As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pax Arcadia: An Alliance PVE Guild on Draenor (US)

• notmetalenoughnotmetalenough Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I know you guys are working on getting people geared up, I didn't mean to sound critical or impatient.

But, to sound impatient, when I landed that racks in Ylon's gold base, I realized that the fucking clock is ticking. I either milk you guys for what you're worth or I get better at starcrafts. I don't see getting any better at starcrafts. That shit is baffling.

notmetalenough on
    Samael the Radiant Faced-- Official Naming, Going Nuclear, Click on the Quest, Make She Run and Guild Measurements Officer - Clawshrimp & Co, Draenor-US
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Thanks for the invite, fellas. Work on grinding Genesius from 1-80 has begun. Hope you like ret pallies.

Ceno on
  • NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    You got your starcrafts in my warcrafts!

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • AfroJAfroJ Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    ONE OF US! ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

AfroJ on
    camo_sig2.png
  • 28682868 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I just got my 232 bracers today. Need moar trinkets. My rings and necklaces could stand an upgrade too.

I am 20 triumph away from the good hat.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Draenor&cn=Bootlicker

2868 on
    Warhams. Allatime warhams.

buy warhams
  • LeftOnRedLeftOnRed Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I know you guys are working on getting people geared up, I didn't mean to sound critical or impatient.

But, to sound impatient, when I landed that racks in Ylon's gold base, I realized that the fucking clock is ticking. I either milk you guys for what you're worth or I get better at starcrafts. I don't see getting any better at starcrafts. That shit is baffling.

That was so pro. Still pretty pissed that Ylon still won that game though. I demand victory when I cheese!

LeftOnRed on
    edited August 2010
    Oh fuck you for having a felglacier bolter. I ran Heroic Pit of Saron so many times to get that drop.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Playing from the back of your boat, Celic?

Kreutz on
    edited August 2010
    Real pros don't let pussy shit like floods stop them.

Also, Felgalcier Bolter dropped the very first time I ran HPoS. It was the best.

LeftOnRed on
    edited August 2010
    Noisymunk wrote: »
    Oh fuck you for having a felglacier bolter. I ran Heroic Pit of Saron so many times to get that drop.

I got the Black Knight's Rondel the first HToC I did. You were there. Boots is lucky, what can I say.

2868 on

buy warhams
    edited August 2010
    Since you were asking about it, here's some gear you could work on getting:

Neck: Barbed Ymirheim Choker - Drops From Forgemaster Garfrost in Heroic Pit of Saron.

Back: Accursed Crawling Cape - Drops from Devourer of Souls in Regular Forge of Souls. Hammerhead Sharkskin Cloak - Downgrade Triumph Emblems and buy from vendor.

Waist: Belt of the Twilight Assassin - Downgrade Triumph Emblems and buy from vendor. Death-Warmed Belt - Buy from the Auction House, or Buy the mats and find a Leatherworker with the Pattern.

Feet: Blighted Leather Footpads - Drops from the Lich King in Heroic Halls of Reflection.

Ring1: Band of Stained Souls - Drops from Scourgelord Tyrannus in Heroic Pit of Saron.

Ring2: Dexterous Brightstone Ring Purchase with Triumph Emblems.

Trinket1: Banner of Victory - Drops from the Confessor's Cache in Regular Trial of the Champion.

Trinket2: Needle-Encrusted Scorpion - Drops from the Devourer of Souls in Heroic Forge of Souls. Mirror of Truth - Downgrade Triumph emblems and purchase from vendor.

Off Hand: Blood Weeper - Drops from the Devourer of Souls in Heroic Forge of Souls. Unsharpened Ice Razor - Drops from Trash in all 3 of the Heroic Frozen Halls Instances.

That should keep you busy.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, what Noisy said. Also, for other people that have similar questions, a good google search is "pre-icc gear list <class>" which is how I've geared both of my characters. Generally you will find this information is readily available on the internets.

notmetalenough on
    Samael the Radiant Faced-- Official Naming, Going Nuclear, Click on the Quest, Make She Run and Guild Measurements Officer - Clawshrimp & Co, Draenor-US
    edited August 2010
    Beware of dragons.

AfroJ on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited August 2010
    Especially bad ones.....

I'm so sorry.

LeftOnRed on
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, what Noisy said. Also, for other people that have similar questions, a good google search is "pre-icc gear list <class>" which is how I've geared both of my characters. Generally you will find this information is readily available on the internets.

That was nice of Noisy to do, but when I asked him what I needed the other day I didn't mean take time and make me a specific list, I meant what was required to go on raids, eg "4/5 of your t9 and 219 plus in every slot," which was stated earlier in the thread but I somehow missed.

Not that I mind Noisy making the list and all.

2868 on

buy warhams
    edited August 2010
    That's what officers do, man.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
    edited August 2010
    245 hat procured. 245 ring procured. 219 neck procured.

Lost two rolls on that goddamned banner of victory though, and a roll on the scorpion trinket to a facerolling idiot who fed James Brown Three Souls and begged the tank to hold still during the fight, "so [he] can can do [his] JOB."

2868 on

buy warhams
    edited August 2010
    Welcome to the pain of trying to get a Needle Encrusted Scorpion. This will happen a lot.

LeftOnRed on
    edited August 2010
    I'll probably be late for the raid today.

AfroJ on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited August 2010
    I wont be late

AfroJ on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited August 2010
    Good Forge of Souls run for me. I got Unsharpened Ice Razor, Papa's new knife, and Papa's bag. I also got Banner of Victory right before that.

2868 on

buy warhams
    edited August 2010
    I put feelers out for buying a LK 25 kill this week. If we can't get Sindy down until we get our newer players geared up and in raiding form, maybe we can get a couple HM down in the meantime.

Also, for players that are new and were having trouble with the coordination on Sindy, maybe get movement speed enchants for your boots? A little pep in your step gives you more room for error.

For DKs, the good one is Cat's Swiftness, but Tuskarr's Vitality isn't bad I guess (although stam is useless when you have a Creide).

notmetalenough on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Well I've got my rogue (LinusMcstab) sitting at 58 which according to the guides means it's Outland time. I don't know what kind of time table or what I'm going to have to do to get RAID ready for you guys..or how long it will take me to get to 80 from 58 ( apparently I can get to 60 in half an hour in outlands from 58-60?)

But I am trying to get raid ready.

Ludious on
  • Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Getting from 58 to 68 will take you no time at all, really... probably a few days if you hit it pretty hard.

However, once you hit Northrend it's a bit of a brick wall... takes assloads of XP to gain levels, and you pretty much have to quest like crazy as killing mobs gives very little compared to how much you need.

Not that it's bad, really... I enjoy the quests in Northrend generally and the progression feels right. Just that if you're trying to do it super-fast, it can be a bit frustrating.

Toxic Pickle on
    edited August 2010
    I took me maybe two weeks to go from 72 to 80 (not play time, of course). But 77-80 went by super quick. And It felt like the last two levels were too quick. Flying made all the difference.

Basically you can't join raids until I have all the rogue loot I want.

2868 on

buy warhams
    edited August 2010
    Honestly, leveling is really only the start. It's getting the gear together once you're 80 that's going to make you want to punch things.

LeftOnRed on
    edited August 2010
    OK hookers, I'm raid ready, (pretty much) I need new boots, which may be considered ironic.

I got Death-Warmed belt today, and my 264 Sanctified pants.

2868 on

buy warhams
    edited August 2010
    2868 wrote: »
    OK hookers, I'm raid ready, (pretty much) I need new boots, which may be considered ironic.

I got Death-Warmed belt today, and my 264 Sanctified pants.

Now you must battle Mikenice in the Circle of Death.

Downgrade a few Emblems of Triumph to Emblems of Heroism and pick up a Mirror of Truth to replace that trinket.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
    edited August 2010
    That mirror of truth is not that good, despite its chance on crit proc. The meager 60 haste is better than the flat crit chance.

Honestly neither of the crit trinkets intrigue me much, but I guess it is what it is.

2868 on

buy warhams
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Is the list of needed classes in the op still current? Cause to be honest I'm re-subbing and want to roll alliance for an eventual Worgen but I need something in the meantime and am willing to play/learn any class/role

bloodyroarxx on
    edited August 2010
    It's hard to pin down what something good to roll would be since our needs are fluid and would probably be different when you got to 80 compared to what they are now. Just roll what you like playing.

LeftOnRed on
  • KoldanarKoldanar Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    LeftOnRed wrote: »
    It's hard to pin down what something good to roll would be since our needs are fluid and would probably be different when you got to 80 compared to what they are now. Just roll what you like playing.

Heck, when I transfered over a few weeks ago, I seemed to be the only pally around. Now there are 4. Do like he said, find what you like and enjoy!

Koldanar on
    3DS friend code : 1375 - 7258 - 4504
  • ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hey guys, what time do you raid on wednesdays? Myself (rogue) and a Hunter friend of mine are having the shits of our guild and may want to transfer, but we're EST. The Sunday stuff wouldnt be an issue but if you guys raid to late on Wednesdays then we'll have to look elsewhere.

Reigner on
    Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
    edited August 2010
    We start at 9pm ET on Wednesday and go till about 11-11:30.

AfroJ on
    camo_sig2.png
  • SarahstraszaSarahstrasza Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Got an update on classes you need?

Sarahstrasza on
    edited August 2010
    LeftOnRed wrote: »

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Except for druids. Enough with the fucking druids already. We get it, you're one re-spec away from doing our jobs better. Fuck you.

Kreutz on
    edited August 2010
    We're also a little stuffed on paladins at the moment.

As far as roles go, DPS is a little crowded at the moment. Tanks and healers are more likely to be able to jump right into a raid spot.

LeftOnRed on
  • Simon MoonSimon Moon Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    For what it's worth, we have 2 80 Hunters and 2 80 Warlocks, compared with huge quantities of melee DPS. Apparently, we hate pet classes.

Simon Moon on
    Steam: simon moon
    edited August 2010
    And only one of the warlocks raids.

AfroJ on
    camo_sig2.png