As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The New Comic Thread for Friday, August 13, 2010

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Man that website probably got more hits in the last 3 days than ever before and they are milking it for all they're worth. There's another post up today.

I am trying to figure out where they got these lofty expectations of GnT from.

Goose! on
  • LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Druhim wrote: »
    LTM wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Isn't shakespearessister the same crazy lady who said that Joss Whedon, and all men in heterosexual relationships were all rapists?

I'm pretty sure that's the fundamental tenet of feminism

what no shut up

it's a tenet of lunatics who use feminism as their cover for being fucking lunatics

I would tend to apply that to anyone who self-identifies as a feminist at this point in our societal evolution.

Nah, you just don't know what you're talking about. Plenty of reasonable feminists out there, only you're too dense to realize that the most vocal and crazy don't represent all feminists. It's like saying Pat Robertson is representative of Christians just because he gets lots of airtime and says crazy shit.

That very well may be.

However, in my opinion, identifying as a "feminist" carries the same weight as identifying as a "tea partier" or " --- supremacist". My interpretation would be that ideology only supports the betterment of society through a narrow scope of what that group considers acceptable.

LTM on
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2010
    There is so much bullshit in this thread. I am face palming so hard I am going to leave a permanent indent on my forehead. If you are offended by a fucking webcomic, I don't think there is any hope for you at all. What a bunch of super-sensitive bitches.

Oh Tobias, you blowhard!

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • CrossBusterCrossBuster Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The author of that blog is basically this.

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
  • Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Feminism isn't bad.

Silly geese like Sarah Palin, who use feminism as some sort of rallying call for women, are.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
    edited August 2010
    Quoth wrote: »
    Isn't shakespearessister the same crazy lady who said that Joss Whedon, and all men in heterosexual relationships were all rapists?

what no shut up

it's a tenet of lunatics who use feminism as their cover for being fucking lunatics

I would tend to apply that to anyone who self-identifies as a feminist at this point in our societal evolution.

i would call myself a feminist because i think women have yet to achieve socioeconomic equality with men, so there is still a place for such advocacy

am i a lunatic because i want to be paid the same wage for the same work that a man does

no, you're a lunatic because you're a woman

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    hahahahaha ltm what the fuck are you even doing

mensch-o-matic on
    edited August 2010
    Jars wrote: »

what no shut up

Nah, you just don't know what you're talking about. Plenty of reasonable feminists out there, only you're too dense to realize that the most vocal and crazy don't represent all feminists. It's like saying Pat Robertson is representative of Christians just because he gets lots of airtime and says crazy shit.

the loudmouth christians like him are just as capable of turning people off to religion as crazy feminists are. Most catholic priests are not pedophiles, yet it has had a clear impact on the religion and its following.

thanks for going off on your little tangent I guess, though I don't see how it contributes

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited August 2010

what no shut up

i would call myself a feminist because i think women have yet to achieve socioeconomic equality with men, so there is still a place for such advocacy

am i a lunatic because i want to be paid the same wage for the same work that a man does

This right here would be something to which I take objection. The debate is framed within a context of "man vs women", not inequity of pay, which would seemingly be a larger issue.

LTM on
  • QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

what no shut up

it is true, this vagina has cursed me from birth to be insane

Quoth on
    edited August 2010
    hahahahaha ltm what the fuck are you even doing

I have no idea. I've gotten into a "mood"...

I'm...sorry

LTM on
    edited August 2010

what no shut up

That very well may be.

However, in my opinion, identifying as a "feminist" carries the same weight as identifying as a "tea partier" or " --- supremacist". My interpretation would be that ideology only supports the betterment of society through a narrow scope of what that group considers acceptable.

So I was right, you don't know what you're talking about. Thanks for clearing that up.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited August 2010
    so should i go back to see if the last dozen pages were just rape jokes

mensch-o-matic on
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Feminism isn't bad.

Silly geese like Sarah Palin, who use feminism as some sort of rallying call for women, are.

Don't be silly

Shes not a feminist.

She's a Grizzliest.

Buttcleft on
    edited August 2010
    btw im rape irl >D

mensch-o-matic on
    edited August 2010

what no shut up

This right here would be something to which I take objection. The debate is framed within a context of "man vs women", not inequity of pay, which would seemingly be a larger issue.

uh, when women consistently get paid less for doing the exact same work as men, how else do you frame it?

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    Feminism isn't bad.

Don't be silly

Shes not a feminist.

She's a Grizzliest.

As in she is someone who rapes grizzly bears?

[IMG][/img]
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

what no shut up

it is true, this vagina has cursed me from birth to be insane
    hush, you're hysterical

Antimatter on
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    considering the latest post in the banning thread, this comic is made even more funny to me

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

what no shut up

Wait, why the hell is feminism men vs. women?

Straightzi on
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Darmak wrote: »
    I'm going to rape all of you.

not if I rape you first.

Unless you rape me while i'm raping you while you rape me..recursive rape!

We'd be raping each other, forever

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Man that website probably got more hits in the last 3 days than ever before and they are milking it for all they're worth. There's another post up today.

Goose! on
    edited August 2010
    Goose! wrote: »

rapetown

Quoth on
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    IpseDixit wrote: »
    Jars wrote: »
    don't lobsters not feel pain or something. cause they don't have a central nervous system.

I eat eat freshly killed fruits too.

lobsters feel pain

Lobsters feel everyone's pain

Empathetic sons of bitches.

KalTorak on
  • UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

what no shut up

That very well may be.

Really?

So because I want to earn the same salary as someone with a dick, I'm crazy?

You're coming off as extremely ignorant.

Usagi on
  • November6November6 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

I wonder if it will top Fat Princess debacle of aught 8.

November6 on
    fucos: Past tense of focus, you have already lost focus that you can't even spell focus. Can be combined with shit for impressing anonymous crowds; fucoshit. source: Wil Weaton
    edited August 2010
    P.S. they're reading these threads and are very disappointed in us and our stream of rape jokes.

Goose! on
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    P.S. they're reading these threads and are very disappointed in us and our stream of rape jokes.

Well if that dosnt just rape me in the ass.

Buttcleft on
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

It's been a low flow day, yeah

We can step it up though

Straightzi on
    edited August 2010

this feels like the "i love to laugh" scene from mary poppins

Quoth on
  • DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

This I have no issue with, there's honest to god misogyny going on out there and speaking out about it should be commended. But when people look for issues where there are none, and freak out about non offensive things because everyone has to speak in a completely politically correct fashion in fear of offending others it takes the spotlight away from real issues and places them on non issues. I also like how people who comment on the blogger's board disagreeing with the blogger are moderated, their posts deleted and replaced by calling them rapists. Censorship is the first form of admitting you can't win a debate.

DeShadowC on
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

Well if that dosnt just rape me in the ass.

It's going to have to wait in line, I'm still raping you and probably won't be done for another 5-6 hours or so.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
    edited August 2010
    DeShadowC wrote: »

This I have no issue with, there's honest to god misogyny going on out there and speaking out about it should be commended. But when people look for issues where there are none, and freak out about non offensive things because everyone has to speak in a completely politically correct fashion in fear of offending others it takes the spotlight away from real issues and places them on non issues. I also like how people who comment on the blogger's board disagreeing with the blogger are moderated, their posts deleted and replaced by calling them rapists. Censorship is the first form of admitting you can't win a debate.

well yes, but to say that the root of that behavior is feminism is just silly

Quoth on
    edited August 2010
    where did gnt link directly to that shakesville blog, anyway

mensch-o-matic on
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm fine with feminists like Quoth who are for /fight for equality. I'm not for "feminists" like our article-writing friend who are for tipping the scales in women's favor at the expense of men: their goal isn't equality but punishing men-folk for crimes they may or may not have committed. Their complaints ring hollow due to their ulterior motive. And just like with furries, the extremists have hijacked the term and made the movement seem like she-womyn man-haters who want a utopia filled with lesbians who have figured out how to reproduce without men who also are all now dead (which is why it's a utopia: only men create war, violence, and strife you see) so that's why people are wary of women who self-identify as being a feminist.

Opty on
  • UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    DeShadowC wrote: »

Just like Sarah Palin's Facebook wall

Usagi on
    edited August 2010

I'm fairly certain that their disapproval indicates that we're doing something right.

[IMG][/img]
    edited August 2010
    I'm going to censor usagi by making her get her ass in the kitchen and cook something for dinner.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    The annoying part isn't that some people get offended by humor. It's that a subsection of that group takes it upon themselves to make sure that they make as many people aware of the fact that they're offended as possible. You can be offended till your little heart's content. Just shut the fuck up about it.

You know what offends me?

No, you don't.

Because I keep my fucking mouth shut.

That one stupid fuck finds something offensive is a tidbit of useless information too useless even for the internet.

Kainy on
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
    edited August 2010
    Opty wrote: »
    I'm fine with feminists like Quoth who are for /fight for equality. I'm not for "feminists" like our article-writing friend who are for tipping the scales in women's favor at the expense of men: their goal isn't equality but punishing men-folk for crimes they may or may not have committed. Their complaints ring hollow due to their ulterior motive. And just like with furries, the extremists have hijacked the term and made the movement seem like she-womyn man-haters who want a utopia filled with lesbians who have figured out how to reproduce without men who also are all now dead (which is why it's a utopia: only men create war, violence, and strife you see) so that's why people are wary of women who self-identify as being a feminist.

and people are wary of gamers because they like to shoot up schools

Quoth on
This discussion has been closed.