As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bring out your Games! (DS, DSi, DSi XL)

• Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    It's times like this that I wish I had gotten into the Pokemons.

At this point though other than Pikachu, I have no idea. Is Pikachu even any good? :?

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    It's never too late to start. Just grab a copy of HeartGold or SoulSilver and let the nostalgia flow. ;)

Heleor on
  • Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    MyDcmbr wrote: »
    It's times like this that I wish I had gotten into the Pokemons.

At this point though other than Pikachu, I have no idea. Is Pikachu even any good? :?

Sorry, Pikachu sucks.
    You'll have to train 6 other Pokémons.

Djiem on
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I suppose I'll bring MHFU2 for the PSP and maybe FF Dissidia if other people will.

I'll likely have DQ9 by then, and you guys just inspired me to finally get TWEWY

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    caddyalancaddyalan Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Sad day lol I think I am one of the only people that is bringing my gameboy advance (sp). So old it still uses link cables (which I have still!) Or am I just missing something somewhere that there are others like me who have not upgraded their handheld?

If it makes you feel better, I'll bring my gameboy pocket.

I gave my GBA SP to a friend who I later lost contact with. But that said, getting a used GBA and a link cable is cheap, and I still have quite a few games.

I have a working Gameboy Color, but I misplaced about half my GB/GBC games while moving.

caddyalan on
  • Options
    stuffedskullcatstuffedskullcat Head Kerfuffler? I dunno... PDXRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'll have Mario Kart, and Advance Wars: Fields of Ruin.

stuffedskullcat on
    "All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed."
    -Frith, Watership Down
  • Options
    jenellejenelle Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Tetris. 'Nuff said. Though this TWEWY game looks interesting so maybe that as well. Is there any point to playing it on my own for any length of time or will multiplayer be the best way to go? Also, is Tetris Party Deluxe shareable? I doubt I would ever play it on my own and have trouble justifying the expense when I've already got Tetris DS.

jenelle on
    cJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    You should definitely play TWEWY on your own so you can get all sorts of different pins and then start evolving them until you need the ones that require a lot of Mingle experience to evolve.

You can mingle by yourself (you'll randomly encounter "aliens") but it's slow and boring.

Dracil on
  • Options
    ginsusamuraiginsusamurai Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    caddyalan wrote: »
    Sad day lol I think I am one of the only people that is bringing my gameboy advance (sp). So old it still uses link cables (which I have still!) Or am I just missing something somewhere that there are others like me who have not upgraded their handheld?

If it makes you feel better, I'll bring my gameboy pocket.

I gave my GBA SP to a friend who I later lost contact with. But that said, getting a used GBA and a link cable is cheap, and I still have quite a few games.

I have a working Gameboy Color, but I misplaced about half my GB/GBC games while moving.

And to make you feel even better, I'm bringing an original gameboy.

Games:
    Tetris
    SuperMario Land
    Kirby's Dream Land
    Kirby's Pinball Land

ginsusamurai on
  • Options
    Masquerade78Masquerade78 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I always bring my DSL w. NYT Crossword Puzzle for the Queue Room. Maybe this year I will actually stick Meteos in my bag with it. I bought it ages ago but still haven't played it. Prince of Persia: TFK may get tossed in there with it.

I am sadly lacking in the DS game arena. I always bring it, but hardly ever have time for more than a brief foray into Pictochat (where I instantly remember why I don't go into PC) before I am off to something else.

Masquerade78 on
  • Options
    ZeroHourHeroZeroHourHero Allentown, PARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I always bring my DSL w. NYT Crossword Puzzle for the Queue Room. Maybe this year I will actually stick Meteos in my bag with it. I bought it ages ago but still haven't played it. Prince of Persia: TFK may get tossed in there with it.

I am sadly lacking in the DS game arena. I always bring it, but hardly ever have time for more than a brief foray into Pictochat (where I instantly remember why I don't go into PC) before I am off to something else.

NYT Crossword Puzzle has helped me pass many a day of military duty.

ZeroHourHero on
  • Options
    Sleepy KittySleepy Kitty Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Pokemon w/ walker and Dragon Quest IX guaranteed , since its a 5 hour flight I may bring along The Wizard of Oz seemed like a good RPG but stopped playing it when Pokemon came out.

Sleepy Kitty on
  • Options
    Drizake123Drizake123 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Pokemon, KH 358/2 Days, TWEWY I'll also have my PSP with KH BBS and MGS Peace Walker

Drizake123 on
  • Options
    devericdeveric MinneapolisRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Speaking of pokemon, how do the walkers work? i have one, and I intend to have it fairly visible.

Of course I mean with trading and gifts, not the walking part

deveric on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    deveric wrote: »
    Speaking of pokemon, how do the walkers work? i have one, and I intend to have it fairly visible.

Of course I mean with trading and gifts, not the walking part

Just connect with each walker you see. You get up to 10 item gifts per connection to the DS, and after that you get around 100 watts per trainer.

Heleor on
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm bringing my DSi, still trying to convince hubby to bring his too.

I'll have DQ9, and am considering SoulSilver... Pokewalkers seem intriguing.

Can you get all "social" with both DQ9 and a Pokewalker at the same time?

akjak on
    Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The lack of PSP in this thread saddens me. Dissidia anyone?

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    The lack of PSP in this thread saddens me. Dissidia anyone?

Hmm... I have been meaning to create artifacts...

Djiem on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    akjak wrote: »
    I'm bringing my DSi, still trying to convince hubby to bring his too.

I'll have DQ9, and am considering SoulSilver... Pokewalkers seem intriguing.

Can you get all "social" with both DQ9 and a Pokewalker at the same time?

You totally can get social with both! Pokewalkers are just a quick 5-second connection whenever you see anyone. You should totally bring SoulSilver as well, so you can challenge the random gym leaders that are walking around. ;)

Heleor on
  • Options
    Jenny_SpaghettiJenny_Spaghetti I am 3 ginger midgets in a trench coat. Calgary, CanadalandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'll be bringing along my PSP Go and my daughter's DS Lite. So apparently, I'll be playing a lot of Monopoly, Disney Princesses and Science Papa. :P

Jenny_Spaghetti on
  • Options
    automaticjimautomaticjim Tampa, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I will be bringing my DSi and if I can pry it out of my sons hands I'll bring the PSP along also. Not sure I have any good multi-player games for the PSP..

automaticjim on

See you at PAX Prime!
    Twitter - Automaticjim
    Steam - Outbreak

If you’re winning, play safe and keep the game clean and simple. If you are losing, take risks and complicate the game.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Yeah I'll be bringing my Dissidia as well on my PSP. MHFU as well.

Dracil on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Dracil wrote: »
    Yeah I'll be bringing my Dissidia as well on my PSP. MHFU as well.

I had forgotten there was a MH game for the PSP. I should get on that.

I'll just post what I've got for PSP (I do a lot of flying and traveling):
    Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection
    Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX
    Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny (if you like SC, get this game PRONTO)
    Field Commander
    Siphon Filter: Logan's Shadow
    Dissidia
    Ace Combat X
    Disgaea
    Crisis Core
    Gradius Collection
    Gitaroo Man (shush you, this game is fun as hell)
    Guilty Gear: Judgement
    God of War: CoP
    Wipeout: Pure
    Patapon
    Final Fantasy Tactics

PSP Owners: If you don't have a case for your PSP, I HIGHLY recommend Logitech's PSP case. My PSP has seen a lot of use and travel and still looks like I bought it yesterday. Plus, you can play the PSP while it's inside the carrying case quite easily and if you have bigger hands, it makes the PSP really comfortable to use.

EDIT: If this thread is going to include us PSPers, can you put that into the thread title to help attract attention? I can always just kickstart a dedicated "Not Nintendo" thread if you want.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    KaashaakKaashaak Registered User new member
    edited August 2010
    Bought the Peace Walker bundle PSP when it came out and sadly that is my only game for PSP, hope someone else got that game and will want to do a few missions.

Kaashaak on
  • Options
    lemongrenadeslemongrenades Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm gonna brink Pokemon Soul SIlver, New Super Mario Bros, and TWEWY for DS. Can anyone explain to me how the mingle thing and multiplayer work in that? Never got very far into it. Do I need to spend some extra time on it before Sept?

lemongrenades on
  • Options
    DustoManDustoMan Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I have a lot of the games that people on mentioned in this thread, so maybe I should name some of my more rare titles. I have both Owendan games imported and I think those have multiplayer modes. I also have the Asian versions of Ridge Racers 2, WRC, and F1 for PSP. Oh and I have a few of the Bomberman games for the DS. Those all link together even though they are different titles. They have the same multiplayer software.

DustoMan on
  • Options
    fizzywixfizzywix Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Will have my PSP hoping for some BlazBlue matches, even though I am terrible.

fizzywix on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    fizzywix wrote: »

That's ok, I suck at it too. A friend and I did a button mashing fight once, and he did pull off a 57 hits combo, so it's still fun to play even if you're terrible.

Djiem on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I've just recently (i.e. today) re-acquired a DS, so I have a lot of catching up to do.

I've got TWEWY and EBA on order, and picked up DQIX when I got my new XLi and will be bringing all of them with me on the trip to Seattle.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    fizzywix wrote: »

Wait.

BlazBlue came out for PSP!?

Godfuckingdamnit, why do I not own this? I think it's time to raid Amazon and update my PSP collection posthaste, though I highly doubt Tager will play that well considering how iffy the PSP is for 2d fighters. but god damnit it's portable BlazBlue!

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    honestDhonestD Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    TWEWY for DS. Can anyone explain to me how the mingle thing and multiplayer work in that? Never got very far into it. Do I need to spend some extra time on it before Sept?

Not super far, just far enough to unlock the mingle feature (just a couple days in, I think... It's been a long time)...

You put your game into mingle mode, and just wait for a second. The system looks for up to ten people who are:

a) other TWEWY players in mingle mode (50XP and a nice bonus)
    b) other DS wireless signals (20XP)
    c) "aliens" (I'm not sure what they are but they give you 200XP)

The XP goes to each of your equipped pins, so as they level up, you can switch them out and jump right back into mingle mode.

The nice bonus that I mentioned above comes in the form of a specialized store, where you can buy whatever pins they had equipped when they "mingled" you... but wait, there's more! If somebody you've mingled with bought your pins, then if they mingle with you again, you get another 50XP, AND you get the money they spent on your pins! It's pretty sweet.

You're supposed to just walk around and stuff, but at PAX, the DS density is going to be so high, that you'll "fill up" in literally under ten seconds in the line room.

honestD on
    In Vancouver? Want to meet up and play some Games?
    http://www.meetup.com/Vancouver-Gamers-Group/

Now with Twitter! @HonestoDoragon

Pokemon Black: 4555 9510 3686
  • Options
    lemongrenadeslemongrenades Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    honestD wrote: »
    TWEWY for DS. Can anyone explain to me how the mingle thing and multiplayer work in that? Never got very far into it. Do I need to spend some extra time on it before Sept?

Not super far, just far enough to unlock the mingle feature (just a couple days in, I think... It's been a long time)...

You put your game into mingle mode, and just wait for a second. The system looks for up to ten people who are:

a) other TWEWY players in mingle mode (50XP and a nice bonus)
    b) other DS wireless signals (20XP)
    c) "aliens" (I'm not sure what they are but they give you 200XP)

The XP goes to each of your equipped pins, so as they level up, you can switch them out and jump right back into mingle mode.

The nice bonus that I mentioned above comes in the form of a specialized store, where you can buy whatever pins they had equipped when they "mingled" you... but wait, there's more! If somebody you've mingled with bought your pins, then if they mingle with you again, you get another 50XP, AND you get the money they spent on your pins! It's pretty sweet.

You're supposed to just walk around and stuff, but at PAX, the DS density is going to be so high, that you'll "fill up" in literally under ten seconds in the line room.

Well that seems like a good reason to jump back in and make sure I can at least mingle. Thanks for the info.

lemongrenades on
  • Options
    Blackie62Blackie62 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I sold most of my PSP games so I'll be bringing Wipeout Pure, Killzone Liberation, and Burnout Legends. Also I'll probably buy some DS games. Besides Pokemon and WEWY what should I buy?

Blackie62 on
  • Options
    adesteradester Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I will be bringing Netbook, PSP, and my backup GBASP (Haven't play it in forever XD)
    I have the original game boy and games but I don't think they will be making it.

PSP:
    Patapon
    Ridge Racer
    wipe out: pure
    Twisted metal head on
    Snes emu w/games
    Street fighter 3 alpha max
    Lumines II
    Battle Zone
    Kameleon
    World Series of Poker
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance
    and more..

GBASP:
    Idk yet.

adester on
  • Options
    honestDhonestD Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Blackie62 wrote: »
    I sold most of my PSP games so I'll be bringing Wipeout Pure, Killzone Liberation, and Burnout Legends. Also I'll probably buy some DS games. Besides Pokemon and WEWY what should I buy?

DQmuthafuckinIX

honestD on
    In Vancouver? Want to meet up and play some Games?
    http://www.meetup.com/Vancouver-Gamers-Group/

Now with Twitter! @HonestoDoragon

Pokemon Black: 4555 9510 3686
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    honestD wrote: »
    Blackie62 wrote: »

DQmuthafuckinIX

What he said. Word.

akjak on
    Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    PawnPawn Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So here's the deal. I loved Final Fantasy Tactics, but thought the one thing it could really use was multiplayer. Some friends and I spent a lot of braincells contemplating what strategies might be better than others.

Then, FFT was remade for the PSP with multiplayer added, and I was ecstatic. I bought the game, played through it again, and made my doom party of destruction. Just one little problem. I was no longer in proximity to my old group of friends, and I couldn't (still can't) talk my new friends into playing it.

So my question is, are there any other WotL players attending PAX? And if so, are there any of you out there that would be willing to scratch my itch to try this game multiplayer?

Pawn on
  • Options
    thespiffyneostarthespiffyneostar Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'll have FFT with me at PAX. there is kinda multi player I think...
    I only have the GBA and DS versions though...

thespiffyneostar on
  • Options
    PawnPawn Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Dude! You should buy it for PSP and play through it before PAX. :-D

Pawn on
  • Options
    RageGoblinRageGoblin Registered User new member
    edited August 2010
    Anyone planning to buy Valkyria Chronicles 2 right before the show? I'll be bringing it mostly for the plane trip and such, but I hope others will bring it for multiplayer.

RageGoblin on
This discussion has been closed.