As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[INTERNET DATING] Now featuring HANDSOME ADVICE.

1585960616264»

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Raslin wrote: »
    Thejakeman wrote: »
    Yeah, that's just it mang, there's some point in which you suddenly realize that women aren't all that scary, and heck a bunch of them are attracted to you, even.

I want to end this thread with an important reminder that women can bite. Hard. Be on your toes, men.

Thanks for the reminder, forgot what was on my neck ;)

Sure that's not a beard?
    I kid! <3

Bobble on
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Bobble wrote: »
    Raslin wrote: »
    Thejakeman wrote: »
    Yeah, that's just it mang, there's some point in which you suddenly realize that women aren't all that scary, and heck a bunch of them are attracted to you, even.

I want to end this thread with an important reminder that women can bite. Hard. Be on your toes, men.

Thanks for the reminder, forgot what was on my neck ;)

Sure that's not a beard?
    I kid! <3

Well shit, I grow red and blue patches of hair on my face? This is fucking way better!

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I have only 3 rules.

1) Don't play with other people's toys without permission. (Yes, there are girls that will say they're in an 'open' relationship too, only to have the boyfriend come home with rage in his eyes.)

2) No repeat business. (If you left them, you left them for a reason. There's plenty of other people to bone down with.)

3) Safe, sane, consensual. (Self explanatory.)
    Nocren wrote: »
    Yeah, that poly-girl that contacted me is kinda like that. We exchanged messages on okc for awhile, then texted each other for a bit (over the course of about a month). Then nothing for a couple of weeks, then she texted me again. About a week after that we finally met.

However, since I was in the military I'm used to not being in contact with friends for months at a time.

There's quite a few girls, in the Atlanta OKC scene at least, who are like that. We'll talk and talk for weeks straight and then radio silence for a month. Then all of a sudden we're back on like a raging fire. Odd, but you learn to shrug it off.

I made it pretty clear in the opening conversations that I'm not looking to join in a poly relationship (It's not something that I can handle emotionally) but she was pretty understanding about it. She's just looking for some friends in the area anyway. I'm pretty sure I mentioned meeting her in this thread. Very different attitude when you're meeting someone with whom you know you're just going to be friends with as opposed to possibly date and sleep with.

Speaking of which, I'm surprised that this thread didn't talk a lot about one of Stephen Colbert's recent guests. The writer that went a full year without sex (but had no problem doing everything else as she admitted). I had to agree with her on one point though, it takes a lot more to open up to someone and say "I really like you and I want to do things to you, but right now I can't for whatever reason" then it does to just jump directly in the sack with that person.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Corvus wrote: »
    Life happens, or people get busy and forget to respond I guess. Its happened to me recently as well. I think shrugging it off and maybe send another message in a week or two might be the way to go, if you're still interested in the person.
    That's what I do. I shoot them a "hey I haven't heard from you in a while. So what do you think about X?" More often than not, I get a "sorry I didn't reply, I got real busy" message back and conversation picks up again about X.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Nocren wrote: »
    Speaking of which, I'm surprised that this thread didn't talk a lot about one of Stephen Colbert's recent guests. The writer that went a full year without sex (but had no problem doing everything else as she admitted). I had to agree with her on one point though, it takes a lot more to open up to someone and say "I really like you and I want to do things to you, but right now I can't for whatever reason" then it does to just jump directly in the sack with that person.

I can't imagine that its that uncommon for people to go a year without sex. It is weird that they make it out to be like climbing Everest or something.

Jealous Deva on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Well, she was pretty attractive. But Colbert got her to admit that "no sex" meant "no going all the way, but everything up to that point is fine." All in all, she was pretty much just a media whore anyway.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    LeCausticLeCaustic Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    CRITICIZE ME

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/kaustikos

please?:whistle:

LeCaustic on
    Your sig is too tall. -Thanatos
    kaustikos.png
  • Options
    kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    LeCaustic wrote: »
    CRITICIZE ME

uh...a wedding picture? I know single guys that put on wedding rings to attract women, but that's taking it a bit far.

kaliyama on
    fwKS7.png?1
  • Options
    KurnDerakKurnDerak Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I think I'm going to go back to giving up on OKC for awhile like I had been wanting to lately since I really haven't been able to get anywhere with anyone.

In other news, I asked a friend I've been hanging out with lately if the next time we meet we could make it a date instead of just hanging out. However, I'm not sure that would change anything aside from being a bit more excited about it and saying it's a date. Haven't gotten an answer yet.

KurnDerak on
  • Options
    N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    LeCaustic wrote: »
    CRITICIZE ME

You should probably caption that picture with the bride. I'm assuming it's not your wedding?

I liked reading through your profile. You obviously enjoy your work and learning the newest developments in the field, but I never felt put off by your way of describing it. It felt easy to relate to as I read it. The one thing I would say is that you talk very much about being a movie addict, but mention nothing about what movie(s) you've watched most or has(have) had the most influence on you or impacted you. I would put that in, particularly because if a girl isn't into cancer research, it will give her/you a bit more common ground to begin with.

N1tSt4lker on
This discussion has been closed.