Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[D&D 4E OOC & Recruitment] The Tomb of Horrors! aka Rocks fall, everyone dies

Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
edited June 2011 in Critical Failures
backcover.jpg

Somewhere under a lost and lonely hill of grim and foreboding aspect lies a labyrinthine crypt. It is filled with terrible traps and not a few strange and ferocious monsters to slay the unwary. However it is also rumoured to be filled with rich treasures, both precious and magical! And something about an unkillable demilich still haunting the halls but nobody concentrates on that bit. A significant settlement has grown up at the base of the hill, turning selling stuff to the greedy and stupid adventurers that attempt to raid the crypt into a thriving industry. They do not offer credit as they rarely see a repeat customer.

You are a greedy and stupid adventurer! That or you're incredibly arrogant and all those other guys only met a horrible death because they simply weren't as great as you are.

So. I'm looking for five, 9th-level characters to throw themselves into the meat grinder that is the Tomb of Horrors, recently all 4th-ed up and given away as a freebie via the RPGA.

Note. This adventure is old skool. Gygax himself made it as a tournament dungeon. The 4thing up of it has softened the edges a little but it's still very brutal and out to kill you. Fair is not the word. Make your guy, but don't take too long over it or get too attached to him as his life expectancy on crossing the threshold of that dungeon isn't exactly peachy.

Assuming we get enough applicants I'll pick a balanced starting party at random. If (when) casualties occur I'll drop in new players from any excess applicants as I see fit.

Play by post. Rolls on invisible castle or similar. Standard point buy stats and starting gear. If it's in the CB it's legal. No character backgrounds (let's not pretend your creations for this have any depth now).

Oh, and for obvious reasons, if you've played or read this classic dungeon before please stay out. It's no fun if you know what's coming :P

I'm sure I've forgotten stuff so ask away if you have any questions.

Jam Warrior on