As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Scott Pilgrim Thread 2: Now on DVD. TAG ALL BOOK 6 SPOILERS

QuidQuid Definitely not a bananaRegistered User regular
edited February 2011 in Debate and/or Discourse
Here is the incredibly detailed OP stolen from the first thread which is getting too big:

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World!

Official-ish stuff:

Scott Pilgrim is a Six Volume Comic Series by Bryan Lee O'Malley, published by Oni Press. Volume 6 is set to release July 20, 2010. The Movie, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World is set to release August 13, 2010.

Scottpilgrim.ning.com: There be stuff here.

Characters:
lj_Scott.gif
Scott Pilgrim

This is Scott Pilgrim. He is the hero of the book. He use to date Knives but is now dating Ramona. He is the bassist for Sex Bob-omb. He is awesome.

lj_Ramona.gif
Ramona Flowers

This is Ramona Flowers. She is mysterious. She use to date various evil guys but is now dating Scott. She is mysterious.

lj_Knives.gif
Knives Chau
This is Knives Chau. She is crazy. She use to date Scott but is now dating Neil. She is totally in love with Scott.

lj_Wallace.gif
Wallace Wells
This is Wallace Wells. He is Scott's gay roommate. He dates guys. He is very gay.

lj_Kim.gif
Kim Pine
This is Kim Pine. She probably does not like you. She use to date Scott in High School. She is the drummer for Sex Bob-omb.

lj_Stills.gif
Steven Stills
This is Steven Stills. He is "the talented one". He sometimes dates Julie. He is the lead singer / songwriter for Sex Bob-omb.

lj_YoungNeil.gif
Young Neil
This is Young Neil. He is young. He is possibly dating Knives. He is young.

Series Summary:
Scott Pilgrim's life is so awesome. He's 23 years old, in a rock band, "between jobs," and dating a cute high school girl. Everything's fantastic until a seriously mind-blowing, dangerously fashionable, rollerblading delivery girl named Romona Flowers starts cruising through his dreams and sailing by him at parties. But the path to Ms. Flowers isn't covered in rose petals. Ramona's seven evil ex-boyfriends stand in the way between Scott and true happiness. can Scott beat the bad guys and get the girl without turning his precious little life upside-down?

Trailers:
Trailer 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57saocQSQDo

Trailer 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJDq9LD7ww8&feature=player_embedded

TV Spot 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5W5o4AshrY&feature=player_embedded

MTV Movie Awards Clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rae-ntplV54

International Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8ZXnYvRaA4&feature=player_embedded

"A Look Inside" Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI35UDwvILU&feature=player_embedded

Remix Video "Prepare"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRtB1sxvNKs

Remix Video "Hey"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ii41eOM5Wk&feature=channel

Remix Video "Love"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGC7ufSVmnM&feature=related

Remix Video "Ramona"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20D7tWsus-M

Remix Video "Fight"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4LM2v5gOm4&feature=player_embedded

Clip:

"FINISH HIM"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONai3lNQLZo&feature=player_embedded

A Little Bi-Furious
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXckoloKEn0&feature=player_embedded

ZOMG Animated Shorts?!

The Music from the Trailers is awesome. I can has?!

You Can Has!

And hey here's the music from the movie too.

Holy Fuck! They are making a Video Game?!:
They sure are!

Xbox Live Release Date: August 25th

attractmo.de Screenshot Gallery

June 17th Screenshots - Character select screen

E3 2010 Exclusive Gameplay Footage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=074M_1dXSj8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S65GtrVg_4M&feature=player_embedded

Reviews:

Kevin Smith's Review:
“I saw Edgar’s movie, Scott Pilgrim. That movie is great. It’s spellbinding and nobody is going to understand what the fuck just hit them. I would be hard pressed to say,”he’s bringing a comic book to life!” but he is bringing a comic book to life. If you’ve ever seen Scott Pilgrim, he did a fucking damn fine job of taking essentially an anime looking book and putting it into the real world while keeping everything about that book that’s kind of cool and what pops. He describes it as Say Anything meets Kill Bill and he’s not that far from accuracy. The chick who plays Knives, the little Asian girl, she’s going to be a star. She is adorable in the movie and not that everyone [is]. You’ve seen the other cats in other flicks, but she’s new to me. She pulled off the anime wide-eyed expression without any CG effects so incredibly well. I remember watching the movie and going,”oh my god, she’s like a living cartoon right now.” When she shows excitement [Kevin does a squeal to replicate the excitement] like that kind of thing. Whenever they draw them in anime, the character’s eyes get incredibly circular and wide, she’s able to do that. That’s cool. Michael Cera is really great. He’s also doing something that’s different from what most people know him as in terms of the character. He’s a little more self assured and Bugs Bunny-like than George Michael. The fight scenes are fun. It’s just a fucking good time, man. That dude, I considered that dude [Edgar Wright] one of the most talented filmmakers working today. I love Quentin [Tarantino] and I’ve loved everything Quentin has done, but I think Edgar is just kind of leaps ahead of the rest of us. This dude fucking thinks in these cinematic terms and visuals that’s still closely related and tied into the story. He’s not one of those guys who say’s, “fuck story and fuck dialogue.” He’s the complete package. I’m always concentrated on what people are saying and trying to make it funny, shit like that. He does that while also trying to make it a cinematic, a visceral cinematic experience. I like his stuff so much. Shaun of the Dead is an immediately watchable movie. I can watch it and then start it over to watch it again. I feel the same way about Hot Fuzz, maybe not as intensely because Shaun of the Dead works aside from being a homage film. It works as a romantic comedy, a study on relationships, and it works on a bunch of different levels. He’s the goods and if someone said, “you gotta pick one guy and you’d have to watch only his movies for the rest of your life,” I’d pick Edgar. He’s done no wrong, as far as I’m concerned.”

Gawker Review: SPOILERS

Trailer Assessment:
GamerVision.com Scene-by-scene through the trailer

Movie Posters:
Movie Posters featuring the Evil Exes.

Better shots of the Evil Exes movie posters

Animated Gifs!:

VS

Evil Ex #1

Animated Animation!

Merchandise!:

Welovefine.com T-shirts

+DMG against Blondes T-Shirt

Keychains and Mugs and T-Shirts, Oh My!
Hot Topic has things

ZOMG Figurines!

Modly Edits!:
ElJeffe edit:
SPOILER RULES

No spoiler tags are necessary for anything from Books 1-5. Any spoilers for Book 6 or the movie MUST be in spoiler tags.

So, Discuss Scott Pilgrim.

Quid on

• fmz65fmz65 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I liked the movie a lot.

I'm debating if I want to read the book because after reading Wikipedia it doesn't seem they're too similar.

Two of my favorite things from the movie were:
    The Crash at the Demonhead performance (I really like that song)

and

"I need to pee on her... I mean pee"

fmz65 on
    daleyk.png
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    uh soooo movie thing
    everyone mentions original ending (from april). what was that and what was this movie's ending (just because i'm dumb and can easily forget things i just saw yesterday)

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    uh soooo movie thing
    everyone mentions original ending (from april). what was that and what was this movie's ending (just because i'm dumb and can easily forget things i just saw yesterday)
    The movie originally ended with Scott getting back with Knives

Speed Racer on
  • IgortIgort Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Still over a week before this film comes out in the UK. :(

Igort on
    edited August 2010
    uh soooo movie thing
    ... i'm edgar wight?

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So I watched this last night, very entertaining.

The one female who was with us had the following to say after the movie.

"But, why did Ramona like Scott? That's what I don't understand here."

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    My two favorite fight scenes were this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqVqseRd9sg

and this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0_zzUjg8EU

God, I love the music in this movie.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • XiaNaphryzXiaNaphryz Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    uh soooo movie thing

The general flow of the movie also seemed to me to lead to that original ending more naturally.

XiaNaphryz on
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    uh soooo movie thing

Really? I assumed people were just saying "They totally changed it" in the same manner as "it's been shopped, hence the pixels". Well, whatever. Either way works.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm kinda disappointed to discover the Clash at Demonhead song was Metric. I was all excited thinking I'd have another band to love but I already like these guys. Good song though.

Vincent Grayson on
  • ZimmydoomZimmydoom Accept no substitutes Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I can't really respond to any of the posts in this thread yet since I won't be seeing the movie until next week, and Goddamnit if I'm going to spoil it for myself after a three-week self-imposed media embargo after Book 6 came out (I had pre-ordered it along with Kick-Ass on Blu-Ray thinking they would be at my house when I returned from summer school. I was WRONG).

Once I finally got my hands on the book I burned through it in 35 minutes. :oops:

However I did not know that the game was coming out so soon. Now that I do, I am going to go run and grab that motherfucker RIGHT NOW.

Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Damn it, the Sex Bob-bomb sounded waaay too good in this movie.

Also, WTF happened to Launchpad Mcquack? Why they have to changed it?

Casually Hardcore on
    edited August 2010
    I'm kinda disappointed to discover the Clash at Demonhead song was Metric. I was all excited thinking I'd have another band to love but I already like these guys. Good song though.
    The actress actually sang the lyrics, however.

Metric just played the instruments.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited August 2010
    fuck this two week wait for the 360 scott pilgrim is two weeks long gah

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I was disappointed that
    Crash and the Boys got killed by the Patel fight, and they didn't come back in a poorly-set-up-deus-ex-machina as The Boys and Crash.

Cameron_Talley on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • BigBearBigBear If your life had a face, I would punch it. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Seeing this in five hours.

Oh god oh man oh god oh maaaan!

BigBear on
  • Autobobby1Autobobby1 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Oh man, I loved that movie so much. Pretty much all of my complaints are about things they had to remove, but I can understand. Cera, nailed it, except for
    the Pac-Man bit. Really akward.

Things I loved that weren't in the books:
    The Vegan Police jumping in the air and high-fiving after zapping Todd. That was just so perfect.

I loved when Scott and Julie broke the fourth wall when talking about her constant bleeping.

All of the stuff added with Wallace was so great. So, so great. Like his constant gossiping, even when asleep. And the gag where Scott sits up in bed, then Wallace, and then Other Scott (and later Jimmy too).

Nega-Scott turning out to be a nice guy was a great touch. I was worried they'd take out Nega-Scott, and I'm glad they managed to make his small part hilarious and surprising.

I loved the whole Chaos Theatre scene, but as soon as Scott came back to life and impatiently sped through the scene again it got amazing. And then Kim shouts "WE ARE SEX BOB-OMB AND WE ARE HERE TO WATCH SCOTT PILGRIM KICK YOUR TEETH IN!!! ONE-TWO-THREE-FOUR!!!" Amazing. Watching Scott kick ass as Sex Bob-Omb plays was probably my favorite part in the entire movie.

Speaking of Sex Bob-Omb, I loved the music. I think the purposeful crappiness came from the strange lyrics (truck truck truck truck) rather than the music itself, which is fine. The music definitely added a unique energy to the movie. And while I enjoyed the beginning, I only realized how perfect the movie was going to be when they started playing and the title appeared. Wow.

So yeah. The movie might have been a bit weak in the characterization department, but the acting, action, and especially editing were all great.

As far as the Scott and Ramona discussion goes,
    I think they make a good couple and it shows. At first Scott just has a crush on Ramona and Ramona is just happy to be with someone nice for once. But while most people can't get over this, I find it to be a big part of their character development. Bryan Lee O'Malley and Edgar Wright surely understand that this is not a good basis for a relationship. That's the point. They both need to mature as people and find better reasons to be together. While book 6 outright explains why they make a good couple in the end, the movie just has them say "let's try again." Scott still loves Ramona, and Ramona realizes how much Scott has had to go through to be with her. It may not be spoon-fed to the audience, but I think it should be fairly obvious.

Autobobby1 on
    edited August 2010
    movie and books
    yup i love the parallels of the movies and books. i think they both capture the same theme of past baggage both endings capture the trying it again thing

hm my explanation is falling flat. oh well.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    this two week gap between the release of the game for ps3 and 360 is retarded

most people don't have both consoles, so you're just making a ton of people wait and losing the energy from the movie release

ronzo on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Just to reiterate my opinion of the movie;
    I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who hasn't read the books, frankly. The movie wouldn't make sense otherwise.

The movie had its fair share of jokes unique to it that didn't carry over from the books, like the Seinfeld thing and "I need to pee on her," which was a good treat. The moving around of events and changing who had what line was okay I guess.

The books weren't meant to be constrained to a 2 hour film. A trilogy definitely would've worked out way better. Especially since we would've had some character and character-relationship depth all around. Because seriously there's no depth to Scott and Ramona (his wanting to be with her seems super shallow, yet he's going through all this trouble for her?), or Scott and Kim (his apology at the end, which is something that happens at the end of book 5 and has infinitely more meaning in the books), etc etc etc.

The casting was meh for the most part. The editing / effects is what made the film good to see.

My apologies for not having the most extreme hard-on for the film.

Henroid on
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    My two favorite fight scenes were this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqVqseRd9sg

and this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0_zzUjg8EU

God, I love the music in this movie.

Hell yes. Given they really changed those two fights they did a fantastic job of it.

Frankly I could do with an entire movie just about bands/musicians battling like that.

Quid on
  • DoomSong8DoomSong8 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    DoomSong8 on
    578991-5FHNJ36.jpg
    XBL:Gravity MD PSN:Gravity1204 Steam:Gravity1204
  • HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    A trilogy is a terrible idea. Just no.

If this was originally a movie, you would just not have as many evil exes. You could knock it down to like four or five, one for each act.

But given that it was an adaptation, I think it's inevitable that the pacing would be not as organic.

EDIT:

I need a Scott Pilgrim ring tone. Anyone know of any?

HamHamJ on
    While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • ShaggyShaggy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Saw this last night and loved it. I agree it would have worked better as more than one movie but whatever, I'll take what I can get. Sex Bob-omb was an awesome band. Beck should just write a whole album as them.

The only thing I really would have liked to see from the book that wasn't in it was
    not having the rest of Sex Bob-omb and everyone else fight back against Patel. That is one of my favorite scenes in the books and I think it highlights some of the more absurd parts. I just think that scene would have been amazing on film. Also the "Are you a pirate?" line was hilarious

Shaggy on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Shaggy wrote: »
    Saw this last night and loved it. I agree it would have worked better as more than one movie but whatever, I'll take what I can get. Sex Bob-omb was an awesome band. Beck should just write a whole album as them.

The only thing I really would have liked to see from the book that wasn't in it was
    not having the rest of Sex Bob-omb and everyone else fight back against Patel. That is one of my favorite scenes in the books and I think it highlights some of the more absurd parts. I just think that scene would have been amazing on film. Also the "Are you a pirate?" line was hilarious
    Yeah that part disappointed me too. Instead of just having the villain break out into a dance fight in the film, they should've had EVERYONE do it as it was originally. Plus, seeing Kim not really have her heart in it would've been rad.

Henroid on
  • Buster BladeBuster Blade Katy, TxRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Saw the movie today. Thought it was good, not great, but very good. Anyway as i am leaving out the parking lot i see this van park near the end of a parking strip. It probably was there promotional purposes but it was still awesome.
    Sorry for the bad shots. It was my camera phone and i was too lazy to park and get out of my truck.

EDIT: Click on the pics so you can zoom in on the windshields

PICS INSIDE:
    081410134300.th.jpg
    081410134301.th.jpg
    081410134400.th.jpg

Buster Blade on
    Steam: Buster Blade
    Xbox: CDN_Buster
    3DS: 4957-3435-6477
  • GrimthwackerGrimthwacker Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I literally just got back from seeing the movie, and for something that had to boil down six books' worth of material into a feature film it was really well done. Shame they had to truncate and jettison the real "meat" of the whole thing (the Envy subplot was rushed and everything about Scott & Kim was just glossed over), but as a distillation of everything Scott Pilgrim - the vibe, the humor, all that stuff - Wright and co. did great. I think Cera could've used a bit more bravado in his voice instead of the soft spoken schtick he does; otherwise, good stuff.

Man, I really wish they did more with Kim in that movie. Allison Pill did a perfect job with her general snarkiness (and she really did look the part), but again, they didn't have much time to work with, so I'll take what I can get. She's friggin' cute, too. Consider my love of all things Kim Pine cemented.

Edit: Holy crap I just saw that Adult Swim short and they should totally make an animated version of the whole thing for the fans like that and sell it on DVD and that would just make the whole thing even better!!!111!!! [/incoherent run-on sentence]

Grimthwacker on
  • SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Look, you guys who think that this movie should have been made into a trilogy are silly geese.

The source material would not have lent itself well to a trilogy. I think nobody would've cared after the first movie. This isn't Lord of the Rings, it's an indie comic book about a 22 year old slacker and his band.

To add to this, if you think Universal (or any major motion picture company) would have invested the amount of capital needed to make this a trilogy, you belong in an insane asylum. That would be what's called a Bad Investment, no matter how much faith you have in the director.

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    My brother and I just came back from seeing the movie. We both liked it.
    I felt the pacing was rushed, with volumes 3/4/5 condensed to about a half-hour, with parts of it being spaced out seeming arbitrarily (portions of the Envy fights come up in the Roxy fight and Gideon fight). My brother, who has an ear for gender politics, thought that it would've been better had Ramona been the one to deliver the final blow on Gideon.

In short, it had some pacing issues, but when you compare the source material and the canvas in which to work with, I think they did the comics as much justice as they could.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Inter_dInter_d Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Look, you guys who think that this movie should have been made into a trilogy are silly geese.

I only wish I could watch Lucas Lee's films.

Inter_d on
  • Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Anyone else stay for the end-credits?
    8-bit scott comes out and busts the crap out the "THE END," then teleports off, Mega-Man style. I was awesome. Nice little ending.

Another thing I missed:
    "Drinks are on me!"

Cameron_Talley on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I just saw it. I haven't read any of the books (I may correct this at some point but my backlog is already huge).

I loved it. Not for everyone and while the pacing was off at times it didn't detract from the film and, not being familiar with the source material, didn't feel like anything was left out.

Going into the last act I was predicting the rumored original ending and dreading it, but by the end I would have actually been fine going that way, or the way the actually went. I certainly wasn't expecting references as obscure as Clash at Demonhead (or the Universal logo at the beginning... I loved that!).

Tomanta on
  • GuekGuek Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

The source material would not have lent itself well to a trilogy. I think nobody would've cared after the first movie. This isn't Lord of the Rings, it's an indie comic book about a 22 year old slacker and his band.

To add to this, if you think Universal (or any major motion picture company) would have invested the amount of capital needed to make this a trilogy, you belong in an insane asylum. That would be what's called a Bad Investment, no matter how much faith you have in the director.

it wouldn't have made sense financially at all but ultimately the source material didn't really lend itself well to being compacted into a single movie either.

Guek on
  • mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

QFT.

I enjoyed the movie far more than the books, to be honest. Movie!Scott I enjoyed, whereas book!Scott I just wanted to push down a flight of stairs over and over again.

mysticjuicer on
    narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • GrimthwackerGrimthwacker Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    8-bit scott comes out and busts the crap out the "THE END," then teleports off, Mega-Man style. I was awesome. Nice little ending.
    You mean they used the sprite from the SPvTW PSN/Live Arcade game? 'Cause it sounds just like that.

Grimthwacker on
  • kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    You mean they used the sprite from the SPvTW PSN/Live Arcade game? 'Cause it sounds just like that.
    Yep that is correct, it's the Scott sprite from the game

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Seriously, I liked how there was only one hole in this moon.

Fencingsax on
  • VerrVerr Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The movie was freaking awesome.
    Best fight scene by far was the Bass Battle.

Also, I dig the movie's ending way more than the comics.

Verr on
    edited August 2010
    HamHamJ wrote: »
    A trilogy is a terrible idea. Just no.

If this was originally a movie, you would just not have as many evil exes. You could knock it down to like four or five, one for each act.

But given that it was an adaptation, I think it's inevitable that the pacing would be not as organic.

EDIT:

I need a Scott Pilgrim ring tone. Anyone know of any?
    http://www.scottpilgrimthemovie.com/mobile/

A few free ones.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Henroid wrote: »
    Just to reiterate my opinion of the movie;
    I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who hasn't read the books, frankly. The movie wouldn't make sense otherwise.

The movie had its fair share of jokes unique to it that didn't carry over from the books, like the Seinfeld thing and "I need to pee on her," which was a good treat. The moving around of events and changing who had what line was okay I guess.

The books weren't meant to be constrained to a 2 hour film. A trilogy definitely would've worked out way better. Especially since we would've had some character and character-relationship depth all around. Because seriously there's no depth to Scott and Ramona (his wanting to be with her seems super shallow, yet he's going through all this trouble for her?), or Scott and Kim (his apology at the end, which is something that happens at the end of book 5 and has infinitely more meaning in the books), etc etc etc.

The casting was meh for the most part. The editing / effects is what made the film good to see.

My apologies for not having the most extreme hard-on for the film.

Having just sat through my 1st and a half viewing (see last thread, page 101 or so for an explanation), that's bull. I went with one friend who had read half the books, two people who only saw the trailers and thought it would be "No More Heroes the Movie," and myself, who had been reading teasers and basics in this thread for a bit, enough to get the jist. I was in a mixed theater of newbies and people who had read the comics.

Everyone seemed to be thoroughly enjoying themselves, laughing their asses off, and digging the characters. I know my friends loved it.

I keep hearing people call it shallow. Yeah, well, to most people, our generation (and I'm speaking as a 28 year old who gets called a 23 year old all the time) seems shallow. It's really not.. we just have our own thing, our own idols, so on. While I may hate the Hot Topic movement to commercialize it, the seed and genesis of that stuff is still there. I know that when I meet "the one," I'll have my own baggage to deal with, if it isn't already stopping me from meeting her. It doesn't mean I won't try.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch