your empathy, and your humanity.

Thank you.

Galactic on
    ^_-;

Too Galactic for you.
  • AnnoraAnnora Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I've been coming to this site since 02, one of the many lurker fans. I donate to Child's Play every year, and I truly appreciate what all of you have done for the gaming community as a whole. I've greatly enjoyed the PATV series, a little window into the workings of my favourite comic (seriously, you guys beat out Spiderman for me).

The finale was perfect. There hasn't been a single episode that hasn't made me laugh out loud, or burst into tears. This did both. You're an inspiration, I can only hope to be as awesome as any of you folks one day. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, and I'm sorry I'm such a dirty lurker.

Annora on
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Looking forward to next season, this one was a lot better then i expected.

Should do more fourth panel type things though. or bring back pod casts.

Melding on
  • APBAPB Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    PA is doin' it right.

Also, this forum is the exact opposite of /b/. The community should be proud of itself.

APB on
  • ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    does anyone else think young mike looks like this guy
    345hncj.jpg

Projeck on
  • jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Projeck wrote: »
    345hncj.jpg[IMG][/img]

That guy has the most annoying voice in the history of voices. It is infuriating.

jaziek on
    Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    "What's Talents?" "It's an inference clause"

<3

...that doesn't even make any sense.

Andy Joe on
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    jaziek wrote: »
    Projeck wrote: »
    345hncj.jpg[IMG][/img]

That guy has the most annoying voice in the history of voices. It is infuriating.

he's so jewish

so so jewish

Projeck on
  • JimmyDeemoJimmyDeemo Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Just watched the season finale and wanted to add my thanks to the countless posts here regarding the series. Its just been the best insight into something that a lot of us knew was cool anyway, and now there is video evidence to prove it all.

Just wanted to quote one of the earlier posts as it was right on the money for me;
    Willeth wrote: »
    The problem with this show is that it's shown every one of these guys to be wonderful people and it makes me want to be best friends with them, but I know it'll never happen, and that is sad.

I'm going to be a dad in November and I'd be lying if i said i wasn't terrified to the core about the prospect of bringing up an being responsible for a life. The content in the last episode made me feel like it is something that i can relish rather than be scared of. Well played sirs, well played.

Also i don't know why 2 Player Productions aren't doing the next series, I'm sure there are lots of reasons due to how PA want the style of the next series, 2PP also probably have other projects to work on. But anyway the next company has a hard task ahead of them because i think 2PP did an excellent jobs and i wish them well for anything in the future.

JimmyDeemo on
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    rednightmare: The credits for the finale are for the entire series. Wil's been in previous episodes - the first two about PAX.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Every episode has been entertaining as hell, and this was a fantastic end to the season.

Thank you to everyone who was crazy enough to think a reality series about weird webcomic people would somehow be a good idea :P

Nocturne on
  • IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Nijhazer wrote: »
    Zoel wrote: »
    having a family is kinda nice more people should try it

While having a family can be very rewarding for the people involved, let's be frank: we have far too many people on this planet already, and any children born today are born into a world where the opportunities are rapidly diminishing for them to justify their existence in any way.

Just out of curiosity, how do you justify your existence?

Ivar on
  • LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    This episode totally makes me wanna be a daddy.

LaCabra on
  • Frosty the Snow PlowFrosty the Snow Plow Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Concerning 2PP, I just assumed it was because they didn't want to give over their studio entirely to PATV, pursue other projects. Both PA and 2PP seem very amicable, never got the impression there was anything hostile going on, especially when the season finale seems to have quite a bit of care put into it.

Frosty the Snow Plow on
  • ZuelZuel Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.
    I truly hope to meet some of you fine folk at a PAX one day.

Zuel on
  • NijhazerNijhazer Sunnyvale, CARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ivar wrote: »

While having a family can be very rewarding for the people involved, let's be frank: we have far too many people on this planet already, and any children born today are born into a world where the opportunities are rapidly diminishing for them to justify their existence in any way.

Lots of volunteer charity work, for now... still working on the larger picture. It's still not good enough, and every day I feel ashamed to still be alive. I have no desire to pass this feeling on to a new generation.

Anyway, sorry for the derail-- back to discussion of this most excellent episode!

Nijhazer on
  • effacheeffache Registered User new member
    edited July 2010
    I guess I haven't been with PA for the entire long haul - I started reading in about late '04 or so. Since then, all the stuff that's happened - the series, the podcast, the one PAX I went to - it's all affected me a lot and I wanted to say thank you so much for it.

I guess I'm just another one of those people who registered just to say that this episode made me cry. I appreciate everything that PA does, and I'm going to miss 2PP a lot. Thanks so much for a wonderful ride of a season!

effache on
  • JintorJintor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Oh my god. That last shot, Mike and Jerry, Tuxedos, carefree attitudes. it's beautiful. This is beautiful. Season two can't come soon enough. Well done 2PP, and well done Penny-Arcade.

Jintor on
  • IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

Lots of volunteer charity work, for now... still working on the larger picture. It's still not good enough, and every day I feel ashamed to still be alive. I have no desire to pass this feeling on to a new generation.

Anyway, sorry for the derail-- back to discussion of this most excellent episode!

And why do you feel you have to justify your existence?

Ivar on
  • TornikTornik Registered User new member
    edited July 2010
    I'm not a father, although I am an uncle four times over, and I just wanted to say that this episode had some of the most heartwearming parent/child interaction I've ever seen.

Thank you to everyone involved.

Tornik on
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited July 2010
    And why do you feel you have to justify your existence?

We are not having this discussion.

Tube on
  • clintoclinto Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    That last shot of the old wedding photo sent shivers down me spine. I heart you guys so much.

clinto on
  • J-ManJ-Man Registered User new member
    edited July 2010
    I simply do not know how anyone is going to follow 2 Player's amazing act.
    Well done sirs.

J-Man on
    Revolt or Abide
  • Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Initially I thought PATV was a pretty terrible idea, but I was totally wrong.

Great first season. I look foward to the next.

If anyone cares, although episodes like the finale were absolutely wonderful, I really enjoyed the Fourth Panel episodes. Getting insight into how the comic is made is just awesome, and I would love to see more of it.

Foolish Chaos on
  • GabrielGabriel Registered User, ClubPA, Penny Arcade Staff, PAX Staff staff
    edited July 2010
    I saw someone ask, and yes we have two cats in our house and yes they tear the shit out of our furniture.

Reading this thread has been really great. I think we were both nervous about sharing our families but 2pp did a really great job. Thanks guys.

Gabriel on
  • NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Yeah this was good

I enjoyed every episode of season 1. It's always nice to get some insight into things like this

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • BalmonteBalmonte Registered User new member
    edited July 2010
    A few people said it already, but the closing scene, when Jerry said "It's crazy, because we forget that people get older. Then we look at something like this." and the photo with them in tuxedos made me well up a bit. I have no idea why, but that statement sticks. Fantastic ending.

Balmonte on
This discussion has been closed.