As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

New comic thread, Wednesday, 8/18/10

• CrossBusterCrossBuster Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Surprisingly, the radio selections in San Francisco seriously fucking blow.

I can't remember the last time I've ever wanted to listen to the radio. I like NPR, but they have podcasts of all the shows I listen to.

There is basically no reason for the radio to exist in my world.

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Who remembers the SE++ radio station?

Javen on
  • SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    the classic rock station here plays an inordinate amount of Bob Segar

I get that he came from here you guys, you don't have to play Turn the Page every single hour!

Squall on
  • WindfayirWindfayir Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    As a murder victim,

this is a post of undeniable quality

Windfayir on
  • Fatty McBeardoFatty McBeardo Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Firsr panel... G&T have really gotten into the spirit of Mafia 2...

Having everyone with a radio makes some good sense from the perspective of emergency notifications. But serioisly, RIAA? Do you think you're fooling anyone?

Fatty McBeardo on
  • SticksSticks I'd rather be in bed.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    They are walking to the left, the blood is just coming from gabe (maybe he stepped in the marinara sauce?). The rain is washing it away, so thats why it disappears by the time the rug is centered over it.

it all makes sesnse

Sticks on
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    I used to record my own radio show

I think every kid used to do that

all the songs I played on the show were the theme songs for the Disney Afternoon cartoons

I did too

A tape recorder was a BIG FUCKING DEAL to me and the fact that I was allowed to go outside with it was an even bigger deal

I'm pretty sure all the tapes are long gone though. Only reason I'd want to hear them is because my grandma could be heard on a couple, but this was way back in like '92 or '93..

maybe all the tapes are inside Gabe and Tycho's Mystery Murder Rug

Yes!!! I made shows with my bestest friend. He did sports and I did music. If I recall correctly, Puff the Magic Dragon was the big hit that summer. Davey Crockett too? I think so.

I bet my Mom has those in a box somewhere.

Then I had a radio show in college for 4 years. That was awesome, even if it was functionally equivalent to playing music for myself in a basement since no one listened to the radio station at my school (except the poor sods in the dorm next to the transmitter who would pick it up on their coffee machines, doorknobs, and dental hardware.)

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • TenTen Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    pslong9 wrote: »
    neogodless wrote: »
    Does anyone else get the sensation they are walking to the left, but the blood trail is in that direction?!

Glad it's not just me. Looks like Gabe is walking backwards and Tycho is walking forwards, but the blood stain is in Gabe's direction.

They're going to a body disposal party and they're not the first guests
    It's BYOB

Ten on
  • AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    you guys know what I use my car radio for?

listening to my iPod

and actually my cassette deck would work better for that

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    AMP'd wrote: »

listening to my iPod

Yeah, I only use my car radio for my Zune and if it had an aux input I wouldn't even use the FM transmitter (piece of shit).

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • AzadIsCoolAzadIsCool Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Woah. I use the radio all of the time. Helps me find new music to put on my iPod.

AzadIsCool on
    leftaq.jpgcenterv.jpgrightz.jpg
    edited August 2010
    basically this is the RIAA:

2007hotrod028.jpg

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Wooden ladders are so 20th century.

MKR on
  • PhalangesPhalanges Registered User new member
    edited August 2010
    Nice Honda Civic ... should have drawn the Si though.

Phalanges on
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Pwnan and I have differing philosophies on radio. While I never spent 15 hours agonizing over my playlists, knowing that there were probably about 5 or 6 people who were tuned in and actually paying attention to what I was playing, I still cared about what I did and I felt like I owed it to those 6 people to do the best show I could. And coming in late was something you tried never to do, much less being late every show. You'd be off the air in no time.

Of course, maybe we just run things differently at WUSC-FM COLUMBIA, 90.5 WHOOP WHOOP

Neville used to be a Wussie too! Wherever he is. That was before my time though.

Grey Ghost on
  • YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

listening to my iPod

I did this with my MP3 player in my old car.

My 1997 Malibu was more iPod ready than most cars.

Yukira on
  • Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Notice how Tycho conveniently hides his metal claw behind the bloodied rug.

Burden of Proof on
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    everyone I know that has satellite radio likes it, but regular radio? people still listen to that?

Jars on
  • Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I quite liked
    I'm not saying that being a government person is easy, but it must be easier, certainly, when you simply pass laws written by the companies you're supposed to regulate? Probably?

from Tycho's newspost.

Fire Truck on
  • nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Pwnan and I have differing philosophies on radio. While I never spent 15 hours agonizing over my playlists, knowing that there were probably about 5 or 6 people who were tuned in and actually paying attention to what I was playing, I still cared about what I did and I felt like I owed it to those 6 people to do the best show I could. And coming in late was something you tried never to do, much less being late every show. You'd be off the air in no time.

Of course, maybe we just run things differently at WUSC-FM COLUMBIA, 90.5 WHOOP WHOOP

Neville used to be a Wussie too! Wherever he is. That was before my time though.

Irvine now, but going back to Seattle soon.

But yah, I was a Wussie back in the day. :3

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Man I wish there were a local electro station 'round here

me too

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    kexp.org and di.fm

that's nearly all of my music listening

Weaver on
  • jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I can't help but think of that mad scientist on Robot Chicken "pluto is no longer a planet, also cake is no longer fattening!" etc..

"all cell phones must have radios! also, all flashlights must have calculators! all lawnmowers must have laser printers! all washing machines must have air conditioners!!"

jwalk on
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I think this is just as bad as cars having to be hybrid... I understand the gasoline being a back-up for when you have a lack of charge... but 'CMOOOOON!

Xehalus on
    edited August 2010
    Xehalus wrote: »
    I think this is just as bad as cars having to be hybrid... I understand the gasoline being a back-up for when you have a lack of charge... but 'CMOOOOON!

I uh

this is not an apt comparison at all

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

This is what the haggard mule and cart are for.

It's at least as fast as a hybrid.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • KnaraKnara Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    As a murder victim,

So much this.

I wait with bated breath for the blogosphere to cry out with indignation about this callous joke material.

Knara on
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

I uh

just as bad as forcing my kids to get vaccines... 'CMOOOOOOOON!

Brolo on
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

I uh

I really thought I made a funny, but I suppose lithium ion batteries and carbon emissions, both own the environment.

Xehalus on
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

I uh

I really thought I made a funny, but I suppose lithium ion batteries and carbon emissions, both own the environment.

what

just talk about radios

Brolo on
  • Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Ten wrote: »
    pslong9 wrote: »
    neogodless wrote: »
    Does anyone else get the sensation they are walking to the left, but the blood trail is in that direction?!

Glad it's not just me. Looks like Gabe is walking backwards and Tycho is walking forwards, but the blood stain is in Gabe's direction.

They're going to a body disposal party and they're not the first guests
    It's BYOB
    I like this post.

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

It's not that we didn't care it's just that we ran a really weird show.

I like to think our lateness and overrun would only add to the fact that nobody's going to believe "there was this crazy show that played techno that had Daft Punk's "robot rock" as it's intro..." and then they go on to describe how the local public access radio station that normally plays smooth jazz has a show that ends with the hosts saying "arabian goggles" as much as they can.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Jars wrote: »
    everyone I know that has satellite radio likes it, but regular radio? people still listen to that?

Oh don't get me started on sat radio (we have SirXM at work). It's horrible. I mean, it's not as bad a commercial radio, but it's not much better. The damn INDIE STATION has a playlist so short I often hear the same song twice in a 5 hour shift. There's just no excuse for that whatsoever. Good luck keeping your sanity on any of the other stations.

Monkey Ball Warrior on
    "I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Grey Ghost I hear you! I hear you right in my heart.

Although I can only speak to prepping a talk show as opposed to a music show.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

There is no excuse for you to have been late to your own show on a frequent basis. It doesn't send any other message than a lack of professionalism.

Zonugal on
  • YoSoyTheWalrusYoSoyTheWalrus Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Zonugal wrote: »

There is no excuse for you to have been late to your own show on a frequent basis. It doesn't send any other message than a lack of professionalism.

If he liked it and his boss liked it and nobody else complained, what is the problem? It sounds like a lack of professionalism was the point, and I dig it.

YoSoyTheWalrus on
    tumblr_mvlywyLVys1qigwg9o1_250.png
    edited August 2010
    Zonugal wrote: »

If he liked it and his boss liked it and nobody else complained, what is the problem? It sounds like a lack of professionalism was the point, and I dig it.

It wasn't really a boss thing. We were volunteering to do the show. There was no money exchange.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
    edited August 2010
    I am vomiting from rage.

Zonugal on
    edited August 2010
    Well most of your posts make people vomit in disgust, so I feel like I'm slaying some sort of garbage dragon.

And it wasn't even my show. If I had my way we would have been on air as long as possible, giving people something to listen to other than classic rock stations.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
    edited August 2010
    You may never slay me for I am the Garbage Dragon!!!

garbagedragon.jpg

Zonugal on
This discussion has been closed.