Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Consumers To Apple: Fuck You

12324252628

Posts

  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Scalfin wrote: »
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    the newer apple keybaords don't have a forward-delete key

    it was intensely annoying to me for a while and then i got used to it
    All of them or just the laptop and wireless ones? 'Cause on the laptop and the bluetooth one it's Fn+Backspace.

    [ed] Holy cow, it looks like they are getting rid of it. Boolsheet.

    that sucks
    in monitoring my usage i think i use the delete key more often than my backspace
    though thats with a device that involves a keyboard and mouse interface
    with a handheld that might be different

    Did they also get rid of the shift and punctuation keys?

    really? It's a forum, bro

    That doesn't magically make your writing more legible.

    Gotta say, that was far from illegible

    sig-1.jpg
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    My Mom has been bitten by the iPhone bug. She doesn't even know how to use it. She doesn't know what else it can do besides make calls. But she bought a G4 all the same.

    Is there a simple video or tutorial I can show her which demonstrates the phone's features?

    easybossfight_zps4752c132.gif
  • iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Maybe the iPhone 4 Features page. I tried watching the "iPhone 4 Video" itself, but that's more advertisement than helpful. :P

    [ed] Or the iPhone 4 Support page. Maybe go down the items on the left with her there. "Getting Started, Basics, Phone, FaceTime, Wifi, Syncing," etc etc.

  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Scalfin wrote: »
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    the newer apple keybaords don't have a forward-delete key

    it was intensely annoying to me for a while and then i got used to it
    All of them or just the laptop and wireless ones? 'Cause on the laptop and the bluetooth one it's Fn+Backspace.

    [ed] Holy cow, it looks like they are getting rid of it. Boolsheet.

    that sucks
    in monitoring my usage i think i use the delete key more often than my backspace
    though thats with a device that involves a keyboard and mouse interface
    with a handheld that might be different

    Did they also get rid of the shift and punctuation keys?

    really? It's a forum, bro

    Yes.
    A relaxed environment that is completely hinged upon our ability to read another persons post.

    shamanhealingwave.jpgabilitypaladinshieldofv.png
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx Aaron Hernandez shot me through the heartRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Aaaaand everyone can read what he said.

    So it looks like people are just being goosebags.

    Spoiler:
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie a storm rocks a ship on a sea the wind shakes the leaves on a treeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Scalfin wrote: »
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    the newer apple keybaords don't have a forward-delete key

    it was intensely annoying to me for a while and then i got used to it
    All of them or just the laptop and wireless ones? 'Cause on the laptop and the bluetooth one it's Fn+Backspace.

    [ed] Holy cow, it looks like they are getting rid of it. Boolsheet.

    that sucks
    in monitoring my usage i think i use the delete key more often than my backspace
    though thats with a device that involves a keyboard and mouse interface
    with a handheld that might be different

    Did they also get rid of the shift and punctuation keys?

    really? It's a forum, bro

    Yes.
    A relaxed environment that is completely hinged upon our ability to read another persons post.

    person's.

    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • AvicusAvicus Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Scalfin wrote: »
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    the newer apple keybaords don't have a forward-delete key

    it was intensely annoying to me for a while and then i got used to it
    All of them or just the laptop and wireless ones? 'Cause on the laptop and the bluetooth one it's Fn+Backspace.

    [ed] Holy cow, it looks like they are getting rid of it. Boolsheet.

    that sucks
    in monitoring my usage i think i use the delete key more often than my backspace
    though thats with a device that involves a keyboard and mouse interface
    with a handheld that might be different

    Did they also get rid of the shift and punctuation keys?

    really? It's a forum, bro

    Yes.
    A relaxed environment that is completely hinged upon our ability to read another persons post.

    person's.

    A+, would laugh again.

    stephen_coop.gifkim_coop.gifscott_guitar.gif
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum
    Spoiler:
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    What's your point?
    Oh noes, apple has removed some books from a top ten chart. The horror!

    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 250MB extra free.
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Rose brings up an interesting point. It's not hypocrisy if you've always assumed that Apple is just another company that makes things that it tries to sell you through traditional commercial methods such as bundling, sales, and, on occasion, lying. Like Samsung, but more expensive and more fashionable, apparently. As oppose to some sort of freedom-loving cultural vanguard of all that is fashionable yet in good taste for western civilization. At the same time, it's not too surprising that Apple might engage in a "great porn purge" if they're afraid of offending potential customers. Kind of douchy, but not surprising.

    Next: Apple, the greatest corporate promoter of democracy, is found to have sold several thousand computers to the Pinochet Government in the 70s and 80s.

    Orca wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote:
    Isn't "Your sarcasm makes me wet," the highest compliment an Abh can pay a human?

    Only if said Abh is a member of the nobility.
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    What's your point?
    Oh noes, apple has removed some books from a top ten chart. The horror!

    Yeah...you didn't read the article, did you? Apple removed said books because they were porn.

    Which sort of makes a mockery of His Steveness' comments earlier this year about cleaning up the walled garden. And that's one story that deserves more play, since it was the PTC that pushed Steve there, and whom he tried to then sic on Google.

    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum
    Spoiler:
  • LanzLanz Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    What's your point?
    Oh noes, apple has removed some books from a top ten chart. The horror!

    Yeah...you didn't read the article, did you? Apple removed said books because they were porn.

    Which sort of makes a mockery of His Steveness' comments earlier this year about cleaning up the walled garden. And that's one story that deserves more play, since it was the PTC that pushed Steve there, and whom he tried to then sic on Google.

    Wait.

    You're saying it's Hypocritical because not all porn was purged at once, and when they found more porn, now in text form, they purged it but it was too late so "HYPOCRISY THY NAME IS MAN OF TURTLENECKS"?

    EDIT: The amusing part is, technically, it does seem the be hypocritical, but not for the reasons you think: The books are actually still up in the store.

    But still, I'm trying to get a grasp on your logic and failing here to find it.

    SEGATA SANSHIRO! LIVE AGAIN!
    Lanz.gif
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Lanz wrote: »
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    What's your point?
    Oh noes, apple has removed some books from a top ten chart. The horror!

    Yeah...you didn't read the article, did you? Apple removed said books because they were porn.

    Which sort of makes a mockery of His Steveness' comments earlier this year about cleaning up the walled garden. And that's one story that deserves more play, since it was the PTC that pushed Steve there, and whom he tried to then sic on Google.

    Wait.

    You're saying it's Hypocritical because not all porn was purged at once, and when they found more porn, now in text form, they purged it but it was too late so "HYPOCRISY THY NAME IS MAN OF TURTLENECKS"?

    Except "purged" isn't quite the word since the books in question still seem to be available for sale and no-one seems to be reporting that their copies have been remote-deleted (hi, Amazon).

    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 250MB extra free.
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Lanz wrote: »
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    What's your point?
    Oh noes, apple has removed some books from a top ten chart. The horror!

    Yeah...you didn't read the article, did you? Apple removed said books because they were porn.

    Which sort of makes a mockery of His Steveness' comments earlier this year about cleaning up the walled garden. And that's one story that deserves more play, since it was the PTC that pushed Steve there, and whom he tried to then sic on Google.

    Wait.

    You're saying it's Hypocritical because not all porn was purged at once, and when they found more porn, now in text form, they purged it but it was too late so "HYPOCRISY THY NAME IS MAN OF TURTLENECKS"?

    EDIT: The amusing part is, technically, it does seem the be hypocritical, but not for the reasons you think: The books are actually still up in the store.

    But still, I'm trying to get a grasp on your logic and failing here to find it.

    Well, yeah, my point was that the books are still there, they're just not in the rankings like they should be. But there's also the point that these books went on market after The Great Porn Purge, when His Steveness folded like a cheap suit to the PTC.

    Or to put it simply, the hypocrisy is coming out and slamming porn in public while happily trading in it in private.

    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum
    Spoiler:
  • LanzLanz Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Lanz wrote: »
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    What's your point?
    Oh noes, apple has removed some books from a top ten chart. The horror!

    Yeah...you didn't read the article, did you? Apple removed said books because they were porn.

    Which sort of makes a mockery of His Steveness' comments earlier this year about cleaning up the walled garden. And that's one story that deserves more play, since it was the PTC that pushed Steve there, and whom he tried to then sic on Google.

    Wait.

    You're saying it's Hypocritical because not all porn was purged at once, and when they found more porn, now in text form, they purged it but it was too late so "HYPOCRISY THY NAME IS MAN OF TURTLENECKS"?

    EDIT: The amusing part is, technically, it does seem the be hypocritical, but not for the reasons you think: The books are actually still up in the store.

    But still, I'm trying to get a grasp on your logic and failing here to find it.

    Well, yeah, my point was that the books are still there, they're just not in the rankings like they should be. But there's also the point that these books went on market after The Great Porn Purge, when His Steveness folded like a cheap suit to the PTC.

    Or to put it simply, the hypocrisy is coming out and slamming porn in public while happily trading in it in private.

    Okay, that makes more sense then, I'd agree that's an accurate reading of the situation.

    Also, man, I'm not sure but I swear it looks like East is grabbing random photos off of Google Image Search for some of his cover art.

    SEGATA SANSHIRO! LIVE AGAIN!
    Lanz.gif
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Lanz wrote: »
    Lanz wrote: »
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    What's your point?
    Oh noes, apple has removed some books from a top ten chart. The horror!

    Yeah...you didn't read the article, did you? Apple removed said books because they were porn.

    Which sort of makes a mockery of His Steveness' comments earlier this year about cleaning up the walled garden. And that's one story that deserves more play, since it was the PTC that pushed Steve there, and whom he tried to then sic on Google.

    Wait.

    You're saying it's Hypocritical because not all porn was purged at once, and when they found more porn, now in text form, they purged it but it was too late so "HYPOCRISY THY NAME IS MAN OF TURTLENECKS"?

    EDIT: The amusing part is, technically, it does seem the be hypocritical, but not for the reasons you think: The books are actually still up in the store.

    But still, I'm trying to get a grasp on your logic and failing here to find it.

    Well, yeah, my point was that the books are still there, they're just not in the rankings like they should be. But there's also the point that these books went on market after The Great Porn Purge, when His Steveness folded like a cheap suit to the PTC.

    Or to put it simply, the hypocrisy is coming out and slamming porn in public while happily trading in it in private.

    Okay, that makes more sense then, I'd agree that's an accurate reading of the situation.

    Also, man, I'm not sure but I swear it looks like East is grabbing random photos off of Google Image Search for some of his cover art.

    Yeah, this one really pisses me because of the involvement of the PTC in The Great Porn Purge.

    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum
    Spoiler:
  • Irond WillIrond Will Dragonmaster Cambridge. MASuper Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited August 2010

    how is this hypocrisy?

    was apple criticizing amazon's kindle store for not enough porn or something?

    Wqdwp8l.png
  • ScalfinScalfin __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2010
    Avicus wrote: »
    Scalfin wrote: »
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    the newer apple keybaords don't have a forward-delete key

    it was intensely annoying to me for a while and then i got used to it
    All of them or just the laptop and wireless ones? 'Cause on the laptop and the bluetooth one it's Fn+Backspace.

    [ed] Holy cow, it looks like they are getting rid of it. Boolsheet.

    that sucks
    in monitoring my usage i think i use the delete key more often than my backspace
    though thats with a device that involves a keyboard and mouse interface
    with a handheld that might be different

    Did they also get rid of the shift and punctuation keys?

    really? It's a forum, bro

    Yes.
    A relaxed environment that is completely hinged upon our ability to read another persons post.

    person's.

    A+, would laugh again.

    And this all started because I saw an easy setup for some snark.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
  • ScalfinScalfin __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2010
    Synthesis wrote: »
    Rose brings up an interesting point. It's not hypocrisy if you've always assumed that Apple is just another company that makes things that it tries to sell you through traditional commercial methods such as bundling, sales, and, on occasion, lying. Like Samsung, but more expensive and more fashionable, apparently. As oppose to some sort of freedom-loving cultural vanguard of all that is fashionable yet in good taste for western civilization. At the same time, it's not too surprising that Apple might engage in a "great porn purge" if they're afraid of offending potential customers. Kind of douchy, but not surprising.

    Next: Apple, the greatest corporate promoter of democracy, is found to have sold several thousand computers to the Pinochet Government in the 70s and 80s.

    Yes, it's trying to make money... by being hypocritical. Making a profit off something doesn't make it okay.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
  • Irond WillIrond Will Dragonmaster Cambridge. MASuper Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited August 2010
    i guess it doesn't bother me if apple doesn't list porn on their "best seller list"

    tomorrow i'm going to go picket the barnes and noble because they don't carry juggs

    it's bullshit man

    censorship

    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    You're in the Boston area right?

    If so B&N probably does carry Juggs.

    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »

    how is this hypocrisy?

    was apple criticizing amazon's kindle store for not enough porn or something?

    They caved to the PTC earlier in the year, wiped their store of apps that were anywhere close to being "inappropriate", and then tried to sic the PTC on Google.

    That's where the hypocrisy comes in.

    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum
    Spoiler:
  • enc0reenc0re Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    They ban porn apps and don't display porn books on their top 10. Therefore, they now have to ban porn books. Otherwise, they're hypocrites.

    Wait, what? That doesn't follow.

  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Warning: Donkey Kong is not a real doctor Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    i guess it doesn't bother me if apple doesn't list porn on their "best seller list"

    tomorrow i'm going to go picket the barnes and noble because they don't carry juggs

    it's bullshit man

    censorship

    This is the right attitude for books, music and movies, since Apple doesn't prevent competition in these areas on their devices. Users can load any audio, video or book file they want. So if Apple wants to ban whatever, who the hell cares? Just get it elsewhere and load it on to your device.

    Apps on the other hand...

    buttes_sig_2.gifpolywalk_sig_2.png
  • Irond WillIrond Will Dragonmaster Cambridge. MASuper Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited August 2010
    You're in the Boston area right?

    If so B&N probably does carry Juggs.

    well yes but

    due to the 1654 township incorporation act

    i can only buy them on tuesday and wednesdays afternoons

    and never wearing a hat

    censorship

    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie a storm rocks a ship on a sea the wind shakes the leaves on a treeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    i think what everyone is trying to say is Who Cares This Is So Boring

    because who is affected by any of this? not any of us!

    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    i think what everyone is trying to say is Who Cares This Is So Boring

    because who is affected by any of this? not any of us!

    Actually, due to the other major player in this whole matter, it does affect all of us.

    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum
    Spoiler:
  • enc0reenc0re Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    That doesn't make any sense. We are more affected by porn books not being displayed in the Top 10 because a pressure group is involved?

  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Zhu-Li, do the thing! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    i think what everyone is trying to say is Who Cares This Is So Boring

    because who is affected by any of this? not any of us!

    Actually, due to the other major player in this whole matter, it does affect all of us.

    Do we know for sure they were involved, or are people jumping to conclusions again?

    3DS: 0344-9335-6762
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    i think what everyone is trying to say is Who Cares This Is So Boring

    because who is affected by any of this? not any of us!

    Actually, due to the other major player in this whole matter, it does affect all of us.

    Do we know for sure they were involved, or are people jumping to conclusions again?

    It was posted a while back, but yes, there were reports that the PTC pressured Apple into The Great Porn Purge.

    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum
    Spoiler:
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Zhu-Li, do the thing! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    i think what everyone is trying to say is Who Cares This Is So Boring

    because who is affected by any of this? not any of us!

    Actually, due to the other major player in this whole matter, it does affect all of us.

    Do we know for sure they were involved, or are people jumping to conclusions again?

    It was posted a while back, but yes, there were reports that the PTC pressured Apple into The Great Porn Purge.

    "Reports" as in there's actual evidence for this, or "reports" as in some random internet poster came up with a theory that's now being posted as fact?

    In other words, is there a link for this? I can't find anything on this on Engadget.

    Part of the reason I'm skeptical is that Apple's been weird an arbitrary enough on the app store as it is to decide to scrub anything naughty without any prodding.

    3DS: 0344-9335-6762
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    i think what everyone is trying to say is Who Cares This Is So Boring

    because who is affected by any of this? not any of us!

    Actually, due to the other major player in this whole matter, it does affect all of us.

    Do we know for sure they were involved, or are people jumping to conclusions again?

    It was posted a while back, but yes, there were reports that the PTC pressured Apple into The Great Porn Purge.

    "Reports" as in there's actual evidence for this, or "reports" as in some random internet poster came up with a theory that's now being posted as fact?

    In other words, is there a link for this? I can't find anything on this on Engadget.

    Part of the reason I'm skeptical is that Apple's been weird an arbitrary enough on the app store as it is to decide to scrub anything naughty without any prodding.

    It was reported by Ars a few months back. [URL="Http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showpost.php?p=14719438&postcount=440"]I found my post on the matter.[/URL]

    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum
    Spoiler:
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Zhu-Li, do the thing! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Welp, there it is. Thanks for digging it up.

    3DS: 0344-9335-6762
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Welp, there it is. Thanks for digging it up.

    You're welcome. I really detest the PTC.

    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum
    Spoiler:
  • GungHoGungHo Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    What were the other titles that we banned? You know... for research purposes...

    "Adios, mofo" -- TX Gov Rick Perry (R)
  • AtomikaAtomika Hypercritical Queen Bitch of Cinema Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So . . . .

    The engineer who designed the iPhone 4 has been sacked. Apple, of yet, has made no official comment.

    Speculate what you will. But I for one think that he probably really wanted to spend more time with his family.

  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie a storm rocks a ship on a sea the wind shakes the leaves on a treeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The news was reported by the New York Times and confirmed by Steve Dowling, head of Apple PR.

    Papermaster, Dowling told the Times, "is leaving the company and Bob Mansfield, senior vice president of Macintosh hardware engineering, is assuming his responsibilities."
    that seems kind of official

    also it doesn't say he was fired. but...

    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • AvicusAvicus Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Eh I don't know. The way he left IBM a couple of years ago makes me think that he is a shopper and has just found another place to go.

    stephen_coop.gifkim_coop.gifscott_guitar.gif
  • AtomikaAtomika Hypercritical Queen Bitch of Cinema Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Avicus wrote: »
    Eh I don't know. The way he left IBM a couple of years ago makes me think that he is a shopper and has just found another place to go.

    You think his resume is heating up because he developed the antennae on the iPhone 4?

  • AvicusAvicus Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Avicus wrote: »
    Eh I don't know. The way he left IBM a couple of years ago makes me think that he is a shopper and has just found another place to go.

    You think his resume is heating up because he developed the antennae on the iPhone 4?

    Because one small design issue is going to ruin the career of someone who was one of the most sought after executives in the business. An issue that isn't that big of a problem either (especially outside of the US).

    edit: And there is no way Apple would have fired him over something like this. He was a massive deal. They poached him from IBM who have been fighting for the past 2 years to get him back. Thats a lot of effort over someone that you think has been fired over an antenna problem (not even his area of expertise).

    stephen_coop.gifkim_coop.gifscott_guitar.gif
Sign In or Register to comment.