As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NY/NJ] forumer hangouts and temporary Bogart marriage thread

• tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    we will be glad to do whatever we can duder (and presumably duderette) :) in any event, (har har har) another cool thing to look forward to this fall. will post vague details in OP when i am on a proper computer and not my phone.

tapeslinger on
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    When you do the OP update, Hakke and Eddy are out, Justin is in, and I think Will is considering it.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Will?? Jersey??
    but who will we gossip about?? :O

tapeslinger on
    edited August 2010
    ok updated known headcount and suspects, and have posted the makings of the Bogart spectacular

so I'm thinking about bringing this ridiculous drink that we had at nex's sister's house this weekend
    it is hella ghetto but will get you happy-drunk like whoa

tapeslinger on
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    005_professor.png

Dunadan019 on
    edited August 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    005_professor.png

"good news everyone!"
    ?

tapeslinger on
    edited August 2010
    :^:

Dunadan019 on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2010
    so I'm thinking about bringing this ridiculous drink that we had at nex's sister's house this weekend
    it is hella ghetto but will get you happy-drunk like whoa

vlcsnap-2010-08-04-22h41m57s98.png

Organichu on
    edited August 2010
    you won't be able to keep your drinkin teeth in when I mix one of these things up man

tapeslinger on
    edited August 2010
    is 6 oclock for the dinner or party start?

Dunadan019 on
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    is 6 oclock for the dinner or party start?

Both. I plan on having dinner food ready then, and people can just eat when they get there if they're hungry. This is in addition to chips and snacks. People can show up whenever they feel like it.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    me and tape will be planning to arrive at newark pen around 730-8

nexuscrawler on
  • SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Alyce and I plan on being there around 6-6:30.

We are bad partygoers, we arrive on time.

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
    edited August 2010

the only reason we will be so late is because work boo :(

tapeslinger on
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited August 2010

How are you and Nexus getting there, any who?

No reason... ;-)

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
    edited August 2010
    syndalis wrote: »

How are you and Nexus getting there, any who?

No reason... ;-)

PATH to Newark Penn. We're picking them up there. That should satisfy your purely academic interest.

YamiNoSenshi on
    edited August 2010
    In other party news, if you have requests for food or drink or anything else, let me know. If you want help getting here or what my phone number in case you get lost, let me know as well. I look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.

Except Nexus.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    arrrgh I wish I could be there :(

Maybe I'll mail you my coin belt and nexus can do an alluring ethnic bellydance for you all

You will worship the hair

woooorshiiiiiiip

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
    edited August 2010
    If anyone needs a ride, Alyce and I are driving down there.

Hopefully this satisfies the academic interest of certain forumers :D

Spawnbroker on
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I will be there 6:15ish.

Zek on
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited August 2010
    I am planning on dinner with the fiancée first, so I won't be leaving manhattan until like 7:30p... Is that too late to potentially catch a ride with someone from somewhere PATH or subway connected?

Hypothetically speaking of course.

Worst case scenario, I get my driver to get me there, but that seems a vulgar display of power :P

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    edited August 2010
    I am planning on dinner with the fiancée first, so I won't be leaving manhattan until like 7:30p... Is that too late to potentially catch a ride with someone from somewhere PATH or subway connected?

Hypothetically speaking of course.

Worst case scenario, I get my driver to get me there, but that seems a vulgar display of power :P

Hypothetically, we could pick you up from the Newark Penn PATH whenever you wanted. We'll have to go out and buy a black Lincoln Town Car first, of course.

If you have your driver bring you here, I will shoot nerf darts at you.

YamiNoSenshi on
    edited August 2010
    syn we might be getting there a tuch earlier than you

let me know when you know for sure we'll see if we can time it properly

nexuscrawler on
    edited August 2010
    god dammit syndalis

driver

Hakkekage on
    edited August 2010
    syndalis is gracing us with his presence?! dude i want a monocle dance! also, nex and i are planning to meet on the Grove St. path platform -- i have to take the JSQ train from work and transfer to get the Newark line, so we are gonna meet there. We will probably meet there between 7 and 7:30 depending on degree of train suckiness.

tapeslinger on
    edited August 2010
    tape has gone mad with power and is whipping up some crazy booze for tommorow

nexuscrawler on
    edited August 2010
    tape has gone mad with power and is whipping up some crazy booze for tommorow

:winky:

I have three quarts of liquid awesome in the freezer as we type

IMG_0974.jpg

the astropop
    it is like chasing after the Mr Tastee truck and getting that awesome Blue Tornado Bar!
    only with blue curaçao and rum
    and love

<artie:the-strongest-man-in-the-WORLD>
    oh so frosty and delicious
    covet it not my little vikings! for it is ours
    </artie>

tapeslinger on
    edited August 2010
    No naturally occurring food is blue. What have you wrought?

YamiNoSenshi on
    edited August 2010
    you will see soon enough!

tapeslinger on
  • AlyceInWonderlandAlyceInWonderland Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    It's so blue, I can't wait!

I have a problem where if a drink isn't sweet as fuck, I can't drink it. :C
    I need to....fix that.

AlyceInWonderland on
    edited August 2010

I need to....fix that.

613008719791.jpg

Immediate cavities.

Hakkekage on
    edited August 2010
    So hypothetical nonsense aside; I can do this.

Nexus, slinger; what time are you departing on the path?

And what should I bring to this shindig?

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    edited August 2010
    Well shes working so I pln on meeting her at Grove around like 7:00-7:30ish

nexuscrawler on
    edited August 2010

Okie dokie... Well, I'll try and be out at Grove by 7... You still have the phone number, right?

And again, what should I bring? Booze? Laptop for gaming? What's the plan, folks?

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    edited August 2010

I need to....fix that.

it's not exceptionally sweet even though it is based on a popsicle. we used Newman's Own lemonade and a low sugar italian ice for the base, the rest is icewater, blue curacao and raspberry rum. it packs a pleasant wallop.

tapeslinger on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2010
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Can several people show up to this knot-tying and make it a thing

i can show up in the same room as you

knots will be involved

i might tie a thing or two

it will definitely be a thing

Organichu on
    edited August 2010
    So hypothetical nonsense aside; I can do this.

Nexus, slinger; what time are you departing on the path?

And what should I bring to this shindig?
    your monocle of course
    but anyways so syndalis, i will be leaving NYC via Christopher Street around 6:20-6:40 depending on how bad (slow) it is today. I'm expecting to arrive at Grove Street between 7 and 7:30 again dependent on train shittiness. Newark trains that time of day are also usually slow so you may very well have time to meet us there...

tapeslinger on
    edited August 2010

Okie dokie... Well, I'll try and be out at Grove by 7... You still have the phone number, right?

And again, what should I bring? Booze? Laptop for gaming? What's the plan, folks?

Bring whatever you like. I think so people are bringing laptops for SC2 or anything people feel like playing. I'm not specifically planning anything, I just have a ton of stuff people can do if/when they want. I've got a ton of beer, some rum, and some Kahlua. That's just what we keep stocked, since nobody requested anything. If anyone wants anything specific, we're going shopping in a few hours.

Other than that, just bring your own sweet self.

YamiNoSenshi on
    edited August 2010
    I plan on bringing my laptop for some SC2 action. I dont know if anyone else is.

Spawnbroker on
    edited August 2010
    I will have my Fluxx deck also. I know some geese out there think it is lame but those geese are lame geese.

tapeslinger on