As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Used [Chat]s Are Piracy

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Gim wrote: »
    Modelo is decent enough

Beat me to it. The especial is kinda of crap though.

clear bottle rule

:?:

Green and clear bottles let light in which ages and potentially spoils the beer. Thats why so many of them taste skunky.

no decent beer will be packaged in a clear or green bottle for this reason

Eh, Heineken is alright and comes in a green bottle. Otherwise I agree.

you're dead to me

nexuscrawler on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Chanus wrote: »
    Modelo is decent enough

clear bottle rule

Green and clear bottles let light in which ages and potentially spoils the beer. Thats why so many of them taste skunky.

Except Yuengling, which is a good low-end beer in a green bottle.

Thought the bottle is dark green/kinda brown, so maybe that's why.
    Newcastle pretty much destroys this rule.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited August 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    Shoot, a piracy thread and here I am without my piracy thread bingo gameboard!

I switched back to this sig in honor of that thread.

Echo on
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    They started putting BLue Moon in brewmaster cans and oh my god it's so much better than bottled.

HappylilElf on
  • Racist JokeRacist Joke Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So ever since I started working at my current job (big car rental company), whenever I'd walk from my car to the building (the yard is between the employee parking and the office, so it is about a 5 min walk), I used to always smell this sweet, bready smell. Wasn't a bad smell, but it always bothered me what it was. I thought maybe it was a cleaning agent the guys used to clean the cars.

So finally I asked a co-worker what it was. Turns out it's from the Molson plant that is around the corner from us. When the wind blows a certain way, it waifs over to us. Kinda cool.

Too bad beer tastes like fucking ass. Seriously, why can't beer taste like it looks? Man was I disappointed when I first tried it years and years ago. Seeing it on tv, you think it will taste kinda sweet and whatnot.

No fucking way.
    There's a Maxwell House plant in Jacksonville, where I use to live. The same thing would happen, but all of down town would smell like coffee.

Now smelling coffee in the morning would be nice, but then it would make me want one (I tend to try and not drink the morning, cause all my co-workers depend on it to keep them awake, I do not want to do that).

Racist Joke on
    Steam
    Xbox Live: Kunohara
  • GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Crap, I'm dead.

Gim on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    yuengling on tap is a totally different beer tho

it really is true
    If you get Yuengling in cans and pour it badly, so there's a lot of foam, it's much closer to the tap taste then bottles will ever be.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Modelo is decent enough

clear bottle rule

Except Yuengling, which is a good low-end beer in a green bottle.

Thought the bottle is dark green/kinda brown, so maybe that's why.
    Newcastle pretty much destroys this rule.

Newcastle is brown. It acts like its own bottle!

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    That car looks like a Toyota Corolla to me.

1998.toyota.corolla.10198-300x189.jpg

mystery-car.jpg

that might be

lights might be a little small on the corolla, but then again there might be a little bloom there

look at the length, that car is at least a full size.

its a lincoln towncar circa 99

Dunadan019 on
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

it really is true

Oh man I like this stuff. Had a glass with dinner last night at McCormick and Schmick's. Good beer! My lobster and shrimp linguini diavolo was entirely underwhelming though :?

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Crap, I'm dead.

Hipsters are taking irony to a weird place.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

it really is true
    If you get Yuengling in cans and pour it badly, so there's a lot of foam, it's much closer to the tap taste then bottles will ever be.

"Decanting" :P

Chanus on
    edited August 2010
    I did a GIS for newcastle bottle

first hit was apparently someone from newcastle who got hit on the head with a bottle

nexuscrawler on
    edited August 2010

it really is true

Oh man I like this stuff. Had a glass with dinner last night at McCormick and Schmick's. Good beer! My lobster and shrimp linguini diavolo was entirely underwhelming though :?
    Are you some kind of wealthy playboy?

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    nexus talk more to me about beers oh yes

*swoon*

Arch on
    edited August 2010

first hit was apparently someone from newcastle who got hit on the head with a bottle

Well don't look up "Huge pussy taking a beer bottle." You might get an entirely different image then just a wuss getting hit.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited August 2010
    they are still talking about D&D and how inconsiderate it is for people to not come.

Dunadan019 on
    edited August 2010
    nexus talk more to me about beers oh yes

*swoon*

what about them eh?

nexuscrawler on
    edited August 2010

it really is true

While you're on the East Coast, keep your eye out for Star Hill. They're a small-time brewery from the Charlottesville, VA area and they make good stuff.

I like the Jomo Lager and the Northern Lights IPA quite a bit.

Chanus on
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

it really is true

Some beers do taste radically different bottle vs tap. Magic Hat #9 is a big one.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

mystery-car.jpg

that might be

lights might be a little small on the corolla, but then again there might be a little bloom there

Not with a tiny trunk like that!

Bullhead on
    96058.png?1619393207
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

it really is true

Are you some kind of wealthy playboy?

Only in my mind, sadly. But it comes with the travel - sort of a perk I guess.

firewaterword on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Preacher wrote: »

Well don't look up "Huge pussy taking a beer bottle." You might get an entirely different image then just a wuss getting hit.

This not only produces the images you would expect but also, apparently, an image of a woman who is about to create the dreaded cum omelette of woe.

Inquisitor on
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    they are still talking about D&D and how inconsiderate it is for people to not come.

It is pretty inconsiderate to not show up for an agreed-upon social gathering without warning.

Silas Brown on
    edited August 2010

Sounds like how my girlfriend nags me.

Chanus on
    edited August 2010

it really is true

Some beers do taste radically different bottle vs tap. Magic Hat #9 is a big one.

Ugh. Magic Hat in a bottle tastes like armpits.

Chanus on
    edited August 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »

This not only produces the images you would expect but also, apparently, an image of a woman who is about to create the dreaded cum omelette of woe.

You'll have to gis amateur again to get the images out of your head.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited August 2010
    Man, I wish I had less commitments in the evening.

Monday is Fencing, Tuesday is Boardgame Night, Wednesday is Work, Thrusday is Cuthulhu Night, and Sunday is Work.

I've only got like Friday and Saturday evening openings for MNC. :(

Inquisitor on
  • GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Crap, I'm dead.

Hipsters are taking irony to a weird place.

thiiam2.gif

Gim on
    edited August 2010

Look after all that effort if you can't at least have some warm yogurt standing by to fake it, you aren't trying.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited August 2010
    Man, I wish I had less commitments in the evening.

Monday is Fencing, Tuesday is Boardgame Night, Wednesday is Work, Thrusday is Cuthulhu Night, and Sunday is Work.

I've only got like Friday and Saturday evening openings for MNC. :(

"Fewer commitments". Aren't you an English major?

Chanus on
    edited August 2010

it really is true

While you're on the East Coast, keep your eye out for Star Hill. They're a small-time brewery from the Charlottesville, VA area and they make good stuff.

I think they have that at my hotel! I'll try it tonight when I get back.

I'll cop to having pretty bad taste in beer though. <3 Labatt Blue. Like Corona, Moosehead, et cetera. I'll drink almost anything crispy and clean tasting though. No bud or miller or whatever. I'll drink Coors when I visit my brothers, but mostly so I don't catch too much shit from the colorado bros.

firewaterword on
    edited August 2010
    Bullhead wrote: »

mystery-car.jpg

that might be

what trunk?
    11496443_1.jpg

Dunadan019 on
    edited August 2010
    "Fewer commitments". Aren't you an English major?

I employ a conversational style on the forums and pretty much never proof read. :P

Being an English major has taught me that correcting people's grammar on forums just makes you a jerk.

Inquisitor on
    edited August 2010

it really is true

I think they have that at my hotel! I'll try it tonight when I get back.

I'll cop to having pretty bad taste in beer though. <3 Labatt Blue. Like Corona, Moosehead, et cetera. I'll drink almost anything crispy and clean tasting though. No bud or miller or whatever though. I'll drink Coors when I visit my brothers, but mostly so I don't catch too much shit from the colorado bros.

The lager is pretty crisp. The IPA is a bit hoppy, but I'm a sucker for hops.

Chanus on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hrm, it looks like Delay's trial will be in Austin rather then Fort Bend. That doesn't bode well for him.

Thomamelas on
    edited August 2010
    The tap vs. bottle vs. can argument is my favorite honestly.

"The beer picks up a taste from the aluminum can, bottles are superior, unless you can get it on tap!"

"Guess what the beer on tap comes in!"

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
    edited August 2010
    Bullhead wrote: »

mystery-car.jpg

that might be

what trunk?
    11496443_1.jpg

Car in DK's picture doesn't have that huge chrome grille.

Chanus on
    edited August 2010

It is pretty inconsiderate to not show up for an agreed-upon social gathering without warning.

he apparantly just gave warning which was not enough in advance of their tuesday gaming night....

yes, next tuesday.

Dunadan019 on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited August 2010
    Being an English major has taught me that correcting people's grammar on forums just makes you a jerk.

It's the kind of grammatical wankery up with which we shall not put.

Echo on
This discussion has been closed.