As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

City of Herpes: Going Rogue: TANKS OWN, DEAL W/IT

• Agent VesagoAgent Vesago Half Iago. Half Fu Manchu. All Bastard. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Seriously.

Fuck 'em.

Agent Vesago on
    Clowns.jpg
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    caves are bullshit

CoH probably would have been 9000000 times more popular if it wasn't for those goddamn maps.

I would seriously log off when I ran into one of those bastard maps.

Speaking of things people intentionally avoid now

I can hardly even remember the combined anguish and joy that was Perez Park circa release.

Jasconius on
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hahaaha god damn perez park. So ridiculous.

I spent hours flying lost in there

Langly on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited August 2010
    back when I first started, I was wandering around in perez park and some giant fucking monster showed up

I freaked the fuck out and then some random dude invited me to a team and we too his ass out and I got a badge

DJ Eebs on
  • FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    holy fucking shit this is out?

god damn, i have to buy this

fuck

i've already basically beaten the game, i have like a 2 or 3 billion inf brute

but fuuuuuuck, man

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Agent VesagoAgent Vesago Half Iago. Half Fu Manchu. All Bastard. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Oh yeah, you can e-mail inf across to other characters.

Agent Vesago on
    Clowns.jpg
  • SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    i haven't played city of heroes in six years and i still hate caves and offices

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2010
    Raneados wrote: »
    aw man I'm at 9 months

i get exactly DICK

Theres a bug that can give you a ton more veteran rewards for free. I had 8 months and it pushed me to 33 when I renewed.

Morkath on
  • LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So how many different factions separating the populace are there, is it still just Heroes and Villains? Or do Praetorians get a segregated faction all their own, or even split between Praetorian heroes and villains, or oh gof :<

Ledneh on
  • MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2010
    Ledneh wrote: »
    So how many different factions separating the populace are there, is it still just Heroes and Villains? Or do Praetorians get a segregated faction all their own, or even split between Praetorian heroes and villains, or oh gof :<

Less now, you can make your hero a vigilante to go to the rogue isles, or your villain a rogue to go to heroland.

You can only be a praetorian from 1-20 currently, old characters can't do the content.

Morkath on
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    this seems to run WORSE than it did last time

what's wth THAT

although my computer is older and more bogged down now

Raneados on
    edited August 2010
    And the content is newer

Langly on
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    stupid technology

always boldly marching forward and all that

Raneados on
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    My reptilian pirate idea is being thwarted because if I want a hook hand it HAS to be human. Grrr.

Edit: And I was going to make Vriska Serket, but there wasn't a face with just vampire type fangs (feline was closest) and I had to choose between an eye path and horns. I'm not trying to say there aren't a lot of options, it just seems like there's a lot of things they could do to make the options more varied and allow for more unique characters.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So hey. Power customisation, which is the most important thing ever. Did pretty much every powerset get alternate animations, or just Martial Arts?

Also, how possible is it to make my Fire/Rad controller have 100% pink moves to go with his fabulous outfit and flamboyant personality?

And did they let you have an alternate animation for Claws/Eviscerate because I do not like the lazy backflip.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Kay wrote: »
    So hey. Power customisation, which is the most important thing ever. Did pretty much every powerset get alternate animations, or just Martial Arts?

Also, how possible is it to make my Fire/Rad controller have 100% pink moves to go with his fabulous outfit and flamboyant personality?

And did they let you have an alternate animation for Claws/Eviscerate because I do not like the lazy backflip.

As far as I know Martial Arts and Super Strength are the only sets to have different animations atm. It is possible to make fire/rad pink.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hawt Chocolate will look fabulous with pink powers. Now I just need to rejig his outfit...

He's keeping the blonde afro, though.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • moocowmoocow Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So who wants to PM me so I can get one of them fancy resub codes?

edit: got one!

moocow on
    imttnk.png
    PS4:MrZoompants
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    super strength and martial arts are the only sets that got different attack animations

but any of the earth/stone related sets (earth control, stone armor, etc.) got options to change the models of the stone.

you can choose gemstones or lava instead of sorta poo-looking dirt

also Spines is now customizable (it wasn't before, when you could customize weapons). instead of weird bone bananas coming out of you, you can have actual spikes, or thorns, or creepy looking chitinous blades, or whatever

oh and also willpower, regeneration, super reflexes, ninjitsu, and invulnerability can now have all their glowy bullshit turned off

this is sort of a big deal to some people

Pony on
  • SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    pony you know about videogames right

how would i go about recovering a six year old account on this game and then getting a free month maybe

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
    edited August 2010
    Snowbeat wrote: »
    pony you know about videogames right

how would i go about recovering a six year old account on this game and then getting a free month maybe

how much of your account deets do you know

account name, password, etc?

also, how much of the shit about yourself you would've put into your account at the time do you remember?

like your address when you signed up, shit like that?

also

do you still have you original City of Heroes CD key?

Pony on
    edited August 2010
    i don't remember the account name/password, but it's the same address as i have now and i do still have my cd key

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
    edited August 2010
    Snowbeat wrote: »
    i don't remember the account name/password, but it's the same address as i have now and i do still have my cd key

you're american, right?

call these guys:

Phone Support
    We offer telephone support for billing and technical support issues only. You may contact a member of our Billing or Technical Support Teams by calling the number below. We do not offer telephone support for general game support issues. Any calls regarding game support will be directed to use one of the available support methods listed in the Game Support section.

From within the US: 1-512-225-6359
    From outside the US: (++1) 512-225-6359
    Mon-Fri
    12pm to 5pm, Central

you have a "billing issue" (in that you no longer have your account) so they can probably fix that shit for you. They're going to ask you for your account details you can remember (like your address) and most importantly they're going to ask you for your CD key, so have that on hand.

Pony on
    edited August 2010
    radical

thanks dude

now i can become a gay superhero with you guys

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    oh man I want to but i doooon't want to

maybe after I graduate, guys

maybe

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • guruslothgurusloth Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    so this new expansion

it is good, the Praetorian missions are quality, it's all new content with new maps, contacts, bad guys, etc., and you can play as a double agent, where you can be a spy for one group while pretending to be with this other group, and then every so often the mission will be like 'oh, btw, you can fuck your enemies over right now if you want'.

Also pistols and demons and airbending and new costume parts and ninja run ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

gurusloth on
  • Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Mysst wrote: »
    oh man I want to but i doooon't want to

maybe after I graduate, guys

maybe

Mysst. We need you Mysst. Don't leave us hanging.

Gear Girl on
  • FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    i'd buy this but, starcraft 2

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
    edited August 2010
    well if nothing else, the missions in the expansion are better written than the ones in starcraft 2

DJ Eebs on
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    there's a certain Presidential Zombie that's itching to play this

however

I can't afford it

damn you obamacare

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    If this download continues at this rate I will be on tonight, customizing shit on my old characters for hours.

I haven't actually renewed yet, what are resub tokens? Is it a free week or something? Can you get a free month if I buy one after using it? I will use one of them if so.

JohnHam on
    signature.png

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Where is the invention place in the praetorian starting area? I dismissed the popup too quickly on accident.

Jasconius on
    edited August 2010
    so yeah i'm downloadin

who's down to walk me through paragon city at low levels tomorrow

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    JohnHam wrote: »
    If this download continues at this rate I will be on tonight, customizing shit on my old characters for hours.

I haven't actually renewed yet, what are resub tokens? Is it a free week or something? Can you get a free month if I buy one after using it? I will use one of them if so.

You get 15 free days(if you've been inactive for 90+ days) for coming back as well as the person who sent it(You have to pay for a month obviously). If you want a code shoot me your e-mail in a PM and I'll send one.

Gear Girl on
    edited August 2010
    Jasconius wrote: »
    Where is the invention place in the praetorian starting area? I dismissed the popup too quickly on accident.

You should have a contact that points you to it. Just select her and it'll be marked as your destination

DJ Eebs on
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited August 2010
    Fallout wrote: »

fuck

but fuuuuuuck, man

so log on, give me all your stuff and then play something else

Tube on
    edited August 2010
    Fallout wrote: »

fuck

but fuuuuuuck, man

so log on, give me all your stuff and then play something else

ha ha ha ha ha

aaa ha ha ha ha haaa

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited August 2010
    also my dom is still better than your brute :rotate:

Tube on
    edited August 2010
    man i really dig being a mastermind

i keep making masterminds

Raneados on
    edited August 2010
    I wonder how many sarah palin characters were made with this expansion

Langly on