As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Urban Dead] If TITZ hits Mycock enough times, WANG will explode all over them.

• ElmoDinkywinkleElmoDinkywinkle Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm still around! But man, it's tough out there. I've barely escaped from being mauled at least 3 times now. Once I was down to 8 HP before limping away. And it hasn't been TITZ. I've been hovering around the old neighborhood but Mockridge/Mycock area is trashed. Every building is ruined.

I'm scared.....

ElmoDinkywinkle on
  • Pablo the PenguinPablo the Penguin Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    And I'm back. I was canoeing in the middle of nowhere for two weeks. what did I miss?

Pablo the Penguin on
  • notmetalenoughnotmetalenough Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I have two more syringes and am holed up somewhere nearby. I already revived the only person at the graveryard that I have contact-listed, anyone else still there?

notmetalenough on
    Samael the Radiant Faced-- Official Naming, Going Nuclear, Click on the Quest, Make She Run and Guild Measurements Officer - Clawshrimp & Co, Draenor-US
  • JaramrJaramr Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Fuck. I got killed by the RRF while trying to scavenge some supplies.

Frederick White managed to get 3 syringes though, ill wait until I have full AP so I can revive three Wangs, or anyone allied with such wangs, and spend the last 20 AP running like hell.

Jaramr on
    steam_sig.png
  • DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Just overheard for what it is worth:
    tassajaramonk said "RRF has moved on to Lukinswood and Lerwill Heights so things should get better here..."

Darian on
  • PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm holed up nearby now, post your info so I can add you if you still need to be revived.

PolloDiablo on
  • ShensShens Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Wow. Some rotter that I revived while collecting syringes hit me with a fire axe fifty times or so. People just kept healing me. He gave up and left. That is something new. 8-)

Shens on
    edited August 2010
    Theres four zeds at the revive point, and I don't have any of them on my contact list, nor do I have a DNA Extractor.

If anyone's there and wants to be revived, post your profile here.

Jaramr on
    steam_sig.png
  • CaitCait Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hello! I've got like a billion syringes and FAKs but uh.....I forgot to pick up a DNA extractor <_< so I can only revive you if I already had you on contacts. I didn't see any of you at the cemetery so am lurking around somewhere to check again later :3

Cait on
    edited August 2010
    Ive got a toolkit and three syringes, I will be heading back to reclaim Mycock tomorrow

Jaramr on
    steam_sig.png
  • Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Finally got a heal, so I'm going to be around repairing and rezzing.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    What's the revive procedure? Everyone in the cemetary, or only people with 'WANG' in their profile?

Casually Hardcore on
  • PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'd guess only people with WANGs. Unless there are other human groups around that I don't know about.

PolloDiablo on
    edited August 2010
    I revive WANG'ers first, Jizz Police second, and then other people.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
    edited August 2010
    And I got PK'd while I was collecting supplies. Wonderful, he lied.

Im in the cemetery right now, ive got a toolkit and three syringes.

Jaramr on
    steam_sig.png
  • notmetalenoughnotmetalenough Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I have very few people contact listed, so if you want a revive, please post a link to your profile so I can add you.

notmetalenough on
    Samael the Radiant Faced-- Official Naming, Going Nuclear, Click on the Quest, Make She Run and Guild Measurements Officer - Clawshrimp & Co, Draenor-US
  • RobzielRobziel Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I keep getting killed after getting revived :/
    Currently hiding grabbing more FAKs so I can survive long enough to try and use this stupid heavy generator I'm carrying.

Robziel on
    Do I look like the sort of man who'd go and find unsuspecting Japanese schoolgirls in short skirts and white panties and ask them if they want to see my "Cthulu Special"?
  • Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Well, I'm hiding in a top secret location. Rebuilding and barricading throughout the day.

I'm pretty hesitant on using the generator I have, cause lights attracts zombies like poo-ka-ka. We need a general plan of rebuild, though.

Casually Hardcore on
    edited August 2010
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

6 shotgun rounds and 4 pistol rounds + 5 axe attacks and I've passed out next to a zombie with 2 health. Fuck the RNG man.

EDIT: Escaped, but still, F the RNG

Robziel on
    Do I look like the sort of man who'd go and find unsuspecting Japanese schoolgirls in short skirts and white panties and ask them if they want to see my "Cthulu Special"?
    edited August 2010
    Alright, I finished off the two zombies that were in AGH, and now I've fixed it AND I brought it up to heavily barricaded, AND FOUND A FIRST AID KIT TO CURE MY INFECTION BEFORE I DIED!!!

So yeah, I feel pretty good :D

Pablo the Penguin on
  • HeliosHelios Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Got you all healed up.

Helios on
    Who is driving?
    Oh my god, bear is driving!
    edited August 2010
    thanks, unfortunately a zombie took down the cades and is in there. you might want to get out.

Pablo the Penguin on
    edited August 2010
    Well, it looks like TITZ have a ally of their own.

Edit: Ardenio is at the cemetery, I took a few swipes at him before I ran out of AP. Do not revive him.

Jaramr on
    steam_sig.png
  • HeliosHelios Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    ha, no, I don't hang around anywhere near there when I finish for the day. I only went up there because you sounded like you needed some heals.

Helios on
    Who is driving?
    Oh my god, bear is driving!
    edited August 2010
    Jaramr wrote: »
    Well, it looks like TITZ have a ally of their own.

Edit: Ardenio is at the cemetery, I took a few swipes at him before I ran out of AP. Do not revive him.

He's a rotter so you can't revive him anyway.

I know this zombie and I don't think he's serious cause he hugged me at the cemetery and he isn't a giant tosser :p. I'll investigate next time he's around.

Cait on
    edited August 2010
    So, have we moved to a new base of operations? Because mockridge appears to be completely destroyed at the moment.

Pablo the Penguin on
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I've been laying down in the cemetery for like a week now because I'm scared to stand up and be vulnerable again.

Sir Carcass on
    edited August 2010
    I finally got some more ammo repaired two buildings and restarted a generator with a jerry can of fuel I had on me. We are trying to take it back but it's easier to destroy than to create.
    Also a little bummed we didn't get any updates as promised but for what I'm paying a month I can't complain that much :)

Robziel on
    edited August 2010
    I've been slowly rebuilding and barricading what I can. But it's an uphill battle.

Casually Hardcore on
    edited August 2010
    EDIT - never mind. tired of the PK spying.

Shens on
    edited August 2010
    I bit a TITZ in Anne to 4HP and there's one dead on the ground. If you get in quick you can retake it. I'm still dead so can't do it.

Have you guys considered getting a separate forum or an IRC channel?

Cait on
    edited August 2010
    Cait wrote: »
    I bit a TITZ in Anne to 4HP and there's one dead on the ground. If you get in quick you can retake it.

Have you guys considered getting a separate forum or an IRC channel?

It was brought up once or twice. There are two knocks against such an idea:

1) Most of us play this casually, we are not serious business. Most of us don't want another forum address to remember. And I know for me I usually play my rounds at work so IRC is not an option.

2) It wouldn't stop the PK'ers as they probably people on this forum. Any of us could be a member of TITZ, hell, for all you guys know I'm a member. There isn't really an effective way to check for spies so there wouldn't be a good way to filter applicants.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
    edited August 2010
    The first one can be bypassed by bookmarks, putting the link in your UD profile or even in here :3

I don't know about the second one though. In the other groups I'm in everyone chats to each other about non-UD things and are friends so I'd like to think I'd know if one of them was a spy but it's easier to lie on the internet I suppose :3. That's the main reason I suggested an IRC (the talking part).

Cait on
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm a member.

:x

Sir Carcass on
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Some actual changes to the game. Unfortunately, nothing really earthshaking to the status quo.
    16th August 2010

* Survivors and zombies alike are finding it easier to navigate the familiar wreckage of the city streets. Survivors can get directions to a nominated safehouse; zombies automatically focus on the most recent groan or scent trail.
    * Settling in for the long haul, some survivors have been modifying and memorising their safehouses. Those able to scout a safehouse can spend 30AP to survey the building, giving them approximately 5 extra AP per day within their nominated safehouse, until they die or the safehouse is ruined.
    * A few zombies have been heard bellowing with rage when faced with large numbers of survivors, issuing a louder feeding groan which attracts the dead from further afield.
    * Zombies are lurching into the deepest shadows of dark buildings, making it harder to escape their tangling grasp in the dark.

GONG-00 on
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
    edited August 2010
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Some actual changes to the game. Unfortunately, nothing really earthshaking to the status quo.
    16th August 2010

* Survivors and zombies alike are finding it easier to navigate the familiar wreckage of the city streets. Survivors can get directions to a nominated safehouse; zombies automatically focus on the most recent groan or scent trail.
    * Settling in for the long haul, some survivors have been modifying and memorising their safehouses. Those able to scout a safehouse can spend 30AP to survey the building, giving them approximately 5 extra AP per day within their nominated safehouse, until they die or the safehouse is ruined.
    * A few zombies have been heard bellowing with rage when faced with large numbers of survivors, issuing a louder feeding groan which attracts the dead from further afield.
    * Zombies are lurching into the deepest shadows of dark buildings, making it harder to escape their tangling grasp in the dark.

Interesting, not sure if that will actually help me at all considering how much moving around I'm doing.

Robziel on
    edited August 2010
    Looks like that Scout Safehouse is a new skill.

Woo, something to spend my 3000 xp on.

Sir Carcass on
    edited August 2010
    Argh. The update broke the UDToolbar again.

I bought and used Scout Safehouse and it doesn't seem to take AP to use.

Shens on
    edited August 2010
    I'll take a look at the UDToolbar again sometime when I am bored. Any insight into what might have broken it?

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
    edited August 2010
    Repaired and caded up two buildings, the hotel 1N of perriot is the entry point.

Jaramr on
    steam_sig.png