As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The New Comic Thread for Friday, August 13, 2010

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Jeedan wrote: »
    LTM wrote: »
    The thing that annoys me about things like this, is that by going overboard reacting to the "culture of rape humor", she's actually helping desensitize people to rape in general.

Couple that with the fact that she's blogging about it for self-promotion.

I guess what I'm saying is, release the dickwolves...

this is the dumbest three sentences I have ever read in consecutive placement.

would you say that it raped your eyes?

PiptheFair on
  • SaintSaint Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    viciously

Saint on
  • OddfishOddfish On opposite weeks In odd numbered monthsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    It just wouldn't be the internet if some gas-bag wasn't being offended by something.

Oddfish on
  • JeedanJeedan Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    ya something like that

Jeedan on
  • Vargas PrimeVargas Prime King of Nothing Just a ShowRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I think today's comic is the appropriate response to the criticisms. Frankly, it is more worrisome to have creative and satirical content taken too seriously and be constantly sanitized for the sake of someone who may take offense over the Internet. Not only is the latter impossible to avoid, but it isn't as if PA is featured on google's home page or some shit.

If you want sometimes lewd, off-color gaming culture jokes, you know where to find them. If you don't, then don't come to PA.

I actually thought the response comic was too tame. It was funny, but I actually would have preferred it if they had either gone all out and just blasted back with something extremely sarcastic, or just ignored it.

Either way, though, I'm glad it happened because otherwise I would have totally missed that blog article, and people trying to explain why entire topics of conversation are not funny is ALWAYS entertaining.

Vargas Prime on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Pip stop raping this thread with your rape rape

Centipede Damascus on
  • Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Jeedan wrote: »
    LTM wrote:
    The thing that annoys me about things like this, is that by going overboard reacting to the "culture of rape humor", she's actually helping desensitize people to rape in general.

Couple that with the fact that she's blogging about it for self-promotion.

I guess what I'm saying is, release the dickwolves...

this is the dumbest three sentences I have ever read in consecutive placement.

Maybe I am just some crazy liberal, but if someone wants to do something that is fine by law, doesn't hurt others, etc, then they should be free to do so without having their mailbox filled up with hate mail, but I guess we don't live in a perfect world.

yes, in a perfect world you would be free from others opinions. you would be able to make an offensive joke and no one would be offended.

Well, without opinions, nothing would be able to be flagged as offensive.

Also, yes Uriel, George Carlin was right.

Lucky Cynic on
    edited August 2010

you coming on to me?

PiptheFair on
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm still not entirely sure how murder is a "suitable" topic for humour but rape isn't

Last I checked both were utterly horrific acts

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Pip, do you need an adult?

To rape you.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    PiptheFair wrote: »

you coming on to me?

Better rape him, just to be sure.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • ComradebotComradebot Lord of Dinosaurs Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

you coming on me?

Fixed.

For maximum rape.

Comradebot on
  • Fatty McBeardoFatty McBeardo Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Also, the oldest equation in the world is comedy = tragedy + time

Fatty McBeardo on
    edited August 2010
    Edcrab wrote: »
    I'm still not entirely sure how murder is a "suitable" topic for humour but rape isn't

because apparently rape is a topic REAL feminists care about or something

I guess my concept of feminists wanting equal treatment rather than being attention-mongering blowhards who don't get gallows humor is apparently deeply flawed

PiptheFair on
  • OddfishOddfish On opposite weeks In odd numbered monthsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

6894911c7640e20fec2b64ab5899ddcd.jpg?

Oddfish on
  • Vargas PrimeVargas Prime King of Nothing Just a ShowRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

Because, either through personal experience or just inconsistencies in morality, people CHOOSE what they are offended by.

If you hear someone make a joke, and are honestly and truly offended by it, as opposed to simply not finding it funny or entertaining, then you're trying too hard.

Vargas Prime on
    edited August 2010
    I think today's comic is the appropriate response to the criticisms. Frankly, it is more worrisome to have creative and satirical content taken too seriously and be constantly sanitized for the sake of someone who may take offense over the Internet. Not only is the latter impossible to avoid, but it isn't as if PA is featured on google's home page or some shit.

If you want sometimes lewd, off-color gaming culture jokes, you know where to find them. If you don't, then don't come to PA.

I actually thought the response comic was too tame. It was funny, but I actually would have preferred it if they had either gone all out and just blasted back with something extremely sarcastic, or just ignored it.

Either way, though, I'm glad it happened because otherwise I would have totally missed that blog article, and people trying to explain why entire topics of conversation are not funny is ALWAYS entertaining.

Kinda like that American greeting card comic with the lady and the picture of hitler.

Yeah, but I just really like the tone of this one.

So smug.

Lucky Cynic on
  • LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

because apparently rape is a topic REAL feminists care about or something

I guess my concept of feminists wanting equal treatment rather than being attention-mongering blowhards who don't get gallows humor is apparently deeply flawed

rapist.

LTM on
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Rape rape rape rape rape.

RAPE

rape culture in action

you are literally a rapist fyi

RAAAAAAAAPE

pip i'm gonna rape you right in your bottom

Clint Eastwood on
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Rolo wrote: »
    1. You are a rapist if you get a girl drunk and have sex with her.

2. You are a rapist if you find a drunk girl and have sex with her.

3. You are a rapist if you get yourself drunk and have sex with her. Your drunkeness is no excuse.

4. If you are BOTH drunk you are still a rapist.

5. If she's alternating between puking her guts out and passing out in the bed then you're a rapist.

6. If she's sleeping and you have sex with her you're a rapist.

7. If she's unconscious and you have sex with her then you're a rapist.

8. If she's taking sleeping pills and doesn’t wake up when you have sex with her then you’re a rapist.

9. If she is incapacitated in any way and unable to say 'Yes' then you're a rapist.

10. If you drug her then you're a rapist.

11. If you find a drugged girl and have sex with her then you're a rapist.

12. If you don't bother to ask her permission and she says neither 'Yes' or 'No' then you could be a rapist.

13. You are a rapist if you 'nag' her for sex. Because you manage to ply an eventual 'yes' from a weary victim doesn't mean it's not rape. You are a rapist.

14. You are a rapist if you try to circumvent her "No" by talking her into it. She's not playing hard to get, and, even if she IS it's not YOUR responsibility to 'get' her. You're still a rapist.

15. You are a rapist if you manipulate her into sex when she doesn't otherwise want it. If you say, "If you loved me you’d do X" then you're a rapist. If you say, "All the other kids are doing it!" then you're a rapist.

16. If you threaten her, or act in a way that SHE thinks you're threatening her then you're a rapist. If you puff up and get loud and frustrated while trying to 'talk' her into sex then you're a rapist.

17. You are a rapist if you don't immediately get your hands off of her when she says 'no'. You are a rapist if you take your hands off of her and then put them back ON her after 10 minutes and she eventually 'gives in' to this tactic.

18. You are a rapist if you won't let her sleep peacefully without waking her every 15 minutes asking her for sex. Sleep depravation is a form of torture and YOU are a rapist.

19. If you're necking with her and you're naked and you've already gone down on her and she says 'No' to sex with you and you have sex with her anyway then you're a rapist.

20. If you're engaged in intercourse and she says 'No' at ANY point and you don't immediately stop then you're a rapist.

21. If she said "Yes" to sex with a condom and that condom breaks and you proceed anyway then you're a rapist.

22. If she picked you up at a bar looking for sex and then decides that she doesn't WANT sex and you continue then you're a rapist.

23. If she changes her mind at ANY point for ANY reason and you don't immediately back off or you try to talk her into it and get sex anyway then you're a rapist.

24. If you don't hit her and she says 'No' you're still a rapist.

25. If you don't have a knife or a gun or a garrote and she says 'No' then you're still a rapist.

26. If you're a friend of hers you can still be a rapist.

27. If you had sex with her the night before but she doesn't want morning sex and you pressure her for it anyway then you're a rapist.

28. If you're her husband you can still be a rapist.

29. If it's your wedding night and she doesn't WANT to have sex with you and you force or coerce her anyway then you're a rapist.

30. If she's had sex with you hundreds of times before but doesn't want to on the 101st time then you're a rapist.

31. If you penetrate her anally, orally or digitally against her will then YOU my friend, are ALSO a rapist.

32. Women do not owe you sex.

33. Buying her dinner does not entitle you to sex.

34. Paying her mortgage does not entitle you to sex.

35. Buying her clothing does not entitle you to sex.

36. Buying her lingerie does not entitle you to sex. It also doesn't mean that she has any obligation to wear that lingerie around you.

37. Spending any amount of money on her does not, ever, entitle you to sex.

38. Seeing her legs or cleavage does not entitle you to sex.

39. If she 'turns you on' you're not entitled to sex.

40. If she has fucked every man in a 10 square mile radius and she doesn't want to fuck you and you have sex with her anyway, then you're a rapist.

41. Her clothing is not a reason for you to rape her. Her LACK of clothing is no reason to rape her. If she's wearing a thong and pasties you STILL have no right to rape her.

42. If she's a prostitute and she says "No" then you're a rapist.

43. If she's a stripper and she says "No" then you're a rapist. Likewise, if she's a stripper and she's been rubbing against your dick all night long and you follow her to her car and have sex with her against her will then you are ALSO a rapist.

44. If you watch a woman being raped without calling the authorities then you're as bad as a rapist and you may also be a rapist yourself.

45. If you don't fight rape then you accept rape.

46. If you don't believe a woman when she says she was raped then you're encouraging rape.

47. If you choose to remain friends with a man who raped a woman you are encouraging rape.

48. If you confess to the authorities that you raped a woman it does not exonerate you. You are not suddenly a model of good behavior.

49. If you ‘only’ raped one woman, you’re STILL a rapist.

50. You cannot tell who is a rapist by the way they look. Rapists are your friends, your brothers, your fathers and you won't know it.

51. Do not get frustrated with a woman if she doesn't trust you. SHE already knows that rapists don't wear signs on their foreheads. Something you think is innocuous SHE may find terrifying.

52. If you are still supportive after finding out a friend is a rapist, you are a rapist.

I just want to point out that this list starts out like a really awkward version of a Jeff Foxworthy bit.

Hunter on
  • NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    gonna throw a rapeparty tonight

nay,

a rapefest

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
    edited August 2010
    also, something that actually and truly disturbs me, which is nigh impossible at this point, is to go to okcupid and look at the answered question on women's profiles and find the question "Do you have rape fantasies?"

the amount of Yes' is really offputting

PiptheFair on
  • WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah so this thread has been raped.

WMain00 on
    edited August 2010
    also, something that actually and truly disturbs me, which is nigh impossible at this point, is to go to okcupid and look at the answered question on women's profiles and find the question "Do you have rape fantasies?"

Especially if it's your mom.

Hunter on
    edited August 2010
    Neli wrote: »

nay,

a rapefest

Rapetoberfest

Lucky Cynic on
  • WildEEPWildEEP Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

TONIGHT. YOU.

WildEEP on
    edited August 2010

nay,

a rapefest

Rapetoberfest

Well, it's August, so wouldn't it be Rapeadan?

Hunter on
  • TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

nay,

a rapefest

Rapetoberfest

Rapeapalooza

TheCanMan on
    edited August 2010
    WildEEP wrote: »

TONIGHT. YOU.

I think that's what hell is like, you know, if I believed in it.

Constantly being raped by dogs

PiptheFair on
    edited August 2010

I saw this on a girl's profile once. In the comments section she wrote, by vamps only.

That made it 20 times worse.

Lucky Cynic on
    edited August 2010

I saw this on a girl's profile once. In the comments section she wrote, by vamps only.

That made it 20 times worse.

Fucking fangbanger slut!

Hunter on
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hunter wrote: »

nay,

a rapefest

Rapetoberfest

Well, it's August, so wouldn't it be Rapeadan?
    oh my god

the...the perfect thing to say, EVER!

Clint Eastwood on
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

yeah, after your first playrape the whole thing is kinda boring

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I was briefly involved with a girl who had rape fantasies

It was weird, I guess, I mean we never got to that stage of things or anything, but still, kinda weird

There's plenty worse though

Straightzi on
    edited August 2010

Proof that they really do ask for it sometimes.

TheCanMan on
    edited August 2010
    TheCanMan wrote: »

nay,

a rapefest

Rapetoberfest

Rapeapalooza

I need to hit up a ticket-master.

Oddfish on
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    WildEEP wrote: »

TONIGHT. YOU.

I think that's what hell is like, you know, if I believed in it.

Constantly being raped by dogs

Hell is having all the dongs, and nowhere to put them.

MKR on
    edited August 2010
    So dick wolves have entered the realms of PA fictional monster types, much like Deep Crows.

I am left wondering if there is such a thing as dire dick wolves.

Lucky Cynic on
    edited August 2010
    So dick wolves have entered the realms of PA fictional monster types, much like Deep Crows.

I am left wondering if there is such a thing as dire dick wolves.

Imagine running into a pack of elite Dick Wolves in WoW though. Those bastards would be a tough fight.

Also, if you pull a pack of Dick Wolves, does that make you a gay?

Hunter on
    edited August 2010
    I imagine they'd look something like this, only with more hair.

794083148_7bMGq-L.jpg

TheCanMan on
This discussion has been closed.