As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Band lineup has been revealed!

13»

• SoularisSoularis Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    honestly i kinda miss seeing Optimus Rhyme at PAX...

Soularis on
    Soularis+Esprit.png
  • VariVari Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Will miss Freezepop-- I've loved them since Less Talk More Rokk. However, giant <3s for Paul and Storm and JoCo. I need to start catching up on the rest of the artists though. I anticipate copious amounts of awesome from all of them. ^_^

Vari on
  • Angel177Angel177 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    NeonJulie wrote: »
    After playing Rock Band with random awesome people for the last few PAXes (Paxii?), singing 'Still Alive' and getting pretty nice feedback, I thought I would do something rediculous this year and email Jonathan Coulton... performing this song live, as close to the way it is in the game, is one of my dreams. Who follows their dreams right?

It'll be interesting to see if I get any replies, although obviously it wouldn't be the end of the world. But hey, how cool would that be eh?

Speaking of music, it seems a lot of PAX-goers are pretty talented. (Considering how many in the other post reference playing oboe and bassoon??) Anybody else have crazy PAX dreams? The first time, I didn't even have a "band", (so I got to play with all the Harmonix people, who 5 starred everything. It was so cool I dreamed about it for weeks!)

Here's the demo I sent him if anybody's curious, it's totally untouched, but it's fine if you don't too...

...'cause I'll probably see you (and you know who you are) in the line for Rock Band this year!

http://www.box.net/shared/ey1xdy526s

OK what the hell is his email, that was good I'd love to help try and get you on stage! As I'm sure are most of the Paxers here(right?):?

Angel177 on
    6103544412_a48002080a.jpg
  • NeonJulieNeonJulie Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Good question... I just went to jonathancoulton.com. Who knows if its even the real contact? :/ Thanks for listening, sure wish I'd have actually song more of a "v" sound though. *sigh*

NeonJulie on
    edited August 2010
    ok so it seems legit here is the contact info

[email protected]

And my Email was quick and to the point.

"Dear Mr Coulton,
    I am a proud member of the Penny arcade PAX forums, One of our members Fondest wishes would be to sing with you at PAX 2010.
    I would like to petition you to consider it if at all possible,whether on stage or at the harmonix booth(who have put out a bounty on your beard FYI).

My kindest regards

B.Featherstone (Angel177)"

Lets see if he will listen, It would be a kick to see it anywhere, so lets see what we can do!

Feel free to copy paste and just change the end.

Angel177 on
  • NeonJulieNeonJulie Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    That's really awesome of you. No replies as of yet. If I don't hear anything (and I'm not really holding my breath or anything), I'm probably going to end up having to sell my PAX ticket. It's heart breaking, but that's what happens when you get laid off out of nowhere like I was last week... :/ Hey if not this year, there's always next year...

NeonJulie on
  • ploogleploogle Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    After playing Rock Band with random awesome people for the last few PAXes (Paxii?), singing 'Still Alive' and getting pretty nice feedback, I thought I would do something rediculous this year and email Jonathan Coulton... performing this song live, as close to the way it is in the game, is one of my dreams. Who follows their dreams right?

It'll be interesting to see if I get any replies, although obviously it wouldn't be the end of the world. But hey, how cool would that be eh?

Speaking of music, it seems a lot of PAX-goers are pretty talented. (Considering how many in the other post reference playing oboe and bassoon??) Anybody else have crazy PAX dreams? The first time, I didn't even have a "band", (so I got to play with all the Harmonix people, who 5 starred everything. It was so cool I dreamed about it for weeks!)

Here's the demo I sent him if anybody's curious, it's totally untouched, but it's fine if you don't too...

...'cause I'll probably see you (and you know who you are) in the line for Rock Band this year!

Best of luck! Just note that you may be too late; I've been trying to coordinate something with his assistant (on behalf of a podcast) for a while now, and I have received very infrequent and late responses. He's got a lot of stuff going on right now with his new album, so I wouldn't expect to hear back. You've got a great voice, though, and I'm sure he'd think about it if he actually got the email in time!

On a different subject, I'm actually glad that Freezepop isn't coming back. I was never a big fan of them, and I only sat through them so I could have a decent spot for when P&S and Coulton went out. Not sure who's going before Paul and Storm this time around, but hopefully I'll like them better.

Not saying Freezepop wasn't talented; I just didn't care for their music.

ploogle on
    If you can't handle me at my Worcestershire, you don't deserve me at my Bestershire.
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    ploogle wrote: »

Best of luck! Just note that you may be too late; I've been trying to coordinate something with his assistant (on behalf of a podcast) for a while now, and I have received very infrequent and late responses. He's got a lot of stuff going on right now with his new album, so I wouldn't expect to hear back. You've got a great voice, though, and I'm sure he'd think about it if he actually got the email in time!

On a different subject, I'm actually glad that Freezepop isn't coming back. I was never a big fan of them, and I only sat through them so I could have a decent spot for when P&S and Coulton went out. Not sure who's going before Paul and Storm this time around, but hopefully I'll like them better.

Not saying Freezepop wasn't talented; I just didn't care for their music.

The lineups are already posted. Saturday's is MC Frontalot, Paul and Storm, and JoCo.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
    edited August 2010
    That's really awesome of you. No replies as of yet. If I don't hear anything (and I'm not really holding my breath or anything), I'm probably going to end up having to sell my PAX ticket. It's heart breaking, but that's what happens when you get laid off out of nowhere like I was last week... :/ Hey if not this year, there's always next year...

D::(....

Angel177 on
  • MoBakkuMoBakku Registered User new member
    edited August 2010
    The lack of local Seattle talent in this lineup is disappointing

MoBakku on
  • ploogleploogle Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    MoBakku wrote: »

Are there any well-known geek bands in the area?

ploogle on
    If you can't handle me at my Worcestershire, you don't deserve me at my Bestershire.
  • jaberwockynmtjaberwockynmt PAX Info Booth Manager Renton, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

I don't know of any that are well-known, but there is a nerdcore scene here, so some of them may become big at some point.

jaberwockynmt on
    --Jarrod "Jaberwocky" Lombardo, PAX Enforcer: Info Booth Manager.
    "We know that the moment we slip, it will be taken away... and so it is of the utmost importance to be worthy of it constantly."
    PAX will always be held on the best weekend for PAX. Sometimes that will be a bad weekend for you; I'm sorry.
  • romulusnrromulusnr Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

I don't know of any that are well-known, but there is a nerdcore scene here, so some of them may become big at some point.

Optimus Rhyme is from Seattle. They've played PAX in the past. There's also MC Gigahertz (not quite as well known) and Beefy (technically from halfway across Washington but that's still "Seattle" in the music biz).

romulusnr on
  • LosarLosar Thane Vector, Rock Star Tucson, AZRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    PAX dream for me? be an omeganaut.

that or sing an opening song for Paul and Storm (like an intro song), then leave the stage and crash on beanbags up front.

a man can dream can't he?

Coincidentally, for Protomen fans:

At Nerdapalooza, not only were a couple of people picked out of the crowd to come on stage and help sing songs when Panther was too sick to sing one night, but they also made someone else an honorary member of the band when they heard him playing The Stand on a piano in the hotel lobby. They dragged him on stage, pronounced him "The Ringer", and had him play the keyboard as the crowd sang along.

Just sayin', it's not as unlikely as you'd think.

Losar on
    Isn't that informative!? Hooray!!
  • SovietMudkipzSovietMudkipz Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    It sure does suck that I have to sit through Frontalot to see JoCo and P&S...

SovietMudkipz on
    camo_sig.png
  • HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    It sure does suck that I have to sit through Frontalot to see JoCo and P&S...

I'm not at all a fan of nerdcore at all, but P&S are worth it. :D

Heleor on
This discussion has been closed.