As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Urban Dead] If TITZ hits Mycock enough times, WANG will explode all over them.

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The new features are kinda lame.

I don't see why we can't have a 'look out the window' button to see if there's any zombies outside.

Casually Hardcore on
  • Options
    ShensShens Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'll take a look at the UDToolbar again sometime when I am bored. Any insight into what might have broken it?

I glanced over it at work, but the javascript that generates the html is HUGEMcLARGE. I didn't get too much time to go over it. I think it might be time to abandon the addon and go with a greasemonkey script collection. I also read something about the toolbar making Firefox vulnerable to NTT attacks...whatever that means.

Shens on
  • Options
    RobzielRobziel Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    50 ap is not enough, repaired a couple of buildings but wasn't able to get barricade's up, one of the buildings took 11 ap to repair. Trying to work my way west to Mycock.

Robziel on
    Do I look like the sort of man who'd go and find unsuspecting Japanese schoolgirls in short skirts and white panties and ask them if they want to see my "Cthulu Special"?
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    We seriously need a more focused effort on rebuilding.

Casually Hardcore on
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I've been trying to rebuild but I keep getting PK'd and the zeds get the buildings down again pretty fast. Yesterday I have AGH up to VSB, I bet it's ruined right now.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    ... I just realized something, I'm pretty sure i killed a paratrooper this morning and didn't realize it and didn't get his name.

Robziel on
    Do I look like the sort of man who'd go and find unsuspecting Japanese schoolgirls in short skirts and white panties and ask them if they want to see my "Cthulu Special"?
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I've been trying to rebuild but I keep getting PK'd and the zeds get the buildings down again pretty fast. Yesterday I have AGH up to VSB, I bet it's ruined right now.

I get tired of the PKing at times. It is just too easy to do without consequence. Especially when the PKers have friends or random people to constantly revive them.

"Oh, they killed me? Back to smashing at the doors I go. Should be easier now that I went inside, killed the genny (which can take up to 50AP to find and fuel in an unpowered factory) and shot down 2 people."

I really don't feel bad about zombie groups whining that survivors have it easy. Survivors really have it the worst when they have to deal with constant PK/revives. This is the reason we all play it casually and don't worry too much about rebuilding. It is just smashing our heads into a wall trying to fight the PKing/horde. I guess TITZ thinks we care a whole helluva lot. I really don't.

Shens on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Agreed 100%. It's not worth playing seriously as it stands, even if I wanted to. Right now all it's good for is something to do while bored during a 15 minute break.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AtomBombAtomBomb Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Just started this, pretty much have no idea what I'm doing. I'm at St Irenaeus's Church in Lockettside, making my way to you guys. Level 1 fireman named Flameo Hotman.

AtomBomb on
    I just got a 3DS XL. Add me! 2879-0925-7162
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Mockridge is a mess. I would probably start somewhere else for now and level up a bit before joining the mayhem.

Shens on
  • Options
    AtomBombAtomBomb Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    A level 20 zombie is after me. I think I'll be dead soon.

AtomBomb on
    I just got a 3DS XL. Add me! 2879-0925-7162
  • Options
    JaramrJaramr Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Now I think is the time where we should all coordinate together to get into srs bsns and repair mockridge, or become a zombie horde and casually move suburb to suburb wrecking shit up.

I for one, vote for the horde.

Jaramr on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    There is a PK running around saying 'Wangs are PK's'.

I swear, what have you guys done to make people so angry?

Casually Hardcore on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    There is a PK running around saying 'Wangs are PK's'.

I swear, what have you guys done to make people so angry?

Some guy read that I was a bounty hunter fighting agianst TITZ in my profile, and immediately killed me. Maybe its the same guy?

Jaramr on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Well, im going to play some zombie for a little while, since ive always done survivor.

If any of you want to roam around Malton eating harmanz with me, change your group to We Are Nice Horde, and head south. If I get enough people, ill attempt to get some coordination going so we can bring down high value targets.

Jaramr on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Any takers for the zombie lifestyle? Its quite fun actually.

Although we should stay away from Mycock to give the survivor WANGs a fighting chance, im currently in Brooksville if anyone wants to join me.

Jaramr on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I roam around as a Zed while waiting for a rez. I mostly go around killing Zeds who have parked themselves in buildings.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Next time I die I'll be in for some zombie fun.

Casually Hardcore on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Im going to be besieging the Culling Building which seems to have been repaired, if anyone wants to coordinate a attack time, ring me up on Steam.

Jaramr on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    That's my normal necrotech facility for syringes...

Darian on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Jaramr wrote: »
    Im going to be besieging the Culling Building which seems to have been repaired, if anyone wants to coordinate a attack time, ring me up on Steam.

If I was in the area, I would be killing you right now. That is the unofficial WANG syringe station. You should just roll with TITZ. They PK me in there all the time.

Shens on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Oh, D:

Well, I guess ill roll a bit more south then.

Edit: You know what, ill just go over and join the big bash.

Edit Again: Im going to embrace the Dual Nature that I was doing before I joined WANG. so if anyone sees me zeding around, feel free to poke me, and im right back on your side.

Jaramr on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HeliosHelios Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I bought the Scout Safehouse skill for giggles and used it to scout a hospital I'm hiding in with 1AP.
    You are Urban Jesus. You have -29 Action Points remaining.

It's a good thing I only play at work and it's the weekend coming up.

Helios on
    Who is driving?
    Oh my god, bear is driving!
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Helios wrote: »
    I bought the Scout Safehouse skill for giggles and used it to scout a hospital I'm hiding in with 1AP.

Ahahahaha, that's pretty good :D

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Helios wrote: »

Hahaha. That's great.

Also, I really hope people don't consider me to be like TITZ for rolling with Dual Nature again.

Because seriously, fuck those guys.

Jaramr on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Nah. I wouldn't. There is a difference between most zombie groups and PK groups like TITZ.

Some rotters get bent out of shape about being revived while attacking an NT building, but most just jump out windows and go about their undead business. Getting revived, collecting a ton of ammo, destroying generators and blowing away people that are defending the building you are attacking is essentially cheating. Good thing this game has no rules or enforcement? Right? :P

I really don't understand the people that are hardcore into this game. It is just ripe for abuse.

Shens on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, im starting to get a bit more serious about this game, and I think that if everyone did dual nature, the game would work a lot better, but im mostly doing it from a roleplay perspective.

Got zombified? Then the hunger consumes you and you must seek out humans to feast upon, this doesnt mean standing at a cemetery for 4 days, but you've still got enough sense in you that you won't feast on fellow Nice Guys.

Once you got pricked, its time to never go back to the horrors of zombieism again, and try your hardest to stay breathing.

This is a actually rather liberating way to play Urban Dead, since if your playing purely survivor your often saying "Oh bloody hell im dead AGAIN, time to go stand in a cemetery for a while" instead its "Harmans detected! Nomnomnomnom"

Ill still be doing standard zombie things like bringing down cades, so feel free to shoot me if you don't have a needle on you, that's how the game is played.

Jaramr on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I did the same thing while leveling up. I probably got 10-15 levels as a Zombie. It is worth it to play both sides of this game. I will probably get sick of being a survivor and go back to Zombie mode eventually as well.

Shens on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I need to stop checking in on this game and actually give myself time to build up AP. Oh, the things I do when its summer and I have too much time on my hands.

Jaramr on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Pablo the PenguinPablo the Penguin Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So, where is our new base of operations located? or is it not safe to say in the forum anymore?

Pablo the Penguin on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    We will stand with Mycock until the end.

Jaramr on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    but MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! I don't WANNA go to mycock!

Pablo the Penguin on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    YOU WILL GO TO MYCOCK AND YOU WILL LIKE IT.

Jaramr on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    mmmmmm.... smexy...

Pablo the Penguin on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Frederick White the zombie is in the mycock area now, currently around the churches.

If anyone sees him, try to revive him so he doesn't do anymore damage, and starts helping.

Jaramr on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    MyCock is fully operational and barricaded but I wouldn't sleep there.

Robziel on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Dude, EVERY SINGLE TIME I GO TO SLEEP I WAKE UP PK'ed!!!!! WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENGING!?!?!?!?!

Pablo the Penguin on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Because Urban Dead is serious business.

Robziel on
  • Options
    RericReric Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hey so I just recently started playing this. Just managed to find a portable generator and fuel can to go with it. Any particular good place to set it up? I'm wandering around Mockridge.

Reric on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Nice! Anywhere that's dark is a good place to try and set one up. Club Androwes, Moxham Bank, Boyland Bank, Cockle Cinema, just make sure after you set it up you've enough AP to clear out any zeds and barricade the place heavily. Alternately you could set it up in a hospital so make finding FAKs easier.

I was just about to go spend a couple of days looking for one.

Robziel on