Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

The New Comic Thread for Friday, August 13, 2010

17810121344

Posts

  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Uriel wrote: »
    Aren't lobster generally best cooked alive.

    Not necessarily alive, but fresh. Putting them in the freezer for about a half hour, while alive, slows their metabolism to the point of numbness. From there, you either bisect the head with a chefs knife, killing instantaneously with what experts claim "zero pain" or throw them in a ready steamer, where they will also be dead within ten seconds, also with zero pain.

    bar-cc-1.jpg
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2010
    or you can just rape the lobster, then cook it

    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • crwthcrwth IDIOT NEWS Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Druhim wrote: »
    or you can just rape the lobster, then cook it

    ...go on

  • EdcrabEdcrab Registered User
    edited August 2010
    I'm sure when your victims scream, you monsters just claim that's escaping air too.

    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • November6November6 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hell if I can't laugh at some poor non player character being virtually assaulted by a dickwolf (wolf in dick clothing or vis versa) all I can say it, I Dont Want to Live On This Planet Anymore.

    fucos: Past tense of focus, you have already lost focus that you can't even spell focus. Can be combined with shit for impressing anonymous crowds; fucoshit. source: Wil Weaton
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Druhim wrote: »
    or you can just rape the lobster, then cook it

    I prefer dickwolves do the raping.

    so dark and foul I can't disguise
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig~medium.jpgsteam~tinythumb.png
  • LTMLTM Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    November6 wrote: »
    Hell if I can't laugh at some poor non player character being virtually assaulted by a dickwolf (wolf in dick clothing or vis versa) all I can say it, I Dont Want to Live On This Planet Anymore.

    This is the patriarchy teaching you that all women aren't really people, but randomly generated "characters" who exist only for the pleasure of dickwolves.

  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2010
    End wrote: »
    Druhim wrote: »
    or you can just rape the lobster, then cook it

    I prefer dickwolves do the raping.

    that's racist

    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Edcrab wrote: »
    I'm sure when your victims scream, you monsters just claim that's escaping air too.

    Escaping from their lungs.

    so dark and foul I can't disguise
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig~medium.jpgsteam~tinythumb.png
  • krazykarl1982krazykarl1982 Registered User
    edited August 2010
    Its not particularly rape, but im getting alot of this vibe coming from todays event.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye1C8vMqbHA&#t=0m20s

    sig.php?tag=krazykarlito
  • JeedanJeedan Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    OK, this might not be the right forum for this, but while we're on the subject, could I have someone tell me why I'm wrong to think that being offended is a choice that we make?

    Someone called them the "Offenderati"--and Liberal or Conservative, they always seem to be placing the blame on people not taking responsibility for their words/actions. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills sometimes, because to me, they're placing the responsibility for their REactions to these actions on the 'offending' party. I understand; there are crimes, and those who commit them ought to be punished. But it seems to me like getting (emotionally) offended is at least as much the responsibility of the offended party as the offend-er (hyphen to distinguish from actual criminal offenders).

    I live in what is probably one of the most conservative cultures in America--Provo, Utah. We Mormons love us some rules and guidelines. I see people here who get offended at the drop of a hat (literally), or a joke spoken at the 'wrong' time, and it just seems silly to waste so much emotional energy telling other people that they have offended you. It's one thing to intentionally piss someone off, but getting mad and angry at someone who unintentionally offended you, or who said something that you and your particular circle of friends feel is "offensive" but is entirely unoffensive to him...

    So, when I see feminists mad at the world, or entire countries threatening death because their particular spiritual value was not shared by another (remember the whole "Muhammad in cartoon" issue a few years back?), it just feels like such a waste of time and energy.

    And I know that there's gotta be some logical and rational reason for me to be wrong about this. So, please, in all seriousness, help me see what I'm blind to with this idea of "being offended is a choice you make."

    ok carepost coming in:

    to me the entire reason "edgy" humour is funny is because it is dangerous, because you are walking a fine line that requires a certain amount of skill and with no garuntee of success. good comedians understand this and can pull it off with finesse, hacks dont and rely on shock with no substance. thats the difference between a dave chappelle and a carlos mecia.

    attempting "edgy" humour and then, when someone gets offended turning round and saying "oh no its not MY responsibility for the words i said. its YOUR responsibility for being offended" is lame and cowardly as hell. and with issues relating to gender/race specificly it has a way of it just becoming an expression of "lol, im a straight white male so this word doesent have power over me watch how i use it freely sorry if it OFFENDS you". thats what the blogger that everyone is (ironically) getting offended about is arguing, not that rape jokes literally produce rapists but that a culture that says that if you dont get rape jokes its YOUR fault for being an uptight killjoy basically marginalises rape victims even more than they already are.

    "why cant everyone just put aside their moral/cultural values and adopt mine so i dont have to hear your dissaproval? wouldnt that be easier?" i dont know about you but i would feel like a real shithead if i laughed along to some blowhard at a party making racist jokes and i wouldnt ask anyone else to do similar.

    really im not saying dont make edgy jokes, just dont get indignant when someone gets offended by the thing you specificly thought was funny because you knew it was offensive. take some responsibility for the shitty shit that comes out of your mouth.

    gabes post is a fairly reasonable: "welp, this is our comic I guess. if you dont like it its like this pretty much all the way down" but some of the reactions in this thread, particularly the ones that go "well its the WHINING FEMINISTS who are REALLY desensitising people to rape" are not.

  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Druhim wrote: »
    End wrote: »
    Druhim wrote: »
    or you can just rape the lobster, then cook it

    I prefer dickwolves do the raping.

    that's racist

    Not really race!

    Besides, they're much better at it. More dicks and all that.

    so dark and foul I can't disguise
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig~medium.jpgsteam~tinythumb.png
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Druhim wrote: »
    Uriel wrote: »
    Aren't lobster generally best cooked alive.

    the reason they're kept alive is to keep them super fresh
    cooking them while still alive doesn't magically make them taste better

    they do however release an enzyme shortly after death that pretty much turns them to shitty mush

    which is why they're kept alive

    STEAM
    Spoiler:
  • krazykarl1982krazykarl1982 Registered User
    edited August 2010
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Druhim wrote: »
    or you can just rape the lobster, then cook it

    technically, if you shove a skewer up their anus, it prevents curling


    so I mean

    STEAM
    Spoiler:
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    don't lobsters not feel pain or something. cause they don't have a central nervous system.

    I eat eat freshly killed fruits too.

  • NaphtaliNaphtali Null Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    man now I have a hankering for lobster. god damn it.

    B.net: Naphtali#1830 | Steam | LoL/NNID: ElNaphtali | 3DS: 2852-8363-2374 | Wish List
  • IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Well as a Masculinist I believe that there aren't near enough rape jokes

    Rape jokes for everyone!

    ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • Element BrianElement Brian Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Gabe's face, in every panel.

    I like the idea of the carbonation in your pop being too much for your mormon body

    too worldly nooooo
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    LTM wrote: »
    Isn't shakespearessister the same crazy lady who said that Joss Whedon, and all men in heterosexual relationships were all rapists?

    I'm pretty sure that's the fundamental tenet of feminism

    what no shut up

    it's a tenet of lunatics who use feminism as their cover for being fucking lunatics

    STEAM
    Spoiler:
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Jars wrote: »
    don't lobsters not feel pain or something. cause they don't have a central nervous system.

    I eat eat freshly killed fruits too.

    lobsters feel pain

    STEAM
    Spoiler:
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    If you are too concerned about lobsters feeling pain before you steam them you can put them in the freezer for abou 15 minutes.

    It'll slow their metabolism down so much that they shouldnt feel a thing when you toss them in the steamer.

    Bifurcating the head swiftly also gives them a painless death.

    that's it, I'm shutting this entire forum down, everyone thank buttcleft
  • IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Jars wrote: »
    don't lobsters not feel pain or something. cause they don't have a central nervous system.

    I eat eat freshly killed fruits too.

    lobsters feel pain

    Lobsters feel everyone's pain

    ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • Lord DaveLord Dave Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I mean, we have a character who is a literal rapist.

    heh

    Denny's is for winners.
    mkc.pngmkc.pngmkc.pngmontykevin.png
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    If you are too concerned about lobsters feeling pain before you steam them you can put them in the freezer for abou 15 minutes.

    It'll slow their metabolism down so much that they shouldnt feel a thing when you toss them in the steamer.

    Bifurcating the head swiftly also gives them a painless death.

    you are a page late

    STEAM
    Spoiler:
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    things have just been going steadily downhill since we gave women the vote

  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2010
    Everybody remember the customer service robot that would break through the window and rape customers?

    Or when Tycho got his testicles chewed off by a dog?

    Or when the Fruit Fucker existed?

    Steam name: munkus_beaver
    Blizzard thing: munkus#1952
    Nintendo ID (3DS thinger): munkusbeaver
    Please give to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America: http://www.ccfa.org/
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
  • Lord DaveLord Dave Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I think we should discuss the disturbing conspiracy between dickwolves, who rape people, and Dick Wolf, who creates shows wherein people are often raped

    Denny's is for winners.
    mkc.pngmkc.pngmkc.pngmontykevin.png
  • FactorySquirrelFactorySquirrel Registered User
    edited August 2010
    I don't understand number 3 on the list. Can someone please explain this to me? If the man is drunk and the woman is not, then if anything the woman is raping the man.

    Also, I'm just plain disagreeing with number 4.

    "That man is playing Galaga! He thought we wouldn't notice. But we did."
  • LTMLTM Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    LTM wrote: »
    Isn't shakespearessister the same crazy lady who said that Joss Whedon, and all men in heterosexual relationships were all rapists?

    I'm pretty sure that's the fundamental tenet of feminism

    what no shut up

    it's a tenet of lunatics who use feminism as their cover for being fucking lunatics

    I would tend to apply that to anyone who self-identifies as a feminist at this point in our societal evolution.

  • TheCanManTheCanMan Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Jeedan wrote: »
    OK, this might not be the right forum for this, but while we're on the subject, could I have someone tell me why I'm wrong to think that being offended is a choice that we make?

    Someone called them the "Offenderati"--and Liberal or Conservative, they always seem to be placing the blame on people not taking responsibility for their words/actions. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills sometimes, because to me, they're placing the responsibility for their REactions to these actions on the 'offending' party. I understand; there are crimes, and those who commit them ought to be punished. But it seems to me like getting (emotionally) offended is at least as much the responsibility of the offended party as the offend-er (hyphen to distinguish from actual criminal offenders).

    I live in what is probably one of the most conservative cultures in America--Provo, Utah. We Mormons love us some rules and guidelines. I see people here who get offended at the drop of a hat (literally), or a joke spoken at the 'wrong' time, and it just seems silly to waste so much emotional energy telling other people that they have offended you. It's one thing to intentionally piss someone off, but getting mad and angry at someone who unintentionally offended you, or who said something that you and your particular circle of friends feel is "offensive" but is entirely unoffensive to him...

    So, when I see feminists mad at the world, or entire countries threatening death because their particular spiritual value was not shared by another (remember the whole "Muhammad in cartoon" issue a few years back?), it just feels like such a waste of time and energy.

    And I know that there's gotta be some logical and rational reason for me to be wrong about this. So, please, in all seriousness, help me see what I'm blind to with this idea of "being offended is a choice you make."

    ok carepost coming in:

    to me the entire reason "edgy" humour is funny is because it is dangerous, because you are walking a fine line that requires a certain amount of skill and with no garuntee of success. good comedians understand this and can pull it off with finesse, hacks dont and rely on shock with no substance. thats the difference between a dave chappelle and a carlos mecia.

    attempting "edgy" humour and then, when someone gets offended turning round and saying "oh no its not MY responsibility for the words i said. its YOUR responsibility for being offended" is lame and cowardly as hell. and with issues relating to gender/race specificly it has a way of it just becoming an expression of "lol, im a straight white male so this word doesent have power over me watch how i use it freely sorry if it OFFENDS you". thats what the blogger that everyone is (ironically) getting offended about is arguing, not that rape jokes literally produce rapists but that a culture that says that if you dont get rape jokes its YOUR fault for being an uptight killjoy basically marginalises rape victims even more than they already are.

    "why cant everyone just put aside their moral/cultural values and adopt mine so i dont have to hear your dissaproval? wouldnt that be easier?" i dont know about you but i would feel like a real shithead if i laughed along to some blowhard at a party making racist jokes and i wouldnt ask anyone else to do similar.

    really im not saying dont make edgy jokes, just dont get indignant when someone gets offended by the thing you specificly thought was funny because you knew it was offensive. take some responsibility for the shitty shit that comes out of your mouth.

    gabes post is a fairly reasonable: "welp, this is our comic I guess. if you dont like it its like this pretty much all the way down" but some of the reactions in this thread, particularly the ones that go "well its the WHINING FEMINISTS who are REALLY desensitising people to rape" are not.

    The annoying part isn't that some people get offended by humor. It's that a subsection of that group takes it upon themselves to make sure that they make as many people aware of the fact that they're offended as possible. You can be offended till your little heart's content. Just shut the fuck up about it.

    ps - Is the apostrophe key on your keyboard broken?

  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    If you are too concerned about lobsters feeling pain before you steam them you can put them in the freezer for abou 15 minutes.

    It'll slow their metabolism down so much that they shouldnt feel a thing when you toss them in the steamer.

    Bifurcating the head swiftly also gives them a painless death.

    you are a page late

    Well I cant be everywhere at once.
    Spoiler:

    that's it, I'm shutting this entire forum down, everyone thank buttcleft
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I don't understand number 3 on the list. Can someone please explain this to me? If the man is drunk and the woman is not, then if anything the woman is raping the man.

    Also, I'm just plain disagreeing with number 4.

    the woman who wrote that believes that there is no such thing as consensual heterosexual sex fyi

    STEAM
    Spoiler:
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2010
    LTM wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    LTM wrote: »
    Isn't shakespearessister the same crazy lady who said that Joss Whedon, and all men in heterosexual relationships were all rapists?

    I'm pretty sure that's the fundamental tenet of feminism

    what no shut up

    it's a tenet of lunatics who use feminism as their cover for being fucking lunatics

    I would tend to apply that to anyone who self-identifies as a feminist at this point in our societal evolution.

    Nah, you just don't know what you're talking about. Plenty of reasonable feminists out there, only you're too dense to realize that the most vocal and crazy don't represent all feminists. It's like saying Pat Robertson is representative of Christians just because he gets lots of airtime and says crazy shit.

    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Grandaddy DeliciousGrandaddy Delicious Registered User
    edited August 2010
    There is so much bullshit in this thread. I am face palming so hard I am going to leave a permanent indent on my forehead. If you are offended by a fucking webcomic, I don't think there is any hope for you at all. What a bunch of super-sensitive bitches.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    LTM wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    LTM wrote: »
    Isn't shakespearessister the same crazy lady who said that Joss Whedon, and all men in heterosexual relationships were all rapists?

    I'm pretty sure that's the fundamental tenet of feminism

    what no shut up

    it's a tenet of lunatics who use feminism as their cover for being fucking lunatics

    I would tend to apply that to anyone who self-identifies as a feminist at this point in our societal evolution.

    ...

    i would call myself a feminist because i think women have yet to achieve socioeconomic equality with men, so there is still a place for such advocacy

    am i a lunatic because i want to be paid the same wage for the same work that a man does

    “Hic non defectus est, sed cattus minxit desuper nocte quadam. Confundatur pessimus cattus qui minxit super librum istum in nocte Daventrie, et consimiliter omnes alii propter illum. Et cavendum valde ne permittantur libri aperti per noctem ubi cattie venire possunt.”
    Site | The Miami Grindstone | Twitter | Dropbox | Picture by Galen Dara
  • DarmakDarmak Godking of the Snerkywizards Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm going to rape all of you.

    PIZTDhW.jpg
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Darmak wrote: »
    I'm going to rape all of you.

    not if I rape you first.

    Unless you rape me while i'm raping you while you rape me..recursive rape!

    that's it, I'm shutting this entire forum down, everyone thank buttcleft
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Druhim wrote: »
    LTM wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    LTM wrote: »
    Isn't shakespearessister the same crazy lady who said that Joss Whedon, and all men in heterosexual relationships were all rapists?

    I'm pretty sure that's the fundamental tenet of feminism

    what no shut up

    it's a tenet of lunatics who use feminism as their cover for being fucking lunatics

    I would tend to apply that to anyone who self-identifies as a feminist at this point in our societal evolution.

    Nah, you just don't know what you're talking about. Plenty of reasonable feminists out there, only you're too dense to realize that the most vocal and crazy don't represent all feminists. It's like saying Pat Robertson is representative of Christians just because he gets lots of airtime and says crazy shit.

    the loudmouth christians like him are just as capable of turning people off to religion as crazy feminists are. Most catholic priests are not pedophiles, yet it has had a clear impact on the religion and its following.

  • Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Man, reading over the comments section on that article, I think the mods on that site have entered into some nigh-unbreakable pact, where they can only use the word "douche" to describe people who dissent with the blog author.

    2cf4m6f.gif
This discussion has been closed.