As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat]tack Dog

1626364656668»

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Tav wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    look at us

we can headbang in unison with our guitars below our crotches

I like the headbanging keyboardist

that keyboard is so fuckin' heavy

it is tuned in drop d so yeah

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Just submitted my first application to become a freelance writer for a media publication.

Ohhh god...

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    I would be interested in a capsaicin extraction, just for novelty's sake. Maybe chop and dry some habaneros, soak in ethanol or even something like IPA or DCM. I imagine you could evaporate the latter two solvents and re-dissolve your impure capsaicin goo in a more edible solvent. D-Limonene is chemically similar to xylene and is nontoxic, but it would likely impart a bitter flavor to the extract. Doubt it would be noticeable though, since this stuff would certainly be active by the drop.

Tim honestly

Just buy capsaicin extract- it isn't hard to come by

I thought you were a scientist.

Why do you hate fun

Because I don't want you to die after eating hot sauce still tainted with Di chloro methane

I was just musing, it's not like I have what, to the untrained eye, would appear to be a meth lab in this trailer full of solvents and hanging bundles of chilies.

hahaha

I mean yeah that is what would happen, extraction wise. But I don't know that you could get a solid out of it- you would probably have to do some nasty stuff to it for it to solidify- I think the melting point of capsaicin is way lower than room temperature

Apparently it's very soluble in ethanol. I imagine you could take the impure extract, dissolve it in a minimal amount of ethanol, and add cold water until it starts to precipitate capsaicin and probably a few other compounds.

I don't know that capsaicin would remain a solid though; what is the melting point?

Arch on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    This shit has me seriously paranoid. Why would I be getting issues connecting to the one site I regularly visit at work but not others?

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Just submitted my first application to become a freelance writer for a media publication.

Ohhh god...

Good luck!

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Oh god.

The Atomic Ross discussion from the Gay Rights thread spawned a new thread dedicated to the incredibly stupid discussion that was going on.

What madness have I created?

I'm holding you and Quid responsible. And there will be revenge.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Pony wrote: »
    I can link worse music than brokeNCYDE

only if they're a band with a record label

terrible indie bands are a dime a dozen

for you to be able to top brokeNCYDE you need to find a worse band that is also financially successful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sK4nkuBP5c

motherfuckin crabcore

nope sorry

with the weird infusion of club hip-hop and open misogyny brokencyde is still worse than this

all you linked to was some talentless screamo with a really mundane music video

that brokencyde video has two dudes grabbing a club skank by the throat and screaming LIAR at her while she does stupid club faces

can't even touch the awful there, man

Pony on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Oh jeeze capsaicin has a melting point of like 65 C

yeah you could precipitate it out I guess

Arch on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    This shit has me seriously paranoid. Why would I be getting issues connecting to the one site I regularly visit at work but not others?

you're probably about to get fired

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    goddam

One of the people on my friends list (a friend's girlfriend) is ridiculously dumb.

For those who haven't seen it- Save The Words is a pretty brilliant way for these dudes to make a few bucks, while being snobby
    FYI, the ‘adopt a word’ thing is a hoax. A brilliant, well thought out one, but a hoax nonetheless. Every single word on there is made up.

I have to admit, it is a genius plan. You sign up to “adopt” a word from the English language that has [supposedly] fallen out of use, you promise to start using it as much as you can, and the first thing that pops up asks if you would like to buy a t-shirt that has your adopted word on it.

I wonder how much money these people have scammed from innocent people thinking that they’re saving the English language. Whoever made this website has just tricked thousands of people to start using completely made-up words in every day language.

Sort of genius. Sort of a douchebag thing to do. Just wish I had thought of it first…

Yes it is a kind of douchey thing to do...but then read the bolded again.

Listen bitch, just because you haven't heard of the word before doesn't mean it is made up! You actually just proved their point for them!

What a phlyarologist.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    People who host house parties are idiots.

Presently, I am one of those people by proxy.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    People who host house parties are idiots.

Presently, I am one of those people by proxy.
    How do you by proxy host a house party?

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Wow that attack attack video was just so awful.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited August 2010
    so your choice:

"spicy food" chat

or "cyberspyin on promo" chat

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
This discussion has been closed.