As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Converting .ogg to .mp3

dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
edited August 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
So I have a collection of CD's that I ripped to .ogg. My new stereo doesn't support .ogg and I'd like to batch convert them to .mp3 so I can toss them on a flash stick and not have to lug around my charger/aux in audio cable.

I know I can re-rip them all, but honestly I don't feel like it. It would take too long, and they're all still packed in a box in some unknown closet as I just moved.

There are a bunch of results if you google for it, but I don't exactly trust most media players or converters and would like some opinions.

dispatch.o on

• Options
    corky842corky842 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    foobar2000 is great and can convert all of them at once.

corky842 on
  • Options
    dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I tried foobar, it sets up all nice then asks for a command line converter, where would I get one?

dispatch.o on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    TalonSETalonSE Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'd just use LameXP. Includes everything you need to do this.

TalonSE on
  • Options
    CrashtardCrashtard Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I use DBPowerAmp for pretty much everything. It supports batch conversions, so you can select all of your music and do it all in on shot, and it also supports multi-core processing so it'll convert as many songs as a time as you have cpu cores. You can also convert to multiple formats at the same time. It's pretty handy, and super easy to use.

Crashtard on
    I pinky swear that we will not screw you.

Crashtard.jpg
  • Options
    SeeksSeeks Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Seconding DBPowerAmp.

Mediacoder is also good for batch conversions (video too).

Seeks on
    userbar.jpg
    desura_Userbar.png
  • Options
    corky842corky842 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Crap, forgot about needing the encoder. Get it here.

corky842 on
  • Options
    krushkrush Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    not sure, but you could check out Super. I use it to batch convert .flv to 3g2, mp3 and ogg, but never gone from ogg to mp3 with it. I suppose it should be able to do it though.

krush on